The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V5! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

This is a Wiki post. Please read this
We appreciate you helping keep this thread up to date. The sales change virtually every day so no one person has the time to update them all. If you notice a game is no longer on sale, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see a game is on sale, add it to the list. Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.
for instructions on updating the thread.

Steam Games and DLC on Sale - Updated 12/16

Daily Deal(s)

Midweek Madness Deal(s) Weekend Deal(s)

Other Deals

Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 9/23

Amazon
  • Amazon - Preorders

• Amazon - Current Deals

GamersGate

Greenman Gaming

Preorder Deals - Updated 10/28
Group Buys - Updated 8/14

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff - Updated 4/3

There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card.
The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Which retail CD Keys are accepted on Steam?

All retail Valve games and a number of third-party games can be registered to your Steam account. All of the following games can be registered through Steam:
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: ####-#####-####
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • AI War CD Keys in various formats
  • Aliens vs. Predator (2010 Release) CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Alpha Prime CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Audiosurf CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • BRINK CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is not accepted on Steam
  • Cities in Motion CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Civilization V CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Cricket Revolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys may also have been printed incorrectly, please see the Dark Messiah article
  • Darksiders CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: The number 2 and letter Z may look very similar.
  • Dawn of War II CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dawn of War II - Retribution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Defense Grid CD Keys in this format (Direct2Drive only): 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Duke Nukem Forever CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Empire: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-DDEFGH3-IJK4L-MNOPQ-RST56
  • F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • F.E.A.R. 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Fallout: New Vegas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2010 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2011 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Front Mission Evolved CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Global Agenda CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Keys purchased directly from the Global Agenda website cannot be registered on Steam.
  • GTI Racing CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • GTR Evolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Homefront CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Humble Indie Bundle in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 2 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 3 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Just Cause 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Please input all O's and 0's as Q's for Just Cause 2
  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Killing Floor CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Last Remnant CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lionheart: Kings' Crusade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Extreme Condition CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Colonies Edition CD Keys are not accepted on Steam
  • Mafia 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Magicka CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Metro 2033 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • MLB Front Office Manager CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: Warband CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • NBA 2K9 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Napoleon: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Order of War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Prey CD Keys in this format: AAB1BB2C345CDD6E E7
  • R.U.S.E. CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: R.U.S.E. keys from Ubisoft's Digital River service are not accepted on Steam
  • RACE - the WTCC Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • RACE 07 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ragdoll Kung Fu CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Railworks CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Red Orchestra CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Rogue Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • SiN Episodes: Emergence CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Saint's Row 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Serious Sam HD CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Shattered Horizon CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Ship CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ship Simulator Extremes CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Silent Hill Homecoming CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Space Trader CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Speedball 2 - Tournament in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Star Trek: D-A-C CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • STCC - The Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Super Meat Boy CD keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Supreme Commander 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Torchlight CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Note: Only keys purchased directly from Runic Games or Perfect World prior to May 19th, 2010 can be registered on Steam.
  • Total War: SHOGUN 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Unreal Tournament 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2-3FGH-456I-K8LM
  • Velvet Assassin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings in this format: AB-1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM
  • Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • X3: Terran Conflict CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Zeno Clash CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
Opposing Force CD-keys cannot be registered through Steam. Opposing Force was included in a retail Half-Life package. The Half-Life CD-key included in the package will unlock all of the games in that package, including Opposing Force.
Note: Only the retail games listed above can be registered through Steam. No other retail games can be registered and downloaded using Steam.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

The Ball (bought @D2D and tested by voken)
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon and tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='asheskitty']Mine is far less 1337, boasting 35 GOTY awards and "98% PC Gamer Mag". Those 3+ CD releases really annoyed me. I remember being seriously irritated at needing to install that Draconian Steam DRM.

I really should look into FOV tweaks for it. I never got far due to motion sickness (common for me in anything FPSish). Heck, I barely made it through Portal 1.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Steam pissed me off back then when I was on a 28.8 connection. Now I enter in all my Indie Gala 7 keys at once and go to the gym. 2 hours later come back and my 17gb download is complete. Thanks Steam, we're buddies again.

