The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V5! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

This is a Wiki post. Please read this
We appreciate you helping keep this thread up to date. The sales change virtually every day so no one person has the time to update them all. If you notice a game is no longer on sale, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see a game is on sale, add it to the list. Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.
for instructions on updating the thread.

Steam Games and DLC on Sale - Updated 12/16

Daily Deal(s)

Midweek Madness Deal(s) Weekend Deal(s)

Other Deals

Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 9/23

Amazon
  • Amazon - Preorders

• Amazon - Current Deals

GamersGate

Greenman Gaming

Preorder Deals - Updated 10/28
Group Buys - Updated 8/14

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff - Updated 4/3

There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card.
The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Which retail CD Keys are accepted on Steam?

All retail Valve games and a number of third-party games can be registered to your Steam account. All of the following games can be registered through Steam:
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: ####-#####-####
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • AI War CD Keys in various formats
  • Aliens vs. Predator (2010 Release) CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Alpha Prime CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Audiosurf CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • BRINK CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is not accepted on Steam
  • Cities in Motion CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Civilization V CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Cricket Revolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys may also have been printed incorrectly, please see the Dark Messiah article
  • Darksiders CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: The number 2 and letter Z may look very similar.
  • Dawn of War II CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dawn of War II - Retribution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Defense Grid CD Keys in this format (Direct2Drive only): 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Duke Nukem Forever CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Empire: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-DDEFGH3-IJK4L-MNOPQ-RST56
  • F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • F.E.A.R. 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Fallout: New Vegas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2010 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2011 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Front Mission Evolved CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Global Agenda CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Keys purchased directly from the Global Agenda website cannot be registered on Steam.
  • GTI Racing CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • GTR Evolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Homefront CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Humble Indie Bundle in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 2 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 3 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Just Cause 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Please input all O's and 0's as Q's for Just Cause 2
  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Killing Floor CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Last Remnant CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lionheart: Kings' Crusade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Extreme Condition CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Colonies Edition CD Keys are not accepted on Steam
  • Mafia 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Magicka CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Metro 2033 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • MLB Front Office Manager CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: Warband CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • NBA 2K9 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Napoleon: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Order of War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Prey CD Keys in this format: AAB1BB2C345CDD6E E7
  • R.U.S.E. CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: R.U.S.E. keys from Ubisoft's Digital River service are not accepted on Steam
  • RACE - the WTCC Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • RACE 07 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ragdoll Kung Fu CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Railworks CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Red Orchestra CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Rogue Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • SiN Episodes: Emergence CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Saint's Row 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Serious Sam HD CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Shattered Horizon CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Ship CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ship Simulator Extremes CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Silent Hill Homecoming CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Space Trader CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Speedball 2 - Tournament in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Star Trek: D-A-C CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • STCC - The Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Super Meat Boy CD keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Supreme Commander 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Torchlight CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Note: Only keys purchased directly from Runic Games or Perfect World prior to May 19th, 2010 can be registered on Steam.
  • Total War: SHOGUN 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Unreal Tournament 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2-3FGH-456I-K8LM
  • Velvet Assassin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings in this format: AB-1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM
  • Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • X3: Terran Conflict CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Zeno Clash CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
Opposing Force CD-keys cannot be registered through Steam. Opposing Force was included in a retail Half-Life package. The Half-Life CD-key included in the package will unlock all of the games in that package, including Opposing Force.
Note: Only the retail games listed above can be registered through Steam. No other retail games can be registered and downloaded using Steam.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

The Ball (bought @D2D and tested by voken)
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon and tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='INCyr']Damn, was hoping for a better price on Alan Wake. Might still pick up Home, though.

Still wish DS1&2 had a pack for $7.50.[/QUOTE]
If you have a GamersGate account with IGN discount you can get it for $8.50 there.

[quote name='SeymourGams']http://store.steampowered.com/app/9990/[/QUOTE]
That's not the GhostBusters game he's referring to. This is the one, except it got pulled from Steam.

