CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
I know we asked for some variety in the deals - and I think they've delivered that to some degree - but there seem to be an awful lot of Early Access games featured in this sale. I know that's the "new thing", but I approach those with caution, having seen over the years so many good ideas flop during the execution phase. How about we wait until you're done with that game before we pay you for it, huh?
Steam is full of buggy games, games with endless DLC, or games that have been abandoned by the dev. Now they have added hordes of alphas/betas, many of which are grossly overpriced. I have plenty of games at this point, not even going to bother with a half-assed game that may end up as something totally different than originally advertised.

I think what's turning me off is the fighting mechanics. I guess the action in DC Universe Online spoiled me.

I also am still struggling to figure out how to craft.

Is the extra $10 for the massive edition worth it?
Nod, the combat is fairly standard faire. Crafting isn't worthwhile till you're QL9 or so.

It'll probably take you a good while to reach Issue 5-6-7 (they don't need to be done in order). DrabeLincon (PedoClause) can answer your questions on the higher level stuff better than I can.

Totally considering buying TSW Massive edition just to have a copy on steam, and add the additional packs to my existing account.

EYE just didn't click with me either. I was sort of bored with it.

Bulletstorm, on the other hand, was at least a reasonably fun shooter, I'm voting for it, Epic Games should be responsible enough to remove GFW,

I know we asked for some variety in the deals - and I think they've delivered that to some degree - but there seem to be an awful lot of Early Access games featured in this sale. I know that's the "new thing", but I approach those with caution, having seen over the years so many good ideas flop during the execution phase. How about we wait until you're done with that game before we pay you for it, huh?
^_^

Yeah, I'm not big on shooters, but BulletStorm was a riot. It's only four hours long, but it's a great four hours. It's probably the only shooter I'd play a second time. (It got slammed in release-reviews for behind $40+ dollars and four hours long, but that's moot now.)

Yeah, I'm surprised and quite leery of the Early Access stuff... I approach it with similar reserve as would I kickstart it. Which usually comes down to how much faith do I have in this dev. My kickstarters have been proven people, Wasteland, ShadowRun Returns, Carmageddon Reincarnation, LSL.

The one Early Access game I've bought is, Assetto Corsa, also a proven dev. Also there's only a handful of proper racing sims.

I'm really leery of some of these early access platformers (with full-up indie graphics)...

Blade Symphony looks sort of interesting, but I don't want to get burned.

I also see Early Access as a possible dumping ground for games that started with a good idea, but couldn't make it pan out.

Steam is full of buggy games, games with endless DLC, or games that have been abandoned by the dev. Now they have added hordes of alphas/betas, many of which are grossly overpriced. I have plenty of games at this point, not even going to bother with a half-assed game that may end up as something totally different than originally advertised.
That's exactly right: beta

When did we all start thinking it was a good idea to pay for games in beta? Developers used to beg people to play them for free while they fine-tuned their games. I guess when the first guy slapped a price tag on it, suddenly everyone thought it was worth paying for.

Depressing.

Just imagine if Disney and EA merged...
Doesn't EA now have the rights to all future Star Wars games? Disney owns Star Wars, soooo....

This! I haven't played it yet... (not sure I've dug out my steamkey post-greenlight)
But the promo materials are not that it's hard, it's a mean-spirited parody of platformers.
Be that as it may, I still found it extremely irritating and just not fun. Sure it's funny for the first few minutes, but it quickly becomes tedious and just annoying. Platfomers with sloppy controls really piss me off, and Eryi controls like molasses.

For posterity: Community Vote Results

The unwashed masses have spoken...
29% - Castle Story (33% off)
33% - Godus (50% off)
38% - Risk of Rain (33% off)
Bullocks, I needed Godus for my bingo card.

Does anyone care about the community vote? I'm thinking of voting Bulletstorm because I enjoyed it.

...not that it matters anyhow... my vote just legitimizes Gaben's systematic corruption.
I'm voting Bulletstorm, as while $1 for E.V.E is tempting from a CAG perspective, Bulletstorm is something I've been meaning to pick up for some time now and the only one I had any interest in prior to the flash sales.