Edit: After looking around it seems that white disc came in my retail box of Condition Zero. I guess that makes more sense then a preview disc of a game coming with said game.

[quote name='zillionandnine']What the heck, in for the HiB bundle. Mostly just wanted Spirits, but I'm interested to see how Bit Trip Beat plays on a touch screen. Don't know much about SpaceChem but my friend said it can be crazy hard. Anyone agree? Idk if my friend is just dumb (or not naturally attuned to that type of puzzler) haha.[/QUOTE]

I'm probably the only person here that didn't like Space Chem, I also thought it was too hard and complicated.

I wasn't a fan of SpaceChem either; it reminded me too much of homework, which after 18 years of school is something that I don't look for in a game.

[quote name='Genocidal']I wasn't a fan of SpaceChem either; it reminded me too much of homework, which after 18 years of school is something that I don't look for in a game.[/QUOTE]
I felt pretty much the same way. But I'm mainly passing on this HiB because I tend to collect (and not play) Android games even worse than I am with Steam games. At least my Steam backlog catalog eventually sees play; my Android stuff I just convince myself that some day I'll be stranded in a hotel room or passenger train with a cow on the tracks and want thirty different tablet games to keep myself amused with.

[quote name='Syntax Error']I felt pretty much the same way. But I'm mainly passing on this HiB because I tend to collect (and not play) Android games even worse than I am with Steam games. At least my Steam backlog catalog eventually sees play; my Android stuff I just convince myself that some day I'll be stranded in a hotel room or passenger train with a cow on the tracks and want thirty different tablet games to keep myself amused with.[/QUOTE]

I want to believe.
believe.gif

SpaceChem has a couple of those WTF moments. It hurt my head in later levels. I would literally figure out a single level and walk away with a headache.

[quote name='asheskitty']#-o The next Command and Conquer entry goes pay-to-win free-to-play, ArsTechnica.

Apparently you can register for the beta. Frostbite 2 engine.

Trailer[/QUOTE]

That makes me not happy. I play rts games for the campaign and ai skirmish mode. I couldn't care less about the multiplayer, let alone pay to win multiplayer.

I am not on the free to play bandwagon because it turns $50-$60 games into $100+ games with no sales/price cuts at retail.

[quote name='Preedatore']That makes me not happy. I play rts games for the campaign and ai skirmish mode. I couldn't care less about the multiplayer, let alone pay to win multiplayer.

I am not on the free to play bandwagon because it turns $50-$60 games into $100+ games with no sales/price cuts at retail.[/QUOTE]

I am at the point that I don't feel like arguing the specifics of what free to play actually means and now consider anyone that believes it is pay to win an idiot.

Now I am not entirely a fan of free to play either, but still they are free to play. Maybe I am one of the odd ones here that play games purely for enjoyment and not for the sole purpose of somehow "winning" a game. Now do you plan on going pro? If not, then who cares? If you are then I can completely understand why one would care about winning.

But I guess what bothers me more is when apply "winning" to games that really can't be "won". Yes, something like Blacklight: Retribution, which I love playing without spending a dime, or even something like C&C were competition is the focal point free to play doesn't really seem to fit, unless it is done like League of Legends, which is surprisingly free and not play for 1000 hours free. But when people associate "winning" or "pay to win" to something like Lord of the Rings Online I am completely bewildered in how that even works.

But here I am arguing the points of free to play. I am just waiting for someone to bring up the 3 things and you can only choose 2 even though if you choose a certain two it makes not sense in any way.

EDIT: Also I am with you on the whole dislike of the multiplayer RTS. I play them either for singleplayer, vs friends, or custom maps. Which ultimately means I pretty much only buy Blizzard's games since nobody really offers custom maps like them.

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']SpaceChem has a couple of those WTF moments. It hurt my head in later levels. I would literally figure out a single level and walk away with a headache.[/QUOTE]

There's one level I'm on (An Unusual(?) Headache) that I can NOT get past. VERY frustrating. But otherwise I absolutely love the game.

