The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V5! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

This is a Wiki post. Please read this
We appreciate you helping keep this thread up to date. The sales change virtually every day so no one person has the time to update them all. If you notice a game is no longer on sale, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see a game is on sale, add it to the list. Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.
for instructions on updating the thread.

Steam Games and DLC on Sale - Updated 12/16

Daily Deal(s)

Midweek Madness Deal(s) Weekend Deal(s)

Other Deals

Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 9/23

Amazon
  • Amazon - Preorders

• Amazon - Current Deals

GamersGate

Greenman Gaming

Preorder Deals - Updated 10/28
Group Buys - Updated 8/14

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff - Updated 4/3

There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card.
The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Which retail CD Keys are accepted on Steam?

All retail Valve games and a number of third-party games can be registered to your Steam account. All of the following games can be registered through Steam:
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: ####-#####-####
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • AI War CD Keys in various formats
  • Aliens vs. Predator (2010 Release) CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Alpha Prime CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Audiosurf CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • BRINK CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is not accepted on Steam
  • Cities in Motion CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Civilization V CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Cricket Revolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys may also have been printed incorrectly, please see the Dark Messiah article
  • Darksiders CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: The number 2 and letter Z may look very similar.
  • Dawn of War II CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dawn of War II - Retribution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Defense Grid CD Keys in this format (Direct2Drive only): 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Duke Nukem Forever CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Empire: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-DDEFGH3-IJK4L-MNOPQ-RST56
  • F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • F.E.A.R. 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Fallout: New Vegas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2010 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2011 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Front Mission Evolved CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Global Agenda CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Keys purchased directly from the Global Agenda website cannot be registered on Steam.
  • GTI Racing CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • GTR Evolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Homefront CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Humble Indie Bundle in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 2 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 3 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Just Cause 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Please input all O's and 0's as Q's for Just Cause 2
  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Killing Floor CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Last Remnant CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lionheart: Kings' Crusade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Extreme Condition CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Colonies Edition CD Keys are not accepted on Steam
  • Mafia 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Magicka CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Metro 2033 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • MLB Front Office Manager CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: Warband CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • NBA 2K9 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Napoleon: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Order of War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Prey CD Keys in this format: AAB1BB2C345CDD6E E7
  • R.U.S.E. CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: R.U.S.E. keys from Ubisoft's Digital River service are not accepted on Steam
  • RACE - the WTCC Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • RACE 07 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ragdoll Kung Fu CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Railworks CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Red Orchestra CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Rogue Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • SiN Episodes: Emergence CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Saint's Row 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Serious Sam HD CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Shattered Horizon CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Ship CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ship Simulator Extremes CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Silent Hill Homecoming CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Space Trader CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Speedball 2 - Tournament in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Star Trek: D-A-C CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • STCC - The Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Super Meat Boy CD keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Supreme Commander 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Torchlight CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Note: Only keys purchased directly from Runic Games or Perfect World prior to May 19th, 2010 can be registered on Steam.
  • Total War: SHOGUN 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Unreal Tournament 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2-3FGH-456I-K8LM
  • Velvet Assassin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings in this format: AB-1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM
  • Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • X3: Terran Conflict CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Zeno Clash CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
Opposing Force CD-keys cannot be registered through Steam. Opposing Force was included in a retail Half-Life package. The Half-Life CD-key included in the package will unlock all of the games in that package, including Opposing Force.
Note: Only the retail games listed above can be registered through Steam. No other retail games can be registered and downloaded using Steam.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

The Ball (bought @D2D and tested by voken)
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon and tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MC Kage']I looked it up and it seems like a pretty prominent issue, but sometimes after I shut down, all the non-Steam games that I've added to my library get removed. Does anyone have this problem or have a solution for this?[/QUOTE]

Before shutting down your computer, try exiting Steam and waiting for the Cloud sync to finish first.

That works for me.

