The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V5! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

This is a Wiki post. Please read this
We appreciate you helping keep this thread up to date. The sales change virtually every day so no one person has the time to update them all. If you notice a game is no longer on sale, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see a game is on sale, add it to the list. Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.
for instructions on updating the thread.

Steam Games and DLC on Sale - Updated 12/16

Daily Deal(s)

Midweek Madness Deal(s) Weekend Deal(s)

Other Deals

Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 9/23

Amazon
  • Amazon - Preorders

• Amazon - Current Deals

GamersGate

Greenman Gaming

Preorder Deals - Updated 10/28
Group Buys - Updated 8/14

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff - Updated 4/3

There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card.
The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Which retail CD Keys are accepted on Steam?

All retail Valve games and a number of third-party games can be registered to your Steam account. All of the following games can be registered through Steam:
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: ####-#####-####
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • AI War CD Keys in various formats
  • Aliens vs. Predator (2010 Release) CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Alpha Prime CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Audiosurf CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • BRINK CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is not accepted on Steam
  • Cities in Motion CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Civilization V CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Cricket Revolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys may also have been printed incorrectly, please see the Dark Messiah article
  • Darksiders CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: The number 2 and letter Z may look very similar.
  • Dawn of War II CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dawn of War II - Retribution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Defense Grid CD Keys in this format (Direct2Drive only): 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Duke Nukem Forever CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Empire: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-DDEFGH3-IJK4L-MNOPQ-RST56
  • F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • F.E.A.R. 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Fallout: New Vegas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2010 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2011 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Front Mission Evolved CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Global Agenda CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Keys purchased directly from the Global Agenda website cannot be registered on Steam.
  • GTI Racing CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • GTR Evolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Homefront CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Humble Indie Bundle in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 2 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 3 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Just Cause 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Please input all O's and 0's as Q's for Just Cause 2
  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Killing Floor CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Last Remnant CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lionheart: Kings' Crusade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Extreme Condition CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Colonies Edition CD Keys are not accepted on Steam
  • Mafia 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Magicka CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Metro 2033 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • MLB Front Office Manager CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: Warband CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • NBA 2K9 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Napoleon: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Order of War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Prey CD Keys in this format: AAB1BB2C345CDD6E E7
  • R.U.S.E. CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: R.U.S.E. keys from Ubisoft's Digital River service are not accepted on Steam
  • RACE - the WTCC Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • RACE 07 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ragdoll Kung Fu CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Railworks CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Red Orchestra CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Rogue Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • SiN Episodes: Emergence CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Saint's Row 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Serious Sam HD CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Shattered Horizon CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Ship CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ship Simulator Extremes CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Silent Hill Homecoming CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Space Trader CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Speedball 2 - Tournament in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Star Trek: D-A-C CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • STCC - The Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Super Meat Boy CD keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Supreme Commander 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Torchlight CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Note: Only keys purchased directly from Runic Games or Perfect World prior to May 19th, 2010 can be registered on Steam.
  • Total War: SHOGUN 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Unreal Tournament 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2-3FGH-456I-K8LM
  • Velvet Assassin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings in this format: AB-1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM
  • Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • X3: Terran Conflict CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Zeno Clash CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
Opposing Force CD-keys cannot be registered through Steam. Opposing Force was included in a retail Half-Life package. The Half-Life CD-key included in the package will unlock all of the games in that package, including Opposing Force.
Note: Only the retail games listed above can be registered through Steam. No other retail games can be registered and downloaded using Steam.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

The Ball (bought @D2D and tested by voken)
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon and tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pantsattack']Did it get the dev support it needed? I stayed away from it because of issues I can't remember right now.[/QUOTE]
I have not seen it receive substantial patching

[quote name='Showstoppa42']It's an actual upgrade.

Every year, the Railworks team gives out the base game for free to owners of the previous version. Railworks 3 was actually called Train Simulator 2012, so you could say that this is Railworks 4.

New features in the 2013 version include Xbox 360 Controller Support, Multiplayer, Leaderboards, and Steam Workshop Integration, to name the biggest features.

Note that buying the game on Steam for $29.99 is actually a bundle which includes Train Simulator 2013, Isle of Wight Add-On, London to Brighton Add-On, Northeast Corridor Add-On, and Sherman Hill Add-On. Owners of last year's version only get the 2013 upgrade for free, not the DLC. However, buying the bundle is way cheaper than buying the DLC separately.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty cool from them! Thanks for clearing that up

[quote name='louiedog']Anna is now available and 10% off ($8.99) until October 5th.

