The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V5! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

This is a Wiki post. Please read this
We appreciate you helping keep this thread up to date. The sales change virtually every day so no one person has the time to update them all. If you notice a game is no longer on sale, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see a game is on sale, add it to the list. Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.
for instructions on updating the thread.

Steam Games and DLC on Sale - Updated 12/16

Daily Deal(s)

Midweek Madness Deal(s) Weekend Deal(s)

Other Deals

Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 9/23

Amazon
  • Amazon - Preorders

• Amazon - Current Deals

GamersGate

Greenman Gaming

Preorder Deals - Updated 10/28
Group Buys - Updated 8/14

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff - Updated 4/3

There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card.
The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Which retail CD Keys are accepted on Steam?

All retail Valve games and a number of third-party games can be registered to your Steam account. All of the following games can be registered through Steam:
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: ####-#####-####
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • AI War CD Keys in various formats
  • Aliens vs. Predator (2010 Release) CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Alpha Prime CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Audiosurf CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • BRINK CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is not accepted on Steam
  • Cities in Motion CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Civilization V CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Cricket Revolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys may also have been printed incorrectly, please see the Dark Messiah article
  • Darksiders CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: The number 2 and letter Z may look very similar.
  • Dawn of War II CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dawn of War II - Retribution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Defense Grid CD Keys in this format (Direct2Drive only): 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Duke Nukem Forever CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Empire: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-DDEFGH3-IJK4L-MNOPQ-RST56
  • F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • F.E.A.R. 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Fallout: New Vegas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2010 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2011 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Front Mission Evolved CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Global Agenda CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Keys purchased directly from the Global Agenda website cannot be registered on Steam.
  • GTI Racing CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • GTR Evolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Homefront CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Humble Indie Bundle in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 2 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 3 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Just Cause 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Please input all O's and 0's as Q's for Just Cause 2
  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Killing Floor CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Last Remnant CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lionheart: Kings' Crusade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Extreme Condition CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Colonies Edition CD Keys are not accepted on Steam
  • Mafia 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Magicka CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Metro 2033 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • MLB Front Office Manager CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: Warband CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • NBA 2K9 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Napoleon: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Order of War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Prey CD Keys in this format: AAB1BB2C345CDD6E E7
  • R.U.S.E. CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: R.U.S.E. keys from Ubisoft's Digital River service are not accepted on Steam
  • RACE - the WTCC Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • RACE 07 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ragdoll Kung Fu CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Railworks CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Red Orchestra CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Rogue Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • SiN Episodes: Emergence CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Saint's Row 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Serious Sam HD CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Shattered Horizon CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Ship CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ship Simulator Extremes CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Silent Hill Homecoming CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Space Trader CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Speedball 2 - Tournament in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Star Trek: D-A-C CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • STCC - The Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Super Meat Boy CD keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Supreme Commander 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Torchlight CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Note: Only keys purchased directly from Runic Games or Perfect World prior to May 19th, 2010 can be registered on Steam.
  • Total War: SHOGUN 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Unreal Tournament 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2-3FGH-456I-K8LM
  • Velvet Assassin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings in this format: AB-1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM
  • Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • X3: Terran Conflict CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Zeno Clash CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
Opposing Force CD-keys cannot be registered through Steam. Opposing Force was included in a retail Half-Life package. The Half-Life CD-key included in the package will unlock all of the games in that package, including Opposing Force.
Note: Only the retail games listed above can be registered through Steam. No other retail games can be registered and downloaded using Steam.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

The Ball (bought @D2D and tested by voken)
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon and tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I just came here looking for deals and instead I discovered a soap opera. What does any of this have to do with anything? Truly, I'm curious.

[quote name='BNoyes']I just came here looking for deals and instead I discovered a soap opera. What does any of this have to do with anything? Truly, I'm curious.[/QUOTE]

People voicing their opinions + others disagree = Days of our lives²

[quote name='Blade']Motoki, I understand what you're saying, but you're omitting something important: this is the internet. There will always be people you don't like on the internet, as there are in real life. Every douchebag and asshole is free to spout his or her own self-satisfying tripe, regardless of how trivial or accurate it may be. There is no avoiding this in life; the burden lies on you to develop ways to handle these situations maturely. Let me just say that the answer is not drama.

