The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
This is probably the ultimate. This is a very solid reliable choice. This one's decent and won't break the bank. :)

I've personally used the G27, excellent wheel.
Lordy, Lordy... there's no such thing as a cheap steering wheel, is there? Even looking at eBay and stuff, you're dropping $50+ on the cheapest wheels. I can't spend $4.50 on a game and then over 10x that on a fancy controller for it. What if I duct tape my mouse into one of those plastic Wii knock-off steering wheels from the dollar store?

Lordy, Lordy... there's no such thing as a cheap steering wheel, is there? Even looking at eBay and stuff, you're dropping $50+ on the cheapest wheels. I can't spend $4.50 on a game and then over 10x time that on a fancy controller for it. What if I duct tape my mouse into one of those plastic Wii knock-off steering wheels from the dollar store?
Goodwheel will get you everywhere if you're lucky

I prefer the Emperor MS.

UWBfYCE.png

Oh Spoder... :p

In all seriousness, I really like that U shaped Microsoft wireless wheel though I don't have Euro 2 so no clue how it works with that. Works great with Rig n Roll and a bunch of other games like Big Mutha' Truckers 2: Truck Me Harder.

Actually I don't own that game either, I just wanted an excuse to say Big Mutha' Truckers 2: Truck Me Harder.

I can't let a zombie game discussion go by without mentioning Nation Red. That's a quality top-down horde shooter, proudly featuring zombies. 

Lordy, Lordy... there's no such thing as a cheap steering wheel, is there? Even looking at eBay and stuff, you're dropping $50+ on the cheapest wheels. I can't spend $4.50 on a game and then over 10x that on a fancy controller for it. What if I duct tape my mouse into one of those plastic Wii knock-off steering wheels from the dollar store?
If you're looking for a quick-fix steering wheel, I'd try the 360 wireless wheel Microsoft came out with awhile ago. It should work with any PC game compatible with a 360 controller.

Here's a video of someone using it on PC.

I can't let a zombie game discussion go by without mentioning Nation Red. That's a quality top-down horde shooter, proudly featuring zombies.
Yes! I'm glad somebody mentioned it. It's good old-fashioned arcade fun. Games are short, so it's good to play if you don't have much time and it's even more fun in co-op. Next time it's on sale, get in on a 4-pack. You won't be disappointed.

Also, glad the Summer sale is over so I can read the Steam thread without having to devote my entire day to it.

Yes! I'm glad somebody mentioned it. It's good old-fashioned arcade fun. Games are short, so it's good to play if you don't have much time and it's even more fun in co-op. Next time it's on sale, get in on a 4-pack. You won't be disappointed.

Also, glad the Summer sale is over so I can read the Steam thread without having to devote my entire day to it.
That was the first game I tested out when I got my gaming laptop. I still haven't touched it much... we should do a BGCQ night for it.

Definitely nothing personal and definitely not trying to tell anyone when they have the right to complain. I know I use that right plenty so not trying to do that. I get people dislike stuff and they have the right to do so. My main issue was with misinformation/misconceptions. Zombies are definitely popular, but it's not like any and every game with zombies is being greenlit. I also don't get the mode of thinking that somehow a zombie game is taking anybody's spot. It's not like there's a finite amount of greenlight votes and you have to choose to vote one game over another. The same people voting for zombie games could also vote for those games others feel are more worthy so this is more about the dev promoting their game properly than anything else. I'm sure Steam would be happy to greenlight any game if it had a ton of votes.
Not taking anything personally. . . I just think we disagree and that's fine.

Joe Danger 1 and 2 also got cards.
So, does this mean I can get cardz by playing this on the PS3 now?

Dead Pixels and War Z in the same sentence? I've actually heard good things about Dead Pixels... Most of the complaints come from that there's no online co-op (meaning people like the game and want to play it together).

Now, if you said Dead Horde... I could get behind that.
Sure, I'll throw Dead Horde in there too. . . .

Killing Floor is not a zombie game. :nottalking:

Killing Floor, which I'd argue is not zombies, and is completely mutants.
Sorry, folks, I'm calling a spade a spade. Irrespective of the dev's claims, these things look, smell, and act like zombies so you can apply whatever label you choose but they're functionally zombies.

I did like the movie Warm Bodies. :D
Warm Bodies was good and a curiously optimistic zombie movie (if that's not too oxymoronic). It wasn't knee-slappingly hilarious but it was a cute and interesting story.

