The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
photo-thumb-380569.jpg
 Joe Danger 1&2 and Spelunky Steam By Krugozor - Today, 04:44 PM

$6 for Spelunky; $5 for Joe Danger + Joe Danger 2: The Movie + Bonus Content

He accepts Steam Wallet too: TF2 keys are worth $1.90 to him.

I'm interested in it as well. However from reading the Steam forums for the game, it sounds like I should get the "massive" edition. That would be about $15-$20 out of my price range. Anybody know if the difference is worth double the price?

Surprising to read it has no online co-op. It was the only feature that made the game as fun as it could be on console. Although that still was not very fun.
I suppose the game plays -fine-, but it's just not a Ghostbusters game. It doesn't have the same... feeling as the movies or the game sequel. It has no voice acting, all the cutscenes are done through comics, the characters don't look like they're supposed to... it's a mess. It's just a bunch of newbies doing what the Ghostbusters themselves should be doing.

On a slightly related topic, I dissected Sanctum of Slime some time ago and posted my findings up at The Cutting Room Floor. There's tons of unused stuff in the game files, and even early character concept artwork.

So what are everybody's recommendations? I'm thinking about the Sherlock Holmes pack and will probably get I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, which is one of the more fucked up games I've played. Other than that I don't see much for me. Most of my wants these days are new releases, AAA titles, or bundle fodder, and I feel like all the bundles have spoiled me.  Of course, like everybody else, I'm waiting to see what Jake comes up with...

So what are everybody's recommendations? I'm thinking about the Sherlock Holmes pack and will probably get I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, which is one of the more fucked up games I've played. Other than that I don't see much for me. Most of my wants these days are new releases, AAA titles, or bundle fodder, and I feel like all the bundles have spoiled me. Of course, like everybody else, I'm waiting to see what Jake comes up with...
I grabbed spelunky even though it likely will get bundled. Just really wanted to play it and 50% was good enough plus steam card money so it was an easy sale.. I'm also eying the Joe Danger Bundle (hoping Jake has a deal on this). Nothing else really catches my eye or is to pricey for my tastes. I am disappointed Van Helsings DLC isn't on sale.

I was able to get my Steam Key for Knytt Underground through the Desura client.  The website told me to get it from my IndieRoyale profile, which it isn't there yet.  I tried the collection page on the client and was able to get one.

Edit: that is what I get for not refreshing my page.

Edit Again: It is now showing up on the Desura collection page on the website.

I was able to get my Steam Key for Knytt Underground through the Desura client. The website told me to get it from my IndieRoyale profile, which it isn't there yet. I tried the collection page on the client and was able to get one.

Edit: that is what I get for not refreshing my page.
photo-thumb-142324.jpg

You guys were discussing this recently:

4e82dfe8-dcb1-4f86-82e7-21e915950032_zps1c7357f6.jpg

So what are everybody's recommendations?
I'm a huge fan of Orcs Must Die. There's a demo on Steam and tons of videos on YouTube to check out. It is a FPS Tower Defense game with good humor, excellent production quality from an indie dev, tons of flexibility and creativity in character/trap selection, and a huge amount of gameplay to be had if you buy the complete pack for $8.74. It also has Co-op MP, workshop support, and a snappy soundtrack. Hands down my favorite indie game. I don't think I have played an indie game with this level of quality.

Edit: plus if more people buy it, then I have more people to play in MP or scoreboard compete with!

I grabbed spelunky even though it likely will get bundled. Just really wanted to play it and 50% was good enough plus steam card money so it was an easy sale.. I'm also eying the Joe Danger Bundle (hoping Jake has a deal on this). Nothing else really catches my eye or is to pricey for my tastes. I am disappointed Van Helsings DLC isn't on sale.
Spelunky's worth full price. I got it on sale for xbox a bit back on a whim...got more than my money's worth. Very addicting, and difficult.

I'm a huge fan of Orcs Must Die. There's a demo on Steam and tons of videos on YouTube to check out. It is a FPS Tower Defense game with good humor, excellent production quality from an indie dev, tons of flexibility and creativity in character/trap selection, and a huge amount of gameplay to be had if you buy the complete pack for $8.74. It also has Co-op MP, workshop support, and a snappy soundtrack. Hands down my favorite indie game. I don't think I have played an indie game with this level of quality.

Edit: plus if more people buy it, then I have more people to play in MP or scoreboard compete with!
OMD has been on my radar for a long time. I played the demo for the second one and liked it. I just don't know if I want to drop $8.75 on it. It's this weird scenario where the base game is so cheap I would pick it up except I don't want to lose out on the bargain of the bundle, but the bundle is beyond my typical threshold for single purchases...