As for Overlord, it's kind of like Nintendo's Pikmin with a dash of evil thrown in. I can't say I liked it more than Pikmin, but it's interesting if you're looking for something different.

[quote name='dark2025']
That's not the GhostBusters game he's referring to. This is the one, except it got pulled from Steam.

[/QUOTE]

When I saw it on the deals on Steam this afternoon I got excited that it was this one and then I remembered it got pulled : ((

Yeah nothing is really interesting me game+price-wise. Only Dead Rising 2 at $7.50, did anyone bite on that? and Limbo - which I'm assuming will be in an Indie bundle sometime, or at least has been. Basically, is it a good time to get it or should I wait for a bundle.

Would like Fallout, Alan Wake, The WD, or Dead Island, but still not cheap enough for me.

How's Prototype?

Kinda tempted by Zombie Driver HD. I was hoping it would be on sale (normal version has been delisted from Steam Store) and was playing the demo last night. Having completed the original release, the demo for ZD HD was a bit surreal very similar but not quite as I remember. I was hoping for cheaper, and the demo made me feel that it hasn't been long enough since playing the original.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Felt obligated to grab something so I grabbed the Overlord complete pack for $4.99 cause I never played any of the games in thed series (didnt even realize there was 3 of them). Also considering Alice: MR, but may wait on that one to see if it goes even lower[/QUOTE]

[quote name='blehman']Anythoughts on the Overlord series and The Club? Was thinking of picking up both based on price.[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed Overlord/Raising Hell. You get to control a bunch of minions and cause havoc, "Sheepies!" It has surprisingly good/decent production values (I had low expectations). To be clear Raising Hell is an expansion to overlord that integrates into the base game (kinda like D2:LoD); it fixes some issues and adds some new areas. I haven't gotten far into Overlord 2 yet.

[quote name='MC Kage']Yeah nothing is really interesting me game+price-wise. Only Dead Rising 2 at $7.50, did anyone bite on that? and Limbo - which I'm assuming will be in an Indie bundle sometime, or at least has been. Basically, is it a good time to get it or should I wait for a bundle.[/QUOTE]

It was in Humble-5 back in June.

[quote name='blehman']Anythoughts on the Overlord series and The Club? Was thinking of picking up both based on price.[/QUOTE]

Overlord is a very poor man's Pikmin. It has all the flaws of Pikmin and none of the charm.

I'm going to pick up Vampire but I'm going to wait until October 31 and see what Amazon has to offer.

Am I right to assume the deals we're seeing today are the same deals throughout the sale? As in no new deals in the next couple days?

[quote name='INCyr']Damn, was hoping for a better price on Alan Wake. Might still pick up Home, though.

If you are ok with Origin, Amazon with have DS1&2 for $7.50 on Halloween.

[quote name='Mooby']You can probably get away with base Overlord for $1.50. The expansion doesn't really add anything great nor does the sequel introduce any new or compelling gameplay mechanics. And I personally think the engine is worse. If you find yourself enthralled with it those games go on sale for 75% or more every major sale (so, you can pick them up in Nov/Dec). Of course you'd end up paying more by not getting the bundle but... again... that's only in the rare instance you find yourself wanting more past the first game.

That's anyone's guess but, imo, if you've waited this long just wait until the Holiday sale and see if it dips to 75% off.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input. I think I'll go with your suggestion and try the first one for now. I know it's not a big price difference between getting that and the whole set, but I that difference can be used to get another great game. Not sure what Amazon has coming up, so I'll want to save every dollar I can.

[quote name='MC Kage']Dead Rising 2: Off the Record - why's it rated so much lower? ain't it essentially the same game w/ improvements & more?[/QUOTE]

Retrospectively, when you can look at them now and get them for similar prices, yes.

At the time it was another example of Capcom releasing full price expansion content on disc that could easily have been a piece of DLC. I think that rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.

Home is in the current Indie Royale. You may want to check that bundle before springing for just Home.

