The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyway, I question your choice of words: "cynically scorning them and perpetuating an atmosphere of hostility between consumer and producer"? EA isn't some hurt child. They can take a little heat.
Shhh!

I just got EA to take its nap.

It's been tired all afternoon but it keeps waking itself back up whenever I rock it to sleep.

Just... Let's just go talk in the kitchen.

(I wasn't trying to make an argument toward this Humble Bundle being some change of heart on EA's part or a changed company, but was aiming more at the broader context of the way that we treat companies for the things they do. It's not some weird balance sheet where "OK EA, you fucked it up with SimCity, so that's a -40, but this charity bundle bumps you up to a -20. You're almost in the black!" But rather a constant evaluation of a company's practices that reward them (and their bottom line) for the things that respect consumers and, more broadly, society.)

Gees. Just woke up and saw the Origin bundle... Madness!!

I actually went in for well above the average this time (yeah, I deserve lashes from the CAGs) because I really like the charities that you can put money towards this time. 

Pretty damn good bundle! Though I dont think I'll ever play Battlefield (hate those games lol).

Shhh!

I just got EA to take its nap.

It's been tired all afternoon but it keeps waking itself back up whenever I rock it to sleep.

Just... Let's just go talk in the kitchen.

(I wasn't trying to make an argument toward this Humble Bundle being some change of heart on EA's part or a changed company, but was aiming more at the broader context of the way that we treat companies for the things they do. It's not some weird balance sheet where "OK EA, you fucked it up with SimCity, so that's a -40, but this charity bundle bumps you up to a -20. You're almost in the black!" But rather a constant evaluation of a company's practices that reward them (and their bottom line) for the things that respect consumers and, more broadly, society.)
nope ea woke up few hours ago the ysaying i wnat money heh jk :p

For all the talk about EA, the fact is, we vote with every dollar we spend. If people didn't pay for the microtransactions, if people didn't buy their stock (when news breaks of how awful they treat their employee's), if people didn't pre-order their games knowing their reputation in the past for burning their customers, then they would be forced to change their business practices.

But, as long as they are making butt loads of money, they (and any other corporation) aren't going to change a damn thing. This world is nothing more than a reflection of what the vast majority of people are willing to accept. We have far more power with our dollars (votes) than we ever care to realize, we just chose to squander it because it's the path of least resistance, and we chose to be lazy and complacent.

Now, that being said....I'm going to throw some cash at this bundle. I do so knowing where my dollars will end up and for what purpose. Good Games. Good Causes. The End...other than EA can still go :censored:  themselves.

Also, regarding the bundle itself:

"The Sims 3 Date Night DLC will appear here, after some technical difficulties are sorted out!"

How can a company ever generate good will when every attempt at it still gets bashed for no reason?

Also...

OMG EA is still evil. This is just a ploy to get people to buy Sims 4. Wait, what? I accidentally gave $25 to charity? This is ridiculous! I want my money back.

Shhh!

It's not some weird balance sheet where "OK EA, you fucked it up with SimCity, so that's a -40, but this charity bundle bumps you up to a -20. You're almost black!"
That's US politics doe -- namely the '08 and '12 presidential elections.

But rather a constant evaluation of a company's practices that reward them (and their bottom line) for the things that respect consumers and, more broadly, society.)
150px-Enron_Logo.svg.png

See now i'm fucking afraid of buying anything from any retailer, at this point we would see an Indie Bundle from every publisher out there 8-[

That's it, i'm not buying any more games from any store, sorry Tony, Valve, GMG, GG (GOG is save, they sell old games.... or maybe not...). HiB is where is at.
Somewhere SPODER is coiled up in a dank-crevice sucking on one of his eight thumbs.

Regarding today's EA bundle, though: He's probably disconcerted.

Is there a way to turn off auto updates for Steam? I'll be moving to a place where my bandwidth will be very limited and can't have Steam start downloading updates whenever it wants.

Now I've seen everything. Dead Space 1 has been on my wishlist for forever; I was just about at the point where I was thinking of picking it up with card money, since it's never been below $5 on Steam. Glad I waited! Already had all the others I was interested in, but what the hell.

Ha, don't be fooled, it's just a marketing ploy. Trying to win back the goodwill they squandered on Simcity and being voted worst company two years running. Get people invested in their games again, even if it's for free, gamers will forget the initial burn and pony up for DS4 and Sims 4, etc....

edit: double ninja'd
I <3 ploys like this. O:)

But I'm still not fucking wit EA unless they publish games that I find intriguing.

