CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the input regarding mount and blade series. will check out some you tube videos to see in action.

I play single player mainly so probable only get warband

Is anyone else getting the YDKJ bundle? That's super tempting for $5.

Have they aged well?
I bought the first one a la carte like a square during the autumn sale and it's still a ton of fun! Granted if you don't have a friend or two with a taste for irreverent humor and a mind full of 80s and 90s pop culture references, you likely won't get a lot out of it, but otherwise it's still among the most fun I've ever had with a MP game.

Still debating the $5 pack though, as while I love the games, that seems like a bit of overkill :whistle2:k

thanks for the input regarding mount and blade series. will check out some you tube videos to see in action.

i dont play many multiplayer games other than the occasional MMO...and Warband + the Napoleonic Wars was fun multiplayer.

200 people running around shooting muskets and bayoneting each other is pretty hilarious

Sword of the Stars: The Pit looks like a space themed rogue-like. Seems like a great idea. Anyone care to weigh on it?
The game mechanics are so overly complex and awkward I never made it far into it. I recommend staying far away.

BTW, anyone have a code for Jamestown for sale/trade? I started playing it and a buddy of mine wants to coop it with me so I want to pick it up for him.
I think I have a bundle leftover key. PM me if you're still looking for this.

he literally gave birth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ly1UTgiBXM

Feb 10, 2012

You must have been on an anti steam DRM rant or something
Did you notice that MysterD backwards is DRM with etsy in the middle?

DRetsyM

it-s-a-fact-o.gif

I've resisted getting it because I know I can't get a big group of friends together to play it. If you could then you could have fun like this

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD5J5LEBVCk[/youtube]

I bought the first one a la carte like a square during the autumn sale and it's still a ton of fun! Granted if you don't have a friend or two with a taste for irreverent humor and a mind full of 80s and 90s pop culture references, you likely won't get a lot out of it, but otherwise it's still among the most fun I've ever had with a MP game.

Still debating the $5 pack though, as while I love the games, that seems like a bit of overkill :whistle2:k
How raunchy does the humor get? Is it INCREDIBLY offensive? Not sure if my wife would want to play.

I'm guessing this is the cheapest M&B: Napoleonic War DLC has maybe been?

Was it ever bundled?

EDIT:

and etsy is a website that focuses on VINTAGE items - mysterd longs for the days of vintage games like planescape, baldur's gate...and before all of the modern DRM practices
And yet, I ain't ever freaking went back to IWD1, IWD2, TOEE and other old games that I really should go back to...

I still barely played old games I got on GOG like Septerra Core, Anachronox, and Omikron, as well...

Ugh....

How raunchy does the humor get? Is it INCREDIBLY offensive? Not sure if my wife would want to play.
It got a T by the ESRB so it isn't anything that wouldn't pass in a PG-13 movie. You can choose your questions though so you could skip the ones talking about how Romans used human muscle tissue as condoms, and stuff like that.

But why would you, it's educational!

It got a T by the ESRB so it isn't anything that wouldn't pass in a PG-13 movie. You can choose your questions though so you could skip the ones talking about how Romans used human muscle tissue as condoms, and stuff like that.

But why would you, it's educational!
Spoilers, dude.

The game mechanics are so overly complex and awkward I never made it far into it. I recommend staying far away.

I think I have a bundle leftover key. PM me if you're still looking for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ly1UTgiBXM
Ug

Ive been occasionally checking the sale, havent seen anything interesting.

Have there been any good/really good deals on co-op/multiplayer rpgs?  (action rpgs?)

Ive been occasionally checking the sale, havent seen anything interesting.

Have there been any good/really good deals on co-op/multiplayer rpgs? (action rpgs?)
I've been looking at those myself, so far the only thing I see is Forced, but at 50% and 7.50. I cant talk myself into biting.

I've been looking at those myself, so far the only thing I see is Forced, but at 50% and 7.50. I cant talk myself into biting.
I might be able to bite if its a 75% flash deal, and then did a 4 pack

But it only seems kinda mediocre.

Starbound is by far the most interesting thing on there, but its still MSRP (15$)

Dunno if id wanna spend that knowing ill be able to get it for like 3$ in a few months

Also you can just pick up Warband now and maybe think about Napoleonic Wars later. Combined the two are cheaper than the complete pack and, although you get two more things for $1 in the pack Mount & Blade vanilla is pointless to own (aside from a few mods) as Warband is the same thing just with better physics and added content. Fire & Sword is terrible. Developed by modders and the devs just slapped their seal of approval on it. Awful compared to Warband.

With Warband just keep in mind there's no real story. It's total sandbox but still really fun fighting for a kingdom or making your own.

I know most of you are disappointed with Walking Dead winning the vote, but this is the first time the 400 Days DLC has been 75% off on Steam, although it has been that price at Amazon and Gamestop I think. Grabbed it with my steambux, bringing my total for this sale to almost $3.