[quote name='Kaltic']EDIT: Also I am with you on the whole dislike of the multiplayer RTS. I play them either for singleplayer, vs friends, or custom maps. Which ultimately means I pretty much only buy Blizzard's games since nobody really offers custom maps like them.[/QUOTE]

I'm not a big fan of F2P because:

1. Most of the F2P games I've played have not been fun
2. Most of them feel like stripped down versions of other games
3. If I enjoy the game I'd like some assurance it won't be removed from my library unwillingly when it (inevitably) shuts down
4. I hate being nickel and dimed
5. I'm fearful of some of my favorite games being turned into F2P. In which case, see points 1-4

[quote name='Kaltic']I am at the point that I don't feel like arguing the specifics of what free to play actually means and now consider anyone that believes it is pay to win an idiot.

Now I am not entirely a fan of free to play either, but still they are free to play. Maybe I am one of the odd ones here that play games purely for enjoyment and not for the sole purpose of somehow "winning" a game. Now do you plan on going pro? If not, then who cares? If you are then I can completely understand why one would care about winning.

But I guess what bothers me more is when apply "winning" to games that really can't be "won". Yes, something like Blacklight: Retribution, which I love playing without spending a dime, or even something like C&C were competition is the focal point free to play doesn't really seem to fit, unless it is done like League of Legends, which is surprisingly free and not play for 1000 hours free. But when people associate "winning" or "pay to win" to something like Lord of the Rings Online I am completely bewildered in how that even works.

But here I am arguing the points of free to play. I am just waiting for someone to bring up the 3 things and you can only choose 2 even though if you choose a certain two it makes not sense in any way.

EDIT: Also I am with you on the whole dislike of the multiplayer RTS. I play them either for singleplayer, vs friends, or custom maps. Which ultimately means I pretty much only buy Blizzard's games since nobody really offers custom maps like them.[/QUOTE]

Do I think CnC is going pay to win? No. Do pay to win games exist? Yes. You can't genaralize all free to play games together as there are many different variations. Calling people idiots for the mere acknowledement that pay to win exists is just rude and uncalled for. Playing professionally has nothing to do with this conversation. Anyone that was planning on going "pro" in some game would surely purchase any game-changing advantage they could anyway.

There are several f2p games that are fully enjoyable without spending a dime and that's a good thing. But when major devs or publishers start talking about moving to f2p models we should start to get a little worried. Those guys are in it for the $$$$$, and not just a little bit of it, they want to go Scrooge McDuck on our asses.

Of course, most devs and pubs will not go this route, and for the most part our gaming habits will be unchanged. Maybe even these f2p ventures from the big boys will provide an enthralling experience that matches full retail games. I hope they do and I'd be more than happy to eat my words, especially the Scrooge McDuck part. Mmmmm, duck.

[quote name='Motoki']A new King's Bounty game has been announced. There will be vikings. Sounds like it may be Steamworks too.

http://www.kingsbountygame.com/game/features[/QUOTE]

Excellent news :)

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Odd that you got a 6th Disc. Mine came with 5 discs, and had the 98% PC Gamer Mag but no other awards on the thing. I don't know how many copies did but mine had Counterstrike Source on it too.

Sad part is it's been over 7 years since I bought that. How time flies :lol:.[/QUOTE]

I bought the CE edition of HL2 and it came on a DVD. :)

[quote name='hal']I'm not a big fan of F2P because:

1. Most of the F2P games I've played have not been fun
2. Most of them feel like stripped down versions of other games
3. If I enjoy the game I'd like some assurance it won't be removed from my library unwillingly when it (inevitably) shuts down
4. I hate being nickel and dimed
5. I'm fearful of some of my favorite games being turned into F2P. In which case, see points 1-4[/QUOTE]

I agree with all these points. I also feel like it's somewhat of a fad where the bubble may well burst and that just because something works for one game does not mean it will work for every game on the planet.

Publishers don't seem to get this or care though. They just see one or a few games make a lot of money and there's a mad rush to copy it even if that means hammering a square peg into a round hole.

[quote name='Motoki']I agree with all these points. I also feel like it's somewhat of a fad where the bubble may well burst and that just because something works for one game does not mean it will work for every game on the planet.

Publishers don't seem to get this or care though. They just see one or a few games make a lot of money and there's a mad rush to copy it even if that means hammering a square peg into a round hole.[/QUOTE]
The only two F2P games I do like is TF2 and League of Legends. Both of them because I don't need to spend a penny to get the full experience. You can unlock most of the non cosmetic items through just playing the game.

