The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Err, why I suddenly have Spiral Knights in my game list?

I shouldnt have a F2P game unless I downloaded it right?
Do you have DLC for it and are you in the Steam beta? The most recent update put F2P games that you own DLC for in your library regardless of installed status.

Do you have DLC for it and are you in the Steam beta? The most recent update put F2P games that you own DLC for in your library regardless of installed status.
That's actually pretty cool, I hated that pinball fx wouldn't show up in my library even though I owned some tables

Yes I'm in Steam beta. But I don't own any DLC in Spiral Knights. I didn't even know that the game exist!

Edit:

Ok, I check the dlc category. Apparently I own a Shogun helmet. My guess is it came from the Shogun 2/ FOTS purchase?

I just went into my library and found that EVERYTHING that I could possibly have is there... all the F2P games that I have never even considered, AMD driver updates, a pooppile of demos... it's a mess. I have some categories set up, but I have no need or desire to categorize all this garbage.

I just went into my library and found that EVERYTHING that I could possibly have is there... all the F2P games that I have never even considered, AMD driver updates, a pooppile of demos... it's a mess. I have some categories set up, but I have no need or desire to categorize all this garbage.
I'm pretty sure this has to do with a change Valve rolled out recently on their back-end. It affected Enhanced Steam's Library feature in the same way so I made contact with Valve who confirmed it was a bug and that they had a fix in the works.

I should feel lucky then that only one F2P game showed up in my list.

I'm pretty sure this has to do with a change Valve rolled out recently on their back-end. It affected Enhanced Steam's Library feature in the same way so I made contact with Valve who confirmed it was a bug and that they had a fix in the works.
I can't say how long it's been like this, since I've recently just been using Big Picture Mode and my Installed Library.

But you're right... Enhanced Steam is pulling the full list in my library, too.

Speaking of free games, I still have a War of Roses Viking Alpha Steam key for the first person who PMs me.  The alpha runs from yesterday to September 1 I think. 

Quick review:

I just finished Gone Home yesterday.  I can predict that some people won't like this game, just as many didn't like Proteus or Dear Esther.  However, as a kid who grew up in the 90's, a meticulously recreated house/mansion set in 1995 brought back a ton of memories, from references to popular video games of the time to actual songs you can play in tape players or stereos from popular (and not-so-popular) bands.  The story is very organic and much of the plot is not shoved in your face.  You're an investigator, a sleuth, a snoop, and you will stop at nothing to figure out what's going on with your family and the house. 

The obvious story follows that of your sister (not a spoiler as the first note you see on the front door is written by her) but there are 3 or 4 other sub-stories inter-woven in the various receipts, notes, recordings, filing cabinets, etc throughout the house. 

Gone Home is incredibly short; I think I beat the game after a couple of hours but someone could beat it in 10 minutes if they ignore everything... but then you'd be missing the point.  The home and the family that lives in it is beautifully realized, and I haven't played any other game that put so much detail into seemingly trivial things.  I'm not sure if it's worth the asking price at this moment, but I'd definitely recommend it at 75% off or even 50% off in the future haha.  

I'm unclear I'd agree with a lot of the high reviews this game has been getting lately, but I did personally enjoy my time in the house.

Speaking of Pinball Fx do they ever run any deals on tables on STEAM?

Have a bunch on my Xbox that I would love to get on Steam.
Of course. I bought a bunch during the Summer Sale. Unless they run a daily/weeklong/weekend sale, your next best bet would probably be either the one the run during Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Of course. I bought a bunch during the Summer Sale. Unless they run a daily/weeklong/weekend sale, your next best bet would probably be either the one the run during Thanksgiving or Christmas.
I love pinball fx would love to get some CAG's on my friend list and have some high score wars lol.

This and I bought a pack or two and Epic Quest which right now is my favorite table. Love it!

