The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just me or are cards dropping incredibly slowly. Figured I'd go back and actually play Mark of the Ninja for awhile instead of just idling, and in the last hour I've had a whopping 1 of my 5 drops happen. Orcs Must Die 2 only dropped 2 cards in over 2 hours of idling earlier tonight. Not even trying to multi-idle at this point since it never seemed to get me any cards anyways. I had all my Tomb Raider Dust and Euro Truck cards in under 2 hours of play last week so things are seeming dramatically slower, wouldn't think it's related to post sale adjustments, but maybe.
I've found that I get card drops quicker if I have restarted Steam recently. You could give it a try or it just may be a coincidence

Regarding the unasked question, "Is Nucular Dawn still active?" There is currently one populated server that has 15 players.

Don't think i'm even going to bother idling for these.
large_George-W-Bush-Oct11-01-Legacy.jpg

I'm using them as backlog suggestion devices.

It's an inexact science though...
Mcpixel is the worst game in my library by far. Granted, I haven't played all my games, but it is just trash. Want to know why the community votes in the sales are always head scratching? The same idiots that vote in them made Mcpixel one of the first games greenlit.

Is it just me or are cards dropping incredibly slowly. Figured I'd go back and actually play Mark of the Ninja for awhile instead of just idling, and in the last hour I've had a whopping 1 of my 5 drops happen. Orcs Must Die 2 only dropped 2 cards in over 2 hours of idling earlier tonight. Not even trying to multi-idle at this point since it never seemed to get me any cards anyways. I had all my Tomb Raider Dust and Euro Truck cards in under 2 hours of play last week so things are seeming dramatically slower, wouldn't think it's related to post sale adjustments, but maybe.
An hour a drop is pretty common, sadly. It sucks, but it happens a lot. I've had 2 hour drops before...

I've found that I get card drops quicker if I have restarted Steam recently. You could give it a try or it just may be a coincidence
Not really, I've done this many times with not much success.

So I was playing Call of Juarez Gunslinger and I got a card. Didn't know there were cardzz for gunslinger now. awesome!!

Huge Steam Sale summary infographic:

2bKMTtn.jpg
Why it becomes all stretched like that, I don't know.

Huge Steam Sale summary infographic:

2bKMTtn.jpg
Why it becomes all stretched like that, I don't know.
It's too long for the website to display. They also misspelled "dominant." Michael Angelo Batio is shaking both fists at them while playing a guitar with his back hair right now.

Mcpixel is the worst game in my library by far. Granted, I haven't played all my games, but it is just trash. Want to know why the community votes in the sales are always head scratching? The same idiots that vote in them made Mcpixel one of the first games greenlit.
I actually liked Mcpixel. Sure it's stupid but I still found it pretty amusing.

Yep, problem is most of these cards are already crashed to maybe 10-15 cents. And while it would be nice to pick up a few bucks selling 30+ I'm only about 50 sales from the tax limit. Anyway, doesn't seem like many people are buying right now, just a surge of people undercutting each other.

You're butter than that, Mooby.

$2 for 8 cards and I priced 'em to moo because I dislike frequently relisting.

It seems like ~ halfway through the sale is when it started dropping 1 per hour. :oldman: :oldman: <---------------- my balls

They had a greenlight campaign where they gave the game away for free if you voted for them, if I recall correctly. Needless to say, they won the greenlight process by using alternative means, to be sure.

CARDSZZZZ!!!

[long card list]
I think this is the point at which I just start collecting cards purely to sell or trade, and only craft badges for games that I actually like.

The vast majority of McPixel's appeal (or lack thereof) lies with its kind of humour. Without the right sense of humour, there's nothing to make the game worth playing because the gameplay (which can be likened to a very basic time-constricted hidden object game with few objects and puzzles) is so simplistic... with it, you should enjoy the game for the extended joke that it is.

I actually liked Mcpixel. Sure it's stupid but I still found it pretty amusing.
So do I. I've completed three of the chapters to 100%. The only thing that I don't enjoy is how some of the animations become quite repetitive when you're going through all the combinations for 100%.

They had a greenlight campaign where they gave the game away for free if you voted for them, if I recall correctly. Needless to say, they won the greenlight process by using alternative means, to be sure.
PWYW and a torrent. I can't remember what the minimum payment was (I paid $1.23 iirc.)

