CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
They just did. It's called the The Millennium Skins Pack for Batman™: Arkham Origins

Here's what it includes:

The Millennium Skins Pack for Batman™: Arkham Origins contains six bonus skins based on a variety of classic and modern storylines pulled from the comics*. The content can be used in challenges maps, as well as the single-player campaign upon completion of the main story and in multiplayer for players that reach Level 2.

Included in the pack are:

• Red Son Batman
  • Blackest Night Batman
  • 1st Appearance Batman
  • New 52 Graphic Batman
  • Batman™: Noe
  • One Year Later Robin (available in multiplayer mode only on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC)
Thanks sir. This is crazy, you can unlock New 52 and Noel in the game. I unlocked both without any DLC. I would probably still pay .25 for this though. A kind CAG gave me his code, thanks!

Did some more research, you unlock Red Son by unlocking 10 suits in the mobile game, Blackest Night by doing some high level shit in the multiplayer, 1st appearance seems to be exclusive to the DLC or collector's edition. I'd never unlock those without the DLC so I'd say it's an okay pack depending on how cheap you can get it, just for those 3 skins.

Re: Batman skins

Freaking blows chunks that you can't just use the skins whenever you want. Why do you have to beat the SP to enjoy the SP the way you want to?

Redeeming a humble gift is an interesting process. No key was given, I had to give the site permission to activate the item on my account. I can see why this makes selling keys a more complex process, but I guess it's still possible at least.

Re: Batman skins

Freaking blows chunks that you can't just use the skins whenever you want. Why do you have to beat the SP to enjoy the SP the way you want to?
What I just found out that's disappointing is that all of the Arkham City skins are available in Origins, but only in multiplayer. I really liked some of those skins, and I paid for all of them before everyone was upgraded to GOTY edition. Would love to use them in single player.

Regarding the AMD promo, I was able to get a Gold Reward for 20 dollars on ebay, which allows me to redeem three games, which will be Thief (a gamble, I know), Saints Row IV and something else for a friend or a trade. Even without the third game, 10 bucks for each of those is a steal.

Regarding the AMD promo, I was able to get a Gold Reward for 20 dollars on ebay, which allows me to redeem three games, which will be Thief (a gamble, I know), Saints Row IV and something else for a friend or a trade. Even without the third game, 10 bucks for each of those is a steal.
I've got to imagine that's an unbeatable price for Thief on day one ...

Sadly, I have no idea if I'll have a PC capable of doing anything with it when it comes out... So I'll likely have to pass.

Man, Amazon customer service today reminds me of those Capital One commercials... 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8L2cI8brzQ

Pardon Discover card.

Edit: I got my an Razer Orbweaver from the Warehouse...  Used - Like New condition.  It came in a giant plastic bag... No box.  Looks to be in really good shape.

Edit 2: After talking two two agents I got a partial refund for $26.21 (Meaning I got a like new Orbweaver for half price.  $61.05 to be exact.)

I can be happy with that. :)

Is Lost Planet: EC worth it? I know it originally got bad reviews on PC, but did patches fix anything?
Hopefully someone can give you a definitive answer but... It went from a 66 to a 70 on metacritic for "professional" reviews and a 7.3 to an 8.0 for user scores.

Its still got Windows for Games Live built into it.

Never buy a GPU based on what free games are included. That's how they get you.
It's not so much that just the relative resale value of the bundles being about the same. Most of my friends poop on AMD and say Nvidia is the way to go so I'll probably end up with a 770. Just waiting for a decent mini-price-promo (finding one around $320ish).

That's exactly what I did. I bought a Gold Reward card off eBay ($18) back in September and have just been waiting for a reason to use it. Obvious choices are Saints Row IV and Thief, but the other titles offered could've easily been found for cheap recently. I was hoping BF4 would be added, but it seems unlikely now with an exclusivity to the new AMD R9 series card lineup.

I think I'll continue to wait until December to see if another game option appears, because I'd hate to redeem it when the 3rd title would be one of these: Hitman Absolution, Sleeping Dogs, Deus Ex HR, Sniper Elite V2, FC3 Blood Dragon (Uplay) and Dirt 3. Already have all of them and I doubt the demand to buy would be slim at best.

Nevermind, it's a skin pack. I'd pay up to .25 if anyone wants to give it up. A kind CAG gave me his code, thanks!

Great, now who am I giving my code to...

It's not so much that just the relative resale value of the bundles being about the same. Most of my friends poop on AMD and say Nvidia is the way to go so I'll probably end up with a 770. Just waiting for a decent mini-price-promo (finding one around $320ish).
$329 is the MSRP for 770s now, in the US at least. Close enough? I paid $350 for mine in Canada, and then sold two of the included games for $55.

Is Lost Planet: EC worth it? I know it originally got bad reviews on PC, but did patches fix anything?
It's a running joke to hate on Lost Planet (though a lot of people do dislike it), but for what it's worth, I've always loved the game. It's not without flaws, but it has a cool setting, interesting story, and the combat and boss battles are relatively unique to the TPS genre and fun once you get the hang of things.

The multiplayer was a blast too, but it's dead now.

$329 is the MSRP for 770s now, in the US at least. Close enough? I paid $350 for mine in Canada, and then sold two of the included games for $55.
I gotta be a true CAG! That said, Newegg is having a 72 hours promo of 5% off any computer component so that's basically another $15+ off.