EYE just didn't click with me either. I was sort of bored with it.

Bulletstorm, on the other hand, was at least a reasonably fun shooter, I'm voting for it, Epic Games should be responsible enough to remove GFW,

EYE is just one of those games where you either sink or swim with it. Its flat-out difficulty and willingly-ness to NOT hold the players' hand attitude may just be two reasons that are quick enough to just drive people away from it. You learn how to play, more or less, just by playing. You'll learn by dying - and often re-doing missions or just doing other missions. Game's tutorials ain't much help - so you also might wanna read forums, wiki's, and other things - to even learn the game, if you really want to get into it. (I didn't - I played it heavily, when I did play it). It's not really a player-friendly game, by any means - steep learning curve indeed. Hardcore-gamers only should apply. Its scope and whatnot of mixing FPS/RPG/Action game in this esoteric-cyberpunk world is quite ridiculous.

It's quite bizarre, out-there, crazy, kooky, off-kilter, esoteric & weird.

If one ain't read Jim Sterling's review, he sums this game up better than I could:

http://www.destructoid.com/review-e-y-e-divine-cybermancy-208834.phtml

EDIT:

E.Y.E. kind of reminds me other games like Boiling Point: Road To Hell (AKA Xenus 1); Xenus 2: White Gold - War In Paradise; STALKER: Clear Sky; The Precursors. All of these games certainly ain't the most technically sound, for damn sure - for starters. All of these games - their translation and voice-acting ain't normally that good/great. All of these games try to combine lots of different elements together in one game to create the "ultimate hybrid" game, but not always executing to the best of its ability - but it does try it anyways. And dammit - you still can't help but play the damn thing, no matter what! These games aim so high in scope and have so much going on, that the sum of its parts truly makes something interesting & unique - such that it makes you still want to play and see what-else is there and what these games can and will do.

E.Y.E. for $1 is almost as crazy as that bloody game is!

^_^ same. It's tempting. That works? (being able to redeem those packs to my existing TSW account)
From what I can tell, Steam will give you 2 keys. One for the base game, and one for the massive edition dlc. It seems like you could just add the dlc key to an existing base game account, and you could probably sell the base game key.

wait wait wait

the dreamfall/longest journey people made secret world?

someone tell me what this game is immediately please. and what are these "issues" in the massive edition?

That's exactly right: beta

When did we all start thinking it was a good idea to pay for games in beta? Developers used to beg people to play them for free while they fine-tuned their games. I guess when the first guy slapped a price tag on it, suddenly everyone thought it was worth paying for.

Depressing.
Beta keys/invites have been selling for huge money on the grey market for years. Difference now is they are being sold legitimately and the devs actually get some of the money.

So, the secret world massive edition is different from the regular edition only in the fact that it contains "Issue" #5, #6 and #7. I take it these issues are content packs, correct? If so, what would I need to do to get those issues if I just bought the regular version? And how would I go about getting issues 1-4?

So, the secret world massive edition is different from the regular edition only in the fact that it contains "Issue" #5, #6 and #7. I take it these issues are content packs, correct? If so, what would I need to do to get those issues if I just bought the regular version? And how would I go about getting issues 1-4?
Issues #1-4 come with the base game. And yes, content packs.

http://www.thesecretworld.com/updates/

wait wait wait

the dreamfall/longest journey people made secret world?

someone tell me what this game is immediately please. and what are these "issues" in the massive edition?
The Secret World:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_World

The Secret World (TSW) is a MMORPG about secret societies, more or less. There's no more sub-fees - like Guild Wars 1+2 now, buy the game - play it as long as their servers are up. At the jump - you decide what group you want to join (Illuminati, Dragon, or Templars). They're trying to save the world - and, while they're at it, they all want to take it over. It's a mixture of myths, legends, secret societies, and all kinds of madness all in a modern-day era. You have a class-less system - and pretty much flesh out your tree and mix/match skills you want.

