The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Me too. And then Civ V immediately showed up in my email.
Yep, same. Though, I'm not sure where this email is pulling from as it causes Outlook to go unresponsive while it downloads images. Same as the last email from helpdesk@GMG.

I'll take Mafia II for -$49.99 if you're still paying, CLAF. ;)

Also, to those that voted GTAV for GOTY... fuck you. Get your heads out of your "zmg lulz ima crimnl" asses. Bioshock Infinite is about 203,402 times better.

I'll take Mafia II for -$49.99 if you're still paying, CLAF. ;)

Also, to those that voted GTAV for GOTY... fuck you. Get your heads out of your "zmg lulz ima crimnl" asses. Bioshock Infinite is about 203,402 times better.
I can't speak on GTA5...since we ain't gotta PC port of it yet!

Indie Gala October

http://www.indiegala.com

$1 minimum-

RefleX - Desura

Eryi's Action - Desura

Satazius - Steam

Unlocks 2nd week - Steam

Unlocks 2nd week - Desura

$4.99-

Fairy Bloom Freesia - Steam

Gorky 17 - Steam

Knights of Pen and Paper - Steam

Two Worlds II - Steam

Two Worlds II Pirates of the Flying Fortress DLC - Steam

Crusader Kings II - Steam

Ether Vapor Remaster - Steam

Unlocks 2nd week - Steam

Unlocks 2nd week - Steam

I can't speak on GTA5...since we ain't gotta PC port of it yet!

Well, first, you gotta ask yourself, "Who better than Kanyon?" Then ask yourself, "When was the last time I got so mind-fucked by a video game?" The answer is probably never. Story, scope, plot twists, progression, graphics, gameplay...it's all there, and it's all great. Even that dude at the end of A Serbian Film was awe-struck at the end of Infinite, and he got a dick in the brain...literally.

Well, first, you gotta ask yourself, "Who better than Kanyon?" Then ask yourself, "When was the last time I got so mind-fucked by a video game?" The answer is probably never. Story, scope, plot twists, progression, graphics, gameplay...it's all there, and it's all great. Even that dude at the end of A Serbian Film was awe-struck at the end of Infinite, and he got a dick in the brain...literally.
IMHO - nothing probably since Bioshock 1's twist 2/3rd's of the way in was as jaw-dropping as Infinite's final twist.

Hm. A few questions. . .

Here's an off-the-wall one: any opinions on whether PC or console versions of Tomb Raider are better? Are the controls geared toward a gamepad or do they work just as well KB+M?Any other significant differences (aside from graphical quality)?

and a back on topic one: are any of the Lost Planet games on the Capcom sale worthwhile? I haven't heard much in the way of good things about the series in general on PC.

Indie Gala October

http://www.indiegala.com

$1 minimum-

RefleX - Desura

Eryi's Action - Desura

Satazius - Steam

Unlocks 2nd week - Steam

Unlocks 2nd week - Desura

$4.99-

Fairy Bloom Freesia - Steam

Gorky 17 - Steam

Knights of Pen and Paper - Steam

Two Worlds II - Steam

Two Worlds II Pirates of the Flying Fortress DLC - Steam

Crusader Kings II - Steam

Ether Vapor Remaster - Steam

Unlocks 2nd week - Steam

Unlocks 2nd week - Steam
Wow. That's actually not bad at all...wanted satazius, gorky 17, and two worlds 2. But Crusader Kings is thrown in, and there's still 2 bonus games? Think I'm in on this one.

Hm. A few questions. . .

Here's an off-the-wall one: any opinions on whether PC or console versions of Tomb Raider are better? Are the controls geared toward a gamepad or do they work just as well KB+M?Any other significant differences (aside from graphical quality)?

and a back on topic one: are any of the Lost Planet games on the Capcom sale worthwhile? I haven't heard much in the way of good things about the series in general on PC.
Nixxes did the PC version of TR2013 - just like they did w/ Hitman: Ab, Sleeping Dogs, Deus Ex: HR, any many other PC versions for Square-Enix. Graphically and technically, if your PC can handle it - it's downright beautiful. Can't speak on console versions - I normally don't do consoles.

About the controls for a TR game - what I did is a lot of switching b/t gamepad and KB/mouse. Let me explain. I switched to X360 gamepad for platforming sections, since I'm much quicker, faster, smoother, and better w/ platforming on a gamepad for those sections. Though, b/c the combat has drastically improved and there is a heavy amount of this in this game, for those sections it was KB/mouse all the way for those; I like my precision shooting w/ KB/mouse.

EDIT:

I know this won't help much. I own Lost Planet: Colonies Edition from Retail, but have yet to even touch it.

Damn, I want to purchase some of the Capcom games but GFWL is stopping me. Any word on Capcom patching it out?

I know that Ultra Street Fighter 4 is coming out with Steamworks so it makes purchasing the AE a non-issue.

For anyone buying Super Street Fighter 4, it's cheaper to get the game and All-In DLC pack instead of the Complete Pack.

Nixxes did the PC version of TR2013 - just like they did w/ Hitman: Ab, Sleeping Dogs, Deus Ex: HR, any many other PC versions for Square-Enix. Graphically and technically, if your PC can handle it - it's downright beautiful. Can't speak on console versions - I normally don't do consoles.