Not taking anything personally. . . I just think we disagree and that's fine.

Sorry, folks, I'm calling a spade a spade. Irrespective of the dev's claims, these things look, smell, and act like zombies so you can apply whatever label you choose but they're functionally zombies.
I'm going to start calling you Feather Ruffler.

Edit with bold in quote: How do y--- no, I don't want to know.

Looks like there's a Magicka MOBA coming out. Not sure how it works, but it looks like you can get alpha keys and shit if you sign up:

http://signup.wizardwars.com/welcome

I dunno man, that's a pretty wide screen being thrown. Scary monsters in general can't even be in a game without it being called a sellout zombie game? Killing Floor enemies aren't even shambling zombies, they're bloodthirsty mutants who seek you out and kill you (they even TALK, they aren't mindless, they're likely spiteful and want revenge for what was done to them). There are spider ones, screaming ones that damage you with sound, half machine ones who use arm mounted rocket launchers, other half machine ones who tear you to bits with spinning blade hands, and then of course the patriarch has a gatling gun mounted to one arm... Just about every type screams "freakish laboratory experiment gone horribly wrong", not zombie.

I can totally understand being burned out by zombies, but looping EVERY game that has scary things in it into that mold seems dumb to me. Killing Floor has mutants. Experiments gone wrong. If you're gonna be that all inclusive with that net you're throwing, you missed a LOT of games, possibly even ones you like.

Looks like there's a Magicka MOBA coming out. Not sure how it works, but it looks like you can get alpha keys and shit if you sign up:

http://signup.wizardwars.com/welcome

I dunno man, that's a pretty wide screen being thrown. Scary monsters in general can't even be in a game without it being called a sellout zombie game? Killing Floor enemies aren't even shambling zombies, they're bloodthirsty mutants who seek you out and kill you. There are spider ones, screaming ones that damage you with sound, half machine ones who use arm mounted rocket launchers, other half machine ones who tear you to bits with spinning blade hands, and then of course the patriarch has a gatling gun mounted to one arm...

I can totally understand being burned out by zombies, but looping EVERY game that has scary things in it into that mold seems dumb to me. Killing Floor has mutants. Experiments gone wrong. If you're gonna be that all inclusive with that net you're throwing, you missed a LOT of games, possibly even ones you like.

Yeah, KF mutants are like really far from zombies. The Zeds, sure, those are modeled after your traditional shambling zombies. The rest are clearly just mutants or supernatural beasts or whatever you want to call them. Unless any game with non human/non animals trying to kill you is a zombie game now.

Yeah, KF mutants are like really far from zombies. The Zeds, sure, those are modeled after your traditional shambling zombies. The rest are clearly just mutants or supernatural beasts or whatever you want to call them. Unless any game with non human/non animals trying to kill you is a zombie game now.
I have to agree here. Resident Evil is one of the mainstays in the survival-horror realms and is noted predominantly for its zombies, but it also has tons of other enemies. Then take into account the cultists and parasite-infested villagers in 4 and 5, who are essentially fast-moving zombies, and the line is blurred. Even in Left 4 Dead, a game ABOUT zombies, we have the severely deformed Charger, the Jockey, and even the Tank "zombie", which can only be described as a mutated Branch Warren. House of the Dead is the same. Zombies alone can no longer deliver a fulfilling experience in the scope of an action/adventure game due to their physical limitations as mere undead humans. The only real way to make a zombie game interesting anymore is to give them special powers and mutations that provide a challenge. In that sense, I think referring to anything other than shit games like Trapped Dead as a zombie game is a miscategorization.

Depends on the price. If it was worth $5, he'd sell it for $2. If it was 80 cents, he'd sell it for 50 cents, etc.

Sorry MIND LIKE, you don't deserve a foil. You know it's the truth.
HYPERBULLY

Do you remember our heated powwow the other day? I can post it if you'd like.

Actually I don't own that game either, I just wanted an excuse to say Big Mutha' Truckers 2: Truck Me Harder.

Oh Spoder... :p
Laughable, man -- ha!

tumblr_li6qst6s741qf4elio1_500.gif

I would have trucked you in the ass Saturday.

I truck you in the ass next Wednesday instead. Wooooo! You got a date Wednesday, baby!

Wait for it....

Btw, does anyone happen to have a copy of Mun Gonkeys left over from when they gave previous owners extra copies? My friend insists I need to play it with him because it's awesome, but I already know he's full of :censored: I can't possibly justify paying $6 for it.