You're butter than that, Mooby.

$2 for 8 cards and I priced 'em to moo because I dislike frequently relisting.
Depends on the game, I guess, but at least 3/4th of the ones released today have either been in bundles or dirt cheap. Pretty much all of the ones I've seen topped out at 20ish cents. For the pricier games, well... no one is even buying Conquistador cards yet. Just a few people undercutting who have driven the prices to 50 cents.

It was a penny.

That's about as much as I'd ever give Sos Sosowski, anyway, after his stunt in the Because We May campaign where he rebelled against "the man" by listing his game Super Office Stress at $300. It was so cool I had to pull out my alpaca fur scarf hand-woven by Nepalese lepers and sip some Horchata to get the feeling back in my gloved hands with rainbow-colored fingers. And guess who's giving a part of his earnings to GabeN for having his game on Steam now? That's right, Sos Hypocritowski.

Also, I love how everyone raged about how great the game was in September of last year. Kongregate has better flash games than McPixel. Lowest point of Steam Greenlight so far.

pyramid_zpsf3e76c4f.png

220px-Re-Horakhty.svg.png

I have to explain this awesome situation just in case. Sol (sun) + Pyramid = Ra the Egyptian god of the sun. Yes.

Depends on the game, I guess, but at least 3/4th of the ones released today have either been in bundles or dirt cheap. Pretty much all of the ones I've seen topped out at 20ish cents. For the pricier games, well... no one is even buying Conquistador cards yet. Just a few people undercutting who have driven the prices to 50 cents.

Good point.

For posterity (ladies mostly), the eight cards I sold for $2 include five DF: Lost Souls and three Postal 2s.

And also depends how early you got cards.  Most Sol Survivor stuff is now 10-20.  I made the 'mistake' of going for Conquistador thinking people would actually buy them around $1 while other markets crashed.  WHAT HAVE I DONE!?!

And also depends how early you got cards. Most Sol Survivor stuff is now 10-20. I made the 'mistake' of going for Conquistador thinking people would actually buy them around $1 while other markets crashed. WHAT HAVE I DONE!?!
Yep, you idled the wrong stuff. Just sold my Anna cards for about $.50 per common. Got a Zack Zero booster the other day and opened it in hopes of finding a foil, but no luck; I was able to sell them for about $.50 too, however. UT2K4 cards are still in that range as well.

That's about as much as I'd ever give Sos Sosowski, anyway, after his stunt in the Because We May campaign where he rebelled against "the man" by listing his game Super Office Stress at $300.
I don't see why someone would take offence to that. It was an odd (maybe even stupid) move, but it's hardly him giving anyone a big "fuck you!"

Yep, you idled the wrong stuff. Just sold my Anna cards for about $.50 per common. Got a Zack Zero booster the other day and opened it in hopes of finding a foil, but no luck; I was able to sell them for about $.50 too, however. UT2K4 cards are still in that range as well.
I have more taste than to own Anna, good sir.

Obligatory mention of this being my first post in a new thread. Woot.

Edit: I just got a Secret of the Magic Crystals foil. Cardship is magic.

Day of defeat: Source seems like a stretch too :p how many people really bought that (I did because vale complete. (I also thought postal 2 was portal 2 XP)
This was the one and only game I won during the Winter Coal Drive. Glad it's finally getting me... something.

Imagine how someone who owns EVERY game on Steam feels, once they see a list of games get cards...
That someone who owns every game on Steam is the one buying the first five of every card that appears on the market in order to be the first the reach New Maximum Level. Idle games for cards? Ain't no one got time for dat!

I don't see why someone would take offence to that. It was an odd (maybe even stupid) move, but it's hardly him giving anyone a big "fuck you!"
No, the "fuck you" to the industry happened when he let people pirate his game for free to get Greenlit. You can all wax about how "scene"/"avant-garde" he was for doing such a "hip" thing, but it was actually very low. I personally feel the same way about his idea to list his game for such an outrageous amount while participating in a protest of third-party clients like Steam; indie devs were trying to sell their games independently without having to follow rules and paying other companies a portion of their sales, and he undermines that with a price nobody in their right mind would pay. It struck me as more of a mockery than a statement, not to mention that he kind of stole the limelight from deserving developers (pretty sure Reus was part of that before it went on Steam). And even if some hipsters found his "bold statement" worthy of $300 and bought the game, he definitely didn't use the proceeds to fund McPixel. I honestly give him zero respect, although I still dislike Fez more and think Fish is a bigger douche.