[quote name='The End']I have one copy of Airmech (beta, I believe). Does anybody want it? I've asked everybody on my friend list who doesn't already have it and nobody wants it. lol

Anybody out there want it?[/QUOTE]

I'll give it a go if it's going :)

[quote name='Carlmundo']I'll give it a go if it's going :)[/QUOTE]

OK, it's yours if you want it. Just sent you a PM with my steam profile.

i've got amazon steam codes for Victoria 2 and Crusader Kings 2 i got from a previous sale that i'd love to let go for cheap (i just want to get out from under them). pm me if interested.

[quote name='Carlmundo']Before shutting down your computer, try exiting Steam and waiting for the Cloud sync to finish first.

That works for me.[/QUOTE]

Still annoys me lol... thanks.

[quote name='affa']i've got amazon steam codes for Victoria 2 and Crusader Kings 2 i got from a previous sale that i'd love to let go for cheap (i just want to get out from under them). pm me if interested.[/QUOTE]

You could probably unload it pretty quick in the Steam trade thread.

[quote name='affa']i've got amazon steam codes for Victoria 2 and Crusader Kings 2 i got from a previous sale that i'd love to let go for cheap (i just want to get out from under them). pm me if interested.[/QUOTE]

PM'd

I just experienced HL: Blue Shift playing audio off the CD drive. It was right when the zombies are introduced and they are pulling a guard apart by the arms. The music starts and I think, "Action time!"

HL has weird spacey electronica so this song didn't seem out of place. It doesn't have typical dubstep bass so I just thought it was from the 90s. Full surround with a sub sounded fucking awesome.

[quote name='Syntax Error']I don't know if anyone has some advice but I'm about the shelve Sleeping Dogs as a big disappointment. Combat is just ridiculous. Countering/blocking is sluggish and leaves me open if I mistime it but "mistiming" it is practically random considering how the game responds to hitting the button. I'm stuck in a fight against five guys which I barely make it through only to fight five more immediately after and haven't come close to winning.

I'm not randomly mashing mouse buttons; I'm trying to time the blocks and grapple and all that stuff. But the game has gone from "This is cool" to "Wow, this is the exact opposite of fun" within a very short period of time. I mean, if this is how the first hour is, I don't think the fights are going to get easier further on.

Maybe I just suck and shouldn't play the game or something but I'm hoping that's not the answer.[/QUOTE]

Surprised no one has responded yet. Here is what happened my first two times playing SD: I hated the combat! Granted these were random times my bro handed me the controller without me having played it at all, but I too found the combat system horrible and unresponsive. And this was on the Xbox. But when I bought it and started playing it on my own on the PC I have the opposite feeling now. Probably my favorite combat system in a GTA style game.

Tips are to do side missions/cop missions/ return jade statues, etc. to level and get better at fighting. All this really does help. If you try to follow just the main story line or do the cameras without exploring some of the side stuff it will take longer for the combat to level up for you. It's all about timing. Attack one or two guys, counter when another guy comes in (Red) and then attack him. When I was being overpowered my strategy was to grapple as many people I could and do environmental kills to thin the ranks and then deal with a smaller crowd. That said, right now I can handle gangs of 10-15 thugs ;)

i played sleeping dogs on ps3. combat was responsive and fantastic. don't know about pc, but the melee was on a long list of great things about the game.

however, different enemies do need different strategies. you can't use certain moves against certain enemies or you'll get beat down.

but yea, i absolutely loved that game.

What do these golden keys do, anyway?

I think I might be getting Borderlands 2 curtsey of Newegg's decision earlier tonight to sell OEM copies of the keys that were supposed to be given out with video cards. I'm curious as to what they do. Also, is there a way to redeem the key code without having the game yet?

[quote name='The End']What do these golden keys do, anyway?

I think I might be getting Borderlands 2 curtsey of Newegg's decision earlier tonight to sell OEM copies of the keys that were supposed to be given out with video cards. I'm curious as to what they do. Also, is there a way to redeem the key code without having the game yet?[/QUOTE]

They allow you to open a chest which gives you awesome loot that is dependent on your current level. ;)

Oh ok. I assume that I need the have the game to redeem the code. Correct?