[quote name='Cofresi']Prototype for $4.99 look good, i have already play the game on console, but any info about the PC version is welcome.[/QUOTE]
fuck Yeah!!!!!! I promised my boy I'd get Prototype as soon as it went 75% off!!!!
Wanted to buy Prototype 2 but he reminded me of my mantra, wait for 75% off. I guess 7 year olds do listen sometimes.

[quote name='sunasun']fuck Yeah!!!!!! I promised my boy I'd get Prototype as soon as it went 75% off!!!!
Wanted to buy Prototype 2 but he reminded me of my mantra, wait for 75% off. I guess 7 year olds do listen sometimes.[/QUOTE]

That's just because he knows he can get more games if you save more money :p

[quote name='Azuvidexus']So, The Walking Dead for $14.99. Yay or nay?[/QUOTE]

Depends. If you havent played any episodes and want to play it right away its a good deal. I played the first 2 on ps+ so i am holding out for lower for the last 3. It is alot of fun.

[quote name='lolwut?']Damn, Dead Space 1 and 2 for $4.99 each? If I didn't already own both on console I'd buy the fuck outta those.

Really wish there was a demo for Dead Rising 2 as I don't want to buy it and run into issues...[/QUOTE]

Well, as far as Dead Space is concerned, don't panic. They'll be this price for pretty much every major Steam sale here on in.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']If you know someone with an IGN discount on Gamersgate they can get you Walking Dead a little cheaper.[/QUOTE]

CheapLikeAFox is referring to me ;). I can get you The Walking Dead for $12.72

And done (helped Nintendokid54), Eldredpe can get the next person!

[quote name='sunghost']CheapLikeAFox is referring to me ;). I can get you The Walking Dead for $12.72[/QUOTE]

I can also do that.

And would do so gladly, because I like Blue Coins.

;)

Anyone have any experience using a pre-paid VISA to purchase things on Steam?

Tried to add/use one for a Left 4 Dead 2 four-pack last night. Attempted to complete the transaction, and I got an error that the billing address didn't match the card's records, tried re-entering everything again, and was denied a 2nd time for the same reason. To add insult to injury, I now seem to be missing ~$30 from the cards online balance, but of course I received no email receipt from Steam (plus no game added to my account) AND the transaction history for the weekend hasn't been updated (just the balance is displayed).

[quote name='BNoyes']I'm awfully tempted to pick up the Fallout GotY editions, but I have a feeling they'll be cheaper during the winter sale. Hard to hold off, though.

Anyway, I picked up:

Dark Fall: Lost Souls
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CoP + SoC
Scratches
Limbo
Lone Survivor[/QUOTE]
Damn, had to pick up Scratches Director's Cut. Woohoo

[quote name='Syntax Error']I'm playing through Alice: MR now and never played the first one. It's not as though there's a hard-to-follow story; you're traveling through a jacked-up version of Wonderland and piecing back memories of what happened the night your family died in a fire.

I have about 12-13 hours in the game and am maybe 50% done. This is because I spend more time exploding into a cloud of blue butterflies than I spend actually playing. Not voluntarily, mind you. I just suck :D[/QUOTE]
The butterflies kept me entertained for hours.
Now gonna go purchase the bread chalupa game everyone is talking about, tired of seeing it show when I search Steamgifts.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/107300/?snr=1_7_suggest__13

I picked up They Bleed Pixels, gonna try it out soon, will also probably pick up Muntant Blob Attacks also.
kinda tempted to pick up the new Painkiller but I got burned from the last one.

Only buy games during this sale if:

1. You must play it now!

2. It's 75% off or more.

3. The game doesn't have a sequel or DLC coming out soon that could lead to a price drop.

Besides, there is a good chance that they could be cheaper in about a month and 20 days.

[quote name='sunasun']fuck Yeah!!!!!! I promised my boy I'd get Prototype as soon as it went 75% off!!!!
Wanted to buy Prototype 2 but he reminded me of my mantra, wait for 75% off. I guess 7 year olds do listen sometimes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I couldn't believe it when I saw that either. Activision actually discounted Prototype by 75%? Impossible.