You have friends here, and you shouldn't abandon them just because of him. The "ignore" feature is much more enjoyable than you may think. As for BSB, he is his own person, and he believes we should all get along. This is only an internet forum, after all. He isn't calling your house and setting fire to your relatives.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about you but BSB lit my grandma on fire. What a smell too, Stunk of mothballs and sticky buns.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']I don't know about you but BSB lit my grandma on fire. What a smell too, Stunk of mothballs and sticky buns.[/QUOTE]
Well, she could have been asking for it. I think we need to see Spoony's side of the picture before we can conclude whether the grandma lighting was reasonable or not.

[quote name='BNoyes']I just came here looking for deals and instead I discovered a soap opera. What does any of this have to do with anything? Truly, I'm curious.[/QUOTE]

People being fussy that other people are rude...

On the whole subject, I have really only seem most people argue with Motoki. Nothing against anyone involved, but when multiple people leave or quit and Motoki is always involved it tends to leave suspicion.

Perhaps I just do not have strong enough feelings toward anything to feel upset because of what someone else says and then ultimately argue with them. So I could just not understand, but I quite frankly find it quite easy to simply ignore people.

[quote name='Motoki']
Now I have to go try and figure out if there's a way to delete my CAG account. For most of you except for Idiotekque and BigSpoonyBard I've enjoyed interacting with you. I apologize for posting this here but my post at the group was censored by the always fair BigSpoonyBard.[/QUOTE]

seriously? why not ignore them? theres a ton of idiots here, some with the title right there in the name, others not so much. just ignore and move on.

90210.jpg

[quote name='Motoki']Now I have to go try and figure out if there's a way to delete my CAG account.[/QUOTE]

I hate to see anyone go that has something to contribute. I appreciate your input on those hard to find gems like CQ.

[quote name='Preedatore']Incoming on SG

http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/eUW3z/clones[/QUOTE]

This is a nice little game. I love Lemmings and it's a close cousin.

I'm sorry to hear about the Motoki/BigSpoonyBard feud. I hate unnecessary drama, so I'm going to make this quick.

I think, beyond the relationships, you both uphold what a CAG should be: Polite and adult. I've seen the general sentiment of the group dwindle as more and more rude types have flooded in, and I think the veterans are essential to setting a civil example. (Think simply about how the generosity of the Steam thread sparked additional giving and goodwill.) It's a responsibility, and it's one that cannot be done by a few well-meaning CAG's.

I think the CAG's here would lose more than a frequent poster or two - The board would lose real contributors.

Ugh! I want this Game of Thrones bundle because I love ASOIAF but I know these are both subpar games (more so in the case of Genesis). I wish this was down around the $10-15 range for both. $25 is a little too much to pay for some guilty pleasures.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']I'm sorry to hear about the Motoki/BigSpoonyBard feud. I hate unnecessary drama, so I'm going to make this quick.

I think, beyond the relationships, you both uphold what a CAG should be: Polite and adult. I've seen the general sentiment of the group dwindle as more and more rude types have flooded in, and I think the veterans are essential to setting a civil example. (Think simply about how the generosity of the Steam thread sparked additional giving and goodwill.) It's a responsibility, and it's one that cannot be done by a few well-meaning CAG's.

I think the CAG's here would lose more than a frequent poster or two - The board would lose real contributors.[/QUOTE]

Well said! I really hope you will reconsider Motoki.

[quote name='Motoki']Since BigSpoonyBard wasted no time deleting me and my final post in the group to get rid of all the evidence (what happened to fair now?) I am going to post here.

I left the group to be away from Idiotekque. He's rude, disrespectful and argumentative for the sake of arguing. BigSpoonyBard wanted him in to the group to be 'fair'. I said I didn't want to be around him that was that and I left.

Then he begged me to come back because he booted Idiotekque from the group for taking advantage of giveaways or some such. He said give us another chance and they really wanted me back so I said fine.

Now apparently Idiotekque and a couple of others are making a fuss to get him back in so BigSpoonyBard wanted me to give home another chance. I've given him plenty of chances. I'm done. I told him that and got myself and my final comment in the group INSTANTLY deleted by the always concerned with being fair BigSpoonyBard.

I don't like talking about this but I'm going to say it now because quite frankly I am furious. I have given away over $200 worth of games to CAGers. As far as I know, Idiotekque has given none.

