The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Was just about to post about this. checked the forums and a rep from the studios started posting in there. They said it was not intentional to not have the DLC on sale as well so they had steam correct it. BS or not, who knows, but at least its a reasonable price now
I'll call it a BS and trying to save face. Ill buy the DLC since its 75% off now but they wont be seeing me preordering games from them again.

The only DLC worth buying are Jimmy's Vendeta and Joe's Adventure.. so the pack isn't that great of a deal. The other DLC is just extra cars and clothes.

Now we know why GMG gave away Mafia 2. I wonder if they'll do a similar promo for Civ 5?
I've been debating this deal too, I guess I would rather buy only the story missions than be paying for the other crap. So if they put these at 75% off on Steam it'd be cheaper, $2.50 for each story pack. I'll wait.

On second thought you get $2 credit by using this voucher so if you look at it that way it's $6 for the 2 story DLCs, 8 cars, and 8 outfits. :whistle2:k Credit isn't the same as cash, but it's something.

I'll call it a BS and trying to save face. Ill buy the DLC since its 75% off now but they wont be seeing me preordering games from them again.
Did the ES devs do something in the past to warrant so much ire and suspicion?

Steam makes mistakes. So do marketing staffs at publishers.

For the last day everyone has been shitting on the ES guys for not having the DLC on sale when the Gold edition was on sale, which didn't make sense, and then when a rep says "Of course that doesn't make sense, it was a mistake and its fixed now," everyone shits on them again.

Just seems like some really bizarre reactions.

For the last day everyone has been shitting on the ES guys for not having the DLC on sale when the Gold edition was on sale, which didn't make sense, and then when a rep says "Of course that doesn't make sense, it was a mistake and its fixed now," everyone shits on them again.

Except the same thing happened during the summer sale, and they never lowered the price on the DLC, nor did they say anything.

Eldredpe, I didn't think you were naive but it turns out I was way off.

The internet is home to the bitterest muhfuckers on Earth and Saturn. It's where you can spill the salt all day and still keep your face bruiseless.

People used to exercise when they needed a cathartic outlet.

Eldredpe, I didn't think you were naive but it turns out I was way off.

The internet is home to the bitterest muhfuckers on Earth and Saturn. It's where you can spill the salt all day and still keep your face bruiseless.

People used to exercise when they needed a cathartic outlet.
If you give in, they win.

And the only thing stronger than their spite for everything is my spite for them.

I don't think people actually play Magicka. It's just something that's on sale all the time instead of whatever game I want to get.

Got a foil for Agarest Generations of war and managed to sell it for $5. Haven't been able to do that since the beta. Good game and the cards are selling for a good price too.

I don't think people actually play Magicka. It's just something that's on sale all the time instead of whatever game I want to get.
The new PvP Magicka Early Access is actually quite fun, like a quick round of DOTA. Nobody else received the Early Access code from paradox?

As far as I know. ES is the first game made by Amplitude.

Its just suspicious to me that they notice the non discount of the dlc only the day after and some rage in internet.

I don't know about the anger of other people, but for me the way they handle the dlc and gold edition brings a bad taste in my mouth. I seldom preorder games not because Im a cheapass (well I am) but I only preorder games that seems to click to me. Torchlight 2, Guildwar 2, Outlast, ES etc. Hell, I even preordered Krater. Even though Fatshark seems abandoned the Krater series I'm not mad at them like with Amplitude. Maybe because I really like Endless Space and like I said before I used to defend it a little bit fanatically.

For a percent hit (10%?) you could give it right to Jake. Just have him put up a card at the price of your funds, then buy it. Otherwise, yeah, the best way would be to group buy a 4 pack.
Ah, interesting. Never thought about that. Would have to figure something out to make it worth his time.

Interesting. After getting Mafia II from the Golden Joystick awards, GMG sent me a coupon for 75% off the DLC pack (about $8) and said that it would give me $2 credit in rewards.

Question is, is the DLC worth $8?
Got one of these too. Wonder if we could use the coupon if it's already on sale...

EDIT: Nevermind, expires on the 8th of Novemeber. Probably won't be anything before then.

If anyone wants a cheap copy of Batman AC GOTY, you can get the non-GOTY edition from Get Games Go for $4.59 (it activates on Steam), and it SHOULD (I haven't tested it) give you the GOTY upgrade for free after activating.

http://getgamesgo.com/product/batman-arkham-city

This combined with the GMG sale makes it $8.34 for AA + AC.
I'm waiting for my G4WL keys for Batman: AA from G4WL directly and Batman: AC from Origin to be able to activate online.

First time I've seen this, Batman Arkham City doesn't drop cards just from running the launcher, seems you have to be running the actual game. I left it for at least 90 minutes on the launcher and no drops, but right before that I was in the game and got one.

First time I've seen this, Batman Arkham City doesn't drop cards just from running the launcher, seems you have to be running the actual game. I left it for at least 90 minutes on the launcher and no drops, but right before that I was in the game and got one.
Haha, I found that out the hard way too. D'oh.

Any CAGs playing Magicka: Wizard Wars?
I played through the base game and Vietnam.

It's actually a lot of fun co-op.

Can't really recommend single player, though.
Wizard Wars is the new standalone free to play Magicka. It's basically what I thought they would do with Magicka since it was on sale all the stinking time: get everyone the base game for as little as possible and charge for skins and scenarios. I thought the new Magicka was going to be a phone game though. :error:

I'm holding fast on Bio: Infinite. Given Amazon's past consistent sales of 1 & 2 at $5, I would not be surprised at all for a Bioshock complete pack within six months.

Wizard Wars is the new standalone free to play Magicka. It's basically what I thought they would do with Magicka since it was on sale all the stinking time: get everyone the base game for as little as possible and charge for skins and scenarios. I thought the new Magicka was going to be a phone game though. :error:

I'm holding fast on Bio: Infinite. Given Amazon's past consistent sales of 1 & 2 at $5, I would not be surprised at all for a Bioshock complete pack within six months.
Will all of the Bs:I DLC even be released by then?

I think we might see Bs:I + Season Pass bundle handle once both Burial At Seas DLC's are released.

I don't want to call foul but it appears that you are not busy playing RE6 but posting on CAG. :whistle2:
Technically, you're correct.

I am not at this very second and moment in time playing RE6 on Steam.

But, the game that I've been playing this week - and will be playing more the next few days - likely will be RE6.

Just a heads up for anyone who is considering purchasing Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes AND already owns Fallen Enchantress: Although the owner-discount isn't reflected on the Steam storefront during sales, FE owners are still entitled to an additional 50% discount on FE:LE when purchased through the Stardock store (Paypal or CC accepted as payment methods), dropping the final sale price from $10 to $5.

Specifically, you have to go through Elemental's purchase page, and you'll be prompted to log into your Stardock account to check for discount eligibility before the FE:LE "upgrade" Steam key is added to your shopping cart:

http://elementalgame.com/fallen-enchantress/purchase

I keep telling this dude on a forum that FXAA is Nvidia-exclusive and physx improves performance. I think I've gotten him to believe me, pretty funny stuff!

Well I had just complained that some jerk on a forum is trying to make me look stupid by claiming false info about Nvidia features. Then I deleted the post cause it doesn't need to be here.

Well I had just complained that some jerk on a forum is trying to make me look stupid by claiming false info about Nvidia features. Then I deleted the post cause it doesn't need to be here.
Doesn't explaining what your deleted post was defeat the purpose of deleting the post?

I had guessed that you were saying that a dev had told you that the AO in their game only worked with nVidia cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back