It was pretty low on my wishlist, but I had to pick it up while I could at $5. Lord knows when it'll see that price again.

I want to get Prototype but I can't talk myself into it. I had and beat it for the ps3, and while its $5, I just can't see it being close to the top of my backlog with all the other games waiting in line. But it also might not hit $5 again for a while. :/ I think I'll pass but I am a weak man. For now I am just going with Dracula Origin for now.

[quote name='Terlan']I want to get Prototype but I can't talk myself into it. I had and beat it for the ps3, and while its $5, I just can't see it being close to the top of my backlog with all the other games waiting in line. But it also might not hit $5 again for a while. :/ I think I'll pass but I am a weak man. For now I am just going with Dracula Origin for now.[/QUOTE]

skip that $5 footlong from subway or $5 coffee from starbucks and get it... That's usually what I do... Do it!!! If you are a true CAG

[quote name='Nintendokid54']skip that $5 footlong from subway or $5 coffee from starbucks and get it... That's usually what I do... Do it!!! If you are a true CAG[/QUOTE]
You're a terrible influence.

[quote name='Nintendokid54']skip that $5 footlong from subway or $5 coffee from starbucks and get it... That's usually what I do... Do it!!! If you are a true CAG[/QUOTE]
Tempting but nah. My backlog to big and I am actually trying to get through it. If it hits $5 during the winter I'll grab it then.

[quote name='Eldredpe']Retrospectively, when you can look at them now and get them for similar prices, yes.

At the time it was another example of Capcom releasing full price expansion content on disc that could easily have been a piece of DLC. I think that rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.[/QUOTE]

I don't even have the game yet, but I came to that realization and its already rubbing me the wrong way lol. Capcom...

Just got my GameTap $5 code. Now to decide on Hearthfire or Dead Island GOTY for $5!

I am tempted to pick up that Alice game. Looks interesting but never played the original. Saw some reviews but from a $60 game to a $5 game I am sure it would be worth it.

[quote name='Azuvidexus']So, The Walking Dead for $14.99. Yay or nay?[/QUOTE]

Yay,

It's pretty good, but it's kinda hard for me to say it's a good 'game' though. As side story goes, this is probably one of best iterations of a side story I have seen for any franchise. It is unique, yet follows the original franchise spirit closely. At times it even surpasses the tv show (and dare I say the comic). Due to the interactive nature I feel like I am more in-tuned with the characters, therefore the story having more gravity.

The problems I have with the game is that it really isn't a game. Although the game present you with hard choices, at the end of each chapter I kinda feel that those choices were rather superficial. However, The Walking Dead world kinda gives an excuse for lack of choices and the choices you make is quite clear (not as ambiguous as LA Noire). Also, on the gameplay side it's is pretty light.

If you're a fan of The Walking Dead story then pick this up immediately. If you are looking for an engaging adventure game.... then I suggest you look else where.

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']Anyone have any experience using a pre-paid VISA to purchase things on Steam?

Tried to add/use one for a Left 4 Dead 2 four-pack last night. Attempted to complete the transaction, and I got an error that the billing address didn't match the card's records, tried re-entering everything again, and was denied a 2nd time for the same reason. To add insult to injury, I now seem to be missing ~$30 from the cards online balance, but of course I received no email receipt from Steam (plus no game added to my account) AND the transaction history for the weekend hasn't been updated (just the balance is displayed).[/QUOTE]
I used one once, but it had directions to basically associate an address to the card on the visa website, if it was going to be used for online purchases.

[quote name='dejeckt']Yay,

It's pretty good, but it's kinda hard for me to say it's a good 'game' though. As side story goes, this is probably one of best iterations of a side story I have seen for any franchise. It is unique, yet follows the original franchise spirit closely. At times it even surpasses the tv show (and dare I say the comic). Due to the interactive nature I feel like I am more in-tuned with the characters, therefore the story having more gravity.

