The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
All this talk about Skyrim makes me realize I should go back and play that game. I mean 75 hours and I have done like 3-4 quests from the main questline, lol.

All this talk about Skyrim makes me realize I should go back and play that game. I mean 75 hours and I have done like 3-4 quests from the main questline, lol.
I love Skyrim. Siiickk game. Played through it on Xbox, now that I have it on PC I'm pretty psyched to play through it w/mods, whenever I decide to get around doing that.

So should I. Going to wait until I get Dawnguard/Dragonborn though. Then I'll probably clear out all my mods and get new ones (since all the ones I have are insanely outdated anyway) and start a new game. I always go 1-handed weapons and shield. Which was fine, but I felt silly joining the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood as a big hulking guy with heavy armor and mace/shield. I want to try out a magic or archery focused character. Spice things up a bit.

I was just reading that Deus Ex HR Director's Cut has big performance issues, but that doing some registry tweaks may fix it.
It's just performance anxiety for his new big debut, I here they make a pill for that, I wouldn't know, never needed one. :^o

But speaking of DE:HR, I can't find anywhere where it's confirmed or denied about wether the other 2 DLC's "Explosive Mission Pack" and "Tactical Enhancement Pack" are included in the new edition or not. I have seen people note that the Digital Extras are no longer provided/accessible if not purchased previously though.

Humble Bundle PC and Android 7 has added Anomaly Korea, Organ Trail: Director’s Cut, Broken Sword: Director’s Cut and Ticket to Ride Europe DLC to the BTA.

At twice the size of the original DXHR, I was expecting the Director's Cut to have higher-resolution textures, but at first glance I can't discern a difference in the textures.  I wonder what all of those extra gigabytes are for.

At twice the size of the original DXHR, I was expecting the Director's Cut to have higher-resolution textures, but at first glance I can't discern a difference in the textures. I wonder what all of those extra gigabytes are for.
Ummmm, does the game support 4K now...? ;)

It's just performance anxiety for his new big debut, I here they make a pill for that, I wouldn't know, never needed one. :^o

But speaking of DE:HR, I can't find anywhere where it's confirmed or denied about wether the other 2 DLC's "Explosive Mission Pack" and "Tactical Enhancement Pack" are included in the new edition or not. I have seen people note that the Digital Extras are no longer provided/accessible if not purchased previously though.
From what I've read, the DLC weapons are actually located in the first level now - which the player has to find, instead of them just showing up in your inventory. The mission DLC is integrated into the story progression if I remember correctly.

Speaking of DE:HR:DC - I'm still on the fence to get it or not. Already beat the base game twice and the Missing Link DLC once, but not really interested in paying $5 for a "patch" as others have stated. Was if ever confirmed if the loyalty discount was permanent or a limited time offer?

At twice the size of the original DXHR, I was expecting the Director's Cut to have higher-resolution textures, but at first glance I can't discern a difference in the textures. I wonder what all of those extra gigabytes are for.
Possibly the developer's commentaries.

Hopefully Pound of Ground, I've been waiting for that to go on sale for -years-.
I look forward to you being awed by the majesty of its script.

re: DXHR, For some reason the DLC kept its achievements separate from the main game, even though it wasn't a stand-alone product. Now they're all combined in the DC. I might've considered doing it again with the deep discount but one of the chvs is sketchy: go through the whole game w/o killing anyone. One missed accident-corpse and there goes your playthrough.

I might've considered doing it again with the deep discount but one of the chvs is sketchy: go through the whole game w/o killing anyone. One missed accident-corpse and there goes your playthrough.
Ah, yes. This is particularly problematic during
the helicopter ambush if you try to save Malik, what with those Belltower asshats killing themselves by shooting explosive barrels and the mech in the middle of the action exploding once you disable it. I had to drag one of the unconscious mercs away from the mech in the middle of the fight to preserve my Pacifist run. And once they were all down I inspected each one to make sure they were still breathing.

Worth it, though.

I haven't played it yet, but I read that one super-yellow larger screen from Deus EX DC is yellow due to the lamps on that guy's desk giving off light, that it's not how the whole game looks. Sounds to me like the DC got rid of a lot of the yellowy look that everyone complains about, even tho it doesn't look like it in that one pic.

This guy took a pic from outside that room.

After looking at a bunch of comparisons, the colors are better in the director's cut to me.

