The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
some days ago I found there is a new Castle of Illusion game. Top of my wishlist. I'll buy a copy for my kids too. Good memories

Ummm...

7.2 MB patch released for Dark Souls PTD PC tonight.

From what I'm reading on GAF, this silent patch kills/interferes w/ the framerate-unlocker mod for 60 FPS.

So, yeah - you might have to stick w/ 30 FPS for this game just to keep Dark Souls w/ DSFix running for now.

Since I have always kept this game working at 30 FPS - game still works on my end here.

Also, from my experience w/ this game: if you get major framerate dips, especially w/ bosses and areas/ w lots of special effects - TURN OFF SSAO features w/ DSFIX.

SSAO is a framerate killer - and this was what was often knocking my frames in 1/2 (to 15 FPS) or even lower in some instances. Turning off SSAO caused this problem to, more or less, go away - and keep the game around the 25-30 FPS ballpark.

Isn't the Agarest War series one of those shitty hypersexual, fantasy-style dating sim RPGs? Or was that just Record of Agarest War?

Rhetorical question, btdubs.

[customspoiler=Agarest Mai Waifu Lonely Edition][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgOOPUj0lwo[/youtube][/customspoiler]

Isn't the Agarest War series one of those shitty hypersexual, fantasy-style dating sim RPGs? Or was that just Record of Agarest War?

[customspoiler=Agarest Mai Waifu Lonely Edition][youtube]http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgOOPUj0lwo[/youtube][/customspoiler]

LOL at the ESRB disclaimer, do they even watch these trailers?

[customspoiler=Agarest Mai Waifu Lonely Edition][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgOOPUj0lwo[/youtube][/customspoiler]
I feel like you were trying to show me why that game is a terrible thing, but that trailer had such a knowing "wink wink" thing going on that I'm more interested than I was before.

Free GAT V pack for Saints Row 4, today only.

Don't need GTAV when we got GAT V.

For those who don't own SR4 yet, just hit install game, it'll be added to your account and the content will be there when you get the game in the Humble Saints Row Bundle.
Thanks for pointing that out! Now to wait for that Saints Row Bundle . . .

So I haven't been playing my Steam games because of Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX, and now I cut that short to play GTAV.

New Bundle in a Box should be going live today.. the Indie RPG Bundle.

PWYW:
- Unemployment Quest (+Desura)
- The Siege of the Necromancer (+Desura)
- Hack, Slash, Loot (+Desura, +Steam)
- Styrateg (+Desura)
- Inaria
- Dungeon Fray (+Desura)
- Empires and Dungeons 2
- Frayed Knights: The Skull of S'makh-Daon (+Desura)

BTA:
- Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land
- The Wizard from Tarnath Tor (+Desura)
- Northmark: Hour of the Wolf
- The Wizard's Lair (+Desura)
- Telepath RPG: Servants of God

http://kyttarogames.com/press/sheet.php?p=bundle_in_a_box_indie_RPG_bundle

Got the info about the contents of the bundle from Leroux over on GOG.

I might chip in $1 as I've always wanted to try Frayed Nights but I doubt any of the games listed -- aside from HSL which is already on Steam (and terrible) will get Greenlit.  Some have already been languishing for over a year.

Should check again, they're probably all touch "enhanced" versions for the surface tablet ;)

Nope.

former.jpg

After all the crankypants over Phil Fish I wasn't sure what I'd think about Fez, but I played two hours over the weekend and had a lot of fun. Easy-going non-linear platform about collecting McGuffins in a vast world.  I think I've only scratched the surface though -- is there a way to translate the codes on the walls? Some of the puzzles are unexpectedly hard.

HL4 will probably be released before HL3. ;)
If you mean the next four times Earth's population is reduced by 50% then it's still debatable.

If "HL4" is some kind of nefarious chemical agent meant to be sprayed among the innocent then the answer is absolutely 100% yes.

Shit

So the men are the uncensored ones?

wat u talkin bout mooby. i c no typo ;)
You need to shut six eyes and focus. You also need to shut your goddamn mouth when Mooby says words.

tumblr_m87h6k9nPM1ryfrfko1_500.gif

New Bundle in a Box should be going live today.. the Indie RPG Bundle.

PWYW:
- Unemployment Quest (+Desura)
- The Siege of the Necromancer (+Desura)
- Hack, Slash, Loot (+Desura, +Steam)
- Styrateg (+Desura)
- Inaria
- Dungeon Fray (+Desura)
- Empires and Dungeons 2
- Frayed Knights: The Skull of S'makh-Daon (+Desura)

BTA:
- Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land
- The Wizard from Tarnath Tor (+Desura)
- Northmark: Hour of the Wolf
- The Wizard's Lair (+Desura)
- Telepath RPG: Servants of God

http://kyttarogames.com/press/sheet.php?p=bundle_in_a_box_indie_RPG_bundle

Got the info about the contents of the bundle from Leroux over on GOG.
Looks nice. I've been eyeing Frayed Knights for a while. I got Northmark the other day from IndieGameStand and Telepath RPG from a Gamersgate bundle, but I'm not familiar with some of these.

Also, cross-posting from GMG:

Just a heads-up on GMG's current sale: the 20% voucher (GMG20-8MUTY-M21VN) stacks with the sale prices for Sang Froid and Mark Leung: Revenge of the Bitch, making them the cheapest I've seen them to date ($4.09 and $2.59, respectively).

