The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V5! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

This is a Wiki post. Please read this
We appreciate you helping keep this thread up to date. The sales change virtually every day so no one person has the time to update them all. If you notice a game is no longer on sale, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see a game is on sale, add it to the list. Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.
for instructions on updating the thread.

Steam Games and DLC on Sale - Updated 12/16

Daily Deal(s)

Midweek Madness Deal(s) Weekend Deal(s)

Other Deals

Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 9/23

Amazon
  • Amazon - Preorders

• Amazon - Current Deals

GamersGate

Greenman Gaming

Preorder Deals - Updated 10/28
Group Buys - Updated 8/14

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff - Updated 4/3

There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card.
The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Which retail CD Keys are accepted on Steam?

All retail Valve games and a number of third-party games can be registered to your Steam account. All of the following games can be registered through Steam:
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: ####-#####-####
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • AI War CD Keys in various formats
  • Aliens vs. Predator (2010 Release) CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Alpha Prime CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Audiosurf CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • BRINK CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is not accepted on Steam
  • Cities in Motion CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Civilization V CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Cricket Revolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys may also have been printed incorrectly, please see the Dark Messiah article
  • Darksiders CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: The number 2 and letter Z may look very similar.
  • Dawn of War II CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dawn of War II - Retribution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Defense Grid CD Keys in this format (Direct2Drive only): 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Duke Nukem Forever CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Empire: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-DDEFGH3-IJK4L-MNOPQ-RST56
  • F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • F.E.A.R. 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Fallout: New Vegas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2010 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2011 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Front Mission Evolved CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Global Agenda CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Keys purchased directly from the Global Agenda website cannot be registered on Steam.
  • GTI Racing CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • GTR Evolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Homefront CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Humble Indie Bundle in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 2 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 3 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Just Cause 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Please input all O's and 0's as Q's for Just Cause 2
  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Killing Floor CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Last Remnant CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lionheart: Kings' Crusade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Extreme Condition CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Colonies Edition CD Keys are not accepted on Steam
  • Mafia 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Magicka CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Metro 2033 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • MLB Front Office Manager CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: Warband CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • NBA 2K9 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Napoleon: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Order of War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Prey CD Keys in this format: AAB1BB2C345CDD6E E7
  • R.U.S.E. CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: R.U.S.E. keys from Ubisoft's Digital River service are not accepted on Steam
  • RACE - the WTCC Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • RACE 07 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ragdoll Kung Fu CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Railworks CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Red Orchestra CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Rogue Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • SiN Episodes: Emergence CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Saint's Row 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Serious Sam HD CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Shattered Horizon CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Ship CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ship Simulator Extremes CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Silent Hill Homecoming CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Space Trader CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Speedball 2 - Tournament in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Star Trek: D-A-C CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • STCC - The Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Super Meat Boy CD keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Supreme Commander 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Torchlight CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Note: Only keys purchased directly from Runic Games or Perfect World prior to May 19th, 2010 can be registered on Steam.
  • Total War: SHOGUN 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Unreal Tournament 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2-3FGH-456I-K8LM
  • Velvet Assassin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings in this format: AB-1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM
  • Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • X3: Terran Conflict CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Zeno Clash CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
Opposing Force CD-keys cannot be registered through Steam. Opposing Force was included in a retail Half-Life package. The Half-Life CD-key included in the package will unlock all of the games in that package, including Opposing Force.
Note: Only the retail games listed above can be registered through Steam. No other retail games can be registered and downloaded using Steam.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

The Ball (bought @D2D and tested by voken)
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon and tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='warreni']It's pretty Mass Effect-y, I'd say. You might see the occasional boob, if that bothers you, but there are only three NPCs that Geralt can have relations with, if I recall correctly (I only saw two of them). It's handled in a very mature way. Let's just say it's much better than the odd nude-card collecting game that was censored everywhere in the first game and made some folks rather uncomfortable.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Warreni. I'm not the type of person that's bothered by nudity, but I have two kids at home so that usually dictates this kind of stuff. :D Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='warreni']It's pretty Mass Effect-y, I'd say. You might see the occasional boob, if that bothers you, but there are only three NPCs that Geralt can have relations with, if I recall correctly (I only saw two of them). It's handled in a very mature way. Let's just say it's much better than the odd nude-card collecting game that was censored everywhere in the first game and made some folks rather uncomfortable.[/QUOTE]

The way everyone's talking about collecting these cards and the creepyness factor that goes along with it makes me remember collecting "Stud Cards" for the Weird Old Ventriloquist (with puppet) in Shadow Hearts II for the Playstation 2. He was obviously gay, but I actually made an effort to look for those cards. He seemed such a lonely old guy with a just a puppet to keep him company.......Yeah, that's it, I was collecting them for him, that's why I was so obsessed with finding them....for him.