When I was your age, we were lucky if we had one zombie game, and we had to play it uphill both ways in the snow.  Why, I remember when we couldn't even have games with zombies because spelling out "zombie" took more memory than the tapes had.

I missed the final two days of the Steam sale infinite repeats for this shit:

4Cz95mF.png

Although I'll admit that the near complete lack of data coverage from my cell phone carrier was a bit annoying.
Sunny and no shade in sight. How dreadful.

Exactly, and you can change the faces, hair, clothes and armor, etc on each of those races/classes, so it's not that often that you run into a full lookalike.
In all my years of WoW I've never seen a duplicate of any of my toons or any of my friends/guildies toons. The visually closest was same race/hairstyle/haircolor with a similar face.

And this is why we wait often for those 75% off or better sales.

Too many stand-alone expansion-sequels; DLC's; and other stuff for us to keep up w/.
Pfft, 75% wasn't enough for me... took GOTY + an extra 20% even then it felt chancy.

I need more zombies. I wish there was more than one zombie TV show. :pray:
Zombie sitcoms, zombie reality TV shows, zombie quiz shows...

I find the zombie movie parodies (e.g. Zombieland, Shawn of the Dead) more entertaining than the ones that take themselves too seriously. This is flipped for books though, as I found World War Z pretty lacking (which is why I still haven't gone to see the film) and I prefer Matheson's I am Legend much more (not exactly a zombie book but pretty similar).
I dislike zombie themed stuff, but I very much enjoyed Zombieland.

Hmmmm, not really a fan of zombies as mobs in games but they've actually been helpful in getting my partner to game with me.

For years she'd only play in fantasy settings where we were killing "non-humans" (orcs, goblins, etc).
Then in RE4 she was able to rationalize that they were not humans, they're zombies so while not the preferred mob, they're acceptable!

Fast Forward to today where we have a couple hundred hours in Borderlands, so zombies were kinda like a gateway mob, further expanding our gaming options. Yea!

Although some of the more recent zombie laden titles are still too much for her, zombie ok, gore, not so much. Eh, whatcha gonna do?
Weird. I hate killing animals. People I have no problem with -- it's a job.

I met Christians. So many Christians.

And then there's christianmingle.com -- that's where you go if match.com isn't conservative enough for ya. It's only for young-earth creationists.
I dated one guy who's family complained that I wasn't Christian. >.> Oh all the reasons to dislike me, I'd never considered not accepting, "Our Lord Jesus Christ" as my own personal savior to be one of them.

Can anyone recommend a good racing wheel? I caught the Euro Truck Simulator 2 bug.
Logitech G27. A "cheap" but reasonable option is a Logitech Driving Force GT. Upmarket from the G27 is the Fantech wheels and pedals (still haven't made a great shifter) but that's some price commitment. For really cheap (but still decent) keep an eye out on CL/ebay for an old Logitech MOMO wheel/pedals.

Logitech G27s pop up a couple times a year (new) for $200 (keep an eye on slickdeals).

This is probably the ultimate. This is a very solid reliable choice. This one's decent and won't break the bank. :)

I've personally used the G27, excellent wheel.
Fantec > Thrustmaster.

The G27 is simply a great combo, a good wheel, a good H-shifter, & good pedals for a nice package price. The belt-driven Fantech wheels are nicer, and Fantech has some sweet pedals (and long lead/delivery times high prices slow customer service).

Very solid option for the price.

I feel like Ashes is the only one qualified to weigh in on this, please excuse me while I crash into walls with a 360 controller :joystick:
Moi?

That's all I know :joystick: although I did flip my Dirt 2 race car and won anyway :lol:
Wrong on so many levels...

Cheapest reasonable is a used MOMO wheel... I've seen them for under $50 on CL.

If you're looking for a quick-fix steering wheel, I'd try the 360 wireless wheel Microsoft came out with awhile ago. It should work with any PC game compatible with a 360 controller.

Here's a video of someone using it on PC.
It's cute, it's toy-like, but it's no substitute for other wheels/pedals. Force-feedback is the core of a racing wheel experience.

I missed the final two days of the Steam sale infinite repeats for this shit:

4Cz95mF.png

Although I'll admit that the near complete lack of data coverage from my cell phone carrier was a bit annoying.
Was this the first time you took shots from a grassy knoll?

Honestly, I think Spoderman is the only reason why this game would be mildly entertaining. Maybe only for fifteen minutes or so, but still...