Also it was this price during the summer sale. If it was cheaper I'd almost definitely bite.

Also it was this price during the summer sale. If it was cheaper I'd almost definitely bite.
My thought is, the franchise pack includes both games+dlc, neither of which have been bundled, nor cheaper. Thus I have my doubts they will ever get bundled and the only way for the price to go down at this point is a base price lowering, which I doubt will happen until their new IP gets released. So really, the old argument of "are you going to play it now or put it in your backlog" is what you need to decide. I liked the first one, as the series has a bit of a story, and helps prep you for the second. But the cheapo option would be to split a complete two pack w/ panda discount and each copy would probably be $4.

I may be biased with my 170 hours played in the series though . . .

I'm looking at Orion Dino Horde. It seems this is a complete revamped game built over Beatdown. Also, many people are comparing it with KF. Anyone played it? Are there many (not european) servers?

I don't know if you'll see Orcs Must Die franchise get any cheaper within the next year or so.  Although they dropped to 75% off pretty fast it has held steadily at that (with the same base price) for several of the last major sales.  Could it be bundled?  Possibly.  Although I'd think the time for that would have been prior to OMD2 coming out and sticking OMD1 in Humble.

I got the first shortly after it came out at 75% off.  Liked it so much I pre-ordered the second in a 2-pack paying about $10ish.  Never bothered with the DLC because I feel it's too expensive (even at 75% off) for the amount of content offered.  If you've never played you could pass on the first game which is inferior to the second in every possible way.  Splitting a 2-pack of OMD2 complete would only be $5 each and less from your friendly neighborhood Russians.

OMD has been on my radar for a long time. I played the demo for the second one and liked it. I just don't know if I want to drop $8.75 on it. It's this weird scenario where the base game is so cheap I would pick it up except I don't want to lose out on the bargain of the bundle, but the bundle is beyond my typical threshold for single purchases...

OMD2 is definitely worth the $6.25 asking price ($5 even more so), especially if you have someone to play co-op with. If you buy the first, you're probably not going to want to play it... however, owning it does unlock its levels (there are 10 of them) in the second game, so it may be worth buying of you enjoy the second.

The levels aren't anything special and are fairly mediocre compared to the ones in OMD2.  Essentially you're paying $3.75 for a set of levels you won't even miss.

I can't help it if your tastes are so ill-refined you don't enjoy glorious 8-bit NES combat.  Also, in my defense, my computer recently died so I'm having to use a Mac for the time being while I assemble components for a new PC.  Of the 130ish or so Mac/Steamplay titles I have I'd say 95% of them are indie bundle fodder games.

Oh sweet lord, this Halloween sale is gonna murder me! Outlast, Amnesia, Typing of The Dead: Overkill, Blood of The Werewolf and then Sniper Elite Nazi Zombie 2 is coming in 2 days, bah gawd!   :drool:

Thank you Sir, and I hereby bequeath you a digital cookie for your valiant efforts.

Anyone got a 3-day pass for TSW? I'm tempted to pick it up on sale.

I Believe walkonshadows has some passes if no one else has any, least his signature still said that.
Yep, just PM me your email. I have to plug it into Funcoms website, and they send the pass. Has to be an active member to "invite" you for the 3 day pass, good time to get in, the Halloween event is going on, and the Massive Edition that's on sale with all the current updates included is actually a really good deal (updates past the 4th one are equal to about $10 in real monies). Remember, you don't have to pay a sub unless you want to.......and you will. Oh yes, you will. One of us! One of Us!

Am I going crazy, or have a few things been added to JakeNome's spreadsheet since this morning? (specifically, I don't remember seeing the Sherlock Holmes games on there) I'm hoping there's more coming. I'm sitting on a long list of games here, waiting to see what the most cost-effective way of obtaining them will be...between JakeNome prices, card money, etc.

Nevermind, he's definitely updating now, haha.

Just bought it (*edit* it being FF VII) for $3+tax a few minutes ago. Still showing up at $3.00 promo price when I go to storefront on the web.

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/pd/ThemeID.8605600/productID.285183700/Final_Fantasy_VII.html
Hm.. you're right. I tried it in a different browser and it's showing up as $3. I bought it a few hours ago, I'm not sure why it's showing up different in a different browser now.

Might be a sign that it's going off sale soon.

Is it just me or are more and more games getting added to the Halloween sale? I swear I keep seeing new games added each time I look and consider buying some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back