So should I. Going to wait until I get Dawnguard/Dragonborn though. Then I'll probably clear out all my mods and get new ones (since all the ones I have are insanely outdated anyway) and start a new game. I always go 1-handed weapons and shield. Which was fine, but I felt silly joining the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood as a big hulking guy with heavy armor and mace/shield. I want to try out a magic or archery focused character. Spice things up a bit.
Archery/stealth is pretty awesome

I haven't played it yet, but I read that one super-yellow larger screen from Deus EX DC is yellow due to the lamps on that guy's desk giving off light, that it's not how the whole game looks. Sounds to me like the DC got rid of a lot of the yellowy look that everyone complains about, even tho it doesn't look like it in that one pic.

This guy took a pic from outside that room.

After looking at a bunch of comparisons, the colors are better in the director's cut to me.
Thank jeebus

y u double post
Cuz I'm a moron

What the fudge man, just finished my free copy of Mafia 2 and what a horrible ending. Not only that, I can't go back into the game other than via chapter replay? I was gonna buy some of the DLC, but not any more. Left me with a bad taste.

What the fudge man, just finished my free copy of Mafia 2 and what a horrible ending. Not only that, I can't go back into the game other than via chapter replay? I was gonna buy some of the DLC, but not any more. Left me with a bad taste.
lol yeah, I think I posted before that it ends when it starts to get good.. it seemed rushed to me.

It was still a really solid game. There really isn't anything to do in that open world. Just chapter specific playboys.

I think one of the dlcs does have open world activities if that it's what you are looking for.

I suppose I'll grab Joe's Adventures DLC if I see it for super cheap. I enjoyed most of the game. If I'd paid full price I'm sure I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much. That's one less game in my backlog, too.

More games should provide photos of naked ladies as collectible items, that was like 50% of what made the game good. Old fashioned boobs were pretty nice, but asses were mostly flat.

Voucher-Low-offer-box3.jpg

Did anyone get this shit to work?

I posted a while ago that Hamilton's Adventure wouldn't start up and after some research I wondered if the cause was not having PhysX installed. I installed PhysX tonight and game launched immediately. Already made .21 profit on one of the card drops! Pretty bad glitch, or whatever you'd call it. No error message or anything.

I posted a while ago that Hamilton's Adventure wouldn't start up and after some research I wondered if the cause was not having PhysX installed. I installed PhysX tonight and game launched immediately. Already made .21 profit on one of the card drops! Pretty bad glitch, or whatever you'd call it. No error message or anything.
You should play it, it's great.

Thinking of getting Stealth Bastard Deluxe finally on the weekly and interested in both midweek deals, though wouldn't go in for both. I think I'm over my "wait until everything drops super low and then buy more games than I should" phase.

I have Vampire from about 2 years (it's been on sale on Steam a couple times or more at $5). I'm surprised how I still have it unplayed sitting there.

MP3 is an awesome game. Really. On pair with MP1 & 2 imo

Archery/stealth is pretty awesome
I agree, but it's much easier when you have a sword-sponge companion. I managed to get Lydia killed somehow. :cry:

I enjoyed it for what it was. It's not really meant to be an open-world game, The ending struck me as a setup for a sequel that has yet to come. As fun as Mafia II was, I'd definitely be in for Mafia III.

Both expansions add new factions. Dragonborn will spawn random NPCs to attack you, Dawnguard will cause village NPCs (and you) to be attacked by vampires IF you are wandering in town after the sun sets.

Although i'm in the minority with this opinion, I recommend Dawnguard. While it sounds annoying, it actually adds quite a bit of life to the world, and both sides of the quest are entertaining. It fits in well with a Skyrim modded around survival and difficulty enhancements. Getting jumped by Vampires when running for shelter before you freeze to death in a blizzard is one of the more tense moments I have come across.

On the other hand, Dragonborn adds a shiny new land to explore.

Since you're just getting started in Skyrim, i'd probably go with Dragonborn and save Dawnguard for a later playthrough.
Yeah, I thought about it and I'm probably going to put that dough towards the new Game Music Bundle.

Did I mention there's a new Game Music Bundle and Storybundle?

Never played Skyrim (yet) but thats how my playthroughs of Oblivion went... 100 plus hours on both 360 and PC and I've never once closed a Gate. :lol:

What? That ending is pretty awesome in my opinion... Still one of my most enjoyed titles this generation... I WOULD play through it again but I cannot get green man games to finish my "order" I get an opps error.

Never played Skyrim (yet) but thats how my playthroughs of Oblivion went... 100 plus hours on both 360 and PC and I've never once closed a Gate. :lol:
I've actually finished the main-quests for Morrowind + expansions & Oblivion + expansions + DLC's...

...but NEVER for Skyrim.

In all honestly, the main-quest in any Elder Scrolls base-game is really just another quest-line in the game. Often, the base-game's main quest usually is nowhere as great as some of the other side-quests and quest-lines; and often even nowhere as great as even what the expansion-packs come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back