Aztaka $1.00 (IndieGameStand)
Offspring Fling! $1.99
Star Wars: KOTOR II $2.49
Fallout 3: GOTY $4.99
BioShock 1 + 2 $4.99 (Amazon)
Sonic CD $1.24 (Amazon)
Awesomenauts $2.26 (3-pack)
Orcs Must Die! 2 Complete $4.99 (2-pack)
Who's That Flying? $1.49
Silverfall Complete $3.74

Total: $29.18

Pretty fun sale, can't complain.

I'd say it's a fair bit more graphic than Mass Effect, especially ME2 & 3. Especially the bathhouse scene...don't do that part with family looking over your shoulder. :lol: But like everything else it's pretty faithful to the books in that regard. Speaking of which...

Whether you just picked up the Witcher games in this sale or are a long-time fan, I really recommend reading the books! Books 1 & 3 have been officially released in English, and the rest have been fully translated by some awesome guys on the Witcher forums: http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/20967-our-community-fan-translations/ The quality ranges from near-professional to fairly iffy but it is a fan project, and it could be years before these books are officially translated, if ever. With the sequel hook set up at the end of The Witcher 2 I'd say reading the books is absolutely essential. Not to mention, it's amazing how many seemingly-throwaway characters in the games are actually fully fleshed-out in the books. Go read 'em.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']
Whether you just picked up the Witcher games in this sale or are a long-time fan, I really recommend reading the books! Books 1 & 3 have been officially released in English, and the rest have been fully translated by some awesome guys on the Witcher forums: http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/20967-our-community-fan-translations/ The quality ranges from near-professional to fairly iffy but it is a fan project, and it could be years before these books are officially translated, if ever. With the sequel hook set up at the end of The Witcher 2 I'd say reading the books is absolutely essential. Not to mention, it's amazing how many seemingly-throwaway characters in the games are actually fully fleshed-out in the books. Go read 'em.[/QUOTE]

Would you recommend I read the books prior to playing the game? Perhaps this might encourage me to actually play them as opposed to letting them rot in the backlog

The books are pretty disconnected, and the game's plot hinges on Geralt's amnesia, so I wouldn't bother with them yet. Read them afterword if you're a fan of the universe.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I never look at the first post of any on-going thread. If I want to know what today's Steam deal are, I'll just look at Steam.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much the whole of it. Steam does a good job of putting what's on sale front and center by going to their front page, so updating the OP makes a lot less sense than in threads for B&M deals or sites that aren't just games digital distributors. The thread, I find, is a great place to point out games that aren't top/featured deals and then get feedback or have a discussion on them.

[quote name='Corpekata']The books are pretty disconnected, and the game's plot hinges on Geralt's amnesia, so I wouldn't bother with them yet. Read them afterword if you're a fan of the universe.[/QUOTE]

^I actually agree with this. Even better if you go back and play the games again after reading, you'll pick up on so many things, major and minor, that you didn't notice the first time. Besides, we are talking about 2 short story collections (if you do read, don't skip these) and five novels, that's a lot to try and get into if you're not already invested.

[quote name='Flowette']I wasn't a big fan of HMH. The idea seemed a lot more fun that the actual game itself. You may want to research that one to make sure it's what you're after :)

However, FTL has been a pleasant surprise for me and one of my favourite games of 2012. It has plenty of replayability and scratches that pleasepleasepleasedontdieonme itch. It's also very unforgiving as you can lose an hour's work in just one jump; it's that constant threat of death that really drew me in. As RockPaperShotgun pointed out, some games are at their best when it all goes hopelessly wrong.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up! As for HMH, I actually beat all of it on PSP and especially loved the last bonus mode (Hero 3 mode I think), and I wanted to see how different he PC/XBOX version was since those came out later. You're right though, it's an overall shallow experience, which is why I only want to buy it if it's 75% off :)