EDIT: Never mind. Stupid question. Of course you need to have the game.

[quote name='The End']Oh ok. I assume that I need the have the game to redeem the code. Correct?

EDIT: Never mind. Stupid question. Of course you need to have the game.[/QUOTE]

Haha as of right now, yeah you do. If they'd allow us to not have to open the game to enter the code, it would be better for us and allow those who don't own the game yet to stock up on codes. Not a stupid question at all; if they were smart they'd let us access the Shift software like in the game menu, but unfortunately they haven't yet done this, and it may stay this way. =/

I'm sure they do it to try and make it seem like you're missing out if you don't own the game already. I know that it makes me feel that way when I see one of those codes. The way that they release a new one every day or so hammers the point home too.

Pretty ingenious really. Much more affective than having some preorder bonus item.

I would think making a good game in the FIRST place would be slightly more ingenious but we're talking about Gearbox here so I can't expect much

[quote name='RollingSkull']I would think making a good game in the FIRST place would be slightly more ingenious but we're talking about Gearbox here so I can't expect much[/QUOTE]
That's much harder to do.

Broken Sword : Director's Cut- 8R0RV-5C47G-6IY34
Broken Sword 2 : The Smoking Mirror- 8RWA0-29KEH-6XR8N
Broken Sword 3 : The Sleeping Dragon- 8NJY6-BBKVH-4KPPG

Posted these in the indie gala thread earlier, probably lurked but not one person mentioned them. Enjoy if you can get them.

[quote name='golfer']Broken Sword : Director's Cut- 8R0RV-5C47G-6IY34
Broken Sword 2 : The Smoking Mirror- 8RWA0-29KEH-6XR8N
Broken Sword 3 : The Sleeping Dragon- 8NJY6-BBKVH-4KPPG

Posted these in the indie gala thread earlier, probably lurked but not one person mentioned them. Enjoy if you can get them.[/QUOTE]

They've all been used already. Thanks for posting though.

[quote name='Severose']Haha as of right now, yeah you do. If they'd allow us to not have to open the game to enter the code, it would be better for us and allow those who don't own the game yet to stock up on codes. Not a stupid question at all; if they were smart they'd let us access the Shift software like in the game menu, but unfortunately they haven't yet done this, and it may stay this way. =/[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't mind being able to do that (enter codes w/o the game open) but I am thankful SHIFT doesn't require an extra software program running in the background.

[quote name='dfg']I wouldn't mind being able to do that (enter codes w/o the game open) but I am thankful SHIFT doesn't require an extra software program running in the background.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, very thankful for them not making Shift into another abomination like Windows Live or UPlay (knock on wood), but I can't help but to still be a little peeved. =/

I really hate this new social media integration into games. Follow this guy on twitter to get golden keys. Like us on facebook to get a golden key. Sign up for our newsletter to get a golden key. How about no? I paid cash money for your game stop making me jump through hoops to get the most out of it.

[quote name='vince_carter']I really hate this new social media integration into games. Follow this guy on twitter to get golden keys. Like us on facebook to get a golden key. Sign up for our newsletter to get a golden key. How about no? I paid cash money for your game stop making me jump through hoops to get the most out of it.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I hate f***book and tw*tter for personal reasons, and resent that I even have accounts on both of them, but being a bit OCD with this kinda stuff I just feel like I'm missing out on the game.

It'd be really nice if they decided to integrate these types of things into the game, even if they made it really hard to get them (some challenge mission or something). But with how things are going these days, it seems everyone wants to make a point to integrate some sort of social media into their games...

