The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I0qYqFi.jpg

Reported. You just ruined white girls for me.

Amazon has the XCOM pack for $10 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ECHYTKY

• XCOM: Enemy Unknown
  • XCOM: Enemy Unknown: Slingshot Pack
  • XCOM: Enemy Unknown: Elite Soldier Pack
  • X-COM: Apocalypse
  • X-COM: Enforcer
  • X-COM: Interceptor
  • X-COM: Terror from the Deep
  • X-COM: UFO Defense
How do the old XCOM games hold up, as in to someone that didn't play them back in the day? I have XCOM EU on PS3 but have been planning to double dip on the PC version, but I would probably just wait for it to be $5 unless the rest of the pack is worth it.

How do the old XCOM games hold up, as in to someone that didn't play them back in the day? I have XCOM EU on PS3 but have been planning to double dip on the PC version, but I would probably just wait for it to be $5 unless the rest of the pack is worth it.
Brutally difficult and largely incomprehensible without a lot of prior reading.

Yeah going with the Bioshock 2 news, not only Minerva's Den is free for past owners (on sale for 5 otherwise), the other paid dlcs are all patched into the game, it has Steam achievements, NO MORE GFWL/SECUROM, AND controller support. Also the retail copies of Bioshock 2 register on Steam and gives you Minerva's Den for free.

http://support.2k.com/entries/27230976-BioShock-2-Steamworks-Update-Frequently-Asked-Questions?flash_digest=426ade2e47b9467ee42098d24111e8c47d8e3073
It says that GFWL is removed but is Securom still present?

Yeah going with the Bioshock 2 news, not only Minerva's Den is free for past owners (on sale for 5 otherwise), the other paid dlcs are all patched into the game, it has Steam achievements, NO MORE GFWL/SECUROM, AND controller support. Also the retail copies of Bioshock 2 register on Steam and gives you Minerva's Den for free.

http://support.2k.com/entries/27230976-BioShock-2-Steamworks-Update-Frequently-Asked-Questions?flash_digest=426ade2e47b9467ee42098d24111e8c47d8e3073

Updated

This bundle also includes the Sinclair Solutions Test Pack, Rapture Metro Map Pack, Kill ‘em Kindly, Zigo & Blanche multiplayer characters, and The Protector Trials. Requires the full game to play.

This is all pretty sweetly awesome news. I had bioshock 1/2 for xbox, and I lost 1 and 2 got stolen (and I had all the dlc for 2), so I bit on the Amazon five dollar pack. Now all my dlc has been replaced for me? Score.

I actually had a blast with the Bioshock 2 multi, I think it's really underrated. Hopefully this gets a few more people playing on Steam, and since Neuro was kind enough to send me a key I'd love to play with some CAGs sometime ^_^

The Amazon thread says that the X-Com pack is $14.99 but is indeed $9.99 on the site. I thought the one price was close, so seeing that it's actually lower turned it into a buy for me. Guess I never have to open my boxed X-Com Collector's Edition (the older games) on CD now.

Also, glad to see I now have reason to play Bioshock 2.

Say what you will, but I thought the Walking Dead was grossly overrated. I played through the first episode on a free download on xbox, thought it was decent enough to give a shot to, so I bought the whole thing on sale for 8 bucks. The second episode was pretty good (the little revelation at the end drew me in), then after that...eh. Gameplay is shoddy, at best. I know it's basically a point and click, but the "puzzles" aren't very puzzle-y. Considering how much the gaming community hates QTEs, it's amazing everybody had a jizz fest all over this thing. I realize the thing that's supposed to draw you to it is the story, which I'll admit is good, but it's not good enough for me to ignore the qualms I had with it. I guess where I'm going with this is that considering The Wolf Among Us looks like it's going to be the exact same thing, I'll pass.

I need to do a fresh install on my comp.  If I make a copy of my steamaps folder on an external can I just drag it back and overwrite the new one Steam creates after installing?  Will that work?