Me and Idioteqkue have talked about this game plenty of times. I'll see if I can find his and my posts on it. I actually Beta-tested it before it came out (no NDA's, when I did test it) - and while I liked it, I wasn't too thrilled w/ combat and its questing (a lot of MMO-type of quests, when I Beta-tested it - kill X, find X, go to X area, find X people, get X items, etc. But a long while later, after it's been out for over year and got it cheap, I finally bought it and also found a separate gameplay/combat mode for aiming more freely that made me finally really like the game like I do. I pretty much am aiming for a character based around gun-play (with shotguns and pistols) and magic, more or less. Also, nowadays - there's a much better and different assortment of quest types in there.

This game is very notable for its absolutely superb story-telling, writing, dialogue - as you'd expect from the people who made TLJ & Dreamfall.

EDIT:

These "Issues" are DLC-packs w/ new quests and content, more or less.

Thanks. How much do the issues usually cost? I tried to check myself on that link you provided, but it prompted me to log in to check the store. Too much of a hassle (assuming that I even could create an account without owning the game).
Issues 6, 7, and 8 are 1200 points which is equal to $10 each. But you get 1200 points for free once you complete 30 missions.

Bulletstorm requires G4WL.

It probably is only supported by those G4WL territories.
Its STEAMs own regional restriction, probably imposed by EA since I can purchase and activate Bulletstorm without a problem from EAs own Origin service and MS G4WL store but not from STEAM. The same thing happens with other EA games like The Dragon Age: Origin bundle

LET'S ALL BUY TSW:MASSIVE EDITION AND PLAY IT TOGETHER!!!

HELP ME RATIONALIZE THIS, PEOPLE!!!
Ummm - TSW: Massive Edition is 67% off, not 75% percent off. :p

I already own TSW (base game only), BTW.

EDIT:

Issues 6, 7, and 8 are 1200 points which is equal to $10 each. But you get 1200 points for free once you complete 30 missions.
That reminds me - I should use my 1200 points on an Issue or something.

I don't think I ever used it!

ftfy
#MathIsHard... and my suffering is longer than you think.
Good to see I'm not the only one with math problems. :p

What are the 3 voting choices? I can only see E.Y.E. and Godmode, so the third one is probably not available in my region (Puerto Rico).
I'm surprised Bulletstorm isn't available to you. Many EA games don't show up in Mexico and further south - or they're priced $10 higher or more to make people go to Origin instead.

Bulletstorm, on the other hand, was at least a reasonably fun shooter. I'm voting for it as Epic Games should be responsible enough to remove GFW
I really doubt they'll remove GFWL. I don't trust Epic Games since they canned Bulletstorm's sequel because of "piracy". And by that I mean they didn't sell many copies because of GFWL. Removing that crap isn't easy.

Thanks. How much do the issues usually cost? I tried to check myself on that link you provided, but it prompted me to log in to check the store. Too much of a hassle (assuming that I even could create an account without owning the game).
I got xanchui'd. ...trying to remember if you need a key/trial key to create an account....

https://www.google.com/search?q=standard+fare+meaning Unless you're talking about Ren Faire combat, you likely mean "standard fare."

...cue people butchering phrases just to troll me, or tebow making a single post. ;)
Yeah, I'm multitasking and typing fast. I know the correct word. For fast moving forum posts, I mainly care that what I wrote is understandable... even when my grammer isn't quite American-English.

Thanks. BTW, do you have a reference/source for the Steam Massive Edition having separate base and issue 5-7 keys? I'm not finding evidence one way or another.

Edit: Ah, I found a couple references to the 2 CD keys on SPUF in early Nov.

hey guise tebow just pointed out to me that FC3 deluxe edition is 7.50 on glitch sale at amazon rite meow

so if you want dat...gettit
Been that price for hours.

jack-crying.jpg

Too late.
Have you ever played TSW? I haven't.

TSWTSWTSWTSWTSWTSWTSWTSWTSWTSWTSWTSWTSWTSWTSWTSWTSWTSWTSWTSWTSWTSWTSWTSWTSWTSW

Edit: TSW

Have you ever played TSW? I haven't.

Edit: TSW
Are you gonna say Malkovich 666,666 times next? ;)

Is there a way to see what games are in the holiday sale? Other than the front page The two tribes and company of heroes bundles weren't on the home page but they were marked down

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back