CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a shame, due to the DDOS attack we won't be able to see how the snow globe market should have ended...

I imagine that one wanting to buy more than a couple cards now would feel uncertain about servers staying up well enough finish buying and craft it.

This is about you wanting me to change my avatar, isn't it?
Yeah, I mean your current one is really cree<If you can't say anything nice kitty, don't say anythi..>...um, I mean, it's uh, nice.

I just swapped to a more neutral Winter avatar, so now I can ride it out for a few more months.

She told me during the summer sale that she purposely avoided the thread since all the seasonal CAGs asking stupid questions clogs up the thread.
^_^

Amen sister!

Steam has been working great for me here in Southern California for the past 2 days. In fact the only time I had any problems was because of my ISP being crappy.

So apparently the devs behind Saints Row IV are serious when they say that the Saints Row IV - Child´s Play Pack is only available for a limited time. It's only gonna be in the store until Jan 13, then it will be gone forever. Source

It's only a couple of costumes and a goofy car, but I'm a sucker for limited time deals. I don't even own the base game, but I just bought a gift copy. There's about 5 minutes left as I post this to grab one for yourself at the 60% discount.

I also think people who haven't seen the Storefront don't realize the cards disappear in a minute or two. I think they think it is an hour from now. It says 11:00am on the cards for me but that don't factor in Daylight Savings time.

I also think people who haven't seen the Storefront don't realize the cards disappear in a minute or two. I think they think it is an hour from now. It says 11:00am on the cards for me but that don't factor in Daylight Savings time.
That might be what the "Plus a little extra" meant. An extra hour.

So apparently the devs behind Saints Row IV are serious when they say that the Saints Row IV - Child´s Play Pack is only available for a limited time. It's only gonna be in the store until Jan 13, then it will be gone forever. Source

It's only a couple of costumes and a goofy car, but I'm a sucker for limited time deals. I don't even own the base game, but I just bought a gift copy. There's about 5 minutes left as I post this to grab one for yourself at the 60% discount.
Damn you.

I can't live at the thought of perhaps not being able to play as Mecha-Godzilla once I ever pull SRIV out of my backlog...

So Skulls of the Shogun was the Troll of the sale. It never hit 75% off once... yet here it is on the Daily.

Interestingly, snowglobe prices dipped to the .06 mark at the top of the hour. They've begun to rise again now that everyone realizes there's a little more time. 

Yeah, I mean your current one is really cree<If you can't say anything nice kitty, don't say anythi..>...um, I mean, it's uh, nice.
photo-thumb-348330.jpg

So Skulls of the Shogun was the Troll of the sale. It never hit 75% off once... yet here it is on the Daily.

Interestingly, snowglobe prices dipped to the .06 mark at the top of the hour. They've begun to rise again now that everyone realizes there's a little more time.
Lucky, steam community went down again for me.. was up 30 min ago..

It was a nominee for a Community Choice vote, but didn't win. I don't know if I would classify that as a troll...

Like the post-summer sales, I would expect the next set of dailies to be deals that would have gone live during the holiday sale, but didn't for similar reasons (Volgarr the Viking, for instance).

It was a nominee for a Community Choice vote, but didn't win. I don't know if I would classify that as a troll...

Like the post-summer sales, I would expect the next set of dailies to be deals that would have gone live during the holiday sale, but didn't for similar reasons (Volgarr the Viking, for instance).
Super House of the Dead Ninjas would be nice.. or Painkiller H&D. Both of those deserve to be dailies.

I wouldn't mind Penny Arcade 4 either, skipped the flash sale it was in.

Let me have my fun! :oldman:

I do hope the next few dailies are those that didn't make Community Votes because the one I wanted consistently lost.

I really wish they'd have a filter on Steam to ensure I don't see any of the "Alpha/EarlyRelease/GamebleYourMoneyHere" games, more so during sales.  That was incredibly annoying to see that tag on the top of the page and instinctively close it.

Still waiting on my Kickstarter games... 

I really wish they'd have a filter on Steam to ensure I don't see any of the "Alpha/EarlyRelease/GamebleYourMoneyHere" games, more so during sales. That was incredibly annoying to see that tag on the top of the page and instinctively close it.

yea. it's kinda bush league to put those 25% off early access games in the flash sales. good thing i never buy indie games.

