The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Imagine if they actually made a good game.
Oh, come on.

Everything I've seen of that game (about 3 hours of footage in last two days, not because I care about GTA but because I'm addicted to watching other people play videogames) makes it clear it's at least an incredibly polished open world crime game with an ambitious story and some impressive writing along the way.

I know this is a message board, but a game not being perfect doesn't make it not good. There are gradients of quality in art and entertainment.

I'm more interested in finishing up Saints Row IV and the (possibly insane) hope of a Sleeping Dogs follow-up, but it seems silly to just call out GTA V as a bad game.

I agree.  GTA IV was a good game.  Not perfect, but still.  It's popular though so people sometimes like to rage against the machine.

On another note, apparently nobody plays Showdown Effect.  Waiting 5 minutes for a ranked match but not one other person showed up :(

Oh, come on.

Everything I've seen of that game (about 3 hours of footage in last two days, not because I care about GTA but because I'm addicted to watching other people play videogames) makes it clear it's at least an incredibly polished open world crime game with an ambitious story and some impressive writing along the way.

I know this is a message board, but a game not being perfect doesn't make it not good. There are gradients of quality in art and entertainment.

I'm more interested in finishing up Saints Row IV and the (possibly insane) hope of a Sleeping Dogs follow-up, but it seems silly to just call out GTA V as a bad game.

In my case I've just never had any interest in the GTAs, and having played Red Dead and LA Noire and not enjoying them much am starting to think Rockstar games just aren't for me.

That is until they put out Bully 2 :pray:
On another note, apparently nobody plays Showdown Effect. Waiting 5 minutes for a ranked match but not one other person showed up :(

I'd have played with you, but nobody asked me...

Oh, come on.

None of that makes it good. It's simply more of the same: more fetch quests, more paying whores, more cop killing cuz ridin spinnaz n poppin popo 2legit respek. I've played a few hours of most of the games in the series, ending with GTA IV; I quit after driving the same routes to do stupid errands for a few hours. It's a boring, non-linear, non-captivating franchise that appeals to teenagers and wannabe crime mafiosos. Not engrossing at all, IMO. Bioshock, Dead Space, and Call of Duty are all better franchises.

None of that makes it good. It's simply more of the same: more fetch quests, more paying whores, more cop killing cuz ridin spinnaz n poppin popo 2legit respek. I've played a few hours of most of the games in the series, ending with GTA IV; I quit after driving the same routes to do stupid errands for a few hours. It's a boring, non-linear, non-captivating franchise that appeals to teenagers and wannabe crime mafiosos. Not engrossing at all, IMO. Bioshock, Dead Space, and Call of Duty are all better franchises.
Why is it that people who deride cop killing always make it seem so abstract... and as if they didn't do something to deserve it. But I suppose those people have never been wronged by the corrupt henchmen of the G.

Call of Duty?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

And this little beauty is what we call here on the wild outback of the Internet, a "thinkstheiropinionisfactagator" they are one of the most common species on the Internet today. Look at its fascinating inability to tell the difference between two completely different types of information. Crikey.

GTA 5 is great, but man, those visuals are pretty rough. Will double dip on PC for sure after it hits a good discount. My eyes!

Being a PC gamer I'm looking at this game as looking shitty while all these console-only gamers are saying it's the most beautiful game, best graphics of all time. Sometimes makes me wonder if I'm the problem or if my TV is bad... nah it's not me, it's them! The main issue is this sub-HD res makes everything in motion look jagged and blocky as hell, and less than great performance, would be very beautiful on PC.

And this little beauty is what we call here on the wild outback of the Internet, a "thinkstheiropinionisfactagator" they are one of the most common species on the Internet today. Look at its fascinating inability to tell the difference between two completely different types of information. Crikey.
Only person whose opinion is fact around here is mine~

GTA 5 is great, but man, those visuals are pretty rough. Will double dip on PC for sure after it hits a good discount. My eyes!