I gotta be a true CAG! That said, Newegg is having a 72 hours promo of 5% off any computer component so that's basically another $15+ off.
That's worth the wait. I did research and went with the Gigabyte 2GB model. It's a bit cheaper than some of the other brands if you were interested. I didn't pick it for price, it seemed like the best 770 to me.

You should also know I'm a horrible procrastinator when it comes to semi-major purchases (e.g. a GPU I'll be using the next 2-4 years).  I know Gigabyte, MSI, and EVGA are all good brands but have heard EVGA has better service.

Figured I would take a look and I grabbed one for $20 too. Thanks for the heads up!

That's exactly what I did. I bought a Gold Reward card off eBay ($18) back in September and have just been waiting for a reason to use it. Obvious choices are Saints Row IV and Thief, but the other titles offered could've easily been found for cheap recently. I was hoping BF4 would be added, but it seems unlikely now with an exclusivity to the new AMD R9 series card lineup.

I think I'll continue to wait until December to see if another game option appears, because I'd hate to redeem it when the 3rd title would be one of these: Hitman Absolution, Sleeping Dogs, Deus Ex HR, Sniper Elite V2, FC3 Blood Dragon (Uplay) and Dirt 3. Already have all of them and I doubt the demand to buy would be slim at best.
Now I'm debating buying one of these Gold Reward cards. Saw a few on ebay just now, going for about 20-22 a pop. I'd also pick up SRIV and Thief, if I bought it. Think I might hold out, though, my backlog is big enough that I don't need either of those titles. Plus I still haven't played SR II or III. If a 3rd newer game popped in there, I might have to bite, though.

Edit: I got my an Razer Orbweaver from the Warehouse... Used - Like New condition. It came in a giant plastic bag... No box. Looks to be in really good shape.

Edit 2: After talking two two agents I got a partial refund for $26.21 (Meaning I got a like new Orbweaver for half price. $61.05 to be exact.)

I can be happy with that. :)

So if it was delivered in the condition described... why...

Now I'm debating buying one of these Gold Reward cards. Saw a few on ebay just now, going for about 20-22 a pop. I'd also pick up SRIV and Thief, if I bought it. Think I might hold out, though, my backlog is big enough that I don't need either of those titles. Plus I still haven't played SR II or III. If a 3rd newer game popped in there, I might have to bite, though.
I don't know what that says about me or my backlog, but I just started playing SR II for the first time a couple of months ago.

I am purely speculating here, but I would give roughly a 10-15% chance that BF4 might get added to the Gold Reward level before Dec. 31st. when these cards expire. It probably will depend on AMD's R9 series sales as AMD paid a substantial amount (~$8 million) to EA for the distribution deal.

You should also know I'm a horrible procrastinator when it comes to semi-major purchases (e.g. a GPU I'll be using the next 2-4 years). I know Gigabyte, MSI, and EVGA are all good brands but have heard EVGA has better service.
I had an EVGA 560 Ti before this. In doing my research EVGA had higher prices but lower performance, so I ruled them out pretty early.

That's what I'm seeing, too.  EVGA stuff is, on average, about $20-30 higher with worse specs.  They seem to ride off of brand recognition.

Also...

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but GOG's having some promo where every game they sell has a limited quantity, when it's sold out they move on to the next deal. Apparently they're giving away some free games at some point in the deal. 

Humble Store Debut Sale Day 3

[gs]0ApuPW_S5osdXdF81UEUzRUlUX2I4d25IVkJ5UTQxRmc[/gs]
Really not understanding Humble Store's objective here. Euro Truck Simulator 2 was just $6.50 on there on Day 1. Gunpoint was also $4.99 the other day. So...are they keeping games on there, but just making the sales shittier? Even for today, Receiver is showing up as $4.99, not $1.99 for me. Am I missing something?

Really not understanding Humble Store at all. Euro Truck Simulator 2 was just $6.50 on there on Day 1. And Receiver is showing up as $4.99, not $1.99 for me. Am I missing something?
It was part of the day 1 sale. Rather than go back to full price the discount is just less.

Receiver's price must have changed after the deals turned over. It was still on sale when I edited the spreadsheet.

Really not understanding Humble Store's objective here. Euro Truck Simulator 2 was just $6.50 on there on Day 1. Gunpoint was also $4.99 the other day. So...are they keeping games on there, but just making the sales shittier? Even for today, Receiver is showing up as $4.99, not $1.99 for me. Am I missing something?
It's not all that complicated. It's just like a regular storefront with a regular big sale. They have games available for purchase with a base discount then a daily deal of that game has a better discount. So for this opening week sale Gunpoint is 20% off, but on its daily deal day it's 50% off. It's pretty much the same way Steam sales work.

The entire season 1? It says enter for a chance. I am skeptical. I want it but I don't wanna sit there hitting F5 for the next half hour only to find it's a contest.

I found some details: "We'll be giving away 50 codes everyday over the next four days"

The entire season 1? It says enter for a chance. I am skeptical. I want it but I don't wanna sit there hitting F5 for the next half hour only to find it's a contest.
They did this yesterday and it was a form for name and email. The first 50 people who filled it out got a code immediately in the app. And yeah, full season 1.

I was looking away doing shit like backing up some Steam games and posting on IGN cause I didn't want to be their bitch refreshing every second when I knew there was almost no chance of getting one. So I came back and hit F5 and the form was there. Got lucky I guess!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back