The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone seen the new Evil Dead? I wanted to, never got around to it (yet).
Agreed with the other posts above. The Campbell films are campy and slightly horrifying, although more often than not feel B-rated (especially ED2). The new one is a dark, horror-themed nightmare. Great gore, very gruesome. The ending is by far the best part.

The Conjuring is also good.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k10ETZ41q5o[/youtube]

I'm too much of a wuss to watch actual horror movies, but The Frighteners (featuring Michael J. Fox) is really, really, really good.

It's got ghosts in it. That counts, right?
That was on TV here the other night and I loved it. It's not really a "horror" movie, definitely more a comedy, but it's got some creepy bits. It's funny how they try to portray the movie taking place in America when it's super obvious that it's in New Zealand. I'm still confused how Peter Jackson got funding for Lord of the Rings after he made movies like this. Though I hear Heavenly Creatures is good.

Anybody ever see Dead Alive/Braindead? I hear that's a pretty fun gorefest, but I'm too much of a pansy to actually watch it.

Is 
header_292x136.jpg
 any good with bots?

Awesome news:

My Batman: Arkham City code from EA Origin just activated up on Steam. :D

One of two problems w/ Batman problems solved.

Bad news:

Arkham Asylum code from G4WL still won't activate up on Steam.

Neutral News:

WB Games replied to my ticket about Batman AA + AC activation onto Steam finally from this past weekend. They said that they are still getting their game-keys added to the Steam database. They said to keep trying and if the keys don't work 5 days from the e-mail, contact them - and supply to them my game keycode & pic of proof of purchase. If I can't find that, tell them where I bought the game and provide e-mail w/ purchase info, if possible. At least they're trying to help.

I want to buy the big brother bundle... but I can't find any way to input my mail before paying... or I have to pay first and then they'll ask my mail??? I feel dumb

It's certainly not a good sign for the Xbox One that it can't even handle a launch title at 1080p. Of course, over time developers will learn the system better and get the most out of it. However, at the same time, as the generation progresses, games will become even more demanding.

Fisher-Price.png

I'm too much of a wuss to watch actual horror movies, but The Frighteners (featuring Michael J. Fox) is really, really, really good.
Yeah, I'm not much of a horror movie fan. I can do campy horror, and I can do survival horror, but basic monster or slasher flicks are just not for me. I had a post some time back here about the nightmares that The Neverending Story gave me.

Great suggestions on all these horror & Halloween movies. The last couple of horror-ish movies I saw were Cabin in the Woods & Warm Bodies a couple months ago. I liked them both. I'm not a huge horror fan, but I do like that uncomfortable feeling one gets from watching a horror movie.

Perfect Dark on the N64 is the only game in history to be any good with bots.
The bots from the original Unreal Tournament were an excellent way to practice for LAN parties. They were ridiculously, ball-stompingly good. I could only ever play with them on the 3rd or 4th difficulty setting (out of 7 or 8, I forget).

The bots from the original Unreal Tournament were an excellent way to practice for LAN parties. They were ridiculously, ball-stompingly good. I could only ever play with them on the 3rd or 4th difficulty setting (out of 7 or 8, I forget).
Hey, my mom's sister made $87 an hour looking at websites working from home! It's easy just go to http://www....

Oh wait, not those type of bots?

Have you tried an ether soaked rag?
Mmmmm ether...sweet, sweet, ether.

Agreed with the other posts above. The Campbell films are campy and slightly horrifying, although more often than not feel B-rated (especially ED2). The new one is a dark, horror-themed nightmare. Great gore, very gruesome. The ending is by far the best part.

The Conjuring is also good.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k10ETZ41q5o[/youtube]
The Conjuring was the last horror movie in a while that I genuinely enjoyed. A nice slow-burning thriller that doesn't over do the jump scares. When the scare do come, they are actually scary and not watered down from the earlier build up.

Stupid ass NCIX.ca makes you wait 3-5 business days to get your free Nvidia bundle games. They don't tell you that though, I had to email back and forth several times to get a straight answer.

And because I picked it up in-store the website support says they don't have the capability to check whether I'm entitled to the games. It shows the games on my receipt on both the website and what I got from the store!

I have a weird issue. Skyrim at the 314.something drivers for nvidia runs like a charm. I have around 80 or 90 mods installed, and on max settings I get between 35-50 fps, depending on where I am. I've been keeping at those drivers because if I update, it wrecks. Like, 10-15 fps, on low settings w/out mods. Da fuq? Anyway, I'd been putting off updating my drivers because of that, but a few games won't start because my drivers aren't up to date (Tiny/grandpa's leftovers, amnesia). I really wanted to play amnesia tonight, so I updated my drivers. It's a different driver than last time, so I checked to see how skyrim does. Same old shizz - it's wrecked. Does anybody else have/ever heard of this? Any ideas? I'm not planning on playing skyrim anytime soon, and when I do, I could roll back temporarily, but this is pissing me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back