About the controls for a TR game - what I did is a lot of switching b/t gamepad and KB/mouse. Let me explain. I switched to X360 gamepad for platforming sections, since I'm much quicker, faster, smoother, and better w/ platforming on a gamepad for those sections. Though, b/c the combat has drastically improved and there is a heavy amount of this in this game, for those sections it was KB/mouse all the way for those; I like my precision shooting w/ KB/mouse.

EDIT:

I know this won't help much. I own Lost Planet: Colonies Edition from Retail, but have yet to even touch it.
Hm. Well, I played Sleeping Dogs on PC mostly with my Logitech Rumblepad 2; I found the KB+M controls to be awkward and the gamepad controls much smoother. The only time I used KB+M in that game was in the on-rails shooting missions, which were (to me) impossible to complete with a gamepad and almost absurdly easy with a mouse. If it's the same folks porting it, I think I'd be comfortable picking up the cheaper PC version rather than waiting a while for a decent sale on PS3. I have some Amazon credit and Amazon has the Steam code on sale.

Quick PSA: StarDrive is still a buggy mess. The developer claims to still be working on it, as well as a second game, but as of now the game still doesn't have all the listed features and still has the same memory crashes it had on launch. Not to mention he's apparently deleting negative feedback on the game...

Hm. Well, I played Sleeping Dogs on PC mostly with my Logitech Rumblepad 2; I found the KB+M controls to be awkward and the gamepad controls much smoother. The only time I used KB+M in that game was in the on-rails shooting missions, which were (to me) impossible to complete with a gamepad and almost absurdly easy with a mouse
To be fair, I'd say that describes those sorts of shooting missions in all the GTAs and Saint's Row games I've played, too.

The Humble Weekly Sale - Focus Home Interactive Bundle

*One Steam key for each Tier*

Focus Humble Bundle Tier 1 - $1

• Cities XL Platinum
  • Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition
  • Divinity II: Developer's Cut
  • R.A.W. Realms of Ancient War
  • Game of Thrones
  • Confrontation

Focus Humble Bundle Tier 2 - $6

• Wargame: European Escalation
  • The Testament of Sherlock Holmes

Definitely in for a buck on Focus Home. Some of the games in there aren't reviewed too well but I've wanted to try them. This looks like a good bet.

Aww, who am I kidding. They're going into the backlog.

RE Capcom sale: So Resident Evil 4 isn't on Steam I see (or any digital distribution platform I could find) :whistle2:( That's about the only thing I could see myself buying from this sale, as I've never played an RE game and was looking to start with 4 (though I hear the PC version isn't very good, so maybe I'd be better served getting it on one of the other dozen platforms it's on).

Public Service Announcement:

The Capcom Action Hits collection is twenty nine pounds and ninety nine Queen's pence sterling to those of us within Her Majesty's realm.

You poor unenlightened wastrels who think tea is a river flavouring rather than a delicious caffeinated drink can just think about what you did. That'll learn you.

RE Capcom sale: So Resident Evil 4 isn't on Steam I see (or any digital distribution platform I could find) :whistle2:( That's about the only thing I could see myself buying from this sale, as I've never played an RE game and was looking to start with 4 (though I hear the PC version isn't very good, so maybe I'd be better served getting it on one of the other dozen platforms it's on).
I recently bought RE4 retail (PC) and played it with a gamepad and can't say there's all that much difference from a consolized version. (Hadn't played it since my PS2 days.) I had a couple mods installed which caused me some problems (mainly the text mod intermittently crashed the game), but aside from that, I'd get it for whatever platform is the cheapest for you.

In for $1 tier of Focus HB.

Awesome!

Only one I already owned on Steam was GoT RPG. 

Had Divinity 2: DC elsewhere (from Larian and Amazon) - and glad to get it onto Steam. :)

Wow this Focus bundle kinda sucks, wheres Magrunner and Mars War shit  Logs. Only decent game in here is Divinity and thats it.  Now to see if Onimusha 3 is worth 5 bux or not.

I think the hidden gem in this sale is Onimusha 3: Demon Siege. I don't think it's been lower than $10 before today, so this is the lowest it's ever been.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/6570/

The port being good or not however is a different story.. I don't know how many issues it has.
I'd be curious to hear anyone's opinion of the port quality. After the Devil May Cry 3 debacle I'm not sure I want to blindly trust a PS2 port. But I did love the first and second Onimusha games back in the day so I'm definitely interested.

I think the hidden gem in this sale is Onimusha 3: Demon Siege. I don't think it's been lower than $10 before today, so this is the lowest it's ever been.

The port being good or not however is a different story.. I don't know how many issues it has.
This is super tempting. I loved the Onimusha series before capcom left it to die (then again seeing what they've done with some series perhaps its for the best). For $5 I will likely bite before the sale is done. As I really enjoyed 3.

Wow this Focus bundle kinda sucks, wheres Magrunner and Mars War shit Logs. Only decent game in here is Divinity and thats it. Now to see if Onimusha 3 is worth 5 bux or not.
Oh, I wish Mars War Logs was in the first tier or even the BTA.

Would've jumped on BTA, if it was in there.

Haha I saw this and thought of my Collectors Edition Strategy Guide I have sitting on one of my book shelves for this game.

I was tempted by it but I really worry about the port quality.

I still don't own Dark Void or Dark Void Zero and so for $3.73 for both I think I will cave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back