Just cracked open Sam and Max. I must admit, this is my first telltale experience on PC (Only other telltale game I played was Episode 1 of Strong Bad for Wii), and I really enjoyed it. I like this 2-3 hour game chunks I can finish in a day or two. Plus Sam and Max has great humor. I need to thank my GF for pretty much forcing me to buy it by telling me I should a few times, lol.

Okay playing Nancy the Happy Whore via Steam link generated a lot of IMs as soon as I booted it up. :lol:

The game itself is not bad. Like I told someone in chat, she's sort of like a female Leisure Suit Larry who works hard for her money.

I've won my first SteamGifts giveaway and am now the proud owner of DOOM RAILS.

Thank you, Motoki, for your utterly mad giveaways. I will think of you as I ride...TO MY DOOM!

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Just cracked open Sam and Max. I must admit, this is my first telltale experience on PC (Only other telltale game I played was Episode 1 of Strong Bad for Wii), and I really enjoyed it. I like this 2-3 hour game chunks I can finish in a day or two. Plus Sam and Max has great humor. I need to thank my GF for pretty much forcing me to buy it by telling me I should a few times, lol.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of Telltale games, I have to jump in and voice a strong recommendation for The Walking Dead. It's the most intense and visceral gaming experience I've had this year, and the writing is very good. The (tedious and frustrating) TV series pales in comparison; definitely don't let it dissuade you from trying this game.

[quote name='Motoki']Okay playing Nancy the Happy Whore via Steam link generated a lot of IMs as soon as I booted it up. :lol:[/QUOTE]

/cackles That makes me wonder what sort of shenanigans one could pull with renamed shortcuts or binaries.

[quote name='Motoki']Okay playing Nancy the Happy Whore via Steam link generated a lot of IMs as soon as I booted it up. :lol:

The game itself is not bad. Like I told someone in chat, she's sort of like a female Leisure Suit Larry who works hard for her money.[/QUOTE]

I managed to resist the urge to ask you why Nancy is so happy. :)

Edit: [quote name='KaOTiK']Off topic, but as weird as these threads have been getting lately, why not?

Been watching this video nearly everyday since it came out.
[/QUOTE]

My life just changed. I don't know if it's for better or for worse, but it's definitely different.

[quote name='Motoki']Okay playing Nancy the Happy Whore via Steam link generated a lot of IMs as soon as I booted it up. :lol:

The game itself is not bad. Like I told someone in chat, she's sort of like a female Leisure Suit Larry who works hard for her money.[/QUOTE]

So how is the Summerbatch? I hadn't heard of this bundle before, some of the game look interesting though.

[quote name='asheskitty']/cackles That makes me wonder what sort of shenanigans one could pull with renamed shortcuts or binaries.

[/QUOTE]

I'm ashamed to admit that I've pondered creating a link in Steam titled "with his junk."

[quote name='asheskitty']/cackles That makes me wonder what sort of shenanigans one could pull with renamed shortcuts or binaries.

[/QUOTE]

I would totally buy that too if it were a real game.

[quote name='krevee']So how is the Summerbatch? I hadn't heard of this bundle before, some of the game look interesting though.[/QUOTE]

I've only tried Nancy so far but it's decent along the lines of an old Sierra or Lucas game though much smaller in scope. The minimum on Summerbatch is pretty low so there's not much risk if you like adventure games and think you would actually get around to playing it, of course. ;)

I just played Piss for a bit. Have to admit the story arch so far is much more intriguing than I expected. Voice acting would be nice, but then again voice acting can be horrible so this ain't bad at all.

[quote name='Motoki']The game itself is not bad. Like I told someone in chat, she's sort of like a female Leisure Suit Larry who works hard for her money.[/QUOTE]

8339_original_YesJackNicholson.gif

[quote name='krevee']So how is the Summerbatch? I hadn't heard of this bundle before, some of the game look interesting though.[/QUOTE]
I assume there is not gonna be a Fallbatch. :lol:
Days on sale: 5
Began: Sat Aug 11 2012 1200GMT
Ends: Sun Nov 11 2012 1800GMT

hmmm 3 months to decide on this one.
Nancy the happy whore does sound like a family friendly gem. :eek:

Wow can't believe we are already up to Thread V5, I remember back when the first steam thread was started. Before the steam thread it was chaos of having 3 threads for each MWM or WD.

