The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really want this, the last thing I need is another publisher getting as cocky as EA and deciding to only offer their games through their own platform. I want to own everything on Steam and not be forced to have my games spread out over multiple content platforms. I understand why a publisher would want to do this, but I feel it's against my interests.
ubi's current strategy of putting games on steam with UPLAY shoehorned in is even worse than what EA does

I don't really want this, the last thing I need is another publisher getting as cocky as EA and deciding to only offer their games through their own platform. I want to own everything on Steam and not be forced to have my games spread out over multiple content platforms. I understand why a publisher would want to do this, but I feel it's against my interests.
I want everything on Steam too, but on the other hand Valve has enough of a monopoly already. I don't want just one company to secure all digital distribution. Then they could charge us whatever they wanted. Besides, we already know Steam's CS is miserable.

On another note, I'm happy with the Humble Weekly. In for a buck for Botanicula, and McPixel has cards if I remember correctly.

edit: Seven of them in fact, damn. Even at seven cents a card that'll pay a good chunk of the cost.

In for a $1 for the Thomas Soundtrack.   Which I probably already own.  Whatever.

Edit:  McPixel does have cards.

Just haven't felt like posting really.  I was on vacation for a week, and after that I've just felt "blah" for posting.  Also been busy at work so posting during the day has dramatically decreased.  I typically get all my deals from reddit, since it's quicker and easier to read for speed.  

How does shit like McPixel get onto Steam while stuff like 99 levels to hell rots away on Greenlight?
Why does 99% percent of the (reality)crap on tv get put on while decent scripted shows get canned. Why is the majority of major movie releases some derivative sequel while good indie movies get pushed aside? VGs are serious business, thus gets treated accordingly.

I want everything on Steam too, but on the other hand Valve has enough of a monopoly already. I don't want just one company to secure all digital distribution. Then they could charge us whatever they wanted. Besides, we already know Steam's CS is miserable.

On another note, I'm happy with the Humble Weekly. In for a buck for Botanicula, and McPixel has cards if I remember correctly.

edit: Seven of them in fact, damn. Even at seven cents a card that'll pay a good chunk of the cost.
Monopolies are bad, but with other stores being able to sell Steam keys it keeps pricing competition alive. If Steam suddenly begins to introduce restrictions and other things that are bad for the consumer, then we'd have a problem... but I don't see that being very likely. One of the reasons they're so popular is cause of their fair DRM policies.

The whole 'monopoly' critique sort of breaks down when games sell for $1 or less.  PC game prices have never been lower and that is largely due to Steam's earlier days of aggressive sales.

Spoder already posted this in the HB thread, but for those who haven't seen it yet:

Well I don't know about you guys, but I'm psyched.
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

I heard a rumor that there's a Kalypso Weekend sale going on over at steam. According to my sources, games are up to 75% off.

Also, there are whispers in the hallway of a Red Faction weekend sale. Supposedly the games are 80% off. Not sure if I quite believe that one though.
Whelp, time to use those GabeN Funbucks to pick up the two old games and complete my RF collection

Agreed. As it is, I have libraries on GOG, GG, and Desura in addition to my Steam one. How's a brother supposed to keep track?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC9lRHHco0c

I've managed to keep everything on Steam except for about 5-6 games, most of which aren't available on Steam. Even tho the Uplay launcher sucks I'd still rather have those games on Steam than from the Uplay store.

I've managed to keep everything on Steam except for about 5-6 games, most of which aren't available on Steam. Even tho the Uplay launcher sucks I'd still rather have those games on Steam than from the Uplay store.
Until the most recent update of Uplay you used to be able to bypass the launcher almost completely with the -dev_mod command. :(

That's why I had all my Ubi games on Steam. Now I can't do that anymore.

How does shit like McPixel get onto Steam while stuff like 99 levels to hell rots away on Greenlight?

How does shit like McPixel get onto Steam while stuff like Zafehouse Diaries rots away on Greenlight?

Calling McPixel shit is a compliment for that "game."

Why does 99% percent of the (reality)crap on tv get put on while decent scripted shows get canned. Why is the majority of major movie releases some derivative sequel while good indie movies get pushed aside? VGs are serious business, thus gets treated accordingly.

McPixel WAS greenlit.

(And I actually enjoyed it.)

Oooooo Two Worlds for 2$... SOLD (gets rid of my extra Gaben Bucks)
Had a blast with it sense I never expected it to be "OBLIVION ON STERIODS!!!!!"

New Uplay client is pretty good. Never had a problem with it and looks better than the steam client. You also get FREE DLCs on uplay by playing the games and earning achievements

Also have no idea what you meant earlier about steam having "fair DRM policies" and therefore it being popular. Are you insinuating that other clients don't have fair DRM policies? Because that's good brainwashing/marketing cause they're mostly all the same. The fairest policy = GOG. Most people love steam cause of its convenience and amount of games on it, not because of its "fair DRM policies".

UPlay > Steam
agreed. :grouphug:

There's a cyclical trend in these threads to bash on uplay (or origin) once every few months. Is it honestly that hard to keep track of games on multiple clients (considering that they do most of it for you)? Ubisoft does excellent games, and if their client helps them achieve certain goals, I'll happily support them for that. (also, there's been great sales on uplay)

ubi's current strategy of putting games on steam with UPLAY shoehorned in is even worse than what EA does
I'm definitely NOT for the multiple-DRM route on Steam-versions.

Steam is enough DRM, thanks.