The Steam keys give an Origin key in the Steam client, which is NOT the same as the same as the Origin key you get from Humble. So, for the Steam redeemable games, you can fill up 2 Origin accounts.
Good looks!

Mooby having good taste in games?
When assessing Mooby's taste you have to account for the saltiness.

The things Latinogres do for pesos... =P~

Humble Acti-Blizzard Bundle next? Various WoW expansions in the $1 tier with MoP and generic Acti-shooter #342 as BTA.
:beer: :drool: :puke:

Added Crysis 2, Derp Space, and MoH to my Steam account. Need to take a shower to wash off the shame.
You still pushin' that old rig?

If so, you need a Paypal charity account, mothafucker. I'll donate. Seriously.

*checks calendar*

Nope, not April 1st.

I guess I must be sleeping now and this is all just a particularly funny dream.

EDIT: Wait, there are steam keys for most of the games. It's not a joke at all. That means I can get Medal of Honor for a buck. Yes! I've been waiting for that to drop down to sub $5 for a year and a half.
Now they need to put in for a bonus later on an Origin key for MOH: Warfighter.

EDIT:

Hey look! Capcom's got one shred of sense
Well - PC versions of DMC 2013, RE6, and RE: Revelations are Steamworks-only.

Glad to see for Ultra SF4, they canned G4WL.

See now i'm fucking afraid of buying anything from any retailer, at this point we would see an Indie Bundle from every publisher out there 8-[

That's it, i'm not buying any more games from any store, sorry Tony, Valve, GMG, GG (GOG is save, they sell old games.... or maybe not...). HiB is where is at.
I have no problem buying games before a Humble Bundle - as long as it hits that 75% off or better rule, normally.

I use Humble Bundle often to pick-up stuff I'm missing already.

Also, I buy from there even if I buy games I own just for them throwing in soundtracks + goodies.

I'm often a sucker for soundtracks.

Though, I didn't jump on Deep Silver HB, even despite it having Risen 2 + S2: Gold soundtracks. {shrug}

At least Ultra SF4 is Steamworks-only.

EDIT:

Gamers probably say "Yes! Plz stop!"...

...but Capcom says "Hell freaking no!"

The thing is that with the GFWL and 360 versions of SSFIV, the color plaette swaps for different costumes in the game are all free. Now that it's on Steam, expect to pay $0.99 for that DLC. Capcom loves charging you extra for preloaded disc content that requires a DLC key to unlock, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Now if this was a post about MegaMan coming to Steam, I'd be shitting rainbow leopards right now.

That right there, that's shameful
I dunno why I didn't drop $1 for just the soundtracks.

I usually do.

Maybe it's b/c I owned ALL of the base games from some digital store already.

I wish DI: Riptide was in the 2nd tier bundle though, not 3rd. If Riptide was in 2nd tier, that would've been enough to make me leap, since I was missing Sacred Citadel.

I dunno why I didn't drop $1 for just the soundtracks.

I usually do.

Maybe it's b/c I owned ALL of the base games from some digital store already.

I wish DI: Riptide was in the 2nd tier bundle though, not 3rd. If Riptide was in 2nd tier, that would've been enough to make me leap, since I was missing Sacred Citadel.
yea even with having one key it should be seperate but 5 bucks would be nicee

yea even with having one key it should be seperate but 5 bucks would be nicee
Yeah, that was the other thing - all the tiers were ONE big key.

If they were all split-up (like the EA Origin Bundle is), would've been easier for me to leap.

EDIT:

Oh, Riptide in tier 2 (which was around $5) would've been a no-brainer for me.

I loved the original Dead Island.

so for the current humble bundle are most CAGs opting for BTA w/BF3 and Sims3 OR just the $1 bundle?
I just went for the base bundle since I have BF3 on PS3 through PS+ (yeah, I know "better on PC", but I don't eally care for the franchise) and The Sims 3 on disc (found it used for $1 and couldn't say no). Already played Crysis 2 and Mirror's Edge, but even so it's a crazy deal!

so for the current humble bundle are most CAGs opting for BTA w/BF3 and Sims3 OR just the $1 bundle?
I dunno.

{shoulder shrug}

Before Origin HB, I already owned most of the games there, EXCEPT Dead Space 3 in the 1st tier (that's what I bought).

I still can't believe Dead Space 3 was in Tier #1.

I own Sims 3 + Late Night + a few other expansions (Generations & Showtime), so I don't really care much about Sims 3: High-End Loft Stuff.

And I already own BF3.

{shoulder shrug}

They are gonna have to toss something awesome in as a bonus, if I'm gonna leap on Tier #2 (BTA).