I know most of you are disappointed with Walking Dead winning the vote, but this is the first time the 400 Days DLC has been 75% off on Steam, although it has been that price at Amazon and Gamestop I think. Grabbed it with my steambux, bringing my total for this sale to almost $3.
high roller over hereeee

Does anyone care what I vote for? I'm defaulting to Jedi Knight because I have Duke Nukem 3D (Humble Bundle iirc) and BF2 ($1 Origin sale, for the Racing Mod :)).
I defaulted to highest discount mode. (Not going to buy any -> no "please vote for" comments in thread => vote for game with highest discount.)

Is anyone else getting the YDKJ bundle? That's super tempting for $5.

Have they aged well?
I'm probably going to pick it up. It's the only thing that has excited me since the $5 Bioshock Infinite Season Pass glitch, and (if I do buy it) it will be the second thing I bought this sale. The last was ESJ DLC.)

400 Days (steam key) has been 75% off a number of time. I fail to see why steam selling it for 75% off is important.

...oh right Gaben's hush money.

I defaulted to highest discount mode. (Not going to buy any -> no "please vote for" comments in thread => vote for game with highest discount.)
I could do that, but your see my vote doesn't actually make a difference. Thus I might as well be nice to someone.

[customspoiler='There she goes again...']yammering on about feelings & emotions, and that touchy-feely-warm-fuzzies crap.[/customspoiler]

I just got my SECOND foil globe from crafting badges. I sold a #8 yesterday for $3 (2.60ish) and now I got a Foil #6. More card money.

It would have had evil evil steam drm.
Steam DRM is absolutely fine & acceptable, when there ain't other DRM involved.

These games are old - likely, they'll have only CEG or nothing at all.

There's no way I'm going to spend ridiculous amounts of money to find these games on disc on EBay and other places. These games will NOT be cheap. Screw that noise.

GOG doesn't carry these currently, unfortunately.

Steam DRM is absolutely fine & acceptable, when there ain't other DRM involved.
These games are old - likely, they'll have only CEG or nothing at all.

There's no way I'm going to spend ridiculous amounts of money to find these games on disc on EBay and other places. These games will NOT be cheap. Screw that noise.

GOG doesn't carry these currently, unfortunately.
You just said in the Amazon thread (quote below), that you were happy not having them on steam. Now you're going on about having them on steam, and the virtues of steam DRM. You're sounding like some sort of flip-flopper.

I guess this time for y'all Steam-fans - Amazon Don't Know Jack! ;)

I already bought YDKJ 9-pack (DRM-FREE version) from ADVG other day and added them as Non-Steam games, so....doesn't effect me.
{shrug}
I do that a lot w/ Non-Steam games.

But just said in the Amazon thread (quote below), that you were happy not having them on steam. Now you're going on about having them on steam, and the virtues of steam DRM. You're sounding like some sort of flip-flopper.
Are you talking about YDKJ or Jedi series?

YDKJ 9-game pack is DRM-FREE on Amazon DVG - I'm fine w/ this. I added those as Non-Steam games.

AFAIK, Jedi Knight series are NOT DRM-FREE digitally. Find me a DRM-FREE copy digitally legally - and I'll be interested in Non-Steam versions of those.

EDIT:

Side note - Dark Forces is DRM-FREE on Steam. It uses DOSBOX - so, CEG ain't attached:

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/list_of_drmfree_games_on_steam/page1

EDIT 2:

Called it.
We've covered all of this DRM-stuff before and my feelings on it, numerous times....

I'll tolerate DRM in many instances - but yes, I'm not super-fond of it.

Do I prefer DRM-FREE?

Yes, damn right I do. I don't have to deal w/ any extra stuff - just have my game files; and go play; and not worry about disc-checks, Internet DRM-checks, game-clients, etc.

On Steam-versions for me...

I don't like multiple DRM's on Steam-versions. I don't want multiple hoops to jump through. Steam DRM is certainly enough.

Now, I do get very happy on Steam-versions when CEG is not wrapped around game-EXE's and game-launchers.

When that is true, I'll often opt for Steam-version over other DRM-FREE versions - b/c in essence, you can run the game w/out Steam going, once downloaded. Also you can copy the game-files elsewhere, boot game, and it'll work. These games are essentially DRM-FREE, as long as you have the files backed-up. You can have both the best of DRM-FREE and Steam-worlds here - when CEG and other DRM ain't involved in Steam-versions.

The Ultimate For Me...

Is when Indie dev's, companies, HB's, Groupees, etc - they offer you BOTH DRM-FREE for download from them and also Steam-keys. Best of both worlds.

Are you talking about YDKJ or Jedi series?

YDKJ 9-game pack is DRM-FREE on Amazon DVG - I'm fine w/ this. I added those as Non-Steam games.

AFAIK, Jedi Knight series are NOT DRM-FREE digitally. Find me a DRM-FREE copy digitally legally - and I'll be interested in Non-Steam versions of those.
I thought we were talking about YDKJ. I think this discussion just drove off a cliff. >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back