The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I played Final Fantasy 7 all the way through maybe 6 or 7 times in my life.

4 times on my actual Playstation (back when it was the only game I owned, not counting fighting games)

1 time on PS2, just because I felt like playing it again

1 time on the ePSXe emulator, because of all the enhanced graphics settings

and 1 last time on my PSP.

I imagine Ill be playing it 1 more time after it gets a decent sale price on steam.

Thats probably the most times I've played-though any single game.

(loot drop games like BL+Diablos don't count)

I played Final Fantasy 7 all the way through maybe 6 or 7 times in my life.

4 times on my actual Playstation (back when it was the only game I owned, not counting fighting games)

1 time on PS2, just because I felt like playing it again

1 time on the ePSXe emulator, because of all the enhanced graphics settings

and 1 last time on my PSP.

I imagine Ill be playing it 1 more time after it gets a decent sale price on steam.

Thats probably the most times I've played-though any single game.

(loot drop games like BL+Diablos don't count)
I've played through EVERY ending & its minor variants in Shadow of Destiny PC.

I've played through Vampire: Bloodlines at least 2 times - I have done multiple unfinished characters as other classes (Malkavian!).

Been through Bioshock 1 twice (for both endings).

I know I've started 2nd play-throughs on these games, but never finished playthrough #2 on - Planescape: Torment & Mass Effect 2 (as Fem Shep that time).

Maybe something in a current bundle was penciled in for 8/18? How far in advance are deals scheduled?
Because games that are currently in bundles have NEVER been the daily deal (for more than the bundle) at the same time. ;)

No daily is sort of strange when you have developers begging for their games to be spotlight/feature sales.

Truth is the daily deal is actually randomly generated, and today Dragon Age II's Steam ID came up, so the daily deal sits vacant.

Pity, too, since it would have been 85% off otherwise.

re: no DotD

Honestly, I think it was a system hiccup and it's a Sunday and nice sunny day in Seattle as the summer is winding down before we get back to 9 months of rain again and no one who works at Valve can be bothered to check or fix it today.

Similar projects and many other large scale grandiose mods and TCs were never completed even after years. I'm sorry but if I had a dime for every Elder Scrolls mod that gets announced with much fanfare and ooh ahh screenshots and such but never gets done, well I would be buying games at full price.

Hell, I would be Scrooge McDuck from Ducktales. Yes Ducktales. Did you hear that Woodlands? Ducktales. Did I mention Ducktales?

Finished full featured playable download or GTFO.

Because games that are currently in bundles have NEVER been the daily deal (for more than the bundle) at the same time. ;)

When?

Why would Valve set up Steam's customer "service" to face potential outrage when they can't seem to handle an average day's trickle of complaints?

I'm not seeing anything right now but I'm not an outstanding Googler.

Why did the hammer hit him?
He referenced the mods with a picture of "l'il Hitler".

[customspoiler= So... ]
tumblr_mczszucttq1r4dujv.gif
[/customspoiler]

When?

Why would Valve set up Steam's customer "service" to face potential outrage when they can't seem to handle an average day's trickle of complaints?

I'm not seeing anything right now but I'm not an outstanding Googler.
I'm not sure about indie bundles, but it happens frequently with Amazon bundles.

I'm not sure about indie bundles, but it happens frequently with Amazon bundles.

My mistake. I only think of indie bundles when discussing "bundles." Humble, Groupees, and the rest.

I want to learn about these screwjobs.

I feel like it has happened with indie bundles one one or two occasions, though I couldn't tell you which or when.  I just remember massive eye-rolling in this thread followed by others justifying it as devs trying to catch the people who aren't familiar with the bundle sites.

And then there was the Kaptain Brawe situation that prompted its removal from Be Mine 4 since there was either developer greed or a miscommunication on Groupees' part.

A Back to School Sale would actually make a lot of sense, considering all the parents who can play some games now that the kids out of the house.

Nice find. There are 8 cards/4 drops for Go Home Dinosaurs and the card prices are pretty good. If you're lucky and don't lowball your card prices, you should get about $1-$1.25.

I thought that was pretty slick, too, until I saw the pace at which its cards are selling. :drool:

It's viable at 4 AM lol (20 hours ago) 6 sold at $0.33 for one of the cards. Many others that sold were drastic undercuts or suspiciously sold for more than the minimum.