He's a rude disrespectful arrogant child and I don't want to be around him period. I've given him plenty of chances and he aways ends up coming back to that rude, disrespectful, argumentative behavior again and again. I wanted the group to be a friendly place and a refuge. As usual Idiotekque gets his way and the final say yet again.

Now I have to go try and figure out if there's a way to delete my CAG account. For most of you except for Idiotekque and BigSpoonyBard I've enjoyed interacting with you. I apologize for posting this here but my post at the group was censored by the always fair BigSpoonyBard.[/QUOTE]

Motoki, as much as I understand why you want to leave, I hope you can reconsider your decision. The group is growing but inevitably there will be a increase in numbers of rude and immature posters as well. It will be a real loss to the CAG community to lose a top contributor like you.

I've been a lurker much longer than I have been a poster and I would be sad to see you go Motoki. You are one of the people that makes this more than just a list of deals, but an amusing community.

Slightly more on topic, the Indie Gala released their last bonus games today: They are two racing games, SBK 2010 and WRC 2010 , both are DRM-free.

[quote name='Motoki']Since BigSpoonyBard wasted no time deleting me and my final post in the group to get rid of all the evidence (what happened to fair now?) I am going to post here.

I left the group to be away from Idiotekque. He's rude, disrespectful and argumentative for the sake of arguing. BigSpoonyBard wanted him in to the group to be 'fair'. I said I didn't want to be around him that was that and I left.

Then he begged me to come back because he booted Idiotekque from the group for taking advantage of giveaways or some such. He said give us another chance and they really wanted me back so I said fine.

Now apparently Idiotekque and a couple of others are making a fuss to get him back in so BigSpoonyBard wanted me to give home another chance. I've given him plenty of chances. I'm done. I told him that and got myself and my final comment in the group INSTANTLY deleted by the always concerned with being fair BigSpoonyBard.

I don't like talking about this but I'm going to say it now because quite frankly I am furious. I have given away over $200 worth of games to CAGers. As far as I know, Idiotekque has given none.

He's a rude disrespectful arrogant child and I don't want to be around him period. I've given him plenty of chances and he aways ends up coming back to that rude, disrespectful, argumentative behavior again and again. I wanted the group to be a friendly place and a refuge. As usual Idiotekque gets his way and the final say yet again.

I'm sorry you hate me so much, and I'm sorry that we couldn't work things out. I've felt sick for awhile knowing how much you hate me, and that's why I spent over 2 hours writing that long post to you awhile back. I'm sorry for ever offending you and getting on your nerves, and I've never had anything against you.

Obviously you aren't interested in resolving things though, and that's your choice. There's nothing more I can say about that.

I have given away of number of things in the group though... Not as much as you; I'm a dumb kid, remember? Dumb kids don't have a whole lot of money to throw around and give stuff away.

[quote name='paz9x']seriously? why not ignore them? theres a ton of idiots here, some with the title right there in the name, others not so much. just ignore and move on.[/QUOTE]
And this guy has got the right idea. Hopefully you can take his advice and just ignore me. I'm one random amongst many.

[quote name='iSerra']Motoki, as much as I understand why you want to leave, I hope you can reconsider your decision. The group is growing but inevitably there will be a increase in numbers of rude and immature posters as well. It will be a real loss to the CAG community to lose a top contributor like you.[/QUOTE]

I

man, you miss a few days and the whole world goes to hell!

motoki, if you do in fact leave, i'm going to pour a 40 of coconut milk out on the curb for you. you will be missed, you magnificent bastard.

Whoa, I'm with houdinilogic. Been going for a week and shit's hit the fan.

I love Motoki, though. Like, with 3x hearts and all.

That's where my vote is.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Whoa, I'm with houdinilogic. Been going for a week and shit's hit the fan.

I love Motoki, though. Like, with 3x hearts and all.

That's where my vote is.[/QUOTE]

Siding with Motoki against Idiotekque is a pretty easy thing to do.

A rift between Motoki & BSB though, that's not so easy to pick sides. Both of them would be on a top 10 list of my favorite posters here if I were to bother making such a list.