Being a PC gamer I'm looking at this game as looking shitty while all these console-only gamers are saying it's the most beautiful game, best graphics of all time. Sometimes makes me wonder if I'm the problem or if my TV is bad... nah it's not me, it's them! The main issue is this sub-HD res makes everything in motion look jagged and blocky as hell, and less than great performance, would be very beautiful on PC.
Yeah, maybe I've been a PC gamer for too long, but I always find it to be a pretty big difference suddenly playing a game again on a PS3. Everything always looks a bit grainy and the blocky distance textures look bad.

Still, GTA V looks really good with the qualifier of (for a PS3 game), but it really would look so much better at 1080p.

Yeah, maybe I've been a PC gamer for too long, but I always find it to be a pretty big difference suddenly playing a game again on a PS3. Everything always looks a bit grainy and the blocky distance textures look bad.

Still, GTA V looks really good with the qualifier of (for a PS3 game), but it really would look so much better at 1080p.
Agreed. I jumped into GTA V right after playing Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite at 60 fps in 1080p on my PC, the comparison has left me terribly unimpressed by GTA V from a technical standpoint. Like you mentioned, the textures are blocky and muddy, while the frame rate drops are noticeable and can get bad enough to negatively impact the gameplay. It seems like it would've been a much better game if they had developed it for next gen and PC. I will probably double dip on a "complete" PC edition a few years down the road.

Call of Duty?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
Even as someone who isn't a fan of the franchise, I've had a lot more fun playing CoD than most R* games. Granted comparing them is apples to oranges, but still...

I sometimes wonder if I would have enjoyed Red Dead more had it ran and looked better. Sub HD upscaling is ultimately what kills me, it just makes my eyeballs want to commit suicide :headache:

Then you look at something like Rayman and it's incredibly gorgeous on any platform :D/ *

*Wii and 3DS possibly excluded...

Red Dead is bittersweet, for me. I spent hours and hours and hours in a posse with my buddies when one day, all a sudden, my level 100 glitched down to a level 0. Of course R* could do nothing for me, it absolutely killed the game for me. Not that multiplayer was anything amazing - but all the sidequests and shit that I had grinded to complete were lost forever.

If only my give-a-shit fund wasn't totally depleted, I'd note that it was all qualified as an opinion and none of it as fact. Nice tats, btdubs.

The game itself is pretty fugly texture wise. I mean driving through the city last night, ouch. Now I will say the world they crafted is beautiful. Sure it looks ugly as hell texture and graphic wise but just the sheer mass and crap in the city makes it really cool to drive through.

It's like morrowind. Texture wise, it's 2003 textures but that world has character, depth in my opinion.

GTA V is still an awesome game though, but if there was ever a game that needed a PC port with HD Texture pack, it's this.

Fixed already. Almost got through the checkout.

No great loss. I'm not really a fighting game fan. I mostly tried to buy it because...well...price mistake, man. Gotta catch em' all.

Fixed already. Almost got through the checkout.

No great loss. I'm not really a fighting game fan. I mostly tried to buy it because...well...price mistake, man. Gotta catch em' all.
IMO it's not really a loss. I was tempted to buy it.. but after seeing there's DLC to unlock 12 characters, I would've held off on it anyway. Seems silly, but I'd rather wait for the complete pack to hit a good price. Even then, it uses GFWL.. and who knows if it'll get patched out.

Now if the DLC or complete pack was 88% off.. that'd be a different story.

BTW, The Showdown Effect just got cards.

Ooh. That was my buy price. ;)

Steam also continues the trend of hiding its Daily Deal. (ACS World?)
My working theory is that they are trying to avoid my reaction to their Daily Disappointment... but it's honestly just playing-with-my-voodoo-dolls annoying.

IMO it's not really a loss. I was tempted to buy it.. but after seeing there's DLC to unlock 12 characters, I would've held off on it anyway. Seems silly, but I'd rather wait for the complete pack to hit a good price. Even then, it uses GFWL.. and who knows if it'll get patched out.

Now if the DLC or complete pack was 88% off.. that'd be a different story.

BTW, The Showdown Effect just got cards.
I completely missed it, but thanks for the just-base-game-glitched. Between the massive amount of DLC and using uncertain-future-GFWL, I'd have probably passed. M$ really needs to clarify the GFWL shutdown plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back