It's annoying, but I'll deal with it if it'll get me something useful. I'd rather not do it, but what choice do I have? :roll:

Golden keys aren't necessary to play the game. Now, "follow us on Twitter! to pass our copy protection scheme" would be the shitty. Besides, thanks to the efforts of Sev and others reposting, I haven't had to do any of that to take advantage of them.

emotion-22.gif

[quote name='dfg']Golden keys aren't necessary to play the game. Now, "follow us on Twitter! to pass our copy protection scheme" would be the shitty. Besides, thanks to the efforts of Sev and others reposting, I haven't had to do any of that to take advantage of them.

emotion-22.gif
[/QUOTE]

Just passing on the word from the SHIFT code thread. They may not be necessary, but they're surely nice to have since the idea is to get the shiniest gun you can. =P

[quote name='vince_carter']I really hate this new social media integration into games. Follow this guy on twitter to get golden keys. Like us on facebook to get a golden key. Sign up for our newsletter to get a golden key. How about no? I paid cash money for your game stop making me jump through hoops to get the most out of it.[/QUOTE]

I don't even bother any more, since I have a 50, and 4x 32-38. Once you farm (or dupe, I guess) level 50 legendaries, the keys are kinda meh.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I would think making a good game in the FIRST place would be slightly more ingenious but we're talking about Gearbox here so I can't expect much[/QUOTE]

borderlands 2 is pretty damn awesome imo. like, really solid. far better than the first.

never had a golden key, never needed a golden key.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']It's official. I have spent more time redeeming Shift codes than actually playing Borderlands 2![/QUOTE]

Congratulations! :D

I'm not a fan of the social media stuff either. Actually following on facebook/twitter to get game upgrades is all I use facebook and twitter for anyway :)

[quote name='SkullTheTroll']I'm not a fan of the social media stuff either. Actually following on facebook/twitter to get game upgrades is all I use facebook and twitter for anyway :)[/QUOTE]

+1

I'd rather not endorse stalkerware. =P

Been playing Mark of the Ninja a lot, it is a great game. Worth the 15 dollars, and it'll be a steal at any upcoming promo.

[quote name='facls']Been playing Mark of the Ninja a lot, it is a great game. Worth the 15 dollars, and it'll be a steal at any upcoming promo.[/QUOTE]

I can't wait until that game hits a sale. I love stealth games.

Yep, and other gaming websites, such as Raptr, require you to connect your account to Facebook to receive certain rewards. These are all ways for TrapWire to build its database of information about you.

First, the golden keys just give you free loot so you aren't really getting "more" out of the game by using them.

Of course if you really want to stick it to the man and not play into their social networking shenanigans:
Lets say you have at least 1 golden key. You could do something like backup your save files (my documents\my games\borderlands 2) then get into the game with a friend and open as many chests as you have keys. You need to either give all those items to the friend or drop them on the ground, otherwise you will lose them. After that you can go ahead and exit the game and then restore your previously created backup. The next time you get into the game, you'll have all your items, money, and golden keys - regardless of how many you dropped on the ground or gave to a friend. Essentially, you have infinite golden keys as long as you have 1.

[quote name='spuffin']First, the golden keys just give you free loot so you aren't really getting "more" out of the game by using them.

Of course if you really want to stick it to the man and not play into their social networking shenanigans:
Lets say you have at least 1 golden key. You could do something like backup your save files (my documents\my games\borderlands 2) then get into the game with a friend and open as many chests as you have keys. You need to either give all those items to the friend or drop them on the ground, otherwise you will lose them. After that you can go ahead and exit the game and then restore your previously created backup. The next time you get into the game, you'll have all your items, money, and golden keys - regardless of how many you dropped on the ground or gave to a friend. Essentially, you have infinite golden keys as long as you have 1.
[/QUOTE]

If I am not mistaken they patched the game due to people performing those exact shenanigans.

[quote name='Larce80']Heres what I did a lot:

1. steal gun from cop
2. shoot enemies

I still dont like the game though[/QUOTE]
If you have a controller, I'd recommend using it. The combat feels more natural (IMO) using a gamepad. But then again, I do most of my PC gaming with a controller. KBM only feels natural for FPS and RTS to me.