[quote name='N3UROP0D']

I'd say it's a fair bit more graphic than Mass Effect, especially ME2 & 3. Especially the bathhouse scene...don't do that part with family looking over your shoulder. :lol: But like everything else it's pretty faithful to the books in that regard. [/QUOTE]

Well, except for the time when he is in his tent at the siege camp with Triss at the very beginning of the game, every encounter thereafter is optional. My memory may be a bit fuzzy about the details (I played TW2 shortly after it came out) but I don't think there are any other mandatory "adult encounters" in the game.

[quote name='walkonshadows']The way everyone's talking about collecting these cards and the creepyness factor that goes along with it makes me remember collecting "Stud Cards" for the Weird Old Ventriloquist (with puppet) in Shadow Hearts II for the Playstation 2. He was obviously gay, but I actually made an effort to look for those cards. He seemed such a lonely old guy with a just a puppet to keep him company.......Yeah, that's it, I was collecting them for him, that's why I was so obsessed with finding them....for him.[/QUOTE]

I think what bothered people about the first game was that it seemed a bit like a metagame of the sort that you're describing for this PS2 game--the idea was that Geralt was supposed to seek out as many chicks as he could get in the sack because the player is rewarded with this titillating card and because the character is sterile and immune to disease. It just came across as a bit sleazy.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I never look at the first post of any on-going thread. If I want to know what today's Steam deal are, I'll just look at Steam.[/QUOTE]

I use the steam app on my iPhone. It has tabs for sale, flash, popular and specials. You can view your wishlist, it shows current prices including % off, and if you're feeling really adventurous you can make purchases from the app while away from your PC.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']
As a newcomer I have to say, the light-hearted nature of this theard (and others here) are what made me finally decide to register and stick around. If I didn't want the warm and fuzzy atmosphere, I'd do all my discount searching solo and be anti-social like I am IRL.
[/QUOTE]

If not for the community discussion aspect, I'd just be checking in here now and then as an adjunct to other deal sites for info on game sales. I registered and joined in because this is such a friendly place.

Now for the damages.

Steam:
Jagged Alliance 2 Gold $4
Civ III Complete $1.75
Silverfall Complete $3.75
Droplitz $1
Patricians and Merchants Pack $2
Deus Ex DLC $1.25

Amazon:
Bioshock Dual Pack $5 (Even though I got Bioshock 1 for free on Gamefly)
Paradox War Chest $7.50
Zeno Clash $1
Dead Island GOTY $6.80
THQ Bundle (minus the Red Faction games) $7.25

Other:
Double Fine Fortnight, IndieGala Sim, Groupee Build a Bundle 4, Indie Royale Stuffing Bundle, and week 1 of the new Indiefort (with plans to grab all five weeks.)

I was tempted to grab Coconut Queen to see what the fuss is about. I was tempted by LA Noire Complete. I was tempted by Batman GOTY. I was tempted by the Paradox Heavy Seas bundle. I was tempted by a bunch of stuff, but who can get everything?

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Indie gala 11 is up[/QUOTE]

Same policy's back too:

3) Only BTA people will be qualified 'early buyer' for the Happy Hour ( if an HappyHour will be ). In a few words: Happy Hour is only for BTA people.

edit: if an HappyHour will be

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Indie gala 11 is up[/QUOTE]

Looks like one only for Steam completionists, as I have most of this stuff from GMG and other places. I'm not even excited about this one on the cheap unless there are decent bonus games.

My Haul:
Steam:
Cargo Commander $2.49
Silverfall 1&2 $3.74

Amazon:
Prototype pack $9.03
Blacklight Tango Down $1.25

GMG:
Hard Reset $3.75

Total Damages: $20.26

[quote name='hollowfreak']I use the steam app on my iPhone. It has tabs for sale, flash, popular and specials. You can view your wishlist, it shows current prices including % off, and if you're feeling really adventurous you can make purchases from the app while away from your PC.[/QUOTE]

The steam app is great, I use it on my Galaxy S3.

