The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone here play Wargame:EU? Worth it at $4.99?
I'm seriously tempted at this price. It would go in the backlog but both this and the sequel (AirLand Battle, terrible name) got excellent reviews. I'm just not sure whether I'll like this game. I played a bit of World in Conflict but for whatever reason (too many years ago to recall), I couldn't get into it.

I have had this one on my wishlist for a while but as usual I can't remember why. That wishlist is a dangerous thing. Makes me think there are games that I must buy just because they are sitting right there on my list waiting to be added to the purchased pile.
I generally only stick stuff I'm pretty sure I want to play on my list. It has about 12 games on it now (it may go down to 11 if I end up picking up 400 Days and Of Orcs and Men on sale this weekend). I know a lot of folks here just stick anything that looks even remotely interesting on their wishlists but I think that just makes them a tad pointless.

I bought it a couple months ago (still unplayed). Watched a gameplay video to decide... the moment I realized I watched the video about 20 minutes straight, I knew I had to buy it xD

If you like that kind of games, it seems to be fantastic (and looks awesome too!)
"This game looks great! I'm gonna buy it right now!" (Doesn't play game for months/years later)

I actually own this particular game too. (Haven't played it yet either)

Unfortunately this happens to me far more often than I would like. I literally have hundreds of games in my backlog.

If anyone is interested in Splinter Cell Blacklist Deluxe Edition, you can get one of the Geforce codes on ebay. I was able to get mine on a bid for 18 bucks. If you're not patient, there are some people selling for a fixed price of 21 dollars.

It's not a Steam code though, it's Uplay only.

"This game looks great! I'm gonna buy it right now!" (Doesn't play game for months/years later)

I actually own this particular game too. (Haven't played it yet either)
Unfortunately this happens to me far more often than I would like. I literally have hundreds of games in my backlog.

LOL

The problem was I bought Xcom. And then Eador

Xseed (publishers of the Ys games) have announced that PSP RPG Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky and its sequel, Second Chapter, are coming to Steam. Furthermore, the translation is being handled by Steam thread favorites Carpe Fulgur.

If nothing else, I'm sure you guys will love it simply because it can be abbreviated as LOH: TITS.

Daily is Sanctum 2 for 66% off.
Holding on for 75%. I liked the idea of the first game and it was decently fun in co-op. It's just that it felt kind of generic. The enemies lacked personality and I didn't really feel any kind of connection to the universe.

I see Sanctum 2 as being a kind of expansion of the first. Is that wrong?

Xseed (publishers of the Ys games) have announced that PSP RPG Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky and its sequel, Second Chapter, are coming to Steam. Furthermore, the translation is being handled by Steam thread favorites Carpe Fulgur.

If nothing else, I'm sure you guys will love it simply because it can be abbreviated as LOH: TITS.
This will be amazing seeing as how even the psp hasn't gotten the second chapter translated.. -_-

Holding on for 75%. I liked the idea of the first game and it was decently fun in co-op. It's just that it felt kind of generic. The enemies lacked personality and I didn't really feel any kind of connection to the universe.

I see Sanctum 2 as being a kind of expansion of the first. Is that wrong?
Most of the dedicated Sanctum players intensely dislike the second one. I enjoyed the first a bit, but after reading all the stuff about the second one, decided to take a pass.

Most of the dedicated Sanctum players intensely dislike the second one. I enjoyed the first a bit, but after reading all the stuff about the second one, decided to take a pass.
Well, somebody had to do it, so. . . I'll bite: how exactly does one "take" a pass?

I liked the 2nd Sanctum much more than the 1st one. It actually has a little personality to it. Very fun with a group, but not impossible by yourself.

i wanted Sanctum 2 pretty badly when it came out. I got it during the recent Summer sale and played it for maybe an hour. I havent touched it since. This has nothing to do with the game though. It seems fun and all, but I'm too busy with other games.

I do have to mention that I am having a great time with SangFroid. It has a very refreshing game style. There is action with rpg elements all laid very well into a somewhat tower defense-like game. It isnt anything like any tower defense game I have played, which is why I was so attracted to it when I bought it.

The music is excellent too. For some reason, the game takes a full minute to start up. My computer is a beast, so I know its not me. But, for that minute of loadtime, you have to listen to the game's accapella-ish theme song, which is now stuck in my head. and I love it.

TLDR: LISTEN TO THIS SONG

http://youtu.be/qMGC6JHEpEA

Awesome, I always approve of more RPGs, especially JRPGs, coming to PC. I like having things more accessible.

Does anyone know if the gift copy from the Interstellar Marines - Spearhead Edition is a basic vanilla gift or does it also grant the Spearhead bonuses? I'm inclined to believe it's the vanilla version, but I was just looking for some clarity.

[quote name="MysterD" post="11041183" timestamp="1378507176"]
Screw it - I'm in for GOT: RPG - Special Edition.
I need a new RPG.
At 75% off + all DLC, I'm all in.[/quote]
I saw you bought it. How's the game? I don't know anything about the series (believe it or not), It is only good for fans?