Speaking of, I finished Sleepy Dogs yesterday and had a blast with it. Looked fantastic, and I really dug the setting, atmosphere, and combat. I also started and finished Spec Ops: The Line, which was also very good. That game has some fantastic art direction. I love the visual design of the settings. The plot wasn't bad either, and was fairly compelling, but the twist was disappointing. Just the right length as well; any longer and it would start outstaying its welcome.

Now I just have to figure out what to play next...

[quote name='facls']Been playing Mark of the Ninja a lot, it is a great game. Worth the 15 dollars, and it'll be a steal at any upcoming promo.[/QUOTE]

I so prefer stealth to run/gun/jump/gun/run/jump/etc

[quote name='Spyder187']If I am not mistaken they patched the game due to people performing those exact shenanigans.[/QUOTE]
I can assure you this is not the case. They patched out the editing of a single file a while back but this method is still very much valid.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']If you have a controller, I'd recommend using it. The combat feels more natural (IMO) using a gamepad. But then again, I do most of my PC gaming with a controller. KBM only feels natural for FPS and RTS to me.

Speaking of, I finished Sleepy Dogs yesterday and had a blast with it. Looked fantastic, and I really dug the setting, atmosphere, and combat. I also started and finished Spec Ops: The Line, which was also very good. That game has some fantastic art direction. I love the visual design of the settings. The plot wasn't bad either, and was fairly compelling, but the twist was disappointing. Just the right length as well; any longer and it would start outstaying its welcome.

Now I just have to figure out what to play next...[/QUOTE]
I hate using controllers for PC games. I was alright at hand to hand(spam right click, win), just gets tedious after a while

The thing that really pissed me off was that left and right wasnt strafe left and right, its walk left and right. I hate the game acting like Im using a damn analogue stick

[quote name='Larce80']I hate using controllers for PC games. I was alright at hand to hand(spam right click, win), just gets tedious after a while

The thing that really pissed me off was that left and right wasnt strafe left and right, its walk left and right. I hate the game acting like Im using a damn analogue stick[/QUOTE]

I can imagine using a KB/M for Sleeping Dogs. Even the thought of having to right click during the melee is frustrating!

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']If you have a controller, I'd recommend using it. The combat feels more natural (IMO) using a gamepad. But then again, I do most of my PC gaming with a controller. KBM only feels natural for FPS and RTS to me.

Now I just have to figure out what to play next...[/QUOTE]

I finished it and BF3 (campaign) this weekend as well and sleeping dog's is by far easier with a controller (used Dualshock 3 as a 360 controller with MotionJoy). Anyways there was a twist in sleeping dogs???

The last guy you directly put in jail didn't surprise me at all considering what he said to Wei maybe a day or two before. Not to mention earlier actions of his in the game. That said the melee with a controller is good and the graphics are fantastic. played it maxed out with medium AA @ 1080p with its high res texture pack.

now its on to getting past the first two levels of Des Ex:HR. Always found it a bit boring.

[quote name='Fire2box']snip[/QUOTE]

You should probably use spoiler tags for any plot related info from the game.

[quote name='Larce80']I hate using controllers for PC games. I was alright at hand to hand(spam right click, win), just gets tedious after a while

The thing that really pissed me off was that left and right wasnt strafe left and right, its walk left and right. I hate the game acting like Im using a damn analogue stick[/QUOTE]

I don't understand how anyone can have such disdain for controllers on pc games. I think it's a "oh noes, controllers are for console peasants, I'm to 1337 for that," perception thing. Some games just play better with a controller.

Only use Twitter/FB for music networking now. & talking about basketball.

& I prefer controller for everything especially if its 1st person.
But KB/M for RTS/Strategy/point'n'click. it doesn't make sense to use a controller for those obviously lol.

[quote name='Fire2box'] now its on to getting past the first two levels of Des Ex:HR. Always found it a bit boring.[/QUOTE]

Keep going, it gets better. I am replaying it on pc just for the graphic bump (and to play it differently). also to drive everyone here nutz i am playing that with a controller 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back