The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm level 13 and maybe get one booster pack a week (don't think I got one last week, though). Also keep in mind most booster packs don't sell for more than 50 cents now.  Is it 'worth it?'  Who can say -- fifty cents every other week assuming people keep steadily crafting badges.

This is all a conspiracy! HB is trying to made me expend money so I can't buy (again) Recettear! That won't happen this time dear HB! I have GabeN money! Touche!

Damn, just bought DI during the SS from GG.

Not only can I not buy indie games without fear of them being bundled now I can't buy AAA titles without that same fear.

Oh gee I got a Strike Suit Zero booster pack. Well they're only selling for $1.15 and the cards are about $.50 each so I might as well open it, might even craft the badge.

DRYQW5N.png

OH COME ON
ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: IN TRIPLICATE

:)

glad my cheap ass held off on risen 2 and sacred 2 during the SSS.

woohoo, they're mine now

debating on recettear, worried it'll be in an upcoming indiegala.

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: IN TRIPLICATE
:)
glad my cheap ass held off on risen 2 and sacred 2 during the SSS.
woohoo, they're mine now
debating on recettear, worried it'll be in an upcoming indiegala.

Buy it so the rest of us can get it in an indiegala ;)

Biggest problem with Dead Island is the utterly bland 'open world' that just serves as a backdrop to the tedious MMO questing.  Given there is level scaling and no point in exploration (all loot is randomized save for a handful of 'developer' mods) it would have been better off as a $10-$20 arena brawl game.  In fact if anyone hasn't played and gets this HIB version I'd suggest just doing that arena DLC and save yourself the hassle of running around the island.  Only thing the game does well is the satisfying feeling of bashing a zombies head in with a bat.

What steam level are you folks that you are getting booster drops? Wondering if it would be worth my while to get the 228 XP I need to get to level 10 by crafting badges to increase my chances at drops?
I had a couple boosters drop when I was still level 7. It doesn't seem to make a big difference.

Biggest problem with Dead Island is the utterly bland 'open world' that just serves as a backdrop to the tedious MMO questing. Given there is level scaling and no point in exploration (all loot is randomized save for a handful of 'developer' mods) it would have been better off as a $10-$20 arena brawl game. In fact if anyone hasn't played and gets this HIB version I'd suggest just doing that arena DLC and save yourself the hassle of running around the island. Only thing the game does well is the satisfying feeling of bashing a zombies head in with a bat.

Need it really do more?

Meh as far as I am concerned I bought the keys so what I do with them isn't up to Humble bundle, even more so since every other indie bundle offers individual keys.
^ This.

I'm sure a lot of people really like this bundle but I really hate it when Humble puts non-indie games in their bundles like this one or the THQ bundle. For me it really takes away from the spirit of what they started out doing. I also really hate Dead Island with a passion. The whole durability system was terrible and when I tried to play with a friend co-op on PS3 we couldn't play longer then 5-10 min without the game fucking up for me.

^ This.

I'm sure a lot of people really like this bundle but I really hate it when Humble puts non-indie games in their bundles like this one or the THQ bundle. For me it really takes away from the spirit of what they started out doing. I also really hate Dead Island with a passion. The whole durability system was terrible and when I tried to play with a friend co-op on PS3 we couldn't play longer then 5-10 min without the game fucking up for me.
Humble bundle is a brand. They do bundles with indie, non indie, android, books, music... Each one with their proper name and (if apply) number

For those that have the BioShock: Infinite Season Pass the new DLC 'Clash In The Clouds' is now out on Steam and downloading. It's 5 GBs in size, good grief, and it's basically a large dose of challenges. This DLC is self-developed by Irrational so it might be pretty good. Although, I'm more interested in the Burial At Sea campaign to come out in two separate episodes at a later date.
Yes, I'm definitely interested at the two Burial At Seas episodes.

Of course, I still need to get BioShock: Infinite (base game)...

Oh gee I got a Strike Suit Zero booster pack. Well they're only selling for $1.15 and the cards are about $.50 each so I might as well open it, might even craft the badge.

DRYQW5N.png

OH COME ON
Never seen that happen before. That's hilarious. Haha.

DRYQW5N.png

OH COME ON
That's better than the Triple Diggle pack I got. (Dungeons of Dredmor) I was too sad to take a screenshot.

The cards were worth a lot less than the pack. And I already had two other Diggles from the regular drops.

Bought humble bundle for BTA to get SR3 full package.  $5 not bad to include some soundtracks.  already had Dead Island and Sacred 2 though.  Really debated as the inner CAG in me screamed "just do $1"  and forget the SR3 DLC.  if only I had known not to but Dead Island GOTY and Sacred 2, but alas as with buying guys, you cannot look back but just try to accept when and for how much you bought in

Biggest problem with Dead Island is the utterly bland 'open world' that just serves as a backdrop to the tedious MMO questing. ... Only thing the game does well is the satisfying feeling of bashing a zombies head in with a bat.

Need it really do more?
Dead Island does a lot of things wrong, but as a bargain-priced game I found it quite a bit of fun just braining zombies and exploring the island. That was enough for me.

Guacamelee Gold edition comin to steam next week for $15
Woohoo!

Looking forward to picking it up for $3.75!

Dead Island does a lot of things wrong, but as a bargain-priced game I found it quite a bit of fun just braining zombies and exploring the island. That was enough for me.
Am I one of the few that enjoyed the hell out of Dead Island: GOTY here?

I still think it's the best zombie-game out there, even despite its issues (the story & characters never lived-up to the original amazing slow-mo backwards trailer; gunplay isn't spectacular; game has some technical glitches & issues). A great flawed gem, if you ask me - just like the original Borderlands.

I still think it's the best zombie-game out there, even despite its issues (the story & characters never lived-up to the original amazing slow-mo backwards trailer; gunplay isn't spectacular; game has some technical glitches & issues). A great flawed gem, if you ask me - just like the original Borderlands.
no wrong i llike it too just having too much games will make migrate around 10-20 games. i guess loyalty give us ro2 people 75% off nice to know

I enjoyed Dead Island also! I heard such crappy things about it so I waited until it was around 5 bucks to pick it up. I beat it within the week and loved it. I am waiting to do the same thing with Riptide.

God I hate Dead Island.

The modding community made it somewhat playable for a bit, then dropped off the face of the earth.

I cannot slam that massive pile of "autoaim for the torso with a pistol in a zombie game" crap enough.

THe Castlevania demo is working now... having beat the game on the 360 it runs damn good on the PC. Looks like Konami didn't botch the port. I look forward to re-buying it during a Steam sale.

Just called them. They wanna talk to you. They have an offer you can't refuse
I talked to them already. Is it ok I offered you up as a sacrifice?

TR 2013, Hitman: Ab and Sleeping Dogs as base tier. Just Cause 1 as the BTA.
son of a bitch, I already have all these :) guess I could buy the minimum, resell it for $1.01 and use that for the next BB glitch.

I did too, I was just gonna play to get my cards but got sucked in and didn't quit till the credits were rolling.

THe Castlevania demo is working now... having beat the game on the 360 it runs damn good on the PC. Looks like Konami didn't botch the port. I look forward to re-buying it during a Steam sale.
I loved Castlevania games on NES, SNES and Genesis. Symphony seems to be great (never played it, SNES and Genesis were my last consoles). Hope this one is at least half as good as those old games. Or at least has some of the classic music (just looked at it... no, only belmont's theme :cry: ). I'll wait for a $5 price... maybe a bit more if I like it after the demo

I talked to them already. Is it ok I offered you up as a sacrifice?
A sacrifice to The Godfather??? ok... if it's Vito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back