I've been curious about the Mark Leung game so I picked it up at that price as I don't see it getting bundled any time soon. SF might but I'm sure it'll eventually get a 75% off sale on Steam. For the curious, the price above is $0.46 more than what you'd pay for a 75% off sale on Sang Froid, so it's not a bad deal. ML is a direct download and SF is a Steam key.

Rumors are going around about Monaco and Gunpoint being the bonuses for the Humble bundle. Between that and the Focus Humble sale, I'm going to be adding way too many games to Steam in the next couple days.

Note to self: Never buy a Focus Home game unless it's bundled.

Focus Humble Bundle 1

Divinity II

RAW Realms of Ancient War

Game of Thrones

Confrontation

Cities XL 2012

Blood Bowl LE

Focus Humble Bundle 1 BTA

Testament of Sherlock Holmes

Wargame European Escalation + DLC
I just bought a Steam copy of GoT a couple of weeks ago and Wargame:EE last week. :drool:

Oh well, no need to BTA on this one and it'll give me a chance to pick up Confrontation and Cities XL on the cheap.

Great bundle for the real cheapasses though.

Rumors are going around about Monaco and Gunpoint being the bonuses for the Humble bundle. Between that and the Focus Humble sale, I'm going to be adding way too many games to Steam in the next couple days.
That would be great. Gunpoint alone would justify my BTA on this one.

I might chip in $1 as I've always wanted to try Frayed Nights but I doubt any of the games listed -- aside from HSL which is already on Steam (and terrible) will get Greenlit. Some have already been languishing for over a year.
Ah, but Greenlight is changing. That 100-game add a few weeks back was a beta of sorts for a sort of Steam self publishing. That should mean it's much easier for most of these games to get on Steam.

[quote name="spoderman" post="11067346" timestamp="1379423039"]

Focus Humble Bundle 1

Divinity II
Game of Thrones
Confrontation
Cities XL 2012
Blood Bowl LE

Wargame European Escalation + DLC[/quote]
I bought Wargame for $4 some time ago, but no DLC. If BTA is around $3 I'll pay.

Already have divinity 2 (great game!). Which GoT game it will be? Please not the TD one...

EDIT: Is not :)

EDIT 2: ninja'd

Focus Humble Bundle 1

Divinity II

Game of Thrones

Confrontation

Cities XL 2012

Blood Bowl LE

lol wargame i brough for 8.something i already regret buying it for lost for 4 bucks so no loss now if airlandbattle i would be piss. i go for 1 buck then tho fuck u humble bundle u evil people and citlyl xl 2012 really reallly only ohave blood bowl le but now i have got the other got gensis and ddlc and the rest divinty llater bahah. screw ea and focus for their evilness

Focus Humble Bundle 1

Divinity II

Game of Thrones

Confrontation

Cities XL 2012

Blood Bowl LE

Looking at these DB entries, all the games in 1 are also in 1 BTA. So if you're planning on beating the average (Will it actually be an average since the title says BTA?) and feeling generous come Thursday (assuming it's this week's), buy in at a buck, record your key, then increase your order to get the second key. Once you've confirmed you get all the games with the BTA code, make someone's day and give the firstborn away.

I bought Wargame for $4 some time ago, but no DLC. If BTA is around $3 I'll pay. Already have divinity 2 (great game!). Which GoT game it will be? Please not the TD one... EDIT: Is not :) EDIT 2: ninja'd
Actually all the Wargame DLCs are free. That's one of the nice things about this dev. The only other dev I know that only releases free DLCs is CD Projekt Red.

Focus Humble Bundle 1

Divinity II

Game of Thrones

Confrontation

Cities XL 2012

Blood Bowl LE

Although I'm directly quoting you I'm not specifically addressing you, Poter.

This is it, man.

If you gripe about whatever big bundle succeeds this one, you will be mocked and relentlessly reminded that you played yourself.

What do doctors do to the poor in the US? They deny patients (patience) and that's what you are doing to yourself.

That makes you a dick by association.

Are you saying you'd be pissed or would you literally turn into urine? :whistle2:&
nope mad lol and man im not angry for now except need to add lmore games to wish list thank you focus for being evil blah. but none of it i want but for 1buck to add more games ugh idk maybe i dont buy maybei buy i odntk now help mysterd or mnj what to dod baha. 1 buck includes finishing up dlc and stuff lol

Looking at these DB entries, all the games in 1 are also in 1 BTA. So if you're planning on beating the average (Will it actually be an average since the title says BTA?) and feeling generous come Thursday (assuming it's this week's), buy in at a buck, record your key, then increase your order to get the second key. Once you've confirmed you get all the games with the BTA code, make someone's day and give the firstborn away.
:applause:

Actually all the Wargame DLCs are free. That's one of the nice things about this dev. The only other dev I know that only releases free DLCs is CD Projekt Red.

I just looked and I even redeemed those DLCs back then... LOL

That's a lesson: I should play some of my games sometime.

Speaking of cheapass bundle, anybody know what happens if you buy the Bundle in a Box for under $1.99?   It doesn't react to me putting $1 like humble or gala do when you are under the average, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back