Seriously - if a Steam-version of a game uses Steam DRM, they should DISABLE any other 3rd-party DRM-crap: UPlay, Tages, Securom, Origin, whatever.

New Uplay client is pretty good. Never had a problem with it and looks better than the steam client. You also get FREE DLCs on uplay by playing the games and earning achievements

Also have no idea what you meant earlier about steam having "fair DRM policies" and therefore it being popular. Are you insinuating that other clients don't have fair DRM policies? Because that's good brainwashing/marketing by team cause they're mostly all the same. The fairest policy = GOG. Most people love steam cause of its convenience and amount of games on it, not because of its "fair DRM policies".

agreed.

There's a cyclical trend in these threads to bash on uplay (or origin) once every few months. Is it honestly that hard to keep track of games on multiple clients (considering that they do most of it for you) ? Ubisoft does excellent games, and if their client helps them achieve certain goals, I'll happily support them for that. (also, there's been great sales on uplay)
That sale a bit ago for Driver SF for a dollar or so was SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! :D

Now if only the base game wasnt a buggy piece of crap that totally lacks modern RTS features.
They are adding some modern features to it. They mentioned a lot in their stream this evening. An important point I recall was that there was an "attack move" so that the units would attack enemies that came within range whilst moving, as opposed to stubbornly waiting for the move to play out.

Also, game plays alright for me and its a remake of a pretty old release so these features were never expected.

I'm definitely NOT for the multiple-DRM route on Steam-versions.

Steam is enough DRM, thanks.

Seriously - if a Steam-version of a game uses Steam DRM, they should DISABLE any other 3rd-party DRM-crap: UPlay, Tages, Securom, Origin, whatever.
Totally agreed. I don't mind that Origin and uPlay exist, and that they're trying to break up the monopoly of Steam. But if you're selling your game on Steam, you should not ever, ever require additional DRM on top of Steam. It's just tacky, and frankly, DRM often hurts the legitimate paying customers more than the pirates it's attempting to stop. Case in point, every PC game ever.

Frankly, I hope Tages and Securom never get used again for anything. They're buggy, often fail, and just anger and frustrate the people video game companies are seeking to please, the people who pay the bills.

Totally agreed. I don't mind that Origin and uPlay exist, and that they're trying to break up the monopoly of Steam. But if you're selling your game on Steam, you should not ever, ever require additional DRM on top of Steam. It's just tacky, and frankly, DRM often hurts the legitimate paying customers more than the pirates it's attempting to stop. Case in point, every PC game ever.

Frankly, I hope Tages and Securom never get used again for anything. They're buggy, often fail, and just anger and frustrate the people video game companies are seeking to please, the people who pay the bills.
Sure - the more competition & services, the better. I like the pricing wars and all of that - as that keeps the services fighting over us, the consumer - and keeps the prices away from that "overpriced monopoly" territory.

See, the dev's/pub's are LAZY. What they do is this - original version likely uses ONLY some 3rd party non-Steam DRM.

Then, when they do the Steam-version - they just toss the Steam DRM right ON TOP of the 3rd party crap.

When they do that crap - I just normally try to avoid the Steam-version...unless the price is irresistible.

And I agree - I don't want see any more Securom, Tages, or StarForce.

EDIT:

Oooooo Two Worlds for 2$... SOLD (gets rid of my extra Gaben Bucks)
Had a blast with it sense I never expected it to be "OBLIVION ON STERIODS!!!!!"
Did they ever remove their annoying home-brew DRM from Steam-versions of Two Worlds 1 + 2?

Is it really Steamworks-only? That would mean PC players would have to buy the full new version for $40 instead of upgrading for $15. That would suck very much. I was planning on upgrading PC and 360 versions, but will have to wait for a sale for PC version.

I like their DLC. It's a lot cheaper paying $15, if you want it on release day, every year or 2 than having to spend $50-$60 on a whole new game that barely changes gameplay.
Yes - USF4 PC will be Steamworks-only.

There's always a possibility for the 15 dollar upgrade to happen for SF4AE if it's in your Steam Library.  Unlikely, but maybe something can be worked out with Steam, GFWL, and Capcom when GFWL dies.

There's always a possibility for the 15 dollar upgrade to happen for SF4AE if it's in your Steam Library. Unlikely, but maybe something can be worked out with Steam, GFWL, and Capcom when GFWL dies.
If that is the case and they do have a SS4:AE to USF4 upgrade special on Steam, that'd be good for SS4:AE owners.

I'm sure many would like to hear if Capcom would even aim to do something like this.

If that is the case and they do have a SS4:AE to USF4 upgrade special on Steam, that'd be good for SS4:AE owners.

I'm sure many would like to hear if Capcom would even aim to do something like this.
Hopefully Haunts can get something going with the team.

Haunts ‏@haunts 5h

I see everyone's tweets and comments about USF4 and GFWL. We are looking into what options are available to take care of users that (cont.) ..purchased on GFWL, but we will announce what will happen once we have something 100% confirmed. Stay tuned!

I heard a rumor that there's a Kalypso Weekend sale going on over at steam. According to my sources, games are up to 75% off.

Also, there are whispers in the hallway of a Red Faction weekend sale. Supposedly the games are 80% off. Not sure if I quite believe that one though.
smh

kalypso_zps13d8ded3.png
oh thanks mind for making awesome he e

I don't know what's more amazing. That he was able to put the pieces together and predict the weekend deal, or that I was actually able to understand what he posted.
oh really and prolly because a friendd of mine piss me off so im not sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back