Very nice find regardless.

People aren't posting tips lately: Louiedog has an aerosol hangover some days, MustardNannyTwirl is lazy and Foxxxx & Spoder have passed. Fox wolfed down Spoder, so that's what befell that asshole. Fox later succumbed to massive quantities of venom in an apparent murder-suicide. He and his grandmother will be missed.

Decorum and austerity significantly increase usefulness in this thread.

People aren't posting tips lately: Louiedog sleeps-in some days, MustardNannyTwirl is lazy, Foxxxx and Spoder are dead, etc.

I saw it, but didn't really think it was note worthy. For one Slam Bolt Scrappers was in a Groupees bundle, so most probably have it, and Go Home Dinos has been cheaper on it's own.

And it was Sunday, so I'm allowed to be lazy... :drool:

Just lock them up under the stairs... works year round.
TV-pets---Spot--Munsters-jpg_1351090794465_316909_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

better have that alibi

tumblr_majjqhA3B11qc1sduo1_500.jpg

I saw it, but didn't really think it was note worthy. For one Slam Bolt Scrappers was in a Groupees bundle, so most probably have it, and Go Home Dinos has been cheaper on it's own.

And it was Sunday, so I'm allowed to be lazy... :drool:

Nah, you're like a war veteran or a made man at this point.

I was hunting around for the missing Daily Deal and found this:

Weeklong Deal:

Slam Bolt Scrappers & Go Home Dinosaurs! -75% $14.99 $3.74 (cards for GHD)

Ends August 26th
Not bad. Slam Bolt Scrappers is a nice little head-to-head action Tetris inspired puzzle game (no online play, though), and Go Home Dinosaurs is supposed to be a pretty solid tower defense. With the card money back, if you want both games and happened to miss SBS when it was in a Groupees, I'd recommend the pack.

Not bad. Slam Bolt Scrappers is a nice little head-to-head action Tetris inspired puzzle game (no online play, though), and Go Home Dinosaurs is supposed to be a pretty solid tower defense. With the card money back, if you want both games and happened to miss SBS when it was in a Groupees, I'd recommend the pack.

GHD is alright. I liked it a lot at first, but after a while it became pretty obvious it was a basic iOS game to start.

It has some cool ideas like the towers fitting into the board in tetris like shapes, but then theres stuff like the fact you can't remove towers and that you are often force to rely on a specific loadout do to the scarcity of coconuts (those 8 coconut cards can go screw themselves). Not being able to upgrade your towers also makes it feel like an overly simplified version of TD (maybe intentional, but I got bored after a short while because of it). There is also a rather big difficulty spike early on, which I found annoying.

That said it is still a fun game with a lot of charm, and I can see most people enjoying it for at least the first world (it doesn't have the greatest staying power). If you only have a cursory interest in TD games though or dislike high pitched animals making pop culture references on the side, you probably won't get much out of it (aside from the cardz obviously ;) ).

TV-pets---Spot--Munsters-jpg_1351090794465_316909_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

better have that alibi

tumblr_majjqhA3B11qc1sduo1_500.jpg

Nah, you're like a war veteran or a made man at this point.
llol mind link

I thought that was pretty slick, too, until I saw the pace at which its cards are selling. :drool:

It's viable at 4 AM lol (20 hours ago) 6 sold at $0.33 for one of the cards. Many others that sold were drastic undercuts or suspiciously sold for more than the minimum.

Very nice find regardless.

People aren't posting tips lately: Louiedog sleeps-in some days, MustardNannyTwirl is lazy, Foxxxx and Spoder are dead, etc.

fox got zombifeid spoder got xenofied mustard gone wild louie dog is prototype the new breed of humans so he saving the world

I'm new to CAGS and was wondering where do I post things like, I have an extra copy of Rome 2 Gift for Steam that I'm trying to get rid of for $40 or extra copy of The Bureau Gift that I'm also trying to get rid of for $35?

Thanks for the heads up, but that's not a good sale.
I'm not surprised -- GGG isn't exactly known for awesome sales. But I'm not a Sonic fan to have a reference for other packs/sales so thought I'd at least toss it out to be judged.

And it was found... wanting. But not wanted. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back