Quick review:

I just finished Gone Home yesterday. I can predict that some people won't like this game, just as many didn't like Proteus or Dear Esther. However, as a kid who grew up in the 90's, a meticulously recreated house/mansion set in 1995 brought back a ton of memories, from references to popular video games of the time to actual songs you can play in tape players or stereos from popular (and not-so-popular) bands. The story is very organic and much of the plot is not shoved in your face. You're an investigator, a sleuth, a snoop, and you will stop at nothing to figure out what's going on with your family and the house.

The obvious story follows that of your sister (not a spoiler as the first note you see on the front door is written by her) but there are 3 or 4 other sub-stories inter-woven in the various receipts, notes, recordings, filing cabinets, etc throughout the house.

Gone Home is incredibly short; I think I beat the game after a couple of hours but someone could beat it in 10 minutes if they ignore everything... but then you'd be missing the point. The home and the family that lives in it is beautifully realized, and I haven't played any other game that put so much detail into seemingly trivial things. I'm not sure if it's worth the asking price at this moment, but I'd definitely recommend it at 75% off or even 50% off in the future haha.

I'm unclear I'd agree with a lot of the high reviews this game has been getting lately, but I did personally enjoy my time in the house.
Thanks for the impressions. Given the high praise it's getting most place, I'm considering checking it out. Is it creepy/spooky? I don't do scary games or movies.

Today's deal is great

Anyone picking them up should also get the patches for the games that fix a lot of the mistakes and makes playing easier (as in overall gameplay, not the difficulty)

I should have known Skullgirls would release before I'd fired up the beta. Had it downloaded and everything. Sigh.

You should've seen when I posted here asking for laptop advice. People practically burned me at the stake for not wanting a desktop.

I still have nightmares...
I remember that. To be fair, you went on at length about how you needed a computer specifically to play certain awesome games and your target pricing but didn't give the reasons it needed to be portable for another couple of posts. It made sense then, but up until, people rightfully questioned your needs. (Ugh, still can't believe I would lug my giant desktop PC and 17" CRT monitor to and from college twice a year. On a train, once.)

Also, League of Legends got hacked
"LoL!"

And now on a completely unrelated, but sorta kinda on topic note (hey it's 10% off. On Reddit that counts as a "deal" :p), I'm super proud that I got an achievement by emailing a lesbian indie game developer a cell phone pic of a mug cake I made in the microwave because my game AI Waifu, who is also a mass murderer, told me to.

kl1q.jpg
That's really awesome! I love stuff like that.

Back in the 90's, I used to use a "postcardware" app that, on the appropriate day, would quietly display an easy-to-miss message in status text at the bottom indicating it was the developer's birthday. I sent off an email of good tidings and got a response.

I guess we both need to start doing that. We take it off at home. Don't want to lose it washing dishes/hands/etc so we put it in a place when we get home and wear it out in public. Mine is a little tight so it makes it feel weird when I type.
I know I'm in the minority in the cell phone age, but I don't leave the house without my wristwatch. When I take that off, I take off my ring as well and slip it snugly over the watch band. While there have been times I've misplaced my watch within the house, it's not terribly hard to locate, and so the ring has remained safe as well.

Thanks for the impressions. Given the high praise it's getting most place, I'm considering checking it out. Is it creepy/spooky? I don't do scary games or movies.
It has a foreboding atmosphere, but it's just as creepy as investigating a huge lived-in-yet-empty house would be in real life. Plus, you can set a lot of options when you start the game to make it less spooky (i.e. defaulting all the lights to on from the beginning, which, of course, would be unrealistic haha).

Quick review:

I just finished Gone Home yesterday. I can predict that some people won't like this game, just as many didn't like Proteus or Dear Esther. However, as a kid who grew up in the 90's, a meticulously recreated house/mansion set in 1995 brought back a ton of memories, from references to popular video games of the time to actual songs you can play in tape players or stereos from popular (and not-so-popular) bands. The story is very organic and much of the plot is not shoved in your face. You're an investigator, a sleuth, a snoop, and you will stop at nothing to figure out what's going on with your family and the house.