Edit: CAG3 y u no combyn my post?! i hav no atentun span for multiqwot

(Christ typing like that is hard, I don't know how you guys do it on a regular basis.)
b cuz w3 1z sp3sHul peephole

also

spodermen-thumb.jpg

Totally off topic, but for those of you who received friend requests for me: it's for no reason in particular. I just thought as though I've been a part of the community long enough to feel like people know me well enough to be more than post quoters. Anyone else wanting to add me just click the + in my sig. Just don't ask me for free shit or you'll end up in my ignore list. :speaktothehand:

On Warm Bodies: Interesting idea for a film. Turned out to be too...Twilighty...for me, but I didn't consider it a waste of an hour and a half (which is saying something coming from me; being in the film industry totally ruined (or fixed?) my standards of what I consider acceptable film making). Good flick for, well, the Twilight demographic, and a refreshing spin on zombies.

I have to say, however, that Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland are the two top zombie movies and the only two I actually went out and bought. 28 Days Later wasn't bad, but I was not a fan of the cinematography and choice of cameras. The Cabin in the Woods has potential if they pull things together with a sequel. Pet Semetary is a classic (I didn't realize it was spelled with an "S" until just now o_O). The original [REC] scared the shit out of me a few times, though it was fairly gimmicky. As for the rest: nay. Even the classics. The Evil Dead series had it's moments thanks to Bruce Campbell, but nothing I would keep in my collection.

I have yet to see World War Z.
My wife and I love Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland!!!!!!!

But we also love Meet the Feebles so not sure our taste in movies is to be trusted.

hay man can i hav sum games?
h3r3 u g0, fr33 sUm gamz

http://www.free-training-tutorial.com/math-games/addition-sum-sense.html?1&

3qp7hy.jpg

and

16503813.jpg

crap, I quoted a post talking about how a developer was giving us permission to shit but it's gone :(

(missing punctuation marks can be fun) :)

posting my response anyway

22680677.jpg

Digging the Steam Enhanced option to display -to those with Steam Enhanced- most (atm) Steam Card profile backgrounds freely. Defeats my purpose of crafting/looking for backgrounds now, but I'm not complaining :D

It's cute, it's toy-like, but it's no substitute for other wheels/pedals. Force-feedback is the core of a racing wheel experience.
I agree with you, but I think it depends on how much someone wants to spend on their hobby. My best friend spends hundreds (maybe more?) on good sim racing gear. But, that level of commitment isn't for everyone. :)

I agree with you, but I think it depends on how much someone wants to spend on their hobby. My best friend spends hundreds (maybe more?) on good sim racing gear. But, that level of commitment isn't for everyone. :)
Yep, it's totally cost/commitment here. However at the low end, one is still better off picking up an old used force feedback wheel than an lol-toy wheel.

Mutant Mudds still isn't on Steam, and neither is They Breathe and many other games that are very deserving.
This is a bit late, but I have to ask you: Have you played They Breathe?

I looked into it, read reviews, watched videos, and honestly the game looks terrible. Am I missing something? You're stuck on the screen, dodging mooses (?) and collecting bubbles, and apparently it's short and totally pointless. I can definitely see why that one hasn't been Greenlit. I doubt it ever will.

Logitech G27. A "cheap" but reasonable option is a Logitech Driving Force GT. Upmarket from the G27 is the Fantech wheels and pedals (still haven't made a great shifter) but that's some price commitment. For really cheap (but still decent) keep an eye out on CL/ebay for an old Logitech MOMO wheel/pedals.
Any experience with the Driving Force GT ashes? Is it significantly worse than the G27 or G25?

This is a bit late, but I have to ask you: Have you played They Breathe?

I looked into it, read reviews, watched videos, and honestly the game looks terrible. Am I missing something? You're stuck on the screen, dodging mooses (?) and collecting bubbles, and apparently it's short and totally pointless. I can definitely see why that one hasn't been Greenlit. I doubt it ever will.
I've played it, and I'd describe it as interesting, experimental, not bad, but you might have to change your expectations going into it. It's like a vignette or a short-film, I think there's a place for it on Steam as a budget title (2.99 or so, a number of games go for that).

It's a minimalist game, and I have a lot of respect for that. So many people get caught up in trying to kitchen sink a game, and they end up with a mess. It's interesting to play a game that's the opposite of that every once in awhile.