Quick noob question as steam is vague on the issue:

If I buy the Bittrip Runner Franchise pack and already have a copy of Bittrip.Runner, will I get an extra giftable copy or not?
Pretty much as a rule, any bundles or packs like this on Steam unfortunately *don't* give giftable copies for games that you own already. There are a small handful of exceptions, mostly (or perhaps only) games produced by Valve itself. If a pack supports extra giftables, it will clearly state so in the description - check the Orange Box for an example. I can't recall others offhand, I think there are a couple of other packs like this, but very limited..
**CORRECTION!**

I happened to see this post asking the same thing about the 1+2+2xST $5.77 Runner Franchise pack in the Steam forums, which suggests that this is actually one of those rare packs.. I just bought it, and can verify that if you already own the 1st Runner game, you *do* receive a giftable copy of it. (the original post suggests it's only if you buy the pack as a gift, but it definitely works if straight-up buying the pack for yourself) I suspect this is a glitch in the way the pack was configured, since you do get the standard "you own these specific games of the pack and won't receive extra copies" warnings as you buy it. You don't get an extra copy of the Soundtrack DLC (which I owned also), only the base Runner 1 game.

The Runner sale continues through tomorrow for anyone interested. As penance for my earlier misinformation, I'm offering up my extra giftable copy of Runner 1, PM me. (please, someone who is interested in this great game and will actually play it yourself, not use for sale/trade fodder) (edit: gone!)

Aside: I mostly lurk around here but follow the thread regularly, would welcome populating my Steam friends list - me. I won't bug you, just like to see what people are playing.

I'd also copy your My Games folder from your Documents folder and any other publisher specific folders from your Documents folder for your save files that don't cloud save via Steam.  (e.g. Bioware games save in Documents/Bioware/)

**CORRECTION!**

I happened to see this post asking the same thing about the 1+2+2xST $5.77 Runner Franchise pack in the Steam forums, which suggests that this is actually one of those rare packs.. I just bought it, and can verify that if you already own the 1st Runner game, you *do* receive a giftable copy of it. (the original post suggests it's only if you buy the pack as a gift, but it definitely works if straight-up buying the pack for yourself) I suspect this is a glitch in the way the pack was configured, since you do get the standard "you own these specific games of the pack and won't receive extra copies" warnings as you buy it. You don't get an extra copy of the Soundtrack DLC (which I owned also), only the base Runner 1 game.

The Runner sale continues through tomorrow for anyone interested. As penance for my earlier misinformation, I'm offering up my extra giftable copy of Runner 1, PM me. (please, someone who is interested in this great game and will actually play it yourself, not use for sale/trade fodder)

Aside: I mostly lurk around here but follow the thread regularly, would welcome populating my Steam friends list - me. I won't bug you, just like to see what people are playing.
Was about to add you, but then I realized I already had (anyone with Layton in their name deserves a place on my friends list) ;)

And I second that BIT. TRIP Runner is awesome, but be prepared to break your controller in frustration while simultaneously loving the experience :joystick: :bomb: :grouphug:

**CORRECTION!**

The Runner sale continues through tomorrow for anyone interested. As penance for my earlier misinformation, I'm offering up my extra giftable copy of Runner 1, PM me. (please, someone who is interested in this great game and will actually play it yourself, not use for sale/trade fodder)

Added you as well. I'm gonna jump on the bandwagon, as a lot of the people around here seem pretty cool and I have, like, no friends on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/pasports31

I didn't see you on my list so you have now been added.

Edited: Added everyone who posted a request after aclayton.

I actually had a blast with the Bioshock 2 multi, I think it's really underrated. Hopefully this gets a few more people playing on Steam, and since Neuro was kind enough to send me a key I'd love to play with some CAGs sometime ^_^
BioShock 2 multiplayer was designed by Digital Extremes, co-creators of Unreal/Unreal Tournament series. That's a damn good pedigree. I found it to be well done, but ultimately I just wanted it for the singleplayer experience.

Say what you will, but I thought the Walking Dead was grossly overrated. I played through the first episode on a free download on xbox, thought it was decent enough to give a shot to, so I bought the whole thing on sale for 8 bucks. The second episode was pretty good (the little revelation at the end drew me in), then after that...eh. Gameplay is shoddy, at best. I know it's basically a point and click, but the "puzzles" aren't very puzzle-y. Considering how much the gaming community hates QTEs, it's amazing everybody had a jizz fest all over this thing. I realize the thing that's supposed to draw you to it is the story, which I'll admit is good, but it's not good enough for me to ignore the qualms I had with it. I guess where I'm going with this is that considering The Wolf Among Us looks like it's going to be the exact same thing, I'll pass.
Pretty much the whole point is the story. The other elements are there to let you interact with it.

The episode with the farmhouse was fantastic fun. I found the game story overall to be highly enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back