Givin how popular this thread is, I hope that one day we can get a steam rep, similar to Tony from Amazon DVG.

After more playing around I was still unable to get my Steam AGS games to play well with my current Android combo of game, app, and hardware. However, I'm an idiot and forget that most of these are from indie bundles. My DRM-free copies of Gemini Rue, The Blackwell Trilogy, and Resonance all work fine.

[quote name='Motoki']I've only tried Nancy so far but it's decent along the lines of an old Sierra or Lucas game though much smaller in scope. The minimum on Summerbatch is pretty low so there's not much risk if you like adventure games and think you would actually get around to playing it, of course. ;)[/QUOTE]

True, I have quite the library of indie games growing. So we'll see how many I actually get to playing.

I take it these games don't work on steam?

[quote name='lito88']I take it these games don't work on steam?[/QUOTE]
Don't "work"? They're DRM free, not Steam. You can add them to Steam as non-Steam games though.

[quote name='pantsattack']Totally. I'm passing because I just DLed u-play for dollar games this week, and I only add one digital game distributor a season. Or something like that.

Once someone gets Nancy and her bundle friends working on Android I'd like to hear about it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up.

OP is now Wikified. Sorry about the oversight. Also, let's go easy with the joke tags. I'd rather actual useful tags to aid with searches.

[quote name='eastx']OP is now Wikified. Sorry about the oversight. Also, let's go easy with the joke tags. I'd rather actual useful tags to aid with searches.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry the mods will storm in here and put us in our place if we abuse the tags.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Because we all know this thread actually needs tags to be found. :D[/QUOTE]

Tags are a big help with internet search results and also steering new forum users to the right place. As they're important in my actual jobs, I see how they can be useful even to this uber-popular thread. :)

[quote name='pantsattack']I wish he was saying "Gundam Style."[/QUOTE]

Just what I thought at first. The GF heard condom though.

[quote name='eastx']Tags are a big help with internet search results and also steering new forum users to the right place. As they're important in my actual jobs, I see how they can be useful even to this uber-popular thread. :)[/QUOTE]

Hey eastx, I used co-optimus a bunch looking for couch multiplayer games during the summer sale. Good looking out.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I don't care if they are not on steam, I have to own games called "Nancy The Happy Whore""[/QUOTE]
I cannot own this fast enough!

EDIT: Is it bad that I checked RetailMeNot as soon as I saw the option for a discount code even though I was doing the min purchase?

[quote name='Motoki'][quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Edit:
Update, after installing they all seem to be AGS games. Is that a good or bad thing? I think Nancy the Happy Whore and the Perfidious Petrol Station (Yes, that is the full name) is the only one that didn't mention AGS in the manual, but I assume that was an oversight.[/QUOTE]Well the AGS engine is fairly flexible and it's been ported to Linux. There's also mobile versions of it for Android and (jailbroken) iOS, because you know that Nancy really needs to get around.[/QUOTE]
Don't forget PSP!

[quote name='Preedatore']Yeah. Steam pissed me off back then when I was on a 28.8 connection. Now I enter in all my Indie Gala 7 keys at once and go to the gym. 2 hours later come back and my 17gb download is complete. Thanks Steam, we're buddies again.[/QUOTE]
I was half-way done researching and typing a good few paragraphs on why I think you are bsing having had a 28.8 connection at the time you describe for leet cred; but then I just figured it wasn't worth it. So ya, I don't buy what you are saying. On the other hand, if you had 28.8 at the time, I am truely sorry for your loss. I was lucky to get 56k early on; but had it till about 2004/2005...now if you told me you had 56k around the time I'd believe it.

My girl needs help with getting achievements in Magical Diary, any suggestions on where to look? Said on global that stats are low on some of them on who has unlocked them and not any where to look to find help on them.

[quote name='pantsattack']Hey eastx, I used co-optimus a bunch looking for couch multiplayer games during the summer sale. Good looking out.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man! That's always nice to hear. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back