Hell, if they made Dead Space 3 be in BTA, I probably would've jumped on Tier #2 (BTA).

If they throw in something like NFS: Most Wanted 2012 and/or Crysis 3 into Tier 2 for BTA as bonuses later, then I'll have to BTA.

I dunno.

{shoulder shrug}

Before Origin HB, I already owned most of the games there, EXCEPT Dead Space 3 in the 1st tier (that's what I bought).

I still can't believe Dead Space 3 was in Tier #1.

I own Sims 3 + Late Night + a few other expansions (Generations & Showtime), so I don't really care much about Sims 3: High-End Loft Stuff.

And I already own BF3.

{shoulder shrug}

They are gonna have to toss something awesome in as a bonus, if I'm gonna leap on Tier #2 (BTA).

Hell, if they made Dead Space 3 be in BTA, I probably would've jumped on Tier #2 (BTA).

If they throw in something like NFS: Most Wanted 2012 and/or Crysis 3 into Tier 2 for BTA as bonuses later, then I'll have to BTA.
if you buy in the first week you get the bonuses regardless of what you paid, so you won't have to jump to tier 2 at all unless you are sitting on the bundle waiting for the bonuses (which would make you a crazy person, which I'm inclined to think you aren't...most of the time ;) ).

I went for the BTA. Sims 3 has been... $7.50? I already have it, but I don't have the Late Night expansion, and Sims 3 expansions generally only hit $7.50-10 at the very least. Definitely worth it for the BTA. And if you don't have BF3, it's excellent as well.

Sims games are fun, but they aren't for everyone. They certainly qualify as games though, I've put countless hours into them, starting from the first one at launch. They're just as much games as any city builder or simulator. Combined with custom usermade content, they're a blast.

Dead Space 3 should be in the place of BF3 though, lol. Not sure what EA was thinking there, but I ain't complaining.

I went for the BTA. Sims 3 has been... $7.50? I already have it, but I don't have the Late Night expansion, and Sims 3 expansions generally only hit $7.50-10 at the very least. Definitely worth it for the BTA. And if you don't have BF3, it's excellent as well.

Sims games are fun, but they aren't for everyone. They certainly qualify as games though, I've put countless hours into them, starting from the first one at launch. They're just as much games as any city builder or simulator. Combined with custom usermade content, they're a blast.

Dead Space 3 should be in the place of BF3 though, lol. Not sure what EA was thinking there, but I ain't complaining.
I liked Late Night - it's a lot of fun. Of course, I've always been a fan of The Sims series. Sims series just have so many damn expansions, it's so hard for me to play catch-up w/ it.

A lot of times - just not worth playing catch-up b/c they toss out so many expansions for that game - especially once they put out a new Sims base-game iteration!

Plus, they (EA) often don't put out full-blown complete packs for a Sims game once it's done, also.

The Sims series is another one of those games like Skyrim and TDU2, that I always eventually wind-up back to and will take hours of my life away.

I liked Late Night - it's a lot of fun. Of course, I've always been a fan of The Sims series. Sims series just have so many damn expansions, it's so hard for me to play catch-up w/ it.

A lot of times - just not worth playing catch-up b/c they toss out so many expansions for that game!

Plus, they (EA) often don't put out full-blown complete packs for a Sims game once it's done, also.

The Sims series is another one of those games like Skyrim and TDU2, that I always eventually wind-up back to and will take hours of my life away.
The problem with Sims games are that you'll get, say, Sims 2, play the crap out of it, get all the expansions (Pets, Vacations, Dates/Going Out, etc), and then they'll release the next game, bare bones, and you'll have to wait ages to get those same expansions that add the same things all over again for a good price.

It's very seldom that the new games come out with original new concepts that actually add new gameplay mechanics, like Ambitions. Why hasn't there been a hospital/childbirth (tastefully/comically, obviously) expansion that actually takes you to the hospital and whatnot, instead of having the baby on the spot in a silly manner or leaving to mysteriously go to the hospital to have it, unseen? There's a lot more they could do with the newer games, while they should be keeping pets, downtown activities, etc in the new games WITHOUT having to buy the same expansions over again for high prices.

We already spent a small fortune buying these features, EA. We shouldn't have to pay for them again in a game that should be new and going further, instead of going backwards initially as far as features go, and slowly growing to have more features than the previous title. That's why I'll probably have a wife and kids by the time it's worthwhile to start buying Sims 4 shit. It takes too long for them to release expansions with old features redone, and even longer till they hit reasonable prices.