Anna is a first-person horror adventure that explores the darkest depths of the human psyche. Set in an abandoned sawmill nestled high in the mountains, Anna challenges you to uncover horrific clues and use them to solve puzzles related to your character’s dark past. As you play, Anna will unlock locations and unveil new secrets.
Genre: Adventure, Indie[/QUOTE]
already on my wishlist, but I'll wait for a cheaper price point which is a lot easier now with almost 300 games in backlog.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Hubby and I are jumping into Torchlight II this evening. We've got pizza and soda. The only thing missing is cheese puffs.[/QUOTE]
here you go
Cheesy-Poofs.jpg

[quote name='igotnodough']anyone ever bought from here before? http://gamerkeys.net/Borderlands-2-CD-KEY.htm[/QUOTE]
no, and I would be careful, seems kinda shady.

^ Thanks for the heads up. Just grabbed a key.

Also, extra weekend deal is Killing Floor and Red Orchestra 2 at 66% off, along with a Tripwire Bundle for around $20.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']^ Thanks for the heads up. Just grabbed a key.

Also, extra weekend deal is Killing Floor and Red Orchestra 2 at 66% off, along with a Tripwire Bundle for around $20.[/QUOTE]
Is Red Orchestra 2 still really bad like it was after launch? or is it worth grabbing now?

[quote name='Terlan']Is Red Orchestra 2 still really bad like it was after launch? or is it worth grabbing now?[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I haven't played it since I bought it this summer but in May of this year:

This is the game that won PC Gamer’s “Multiplayer FPS of the Year” and has recently been updated with new game modes, a new map, a wide range of gameplay refinements and performance improvements – all for free to everyone who owns the game. Tripwire Interactive is committed to supporting our games with free additional content for many years after initial release and Red Orchestra 2 is no exception to that rule! There is more content already in the works for the game, as well as a new add-on for the game: Rising Storm, that will bring the Pacific Theater alive for Red Orchestra 2 players.

Sucks that the KFDLC isn't on sale as well. Guess I'll have to wait 'til the Winter Sale to purchase that annoying female character skin/voice.

Renegade Ops is the Daily Deal
75% Off 14.99 $3.74

or

4 Pack 75% Off $29.99 $7.49 (~$1.87 each)

All the DLC can be picked up for about $2 making a 4 Pack with all DLC come out to nearly $4 each - on par with some of the best deals on that title. Amazon and a few other places have had a Steam activated code on sale that includes the DLC, so those were probably the best deals overall. Still... great shooter.

Metacritic 76/100

[quote name='vince_carter']It's times like this I get butthurt that I trashed all my consoles

http://www.gamespot.com/news/resident-evil-6-pc-not-coming-for-some-time-6396832[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the posting this article. The Resident Evil 6 trailer did state that the PC port wouldn't be released until later, and, so far, that seems to be the case. Personally, I'm glad they're not doing a Ubisoft and claiming the PC release will coincide with the console ones.

As for the port itself, I think Capcom understands the reasons for making a quality PC port. The Resident Evil 5 PC port was an interesting case - While it utilized new technology, like 120 hz monitors, it never received the DLC campaigns. Nevertheless, the RE5 port is considered solid, especially compared to the PC conversions of Resident Evil 4 and Devil May Cry 3.

Also, everyone take note: Shatter is also still on sale over at Steam for $7.49. This is certainly the best deal.

[quote name='Corpekata']You can take comfort in knowing that the demo is pretty awful, and the game is not looking too hot in general.[/QUOTE]

Yeah.. I played the demo and preferred the gameplay in RE5.

[quote name='valenor the bored']I picked up the base game for Renegade Ops. How do the DLC stack up? Is the Cold Strike Campaign necessary to getting the fullness of the story?[/QUOTE]

The Cold Strike Campaign is well worth the price. The other DLC (2 additional vehicles), maybe not. But then again it's only a quarter.

The only reason why I'd hesitate to endorse the vehicle DLC is because in the 10 hours I've played I've pretty much stuck to the Gordon Freeman vehicle. Once I max it out I may try the others.

There is no story in Renegade Ops. Nothing beyond manly heroes and bad guys.