I have more taste than to own Anna, good sir.

Hey, it was in a bundle... (Bundle of the Damned)

No, the "fuck you" to the industry happened when he let people pirate his game for free to get Greenlit. You can all wax about how "scene"/"avant-garde" he was for doing such a "hip" thing, but it was actually very low. I personally feel the same way about his idea to list his game for such an outrageous amount while participating in a protest of third-party clients like Steam; indie devs were trying to sell their games independently without having to follow rules and paying other companies a portion of their sales, and he undermines that with a price nobody in their right mind would pay. It struck me as more of a mockery than a statement, not to mention that he kind of stole the limelight from deserving developers (pretty sure Reus was part of that before it went on Steam). And even if some hipsters found his "bold statement" worthy of $300 and bought the game, he definitely didn't use the proceeds to fund McPixel. I honestly give him zero respect, although I still dislike Fez more and think Fish is a bigger douche.
What-kind-of-person-even-thinks-these-things-up_o_137289.jpg

PAYDAY cards just added.

And for those saying you have issues with SAM not dropping cards . . . occasionally close a game. Or maybe start an actual game, play for a little, then close it. I think it may some how cache how much time, but not drop the cards, because Steam thinks you are grinding? And by playing and then stopping a game it might some how trick it. Dunno, just found it odd when I started doing that I suddenly got drops very quickly and regularly.

The market crashed fast on dark fall went to bed with it around 75 cents a card woke up to them being 10 cents a card, 4 hours later.

The market crashed fast on dark souls went to bed with it around 75 cents a card woke up to them being 10 cents a card, 4 hours later.
The whole card thing has been tough to wrap my brain around. I don't really know what to do with the cards. At first I started just selling some doubles and then everything crashed so I stopped selling. During the sale I decided to craft a couple badges for the hell of it just to see what happens. Turns out that crafting badges is a colossal waste. I kind of like the way it looks on my badge page having all the cards in a set. I definitely like the way having a full set of cards looks a lot more then a crappy little badge.

I was going to just wait and see if the market recovers at all but by the looks of things it seems like the best time to sell is immediately after a game gets cards. If you wait much longer the cards seem to plummet in value. I can't decide if it's better to just sell everything immediately, hang on to them in hopes of their value rising to sell later, or keep all of the cards just in case Valve actually comes up with a cool use for them. Right now I think the hoarder in me is beating out the cheap ass in me "just in case".

I kind of like the way it looks on my badge page having all the cards in a set. I definitely like the way having a full set of cards looks a lot more then a crappy little badge.
Did you know you can still view the cards after you craft the badge? Just click them and the full size image appears. Or did you mean that you want the main page or subpage, for them not to be darkened?

Did you know you can still view the cards after you craft the badge? Just click them and the full size image appears. Or did you mean that you want the main page or subpage, for them not to be darkened?
Not be darkened. I know it's pretty stupid since literally no one else besides me will see it. Still though I kind of like the way it looks.

Wow, lots of new games with cards since I last checked this thread.  With cards not being worth what they were in beta, I've quit bothering to idle games just for cards, and now just pick a game to play, and if it has cards, great.  I guess now that Eversion has cards I'll try getting the last 2 achievements for it just to have something to do while getting them, though, since I actually just beat that game Saturday.

That's a rather sinister development...

Though they're going to have to do something like that to boost the value of the cards, I'm going to rage if this takes off too far in the wrong direction. It could easily turn from a "reward" for collecting to yet another form of DLC.

That's a rather sinister development...

Though they're going to have to do something like that to boost the value of the cards, I'm going to rage if this takes off too far in the wrong direction. It could easily turn from a "reward" for collecting to yet another form of DLC.
That's what I fear, want a unique gun/mission/piece of dlc better craft a foil badge then or get rank 5, though it may help the cards values I feel its the wrong way to take them. Though with developers getting a 1% cut from card sells I bet badges unlocking dlc will become more common.

It does make this stuff more significant like some CAGs want.
That's true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back