The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.indiegala.com/sigma

$1 for everything (13.11 pesos):

Pay What You Want Now for:

Zombies

Alien Hallway

Alien Shooter

Alien Shooter 2: Conscription

Alien Shooter 2: Reloaded

Zombie Shooter

Zombie Shooter 2

The links are fucked and can't be edited so I've enabled Google for your convenience.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Hmmmm, I bought it for a penny. Too bad paypal won't take 1/6th of a cent so I could resell them at cost. :)

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:23078]
Not even for a dollar
How about for a
250px-Penny_bigbangtheory.jpg

Copious amounts of shota. (Go on, Google it. I dare you.)
What the eyes have seen can not be unseen.

I really should just sell any and all cards. I keep crafting badges if the card set is small, hoping for one I actually want to use. Instead I have: 90% off Krater, 90% off Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter, 66% off Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition,and 50% off Garry's Mod. :whistle2:/
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:23077]

First time code Drop  :wave: : 

Afterfall Insanity Extended Edition: 4IR69-48XM6-J8QJ3

Killing Floor Bundle: 0DM0B-NGM0K-5DGCM

Vessal: J3Q8W-WJFTH-WPDWT

Painkiller Overdose: IYAVQ-EKKJZ-YAG6B

Trine 2: Complete Story :  X4RGF-YTNPX-806ZR

FTL: XD0WC-4YGNQ-V70V2

System Shock 2:  NEJZC-6RXYV-MIDWC

First time code Drop :wave: :

Trine 2: Complete Story : X4RGF-YTNPX-806ZR

System Shock 2: NEJZC-6RXYV-MIDWC

First time code Drop :wave: :

Trine 2: Complete Story : X4RGF-YTNPX-806ZR

System Shock 2: NEJZC-6RXYV-MIDWC
got FTL. thanks brah!

Where is asheskitty? I want a review on how good Driver:SF really is.
IIRC she enjoyed it. Not that that tells you much, but at least it rules out it being terrible. I played the demo and thought it was pretty cool the way you can switch between cars on the fly (you're essentially a ghost of someone in a coma), but it was so long ago I can't remember anything else other than it was fun.

Rats missed out on KF again :(

As for Driver:SF, I've wrote some posts about it (basically I like it a lot, it has a really goofy story that I somehow got invested in, and the gameplay gimmicks are unique and never seemed to wear thin for me), and ashes mainly agreed that she liked it, though she doesn't really classify it as a racing game (since pure racing is far from the most important thing in that game).  One of my surprise favorites of that year though!

If you enjoy story focused games, then you owe it to yourself to get Driver SF.. because it's one of the few good driving/racing games that's focused on story.

Where is asheskitty? I want a review on how good Driver:SF really is.
I contend that that Driver SF is -not- a racing game -- it's a driving game. I thought it was fine/decent... I would have thought better of it if I wasn't expecting a racing game. The shift mechanic is enjoyable. It would benefit from a greater sense of speed. The lighting model on the PC version is kinda flat (console version lighting was fine). It is pretty unique in gameplay, making it worth experiencing.

I contend that that Driver SF is -not- a racing game -- it's a driving game. I thought it was fine/decent... I would have thought better of it if I wasn't expecting a racing game. The shift mechanic is enjoyable. It would benefit from a greater sense of speed. The lighting model on the PC version is kinda flat (console version lighting was fine). It is pretty unique in gameplay, making it worth experiencing.
It's more like a hybrid. There are races in the game, but they're more like sub-objectives, which are usually optional. I don't remember if you're ever required to race.

I agree about the lighting, you have to use a mod to make the lighting look decent.. overall it's a lazy port. It's fine after you mod the lighting though.

I hated the Driver SF demo on PS3, thought it really sucked. I bought it on PC some years later and loved it, I played through the whole thing non stop over about one week. Great game, the PC version looks a bit like shit with missing post-processing effects from the console version, but there is an ENB that helps it look a whole lot better.

The Driver series was never a racing series.  I've been playing them since the first one and it's never been a racing series.  It's like taking the racing out of the GTA series or Sleeping Dogs and expanding it and making a game out of it.  I love the series and I think its great fun.  I also tend to lean towards games like this since I really don't dig the straight up racing games other than for MP.  I like story and stuff like in NFS: The Run or Burnout Paradise. 

The Driver series was never a racing series. I've been playing them since the first one and it's never been a racing series. It's like taking the racing out of the GTA series or Sleeping Dogs and expanding it and making a game out of it. I love the series and I think its great fun. I also tend to lean towards games like this since I really don't dig the straight up racing games other than for MP. I like story and stuff like in NFS: The Run or Burnout Paradise.
wat.

Burnout Paradise is a straight up racing game. I don't think there's a story in it.