I've played it, and I'd describe it as interesting, experimental, not bad, but you might have to change your expectations going into it. It's like a vignette or a short-film, I think there's a place for it on Steam as a budget title (2.99 or so, a number of games go for that).

It's a minimalist game, and I have a lot of respect for that. So many people get caught up in trying to kitchen sink a game, and they end up with a mess. It's interesting to play a game that's the opposite of that every once in awhile.
Fair enough. I don't mind minimalist games either, but I guess it just isn't my thing. I'd be pretty surprised if it did get Greenlit.

Fair enough. I don't mind minimalist games either, but I guess it just isn't my thing. I'd be pretty surprised if it did get Greenlit.
It's harder for experimental games to get greenlit.

That said, the developer of They Breathe now has another project up on Greenlight. I think it has a decent chance.

Weird. I hate killing animals. People I have no problem with -- it's a job.
Agent 47, is that you? ;)

news_hitman_absolution_introduces_agent_47-12793.jpg

EDIT:

Pfft, 75% wasn't enough for me... took GOTY + an extra 20% even then it felt chancy.
Dead Island: GOTY is easily worth that. I love that game, personally. It's basically a first-person ARPG (think Borderlands), but w/ melee weapons + mostly zombies for enemies.

You do actually use guns + fight humans for a bit, later on...

I wish the story-telling was better - b/c Techland can do a decent job w/ stories (see COJ1 + 2), when they actually true. And there's some parts of DI: GOTY main story that actually are gripping - but those happen here & there, since most of the game is straight-up fetch-questing + loot-grinding.

I'm waiting for DI: Riptide to brick down in price in a sale.

I dated a girl whose family wanted to turn me Mormon. Each time I entered their home they talked me about it. They even gave me books and all the stuff. I was really stupid... or horny... or both

You from Utah, brah?

Mormon-Utah.jpg

tumblr_mactasBDHf1qjwn8zo1_500.gif

Agent 47, is that you? ;)
news_hitman_absolution_introduces_agent_47-12793.jpg

EDIT:

Dead Island: GOTY is easily worth that. I love that game, personally. It's basically a first-person ARPG (think Borderlands), but w/ melee weapons + mostly zombies for enemies.
You do actually use guns + fight humans for a bit, later on...
I wish the story-telling was better - b/c Techland can do a decent job w/ stories (see COJ1 + 2), when they actually true. And there's some parts of DI: GOTY main story that actually are gripping - but those happen here & there, since most of the game is straight-up fetch-questing + loot-grinding.
I'm waiting for DI: Riptide to brick down in price in a sale.
I'm just going to point out from personal experience, I hated Dead Island Riptide. I played through the entirety of the first game about 2 times and had fun, but riptide was just bad. First off, if you don't have a save file of the first, you start at level 15 (for no reason! You just get a load of ability points for starting a game), This lead to getting the stomping ability, making fighting obsolete in one on one or two on one scenarios, as you can just kick then then stomp them. The whole first level on a boat experience never felt gripping (when you finally get guns, it still feels boring and unneeded). Finally getting onto shore feels like a bore as it's follow me, go to stronghold, defend (which was boring, put up fences and hit zombies en mass, nothing much else) during the stronghold event, it paired me up with players which was fine and dandy, except it kept me with them (besides I said no to Xbox Live interaction). The AI felt worse, as the zombies would clip out of area, and you'd need to kill them all to progress. The characters in said stronghold never felt any bit relatable for a side quest to be done, and the side quests seemed too boring to do. Later, took a ride and ditched my online buddy to find I'm going through a "Go here! No! go there now! Wait! Fight those guys!" All of which I ran, as they blocked car access. They introduced the infected then, which just made it a point of running, as they were overpowering and were in groups of 3 or 4 (plus they took a lot of hits, and I had pretty good weapons too). I think I finally found a boat (the point of the quest), fought, then got bored immediately there after. I found a cave but ignored it just because there was no incentive to go to it. Please note I love the first game, it was really fun and great for some laughable times (launching the truck backwards off a trail that leads to the lighthouse, then falling off a cliff and somehow not die or get hurt at all).
So that's my 2 cents, and I rented the game with a free one day rental that I regret choosing.

Oooh, just got a Mark of the Ninja - Booster Pack!

My 1st Booster Pack w/ 3 cards.

It contained Path of Nightmares; Stalker; & Marked.

Already have Stalker and Marked - more dupes there.

Didn't have Path of Nightmares - so "yay" on that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back