The extra DLC characters have some cool abilities and the Coldstrike Campaign is an extra three levels. I was not a huge fan of RO to begin with but they are decent additions if you love driving around collecting civilians and running from objective to objective over and over

[quote name='utopianmachine']What's happening in Torchlight II? No idea.

Clicky clicky dead thing! Cannon boom! loot loot loot!

I'm satisfied, nevertheless. :D[/QUOTE]
I want to get this so much, but with Borderlands 2 I just won't have time to play it. Hopefully there is a deal on it by the time I completely burn myself out on Borderlands 2.

I know everybody (including me) just got their hands on Torchlight 2, but I just saw RAW: Realms of Ancient War up for preorder on GamersGate; says it's Steamworks and it's only ~$11.50 with the IGN discount. Unfortunately reviews for the 360 version weren't so kind but honestly it looks like a pretty good entry in the suddenly-crowded action RPG genre. Hmm...

[quote name='walkonshadows']I just remembered to check the CAG giveaway system and there are still codes for:
Ravaged Beta (PC/Steam)

Grab a code for the Ravaged Beta (PC), a post-apocalyptic first person shooter.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/codes.php?codeid=6[/QUOTE]

I grabbed a key for this without realizing it was multiplayer only. I'm not going to waste it, as I know I won't play it. For a fellow CAG who missed the giveaway, here is a key:

6DE0K-RDXQF-LCZVM

[quote name='hal']
All the DLC can be picked up for about $2 making a 4 Pack with all DLC come out to nearly $4 each - on par with some of the best deals on that title. Amazon and a few other places have had a Steam activated code on sale that includes the DLC, so those were probably the best deals overall. Still... great shooter.0[/QUOTE]

Hrm.

I won a copy of this on Steamgifts last week. I may have to grab the DLC, even though I can't actually run the game yet. (XP until I find a killer deal on a copy of Win 7.)

[quote name='Jokerkun890']I grabbed a key for this without realizing it was multiplayer only. I'm not going to waste it, as I know I won't play it. For a fellow CAG who missed the giveaway, here is a key:

6DE0K-RDXQF-LCZVM[/QUOTE]

I grabbed it,

Thanks!

I was wondering why there were so many Bunch Of Heroes giveaways on steamgifts.
Then I noticed it was on sale for $1.24.
I missed it back when it was in a bundle - anyone have any thoughts on whether I should pick it up? My backlog is pretty huge right now... but I may be tempted.

[quote name='RollingSkull']There is no story in Renegade Ops. Nothing beyond manly heroes and bad guys.
[/QUOTE]

Well that also describes about 95% of all video games. There is a story in RO, and it's a throwback to those G.I. Joe cartoons where the good guys have bushy facial hair and the villains have shrill voices (and sometimes sexy eyeglasses). The Coldstrike DLC has some character and storyline continuity, but it's not terribly essential to enjoy what the game does best: mini-cars blowing the bejesus out of shit.

That very closely mirrors my experience with 4-player Borderlands 2. It's tough to focus on the story when you've got 3 buddies yammering plus the ECHO communication system also feeding several more conversations into your skull, all the while there's shit blowing up, enemies screaming as they melt into puddles, and Frankenstein 55-gallon-steel drums shooting lightning bolts into your arse. It's gloriously overwhelming.

[quote name='Big McLargeHuge']Why does OP say Haunted Hells Reach is still $5? The link shows $20. Or am i missing something?[/QUOTE]

A little above that, it says updated 8/9, so there's that. The OP doesn't get updated as frequently as it should, especially since it's a wiki post, and anyone can do it. I'm as guilty as any other regular to this thread.

[quote name='Big McLargeHuge']Why does OP say Haunted Hells Reach is still $5? The link shows $20. Or am i missing something?[/QUOTE]

The OP is wikified, which means that it's updated by the users here. Sometimes it's fairly up to date, But most of the time, there are things that haven't been updated in weeks. I myself usually only update the steam sales when I do the update. I'm not alone in that. The stuff sold through other stores are usually the least frequently updated. Thus there are a lot of out of date sales listed in the OP.

[quote name='glennfrank']I was wondering why there were so many Bunch Of Heroes giveaways on steamgifts.
I missed it back when it was in a bundle - anyone have any thoughts on whether I should pick it up? My backlog is pretty huge right now... but I may be tempted.[/QUOTE]

Don't waste your $1.24. It's that bad.