The problems I have with the game is that it really isn't a game. Although the game present you with hard choices, at the end of each chapter I kinda feel that those choices were rather superficial. However, The Walking Dead world kinda gives an excuse for lack of choices and the choices you make is quite clear (not as ambiguous as LA Noire). Also, on the gameplay side it's is pretty light.

If you're a fan of The Walking Dead story then pick this up immediately. If you are looking for an engaging adventure game.... then I suggest you look else where.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I just finished episode 2 but it seems to just be a very engaging story. Fan of the comics and watched the first season of the TV show. Game wise, it is an adventure game. The thing is that you may say or do something expecting one outcome but get something else.

[quote name='dejeckt']Yay,

If you're a fan of The Walking Dead story then pick this up immediately. If you are looking for an engaging adventure game.... then I suggest you look else where.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. That's the essence of a classic adventure game. You are essentially doing x, y, z, but they are just vehicles for you to get the story. I mean most point and click adventure games you solve puzzles and follow the story. TWD is just like that. Not sure why some people feel it is not as much of a game as other adventure games.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I disagree. That's the essence of a classic adventure game. You are essentially doing x, y, z, but they are just vehicles for you to get the story. I mean most point and click adventure games you solve puzzles and follow the story. TWD is just like that. Not sure why some people feel it is not as much of a game as other adventure games.[/QUOTE]

Some people are not used to traditional "adventure" games and just want to shoot zombies. Honestly, action games could take more cues from adventure games and the way they handle story. So tired of the "silent hero". Voice acting is excellent too.

[quote name='MC Kage']Yeah nothing is really interesting me game+price-wise. Only Dead Rising 2 at $7.50, did anyone bite on that? [/QUOTE]

Yep, been waiting a couple of years for this deal.

[quote name='snakemaster2389']
kinda tempted to pick up the new Painkiller but I got burned from the last one.[/QUOTE]

PK Black is all you need unless you're just a diehard PK fan and must have everything with the PK name (and that's about all it is) on it.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Only buy games during this sale if:

1. You must play it now!

2. It's 75% off or more.

3. The game doesn't have a sequel or DLC coming out soon that could lead to a price drop.

Besides, there is a good chance that they could be cheaper in about a month and 20 days.[/QUOTE]

Quoted for truth! Be strong, CAGs. I know it's been months since the Summer Sale and that front page looks so sexy with all those sale prices on it, but BF and Winter Sales are coming and the discounts should be better!

[quote name='bingbangboom']I am tempted to pick up that Alice game. Looks interesting but never played the original. Saw some reviews but from a $60 game to a $5 game I am sure it would be worth it.[/QUOTE]

Alice is a good buy for $5. Cool art, decent story, long (maybe too long) game, pretty good gameplay.

[quote name='louiedog']Why isn't Bully on sale? They packed some really good Halloween into that game. I should have picked it up last time.[/QUOTE]

Very true.

[quote name='The End']Yeah, I couldn't believe it when I saw that either. Activision actually discounted Prototype by 75%? Impossible.

It was pretty low on my wishlist, but I had to pick it up while I could at $5. Lord knows when it'll see that price again.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the rarity of the discount is probably gonna put me over the edge. And then it gets thrown on the backlog.

I went to my wishlist for the first time in months and manually deleted about 7 games that I'd bought from other sources—Skyrim from Best Buy, RAGE from Newegg, bundle games... man. You'd think they would at least put a button on that page that could check against the Library and remove them all in one swell foop.

edit: and to add to EDJ's and hal's comments, gotta weigh the bundle factor too.

[quote name='bingbangboom']I am tempted to pick up that Alice game. Looks interesting but never played the original. Saw some reviews but from a $60 game to a $5 game I am sure it would be worth it.[/QUOTE]

I found it charming. It has awesome visuals and is a decent combat 3D platformer to boot. Not to mention, a great story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back