Does anyone know if there is going to be a sale on Farcry 3? This is a game I am definitely going to pick up but am not sure if I should preorder or not.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Any last minute opinions of Drakensang: The River of Time? I don't think it's ever been 75% off and it's currently this price.[/QUOTE]

Haven't played it myself, but a buddy of mine that used to write professional reviews wrote a recommendation on Steam:
A prequel to Drakensang; The Dark Eye and much better game. It feels like they took all of the community complaints about the first one and improved most of the issues.

The game is based off the German pen and paper RPG with deep character skillsets that can be daunting at first look.

This is a story driven linear RPG. Gather a group of followers, battle evil and grind dungeons. Quick travel, paused combat, excellent interface, deep character skill customization and solid art.

Voice acting is a tad cheesy but that is typical of Euro RPG's translated for an English audience. Picked this up for $5 duing the current sale and am pleased.

[quote name='chopper731']Does anyone know if there is going to be a sale on Farcry 3? This is a game I am definitely going to pick up but am not sure if I should preorder or not.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't expect much of a sale right after release. Or, rather, if you can get a good pre-order deal now (30% or so), that'll probably be the same discount you'd get a month or two after the game has been out.

[quote name='Dalrint']Is any of the Just Cause 2 DLC worth it?[/QUOTE]
Agreed, black market aerial pack is definitely worth it as it has the booster rocket on the parachute (which can be easily modded to get rid of the limit on its use), a cool fighter jet, and a multi lock rocket launcher.

Monster truck with a gun turret and the hover craft are fun diversions.

It's super cheap so I just picked it all up last time it was on sale.

[quote name='Syntax Error']I wouldn't expect much of a sale right after release. Or, rather, if you can get a good pre-order deal now (30% or so), that'll probably be the same discount you'd get a month or two after the game has been out.[/QUOTE]

If you don't mind having in on the Ubisoft client, you can easily get a voucher from one of those AMD graphic cards on ebay for $20ish.

I picked up:
Knights of the Old Republic II $2.50
Theif Gold $2.50
Was gifted Witcher EE (Thanks P!)

I tried to buy Critter Crunch multiple times but the checkout kept getting stuck. I resigned myself with it being a high quality indie title that already has Steamplay and a low enough cost it'll be in a bundle some point or at least go on sale again later.

I always get that "did I miss something?" panic at the end of a sale. Luckily the winter sale is right around the corner to ease my fears. Plus that one game everyone finally bit on will be the daily today for cheaper, so I'll get it then. I hope it's The Walking Dead 75% off.

Anyone think the YS games will be cheaper during the Winter sale? I seem to remember one of them being in some sort of bundle at one point.

Sigh... two last minute purchases:

- Castle Crashers (lots of friends bought this one, so hoping for some co-op fun)
- Critter Crunch (where have they been hiding this? Rainbow Barf? Yes!)

My damages.

Analouge + Soundtrack
Sniper Elite Collection
Orcs Must Die 2

Under $20 this sale :D.

Also anyone know of any preorder deals on Far Cry 3? I don't need it for Steam, if I can get it cheap enough (assuming there is no horrible drm).

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']My damages.

Analouge + Soundtrack
Sniper Elite Collection
Orcs Must Die 2

Under $20 this sale :D.

Also anyone know of any preorder deals on Far Cry 3? I don't need it for Steam, if I can get it cheap enough (assuming there is no horrible drm).[/QUOTE]

I think someone mentioned to check ebay as it was in some vid card bundles.

Here:

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']If you don't mind having in on the Ubisoft client, you can easily get a voucher from one of those AMD graphic cards on ebay for $20ish.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hal']
- Castle Crashers (lots of friends bought this one, so hoping for some co-op fun)[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know if they've fixed Co-op yet? My son and I played this online a few weeks back and the lag made the game entirely unplayable. We both have 30Mb cable connections, so it wasn't a speed issue. I've seen similar reports of massive slowdowns on the Steam forums, but I haven't tried playing since then.

[quote name='hal']Sigh... two last minute purchases:

- Castle Crashers (lots of friends bought this one, so hoping for some co-op fun)
- Critter Crunch (where have they been hiding this? Rainbow Barf? Yes!)[/QUOTE]
Damn Rainbow barf, couldn't resist it either.

The damage: Coconut Queen for $2.50.. Finally bit on it, if for nothing else than nostalgia for the awesome time I had on this thread during the Summer Sale :) Thanks guys!

