CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
So...I haven't seen this brought up, but then again probably missed it, but Best Buy has Steam cards on sale. I saw $50 for $47.50 and $100 for $95.

C'mon Magicka Flash sale! Let's just get it over with already. :razz:
8OyNzXQ.gif

If you voted for RE6, check to see how many more votes you need for an extra card. I'm not sure if my vote counted after all. T_T

The You Dont Know Jack show 50% off on the front page but if you go to the purchase page it is 75% off, $5 bucks

Edit:

Now showing 75% on front page.

If you voted for RE6, check to see how many more votes you need for an extra card. I'm not sure if my vote counted after all. T_T
It counted. I voted and it said I voted 11 times needed 1 more vote to get a card.

There was a Telltale Humble Weekly Bundle. It was the BTA game. Can't remember what the price was but it was between $4 - $5 and that was the best deal. I don't know if it's gone lower anywhere else.
Damn I suppose ill wait in hopes of round 2 from them lol.....maybe ill get all the Walking dead in like 3 years! haha

For Posterity: Community Voting Results

The fuck tards have spoken

26% - DmC: Devil May Cry
29% - Dead Space™ 2
45% - The Walking Dead

DmC: Devil May Cry - 26%
Dead Space™ 2 - 29%
The Walking Dead - 45%
Thanks, but the lack of alignment bothers me.
:twitch:

I'm going to start voting based on which game's main character has better hair. In this case Dead Space 2 wins because Issac isn't emo.
resident-evil-6-leon-resident-evil-30614986-578-806.png
the-redesign-of-devil-may-cry-an-interesting-new-direction-or-a-total-fiasco_r-fac_212.jpg
Honestly I liked the new Dante. Accept him for who he is. And that isn't old Dante. But he fits well.

You can play as old Dante, you just need to buy some dlc! Everyone loves to buy DLC
DLC makes Capcom go round and round and rouuuuuuunnddd
Base.jpg
That's not old Dante. Heck, that's not even up to the old-Dante cameo in the first chapter. That's some two-bit imposter. Bad cosplay, but not in a good way, like Sailor Bubba.

2add73c9bbd549df1495b316b06cd3ef-d4rvj40.jpg

Does anyone care what I vote for?  I'm defaulting to Jedi Knight because I have Duke Nukem 3D (Humble Bundle iirc) and BF2 ($1 Origin sale, for the Racing Mod :)).

any thoughts on mount and blade collection for $7?
Did you ever play Sid Meier's Pirates (remake)? Yeah, it's a sandbox that is kind of similar to that - so instead of getting groups of pirates to join you and being on ships, you form groups of people to join your band to try to conquer lands, areas, and influence the world. You meet up w/ people, pay them, and then they'll join you in battle. Though, like Sid Meier's Pirates (remake) - after a while and doing, more or less, the same things over and over - yeah, after say 5-10 hours or so, you might be ready to throw the towel in and move onto something else.

You run around a map; see enemy encounters on the map; can get caught into battles; do battles in a battlefield; and do quests for Kings, Towns, Factions, Empires, etc. Up to you - your call.

Okay - while combat on foot is fine, there's something special about the horse combat. Right - you can go into battles on a horse! BEST horse combat ever. When on a horse, you will swing/attack - and the more powerful the swing and/or also depending on how fast your horse is going, more damage you'll do. It's all taken into account. Simply put - it's awesome.

Graphics were never anything special here - especially in M&B Original (it looks like Morrowind engine days). Sure, they got better on the graphics w/ the newer games - but don't expect Skyrim here.

The Secret of Magic Crystals lv5 badge:

9a93d86085bcb7e52ea7514ecdab60a5178ad742.png
Alright who wants some pony love here?

I am giving away a copy of The Secret of Magic Crystals to the first person that post the correct answer.

What is the name of the horse that is a good friend of Joey, in a movie directed by Steven Spielberg?

Now I'm pretty damn sure that I bought the Deluxe version of Oblivion: GOTY, but my library says just GOTY DLC under the DLC tab, is that all it says? nothing to differentiate between them, or do I not have the Deluxe version?
The Deluxe version has the Oblivion Game of the Year DLC while the GOTY version do not, strange but that is the difference.

I'm going to start voting based on which game's main character has better hair. In this case Dead Space 2 wins because Issac isn't emo.

resident-evil-6-leon-resident-evil-30614986-578-806.png
the-redesign-of-devil-may-cry-an-interesting-new-direction-or-a-total-fiasco_r-fac_212.jpg
LcnCr64.jpg

11 votes here as well, it did count afterall.

The Bridge definitely worth $1.50 for anyone who likes logic puzzles, and games in the vein of Braid. It doesn't quite reach its full potential, but the art is fantastic and the majority of the puzzles are very clever. It is rather short at about 2-3 hours, but I found it a very original and engrossing experience. Likely to show up in a bundle sometime like everything, but if you think you will actually play it I'd suggest picking it up.

-->Steam Review

Does anyone care what I vote for? I'm defaulting to Jedi Knight because I have Duke Nukem 3D (Humble Bundle iirc) and BF2 ($1 Origin sale, for the Racing Mod :)).
I also voted for Jedi Knight - I don't have that.

I have BF2 Complete + Duke Nukem 3D Megaton already.

They're mounted (horseback) combat games with interesting squad building and management. The combat itself takes a little getting used to, but I find it to be very satisfying. They aren't the most beautiful games, and they do get somewhat repetitive, but I absolutely love running around the world.

I recommend heading over to youtube and looking for some gameplay videos. M&B isn't for everyone. And like Mooby said, Warband is probably all you'll need.

Just finished playing Demon's Souls...great game.

I always have trouble deciding what to play next, so I thought to put it up to a vote:

1) Elder Scrolls Morrowind

2) Half Life 1

3) Call of Chthulu

4) Far Cry 3

5) S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 1

any feedback/votes would be appreciated muchly k plz thnx
I say STALKER because that game is one of the three games I'm playing right now :)

Does anyone care what I vote for? I'm defaulting to Jedi Knight because I have Duke Nukem 3D (Humble Bundle iirc) and BF2 ($1 Origin sale, for the Racing Mod :)).
Jedi Knight! I actually want that game.

Im so pissed disney has star wars' rights. Sellling these old ass games for these prices...blargh

The Bridge definitely worth $1.50 for anyone who likes logic puzzles, and games in the vein of Braid. It doesn't quite reach its full potential, but the art is fantastic and the majority of the puzzles are very clever. It is rather short at about 2-3 hours, but I found it a very original and engrossing experience. Likely to show up in a bundle sometime like everything, but if you think you will actually play it I'd suggest picking it up.

-->Steam Review<--

EDIT: and yes, I realize nobody was asking.
I was asking :) think I'm gonna buy it.

Is anyone else getting the YDKJ bundle? That's super tempting for $5.

Have they aged well?
A fair number of CAG regulars are, and are quite excited about this flash sale.

I on the other hand am terrible with pop kulture knowledge (doesn't go VROOM), and am giving it an apathic questioning.

I actually regret getting this game. It was cool at first, but I found the combat clunky (and I fully admit I may have just sucked at it), and I found the over world portion confusing. I couldn't find people I was told to meet, couldn't find objectives, and was generally confused.

M&B: Warband - if you just want to play singleplayer, but it does have multiplayer.

M&B: Warband:Napoleonic Wars - if you want more multiplayer.

M&B - pass it

M&B: With Fire & Sword - if you want guns, and/or use guns in multiplayer, but the mechanics are wonky. (i.e. - peasants killing you in 1 or 2 shots from a rifle).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back