[quote name='laseractive']I want to get this so much, but with Borderlands 2 I just won't have time to play it. Hopefully there is a deal on it by the time I completely burn myself out on Borderlands 2.[/QUOTE]

There's no place for self-restraint here. ;)

[quote name='dfg']That very closely mirrors my experience with 4-player Borderlands 2. It's tough to focus on the story when you've got 3 buddies yammering plus the ECHO communication system also feeding several more conversations into your skull, all the while there's shit blowing up, enemies screaming as they melt into puddles, and Frankenstein 55-gallon-steel drums shooting lightning bolts into your arse. It's gloriously overwhelming.[/QUOTE]

Well, Torchlight doesn't have the graphics of Borderlands, but it's still mega-sweet. There can be so many enemies and loot dropping that it's hard to see what's happening.

Probably is more complicated by my hubby and his pet crowding the same area as me and mine, but it's all good.

Very, very epic. It's like, "Whoooo! That was awesome!" :D

[quote name='utopianmachine']There's no place for self-restraint here. ;)

Well, Torchlight doesn't have the graphics of Borderlands, but it's still mega-sweet. There can be so many enemies and loot dropping that it's hard to see what's happening.

Probably is more complicated by my hubby and his pet crowding the same area as me and mine, but it's all good.

Very, very epic. It's like, "Whoooo! That was awesome!" :D[/QUOTE]

"Whoo that was awesome!" hahahah, I felt that way when I first equipped the hand cannon, knocking back enemies and just blowing shit up was sooooooo satisfying.

[quote name='glennfrank']I was wondering why there were so many Bunch Of Heroes giveaways on steamgifts.
I missed it back when it was in a bundle - anyone have any thoughts on whether I should pick it up? My backlog is pretty huge right now... but I may be tempted.[/QUOTE]

I really didn't like the game. I would recommend passing on it.

Updated that part (not including Amazon pre-orders or the lesser GMG deals). If anyone finds any nice pre-order deals, though, please edit that first post. I don't keep up on that kind of thing.

Do not waste your money on Bunch of Heroes. It's like Secret of the Magic Crystals or Bad Rats...games that I'm ashamed that I own in my inventory. I was gifted Bunch of Heroes and I still regret owning it (having played it for a coal achievement).

No one should waste their money on this game. Just Awful.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dfg']That very closely mirrors my experience with 4-player Borderlands 2. It's tough to focus on the story when you've got 3 buddies yammering plus the ECHO communication system also feeding several more conversations into your skull, all the while there's shit blowing up, enemies screaming as they melt into puddles, and Frankenstein 55-gallon-steel drums shooting lightning bolts into your arse. It's gloriously overwhelming.[/QUOTE]

I'm finding that Borderlands 2 makes an even better singleplayer experience than Borderlands. Either one can be annoying (YMMV) if you are playing with people that want to do nothing more than charge through every level hitting buttons and racing for red chests. I like to play it more slowly and really get into the level and story and the two styles don't mesh well unless you have like-minded friends.

Sounds about right, hehe.
I played through TL2 Beta a few months back and just played through TL2 Demo.
No doubt - from what I played, TL2 Beta & Demo = AWESOME.

How's TL2 compared to Diablo 3? (haven't played either yet)

TL2 is cheaper at $20 compared to Diablo's $60 but Blizzard seems to be updating the game a lot. As much as I dislike the always-online drm, it seems that Blizzard is really using the data at least. I enjoyed the original TL, Diablo 2 and Titan Quest. Is TL2 just a bigger TL?

There won't be many updates to Torchlight 2 because it's PVE, not PVP. A lot of Blizzard's updates aren't even good. Plus Torchlight 2 will have mods in the future.

[quote name='icedrake523']There won't be many updates to Torchlight 2 because it's PVE, not PVP. A lot of Blizzard's updates aren't even good. Plus Torchlight 2 will have mods in the future.[/QUOTE]
And as an added bonus, TL2 doesn't have an item system that was designed around profiting from a real-money-auction house.

[quote name='icedrake523']There won't be many updates to Torchlight 2 because it's PVE, not PVP. A lot of Blizzard's updates aren't even good. Plus Torchlight 2 will have mods in the future.[/QUOTE]

Torchlight 2 has a ton of mod support and a more laidback atmosphere to... everything.

In the long run it will probably see more content, but lack the tight, more hardcore nature of Diablo III. (Hardcore as in highly competitive, not hardcore as in you die once and lose your character. Both games have that.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back