That's cool, that's the one I got for 20 cents yesterday via glitch.

I buy a metric ton of Indie games, I like the quick fix and seeing new ideas.  However, the thought of paying for an unfinished product?  

Maybe back in my college days I'd be down with getting into that scene, but post college, notsamuch.  I have too many plastic army manz and many other important adult things to do. 

I really wish they'd have a filter on Steam to ensure I don't see any of the "Alpha/EarlyRelease/GamebleYourMoneyHere" games, more so during sales. That was incredibly annoying to see that tag on the top of the page and instinctively close it.

Enhanced Steam has an early access filter.

I buy a metric ton of Indie games, I like the quick fix and seeing new ideas. However, the thought of paying for an unfinished product?

Maybe back in my college days I'd be down with getting into that scene, but post college, notsamuch. I have too many plastic army manz and many other important adult things to do.
Growing backlogs; DLC galore; Season Passes; fast price-drops on base-games; digital services fighting for best percentages off and pricing; Bundle digital stores (HB, Groupess, etc etc); games released in an Alpha/Beta/not-so-stable state; re-released editions w/ ALL DLC's/Expansions - these all make it easy for us to NOT want many games ASAP.

do you guys have an easy way of keeping track of all your digital games? Between steam, Indieroyale, indiebundle, humblebundle, GOG,Shinyloot, Groupees, ect ect its a pain in the ass remembering what i have bought where. I could have sworn i had skulls somewhere

Damn. Wish I hadn't missed glitch. Well, it's not necessary in anyway...

do you guys have an easy way of keeping track of all your digital games? Between steam, Indieroyale, indiebundle, humblebundle, GOG,Shinyloot, Groupees, ect ect its a pain in the ass remembering what i have bought where. I could have sworn i had skulls somewhere
Steam, else it's dead to me.

what are these globe things? Shows i needed 10 to craft a card or something but i only got one it seems. Snow globe #3
They were he special cards for this sale, you got one for every 3 community choice votes you did and one for every $10 you spent during the sale. When you got a full set of the ten different snow globes, you could craft a badge. When you did that you would get a special emoticon, a background and a limited edition item for a F2P game. Most people sold their snow globes on the market during the sale.

Currently an Access database. Though, I'm starting to piece together a custom profile using DVD Profiler.

I've basically stopped buying from stores outside Steam if at all possible, but the backloggery is an easy enough way to track them since they have filters not only for platform but different digital stores.

They were he special cards for this sale, you got one for every 3 community choice votes you did and one for every $10 you spent during the sale. When you got a full set of the ten different snow globes, you could craft a badge. When you did that you would get a special emoticon, a background and a limited edition item for a F2P game. Most people sold their snow globes on the market during the sale.
You do realize that for every card sold there was a buyer, right? ;)

I personally just try to only get Steam versions of games to help me keep track of them. For whatever games I get that aren't on Steam (or Origin :p) I keep a list. Plus I have a list for any unused keys I have, which is very rare for me to have any.

Im in socal and havent been able to access my inventory or marketplace since yesterday.  I hope there is a meaningful extension on this stuff because of the bs ddos.  Tried different dns servers too and no luck.  Even tried this morning from work and no dice.

I used to keep a spreadsheet of all my games but fell enough behind that I didn't want to try and catch up.

I usually try to buy Steam activated games but will do Uplay or Origin.  Stuff not on any of those is either a game I don't care about anyway (part of a bundle, etc) or something I'll try and play right away before I forget I own it.

and my wife's steamguard isn't on so guess what?!  Now that I've worked hard for 3 freakin' hours to get the cards for the badge, I can't send them to her.  UGH!

Are we sure the cards will DISAPPEAR?  They didn't for the summer sale...

I guess you could have bought them, if you really wanted to
I mean, big picture balance.. for every card sold there was a card bought (else it wouldn't have sold).

It's like this statement: Half of all people are below average.

...kinda scary when you think about it.

I used to keep a spreadsheet of all my games but fell enough behind that I didn't want to try and catch up.

I usually try to buy Steam activated games but will do Uplay or Origin. Stuff not on any of those is either a game I don't care about anyway (part of a bundle, etc) or something I'll try and play right away before I forget I own it.
I'll only settle for non-steam when (1) it's not available on steam (newer EA stuff) or (2) it's too cheap to pass up, e.g. $1 Driver SF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back