But yeah, it's EA. The Sims is pretty much the epitome of DLC to get the complete game, though Civilization 4-5 aren't much different (though they're cheaper).

The problem with Sims games are that you'll get, say, Sims 2, play the crap out of it, get all the expansions (Pets, Vacations, Dates/Going Out, etc), and then they'll release the next game, bare bones, and you'll have to wait ages to get those same expansions that add the same things all over again for a good price.

It's very seldom that the new games come out with original new concepts that actually add new gameplay mechanics, like Ambitions. Why hasn't there been a hospital/childbirth (tastefully/comically, obviously) expansion that actually takes you to the hospital and whatnot, instead of having the baby on the spot in a silly manner or leaving to mysteriously go to the hospital to have it, unseen? There's a lot more they could do with the newer games, while they should be keeping pets, downtown activities, etc in the new games WITHOUT having to buy the same expansions over again for high prices.

We already spent a small fortune buying these features, EA. We shouldn't have to pay for them again in a game that should be new and going further, instead of going backwards initially as far as features go, and slowly growing to have more features than the previous title. That's why I'll probably have a wife and kids by the time it's worthwhile to start buying Sims 4 shit. It takes too long for them to release expansions with old features redone, and even longer till they hit reasonable prices.

But yeah, it's EA. The Sims is pretty much the epitome of DLC to get the complete game, though Civilization 4-5 aren't much different (though they're cheaper).
To be fair a lot of games this generation have been starting to do this.

One good example is like you mentioned with Civ V where it took two expansions to get it back to the amount of content Civ IV had.

Yeah, that was the other thing - all the tiers were ONE big key.

If they were all split-up (like the EA Origin Bundle is), would've been easier for me to leap.

EDIT:

Oh, Riptide in tier 2 (which was around $5) would've been a no-brainer for me.

I loved the original Dead Island.
yea cause i already have sr3 full package di goty so only went one buck to get some backlogging games and that all i would be di riptide if it was 2nd tier or 5-10 bucks

To be fair a lot of games this generation have been starting to do this.

One good example is like you mentioned with Civ V where it took two expansions to get it back to the amount of content Civ IV had.
A bit, but I think Sims and Civ are the worst offenders. They purposely don't bother adding elements of gameplay in that have been there for literally over a decade (pets, vacations, downtown stuff was all in the game through expansions starting in Sims 1), so that you'll have to buy it again for the new game, and then they end up charging $40 or so MSRP for this stuff when it should be at the most $5-10 DLC.

I'm still an avid Sims nerd, but I do think it's pretty ridiculous.

A bit, but I think Sims and Civ are the worst offenders. They purposely don't bother adding elements of gameplay in that have been there for literally over a decade (pets, vacations, downtown stuff was all in the game through expansions starting in Sims 1), so that you'll have to buy it again for the new game, and then they end up charging $40 or so MSRP for this stuff when it should be at the most $5-10 DLC.

I'm still an avid Sims nerd, but I do think it's pretty ridiculous.
Haha I'm an avid Civ nerd and how they approached DLC and add-ons in Civ V was just ridiculous.

I just went for the $1 bundle since I have no interest in BF3 and if I ever did get the Sims I'd want a complete pack and probably want it on Steam. That being said I'm debating on raising my amount to the BTA and just giving BF3 and the Sims pack to a couple of friends.

if I ever did get the Sims I'd want a complete pack and probably want it on Steam.
I'd also like a magical flying dolphin that shits rainbows and transforms into Olivia Wilde to please me sexually, but alas, I don't think it's gonna happen.

Then again, Humble Origin Bundle is a thing, so who am I to say "impossible" is even a reasonable adjective.

I have the following free steam codes, but not gonna let them be lurked this time, so if your a regular poster in this thread, post or PM for any of the following:

Time Gentlemen Please, Ben There Dan That

Space Pirates and Zombies

Hydrophobia Prophecy

Dead Space

Mirror's Edge

Crysis 2 - Maximum Edition

I just sent Crysis 2-Maximum Edition to Obsidian Spire because my friends list said he didn't have it. See....friend's don't let friends backlog alone. He already bought the bundle. XD

I'd also like a magical flying dolphin that shits rainbows and transforms into Olivia Wilde to please me sexually, but alas, I don't think it's gonna happen.

Then again, Humble Origin Bundle is a thing, so who am I to say "impossible" is even a reasonable adjective.
An EA Humble bundle was always the "when pigs fly" joke for PC gaming. Now that it has happened, we're going to need to get some flying pigs or find a new "impossible" scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back