Okay - Critter Crunch is a great game. It has overall polish and is cute as hell. Oh yeah.. a fun arcade puzzler as well. Rainbow Barf is the gravy. Literally.

Anyone on the fence should either add it to your wishlist or keep an eye on upcoming bundles. It's a good buy.

[quote name='chaosking121']The damage: Coconut Queen for $2.50.. Finally bit on it, if for nothing else than nostalgia for the awesome time I had on this thread during the Summer Sale :) Thanks guys![/QUOTE]

Luckily you're getting not just a good lol but a surprisingly fun game. I got it to 100% and had enjoyed every minute.

[quote name='hal']Okay - Critter Crunch is a great game. It has overall polish and is cute as hell. Oh yeah.. a fun arcade puzzler as well. Rainbow Barf is the gravy. Literally.

Anyone on the fence should either add it to your wishlist or keep an eye on upcoming bundles. It's a good buy.[/QUOTE]

Got it, when i searched on the steam prices and saw this game immediately got my attention, same with another little gem called English Country Tune. I don't tend to buy Indie Games anymore due to the Bundles but those looked super great for less than 2 bucks each one.

Only picked up Mark of the Ninja and Hotline:Miami from this sale. Loving mark of the ninja sofar, totally thought it was XBL exclusive until I saw it as part of sale

Damage

Steam:

Silverfall + Earth Awakening Pack (picked this up when the sale first started had no idea it would get so popular on here lol)
Dead Hungry Diner
Legend of Fae
Sanctum Map pack 2
Vegas Make it Big
Port Royale 2
Garshasp The Monster Slayer
Garshasp Temple of the Dragon
Naval Warfare
Two Worlds Epic Edition
Magnetis
Of Orcs and Men
Garry's Mod
Hotline Miami
Drakensang The River of Time
Drakensang Phileasson's Secret
Sonic Generations Casino Nights DLC
Orcs Must Die 2 DLC (all of it)
Cargo Commander
Civilization V Double Civ Pack and Denmark and Explorers Combo pack DLC
Time of Shadows
Coconut Queen
Super Street Fighter 4 All in Costume Pack
Zombie Drive HD
Nexuiz 4 pack (had 75% off coupon to use on top of sale price)
Fallen Enchantress
Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion
Galactic Civilizatons Ultimate Pack
Castle Crashers
Mark of the Ninja
Deadlight
Deponia
Jagged Alliance Back in Action
Age of Empires 3 Complete
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2
Intrusion 2

Amazon:

Inversion
Star Raiders
Civilization V Gods and Kings
Serious Sam 3 Jewel of the Nile
Paradox Seas Bundle
Paradox War Chest Bundle

Gamefly:

Syndicate

Greenmangaming:

Skydrift
Dwarfs!?
Port Royale 3
Port Royale 3 Harbour Master DLC
Bangbang Racing
Galazy on Fire 2 HD

Last edited by a moderator:
Might as well post my damages

Cave Story+ $2.49
Waveform $1.74
They Bleed Pixels $3.39
Dungeons of Dredmor Complete $2.49
Droplitz $0.99
Magnetis $0.49
Defense Grid: The Awakening and DLC $3.99
Legend of Fae $2.49
Turba $1.24
The Polynomial $1.74
eXceed Complete Pack $4.99
English Country Tune $1.24
Kung Fu Strike: The Warrior's Rise - DLC $0.74

Total: $28.02

Games Bought:
Intrusion 2
Hotline Miami
LA NOIRE Complete
Total War Grandmaster Pack
Total War dlcs (Alexander + Total War Kingdoms)
Novalogic Complete Pack
Call of Duty Warchest
Castle Crashers
Dark Void Zero
Syberia 2
Call of Juarez
Luxor Collection
Silverfall Pack

Total: $90

Gods and Kings $7.50
Walking Dead $12.49
Hotline Miami $5.99
Mark of the Ninja $7.50
Crusader Kings II dynasty shields II $.49
Sniper Elite 2 dlc $2.48
Torchlihgt II $9.99
Batman AC GOTY $7.49

Total: $53.91

Also went and traded in 3 ps3 games for Gamestop and paid $10 for another $50 steam card. So now I have $60 in my steam wallet and I am ready. Winter is coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back