I hate to be one of those "I told you so guys",
actually, I don't hate it. I love it, :p
but this is exactly the sort of thing that made me avoid joining the group in the first place. These sort of battles always pop up when a group breaks away from main group. Though I confess, I wasn't expecting the rift to blow up between the two administrators.

Greenlight is about to get a bit more manageable to browse. They're instituting a $100 fee to list a game and instead of throwing the entire list at you will, they'll show you a smaller mix of popular and new games.

The fee won't be profit, they are donating that money to charity. $100 is a bit much, but if you can't throw $100 down to try and get your game listed it probably isn't something that's going to have much of a shot. I'm not sure how much different it would be at $50 though. I'm sure a small dev in a developing country who is working without pay until the game releases will feel it a lot more, too.

announcement

Good change. $100 is more than affordable to anyone who seriously wants to pitch their game on Steam. And if they don't have it... they can do a Kickstarter.

Hey, so I've got 3 games on my Steam account...

I'm going to be getting a new PC with a new HDD, so can I redownload/install my Steam games again? Thanks.

[quote name='jatan11t']I lasted a couple more hours than you. Got to the horrendous rc helicopter mission and called it quits.[/QUOTE]
I fucking hated that mission with a passion.

[quote name='louiedog']That's a real bummer, Motoki. Your absence is a loss. I just hope all of this beef isn't to drum up interest because you both have albums dropping today.[/QUOTE]
What albums?

I feel like my dog just died after being run through a wood chipper and sold as Korean cuisine.
[quote name='Drabelincoln']Hrmmmmm I was wondering what happened to you....it doesn't feel right being in the group without the main queen being there ;)

Don't delete your CAG account either, if I remember we initially didn't get off on the right foot but after rubbing out coconuts together all was well :)[/QUOTE]
When I think of Coconut Queen, I always remember who I consider a good friend, Motoki, one of the most generous people I've had the pleasure of meeting.

soap-opera-dash.jpg

[quote name='houdinilogic']man, you miss a few days and the whole world goes to hell!

motoki, if you do in fact leave, i'm going to pour a 40 of coconut milk out on the curb for you. you will be missed, you magnificent bastard.[/QUOTE]
eloquently said. :cry:

[quote name='louiedog']Greenlight is about to get a bit more manageable to browse. They're instituting a $100 fee to list a game and instead of throwing the entire list at you will, they'll show you a smaller mix of popular and new games.

The fee won't be profit, they are donating that money to charity. $100 is a bit much, but if you can't throw $100 down to try and get your game listed it probably isn't something that's going to have much of a shot. I'm not sure how much different it would be at $50 though. I'm sure a small dev in a developing country who is working without pay until the game releases will feel it a lot more, too.

announcement[/QUOTE]
They also changed the voting to be Yes/No thanks, not interested instead of up/down votes.

[quote name='louiedog']Greenlight is about to get a bit more manageable to browse. They're instituting a $100 fee to list a game and instead of throwing the entire list at you will, they'll show you a smaller mix of popular and new games.

announcement[/QUOTE]

Excellent change, hopefully this will be enough to stop people from posting other peoples games.

I wish there was some requirement as far as having a working product/beta/alpha to submit prior to entering greenlight.

For example, the Presidency game hasn't even settled on an engine to use and just started a kickstarter campaign for the game. What use is saying "I would buy this on Steam" if there is nothing for to buy and there never might be?

There should be at least a workable build out there and really the games should be funded or realistically close to the end of the development cycle. Seems like right now there are too many "we want to make this game and eventually we want it to be on Steam if we do make it!"

And I do get that if a game is "greenlit" then people might be more likely to kickstart it because it will have a Steam key, but I also feel greenlight shouldn't become a kickstarter cousin.

[quote name='sunasun']
I feel like my dog just died after being run through a wood chipper and sold as Korean cuisine.
[/QUOTE]

There were some comedy nuggets here in response to the Queens drama; this, however, is fairly ignorant.

In regards to the Greenlight changes: great. Less chaff, more filling.

I feel super-late to the game but I just wanted to say that even though I don't post a lot on this thread, I always like to skim through. Motoki, I really enjoy your posts because they are about ridiculous games and you somehow make them sound like a ton of fun. I hope you reconsider all of this and stay as a CAG.

Completely separate: Greenlight has already gotten way better. Hopefully we see a little more streamlining in the scrolling process, but so far so good.