Yeah, when I said stuff like in Burnout: Paradise I meant the open world type environment where you aren't just doing race, garage, race, garage, repeat. Should have explained that better.

I like games like Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport, where all you do is race and collect cars. It's streamlined and direct with all the focus being on reflexes and pure driving skills. It always feels like too much of a chore to get from point A to point B in a busy street with cops you have to blow up.

I bought Driver:SF when it was on a Steam sale and liked it a lot. Interesting story and the shifting mechanic was nice.

I bought Driver:SF when it was on a Steam sale and liked it a lot. Interesting story and the shifting mechanic was nice.
I bought it when it was $1 or so from UPlay directly, when they first upgraded UPlay.

Cool game from what I played - though, never finished it.

I have rare Humble Bundle key-codes

• that will be distributed via the PM system

• by way of the pay-it-forward system

• and will be underpinned by the honor system.

Serious Sam HD The First Motherfucking Encounter with Mental.

First one to PM gets it but, in turn, has to give away something or be labeled "a dick" forever unless they're already that.

I would love to know what kind of volume steam does on these so called activision sales.  I can't imagine many people are willing to buy these games at these prices.

I would love to know what kind of volume steam does on these so called activision sales. I can't imagine many people are willing to buy these games at these prices.
Most Steam users aren't CAG users, so most of these sales generate decent numbers. For example, Medal of Honor is 11th in sales after being bundled a few weeks ago. COD games rarely get a decent sale, so any amount off typically generates some decent sales volume. The other Acti games are probably still selling pretty poorly though.

I would love to know what kind of volume steam does on these so called activision sales. I can't imagine many people are willing to buy these games at these prices.
Well, it looks like COD MW3 peaked at number 10 in sales. Not horrible, but by comparison the Daily Deal hit number 6.

My CAGness won't let me get anything, but the Deadpool fan in me really wants to pull the trigger (especially since it would be with card money).

I'm going to pick up the Hitman pack from Amazon when I get home today, haven't had a chance yet.
I really enjoyed Absolution, I've barely scratched the older Hitman games. Add me on Steam "asheskitty" if you want some decent scores to play against on Hitman Abs.

If you don't own Sleepy Dogs or Tome Reader, I'd strongly recommend that pack. For Hitman Abs, SD, & TR the DLC doesn't add much and is easily skipped. The base games are great, I've beat them all.

Wait - what did you buy Thursday?
I succumbed to $1 for the Humble Weekly... it's not that I really wanted Shadow Warrior or Duke Nukem 3D complete... it's that I'm sure I'd regret passing them up (maybe kinda sorta) more than I'd miss $1.

I really should just sell any and all cards. I keep crafting badges if the card set is small, hoping for one I actually want to use. Instead I have: 90% off Krater, 90% off Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter, 66% off Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition,and 50% off Garry's Mod. :whistle2:/
Yeah, I've just been selling cards off since the started w/them. I've probably made around three dollars selling them off. Think of it this way, apply it to a game you DO want when it's on sale. For example, let's say I wanted to buy Rogue Legacy right now: instead of 40 percent off, I've essentially just crafted myself a 20% off Rogue Legacy coupon by selling off my cards, making it in total 60 percent off.

I really enjoyed Absolution, I've barely scratched the older Hitman games. Add me on Steam "asheskitty" if you want some decent scores to play against on Hitman Abs.

If you don't own Sleepy Dogs or Tome Reader, I'd strongly recommend that pack. For Hitman Abs, SD, & TR the DLC doesn't add much and is easily skipped. The base games are great, I've beat them all.
Since I have SD and no Hitman games, I figured I'd buy the Hitman pack and pick up TR on the forum. Added you on Steam!

You guys need to look out your window if they have those in Boise.

Do you not understand the sliver of a niche we inhabit?

You guys need to look out your window if they have those in Boise.

Do you not understand the sliver of a niche we inhabit?
looking out the window of my 3500 square foot home in the Chicago area and I see nobody falling for these deals.... I also looked out the window of my cobra and didnt see anyone. Then I looked out the window of my TL and still saw nothing, so finally I decided to look out the window of my brand new wrangler and still nobody falling for these deals.

Even some of my friends who dont care about money wont budge on these deals. I'm talking about people who drop their wad on the first day of a steam summer or winter sale and dont care when the game they bought for 25% off is now 50-75% off in a flash or daily deal.

looking out the window of my 3500 square foot home in the Chicago area and I see nobody falling for these deals.... I also looked out the window of my cobra and didnt see anyone. Then I looked out the window of my TL and still saw nothing, so finally I decided to look out the window of my brand new wrangler and still nobody falling for these deals.

Even some of my friends who dont care about money wont budge on these deals. I'm talking about people who drop their wad on the first day of a steam summer or winter sale and dont care when the game they bought for 25% off is now 50-75% off in a flash or daily deal.

What are you getting at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back