Gone Home is incredibly short; I think I beat the game after a couple of hours but someone could beat it in 10 minutes if they ignore everything... but then you'd be missing the point. The home and the family that lives in it is beautifully realized, and I haven't played any other game that put so much detail into seemingly trivial things. I'm not sure if it's worth the asking price at this moment, but I'd definitely recommend it at 75% off or even 50% off in the future haha.

I'm really interested in this, and am honestly really surprised how much praise it's getting (usually games like this are extremely polarizing). I'm definitely gonna check it out when it goes on sale and/or gets bundled ;)

Today's deal is great

Anyone picking them up should also get the patches for the games that fix a lot of the mistakes and makes playing easier (as in overall gameplay, not the difficulty)
Well it would be great...if it wasn't for the knowledge that it had a price glitch during the SSS (can't remember exactly how much, but the thought lingers...).

Price glitches are a double edged sword for me. It's awesome if you get them, but if you don't it's hard to ever justify normal sales price. *sigh* that's being a CAG for you ;)

Tropico Bundle on the IndieGala store.  I already have Tropico 3 and 4 but I feel like getting Tropico Reloaded (first 2 games plus expansion) for a dollar for completion's sake  :booty:

I should have known Skullgirls would release before I'd fired up the beta. Had it downloaded and everything. Sigh.
That pretty much described every beta Steam key I register.

Oh cool free beta key, I really should try that some time....Oh it's released? So much for that idea.

We ask for Ubisoft Humble Bundle but Ubi gave us Get Loaded instead. 2 for $10

http://www.getloadedgo.com/

Just a bunch of old games nothing to see there.
FYI if anyone actually cares, not available for North America. Also all but 3 are not Steam and some of them have really crappy archaic DRM with limited activations.

I answered a question I had today about buying Steam gift cards in Canada. I was wondering about currency conversion and it turns out you pay the face value of $20 or $50 in Canadian funds but it redeems for the same amount in US funds. So I'd save on conversion rates by buying cards vs having Paypal charge me to convert it. It boasts right on the gift card that you get a deal that way. Pretty cool. Wish Best Buy would start selling the damn things, they sell cards for all different MMOs and Facebook shit there, but no Steam gift cards!

Re: Fallout/Interplay titles.  They're losing their rights to sell the older Fallout titles on December 30th of this year so I'd expect a healthy dose of sales between not and then.  Maybe even a Humble Interplay Bundle?  Speculation but... who knows... might get even cheaper and/or you'll see some kind of package promo with other Interplay titles.

I remember that. To be fair, you went on at length about how you needed a computer specifically to play certain awesome games and your target pricing but didn't give the reasons it needed to be portable for another couple of posts. It made sense then, but up until, people rightfully questioned your needs. (Ugh, still can't believe I would lug my giant desktop PC and 17" CRT monitor to and from college twice a year. On a train, once.)
I dunno, as for power and games, I wanted something really strong to play new gen games at high graphics. People were really down on that because doing so would be way cheaper with a desktop, which I knew (a bit obvious).

I also explained why I needed and far preferred a portable system pretty early on. Then the page continued on in fire and flames for a couple more pages... >_>

A few voices of reason PMed me and gave me some good pointers, though. I believe it's Lint I have to thank for opening my eyes to Clevo.

I'm really interested in this, and am honestly really surprised how much praise it's getting (usually games like this are extremely polarizing). I'm definitely gonna check it out when it goes on sale and/or gets bundled ;)

Well it would be great...if it wasn't for the knowledge that it had a price glitch during the SSS (can't remember exactly how much, but the thought lingers...).

Price glitches are a double edged sword for me. It's awesome if you get them, but if you don't it's hard to ever justify normal sales price. *sigh* that's being a CAG for you ;)
it was 85% off at 2.99 i brought it then couldnt resist over 80% off lol and it led me to buy fallout 3 goty and fallout nv ulitmate editon

I'd actually rather Ben direct a Batman movie than actually BE Batman.
Either one of those options, though - No. Just NO.

What about Ben just watching the movie at home?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back