[quote name='dfg']There were some comedy nuggets here in response to the Queens drama; this, however, is fairly ignorant.
[/QUOTE]
Exaggeration for effect, sorry if you found it offensive or ignorant.
Maybe this will make you feel better.
558_machine-gun-cat1.gif

[quote name='sunasun']Exaggeration for effect, sorry if you found it offensive or ignorant.
Maybe this will make you feel better.
[/QUOTE]

I read an article on yahoo awhile back on how dogstealing was a big problem because dog meat sells very well per pound so guys run around on scooters stealing pets to sell and how some of them were getting beat or beating people violently over the dog meat. So technically it is ignorant but not entirely untrue.

[quote name='dfg']Well, now you've just pissed off Fox. Myself, I prefer GettodaChoppa baby, but no worries.

edit: Fack, ninja'd. Dog meat represents Korean cuisine about as well as Rocky Mountain Oysters represent American. Just sayin'.[/QUOTE]
lol, but have you been to Korea?
[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I read an article on yahoo awhile back on how dogstealing was a big problem because dog meat sells very well per pound so guys run around on scooters stealing pets to sell and how some of them were getting beat or beating people violently over the dog meat. So technically it is ignorant but not entirely untrue.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, they sell a 3 ounce portion for 20 USD 35000 Won. Huge markup and a valued commodity in Korea.

[quote name='sunasun']lol, but have you been to Korea?

Yeah, they sell a 3 ounce portion for 20 USD 35000 Won. Huge markup and a valued commodity in Korea.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I have, and no I didn't see any on the menu. It's been a while though. I haven't had any luck finding it in any of the Korean joints here in Chicago either. Can you recommend one?

Wow, a huge markup on an illicit substance procured to slake a predominantly male degenerate appetite. That's unheard of in civilized societies.

I wish I could say this isn't a conversation I've had in various internet communities, but I can't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone who is poor as fuck would eat dog meat. Korean health inspectors visited various slaughterhouses around the US in June of this year to determine if they should import US meat products, and none of them passed inspection. Korean health and safety regulations are stricter for slaughterhouses, which is sad.

[quote name='dfg']Yes, I have, and no I didn't see any on the menu. It's been a while though. I haven't had any luck finding it in any of the Korean joints here in Chicago too. Can you recommend one?

Wow, a huge markup on an illicit substance procured to slake a predominantly male degenerate appetite. That's unheard of in civilized societies.

I wish I could say this isn't a conversation I've had on various internet communities, but I can't.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, back when I was in college, some friends and I went to a little hole in the wall outside of Seoul and were told we were eating dog meat. It had no taste but was fatty and greasy and kind of just dissolved in your mouth. I haven't been to Chicago since I was a kid tagging along with my Grandfather when he was registering for his liquor license. And I agree we eat some weird shit here in the states, aligator eggs for one and the aforementioned goat testicles. What's the record for most people regurgitating simultaneously? We might be able to beat it.

Thanks everyone for putting up with my random blurbs.

Oh, and I want to apologize to the guy that asked what the Labor Day sale would be. I misinformed him it would be Hydrophobia Prophecy.

[quote name='Idiotekque']EDIT: Eh, what's the use.[/QUOTE]

Dont know what you said (nor do I really care) but I am happy you did not leave another fucking essay like you did a few weeks back. Though, I do enjoy motoki's posts more than yours, but he also left some essays back then. Plus, I am a newb so I really have no qualms against either of you guys so far. IMO, back then at least (dont know what this "group" is that motoki is talking about leaving), Idiotekque was the one dragging on the debate. Still, the fact that Motoki was responding made him a culprit also. I have only been following these forum since mid-June but I have literally checked it multiple times a day since I found this forum. It would be a shame to see Motoki go as I always enjoyed his posts. I really hope you are reading all the support you are getting and decide to contribute again. Just delete the people you dont wish to read what they have to say. Also, Motoki, you said Idiotekque does not gift on these forums at all, while that may be true (and I know you have gifted quite a bit based on the comments people leave you saying "thanks for CC"), this is the internet, you cant expect everyone to be made of money and gift games left and right. One thing that does annoy me is that Idiotekque is selling Kaptain Brawe quite obviously in every post he is making for 3 bucks. That key was in groupees be mine 4 for people that only paid a dollar. I gave that key away for free in the groupees thread. No need to make money off the great community that is CAG. That and Idiotekque is a self proclaimed dumb person, no disrespect to him, I am too. I just dont publicly advertise it in multiple posts.

tl/dr Motoki, you need to come back and keep making great posts. Idiotekque, keep making good posts, but no need for the overly long/ defensive ones and please dont try to make money off of us CAG's.