I bought that game like 3 times so I better at least get one steam key out of it.

I think the devs did promise to give out keys, just initially I guess they thought it would be too hard to do.
Seems like you may have an issue of too many keys fir thus guy. Remember, if you need help redeeming one your friendly neighborhood Preedatore is just a PM away.

I saw you bought it. How's the game? I don't know anything about the series (believe it or not), It is only good for fans?
Ain't even touched it yet! ;)

I did download it, though - that's about it, so far.

I went and watched Oblivion (sci-fi movie).

I might get some time w/ GoT RPG tonight & maybe Sunday.

I might do a "1st impressions" thing on this, since I think this game might take a while to review - since it might be a bit of time before I finish it to do a full-blown review for it...

[customspoiler='It's an addiction']
ak6p.png
[/customspoiler] :cold:
just read the part in red

holy_8685e9_325100.jpg

also found a pic of a real life velociraptor

27275_10152462620100331_172530764_n.png

[customspoiler='It's an addiction']
ak6p.png
[/customspoiler] :cold:
Well that sure puts my list to shame!

I'm seriously tempted at this price. It would go in the backlog but both this and the sequel (AirLand Battle, terrible name) got excellent reviews. I'm just not sure whether I'll like this game. I played a bit of World in Conflict but for whatever reason (too many years ago to recall), I couldn't get into it.

I generally only stick stuff I'm pretty sure I want to play on my list. It has about 12 games on it now (it may go down to 11 if I end up picking up 400 Days and Of Orcs and Men on sale this weekend). I know a lot of folks here just stick anything that looks even remotely interesting on their wishlists but I think that just makes them a tad pointless.
Unfortunately I was stupid enough to follow someone's link up-thread to JakeNome's for sale list and see that he has AirLand Battle for $8. Now I have to decide if I want one or both.

I seriously need to purge games from my wishlist and bring it back down to something that makes sense. I put a bunch of things on there as I read reviews and recommendations and then wait for a Steam sale. When the sale finally comes around most of my wishlist remains full price and eventually I don't remember what interested me in the first place. I refuse to remove Sid Meier's Pirates even though it never drops below 50% off and I won't buy it unless it is 75% off. I like my pirates cheap.

23 minute review of Outlast - made me jump!  That's actually pretty hard to accomplish as I play every horror VG I can and watch nothing but horror movies as I brood in my dark apartment.  I know one of the complaints on the Amnesia/Penumbra series is that is starts out little slow.  This one got right to the action pretty quick.  I'm hiding like a scared person right now because I don't know what to do or where to go next.  It's pretty fun :)  I'll update over the weekend once I get an hour in.  Hopefully I'll stop hiding by then. 

23 minute review of Outlast - made me jump! That's actually pretty hard to accomplish as I play every horror VG I can and watch nothing but horror movies as I brood in my dark apartment. I know one of the complaints on the Amnesia/Penumbra series is that is starts out little slow. This one got right to the action pretty quick. I'm hiding like a scared person right now because I don't know what to do or where to go next. It's pretty fun :) I'll update over the weekend once I get an hour in. Hopefully I'll stop hiding by then.
I sometimes consider playing games like this, since atmospheric psychological horror is something I find rather interesting...then I try to watch the trailer and resolve to forever being a chicken :baby:

I'm interested to hear more of your thoughts once you're farther in though. Even if I can't handle them myself, I still love hearing people's stories about their experiences playing stuff like this :)

I sometimes consider playing games like this, since atmospheric psychological horror is something I find rather interesting...then I try to watch the trailer and resolve to forever being a chicken :baby:

I'm interested to hear more of your thoughts once you're farther in though. Even if I can't handle them myself, I still love hearing people's stories about their experiences playing stuff like this :)
Yeah, I'll definitely put more time in. I actually have a hard time with games like this mostly because I am like trained to shoot, murder, kill, maim, and generally use violence to resolve everything in video games. So games like this that tell me to run and hide and avoid the danger are really hard. When I first got Penumbra I was like raging as to why I couldn't kill a damn dog and why this game was so hard that I couldn't even kill a damn dog. Then when I realized I was supposed to take the Ghandi approach the game became much more entertaining.

Edit:

Also, pre-load for Amnesia Pigs is up for those who pre-ordered :)

Guys...I just found out that tebowdragon has a blog that he writes in. It's really good, reminds me of jeffk from somethingawful. Check it out.

Admittedly not as good as any single post by my favorite CAG ever, but still.

Desura has Steam keys for Zafehouse Diaries now.

Paranautical Activity doesn't because its developers can't find their asses with a map apparently.

Desura has Steam keys for Zafehouse Diaries now.

Paranautical Activity doesn't because its developers can't find their asses with a map apparently.
I get this message whenever I try to generate a Steam key from Desura:

All keys are in use, please wait for a site administrator to contact you with a key.

Groupees also now has Steam keys for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back