EDIT: hilarious that this thread went from a soap opera to eating dog meat convo. I love CAG. less than three.

[quote name='SqueeMK2']What the fuck is going on in this thread? This is what happens when console gamers get PCs I wager.[/QUOTE]

Console gamers are more likely to have well-worded, reasonably thought out discussions on topics that are important to them? I'm not sure I follow your logic here.

(It's a Hydrophobia deal day. Just ride it out.)

[quote name='golfer']Dont know what you said (nor do I really care) but I am happy you did not leave another fucking essay like you did a few weeks back. Though, I do enjoy motoki's posts more than yours, but he also left some essays back then. Plus, I am a newb so I really have no qualms against either of you guys so far. IMO, back then at least (dont know what this "group" is that motoki is talking about leaving), Idiotekque was the one dragging on the debate. Still, the fact that Motoki was responding made him a culprit also. I have only been following these forum since mid-June but I have literally checked it multiple times a day since I found this forum. It would be a shame to see Motoki go as I always enjoyed his posts. I really hope you are reading all the support you are getting and decide to contribute again. Just delete the people you dont wish to read what they have to say. Also, Motoki, you said Idiotekque does not gift on these forums at all, while that may be true (and I know you have gifted quite a bit based on the comments people leave you saying "thanks for CC"), this is the internet, you cant expect everyone to be made of money and gift games left and right. One thing that does annoy me is that Idiotekque is selling Kaptain Brawe quite obviously in every post he is making for 3 bucks. That key was in groupees be mine 4 for people that only paid a dollar. I gave that key away for free in the groupees thread. No need to make money off the great community that is CAG. That and Idiotekque is a self proclaimed dumb person, no disrespect to him, I am too. I just dont publicly advertise it in multiple posts.

tl/dr Motoki, you need to come back and keep making great posts. Idiotekque, keep making good posts, but no need for the overly long/ defensive ones and please dont try to make money off of us CAG's.[/QUOTE]
I appreciate your comments. It is true that I did "drag on" that conversation with Motoki awhile back with the "essay" post, but that was a concerted attempt to level with Motoki, apologize for certain things, and generally try to make peace with him. I realize long posts like that can be annoying though, and I would have kept it private between Motoki and I, but he had me on ignore. I also put the lengthy bits in spoiler tags after someone gave me the idea.

As for selling keys, a lot of people do it. Note that I'm not posting those advertisements though, they're just in my forum signature. I'm in a difficult spot and I don't have a steady job, so I do sell extra keys that I don't need that I get from various places (like bundles). That's the only way I can usually afford to buy games for myself... I'm sorry if it offends you and seems as if I'm trying to take advantage of the community, profiting off them, etc. I try to keep my prices reasonable, but I do understand what you're saying.

That said, I've bought keys from past bundles from people myself, and paid more than it cost them. I don't see it as them taking advantage of me, or my taking advantage of someone else. I actually appreciate the opportunity to buy bundles that I missed in the past. For example, a lot of people just got a Dirt Showdown key for free. I missed that, and I'd happily buy one for a reasonable price from someone who did get one. Again, I understand what you're saying though, and I'm sorry if it offends you.

[quote name='DPsycho'](It's a Hydrophobia deal day. Just ride it out.)[/QUOTE]

Hey, those Game of Thrones games are on sale too. I even heard the RPG wasn't entirely terrible. Been lurking Jakenome's trade thread to see if he puts it on there for cheaper, not sure I wanna cough up $24 for the pair of 'em. If he managed to do $10 due to Russian pricing I'd be all over it.

So the Green Light Bundle ends Friday. I already own Dino Run SE on Desura, and Syder Arcade is the only other one that seemed interesting to me. They've sold 2000 bundles.

Anyone here buy in? Can anyone sell me on this, or should I go back to forgetting it was running?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back