CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Titan Quest Gold: MKYKQ-VB9VJ-CIWH4

Edit 1: Darksiders CYCPA-TGCFD-9ER9Y

Edit 2: Darksiders 2 C3XX5-4JDNC-RT93Q

Edit 3: Darksiders 2 Abysall Forge G46EA-022JW-W8V6E

Edit 4: Alan Wake's American Nightmare YELWY-Z2EKE-JNHV7

Edit 5: Alan Wakes Collectors Bundle 6F7X2-R8TEA-JEZWE

Featuring an all-star cast of:

• Unoficial Skitties
  • Robots
  • Incomprehensible Bystander #2
  • Pedo Clause
  • LN The Magical Companion Cube
  • Almost Fantastic Foxes
  • Mr. <redacted>
  • The Spokesman for Natural Steam Enhancement
  • Greedy Spoders
  • A Giant Talking Burger
  • Level 54 Tea Drinking Royalty
  • Scary Moobsters
  • A walking, talking, poorly animated woman's buttcheek
  • Actually Naked Snake
  • An army of pinball fanatics
  • Shadow Walkers
  • A Moose with a Scarf
  • And a squirrel
:whistle2:(

Hey guys!

Sorry I'm late for the Steam thread circle jerk game discussion.

I brought lube an exaggerated sense of self-importance. 

And also still lube.

There should be a Harvest Moon-est minigame where you farm trading cards to sell to the Tea Drinking Royalty.

Don't worry, there will be plenty of blue swirlies.

I take back what I said, the moose with the scarf is getting cut.
Looks like I know a little squirrel who's going to be awfully chafed come the dry months.

Thanks, took Darksiders 2 Abysall Forge DLC!

I imagine a CAG RPG would be similar to Recettear except you play as that one little girl NPC who only buys the cheapest thing in the store.

Thanks....got alan wake collectorz bundle

I imagine a CAG RPG would be similar to Recettear except you play as that one little girl NPC who only buys the cheapest thing in the store.
can__t_pay_for_jack_by_selecthumor-d31lewq.jpg

There should be an extra "Tebonics Mode", where EVERY single piece of dialogue, prose, and writing has been re-written and re-worded in Tebonics.

It should be $DLC.
The leaked-to-TPB version should slowly convert all dialogue to Tebonics. Sorta like the "piracy" creep on Game Dev Tycoon.

Wall of text incoming:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Proin facilisis, elit eu sagittis hendrerit, metus risus aliquet justo, sit amet consequat arcu felis id ipsum. Proin aliquet tempor fringilla. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Nam posuere metus quis massa mattis vehicula. Vivamus sit amet justo in massa aliquet tincidunt ac ac arcu. Suspendisse congue sagittis ornare. Fusce a ultricies urna. Donec nunc magna, fringilla in augue molestie, molestie dictum libero. Praesent blandit id enim eget mattis. In tincidunt mi eu enim aliquet adipiscing. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus.

Aliquam venenatis tincidunt purus, non tincidunt libero. Donec ac neque ultricies, semper dolor eget, porttitor erat. Nunc semper ante ut varius ultrices. Vivamus eleifend pulvinar leo, sed iaculis augue aliquet vitae. Donec tincidunt augue sed erat accumsan vulputate. Vivamus et nibh purus. Mauris aliquet urna nisl, ut elementum ante porta sed. Aenean sit amet posuere nulla. Nulla cursus id massa tempor mollis. Mauris dapibus lacinia ipsum id ullamcorper. Nam venenatis tortor eget turpis suscipit, sit amet tristique sem laoreet.

Quisque at nisl tortor. Nunc et dolor in eros dignissim iaculis scelerisque a nisi. Ut sit amet justo suscipit, vulputate est nec, consectetur nulla. Aliquam diam nibh, tempor vitae elit sed, semper condimentum enim. Donec eget posuere ipsum, non tempor est. Cras commodo nibh at mi adipiscing scelerisque. Maecenas nulla odio, ornare a pretium nec, condimentum vel eros. Nulla facilisi. Quisque id est et mauris molestie blandit sed non felis. Ut varius venenatis aliquam. Cras tempus id nunc at posuere. Nunc tellus neque, sollicitudin et dictum ut, faucibus sed nisl. Vestibulum egestas nunc sed libero luctus consequat. Etiam sodales eu mi eget luctus. Cras suscipit vehicula mauris, vel euismod leo tincidunt in. Fusce quam nisi, elementum vitae mauris blandit, interdum tempor felis.
hacker tebow strikes again

[customspoiler='disclaimer']yes i know it's latin, i'm joking[/customspoiler]

This is correct, previous goofy answers notwithstanding.

You're not supposed to wait for Elizabeth to finish dancing.
Holy fuck I spent the last 10 game hours waiting for her to stop dancing. another damn weekend wasted. and plus everywhere i go, i take 100's of screenshots of everything, this game is
absolutely gorgeous.

• Unoficial Skitties
  • Robots
  • Incomprehensible Bystander #2
  • Pedo Clause
  • Almost Fantastic Foxes
  • Mr. <redacted>
  • Greedy Spoders
  • A Giant Talking Burger
  • Scary Moobsters
  • Actually Naked Snake
  • Shadow Walkers
  • A Moose with a Scarf
  • And a squirrel
where me u bad squirrrelel

Incomprehensible Bystander #2
can i punch mns and spear him and hit him with aj whip that she left behind neuro mine getting ur gf whip hhhe

nonsense. tebow would never stand by anywhere.

maybe incomprehensible spankaddict would work
i thought that was banderas spankaddict im god yo mns has betray god he will be sent to helll with satan im not bystander tho

can i punch mns and spear him and hit him with aj whip that she left behind neuro mine getting ur gf whip hhhe

i thought that was banderas spankaddict im god yo mns has betray god he will be sent to helll with satan im not bystander tho
You're God??!?!

Ummm - should we hurry up w/ your damn croissants?

• Unoficial Skitties
  • Robots
  • Tebowmaniac Crazy awesomenesss spanky addict thanks to
  • Spanky Addict no. 1
  • Pedo Clause
  • Almost Fantastic Foxes
  • Mr. <redacted>
  • Greedy Spoders
  • A Giant Talking Burger
  • Scary Moobsters
  • Actually Naked Snake
  • Shadow Walkers
  • A Moose with a Scarf
  • And a mutant squirrel
fixed

You're God??!?!

Ummm - should we hurry up w/ your damn croissants?
when i said that he he betray god son tebow llol didnt u know and i dont want u to be slave u freee to do what u want except being bad banderas slave

I always get the worst foils. They give me 30 seconds of joy until I realize that they sell for about 50 cents.
Yeah, I actually look at card values before playing a game for the first time, so I know going into it if it has low foil values. In those games, I actually fear getting a foil because I feel like I wasted a mythical foil drop on a low value game. I know in reality it's completely random, but I still get concerned anyway.

SteamBox or Project Christine?

The company is thinking about offering a subscription model for the PC, which would allow you to always keep your rig up-to-date with minimal effort.

A person could sign up for a "top of the line" package that would allow them to receive new components when they come out. These components would be delivered to your door, while you'd be responsible for sending your old modules back to Razer. This package would be offered as a monthly subscription.

So instead of having to pay thousands of dollars in a single shot, there could be a standard subscription fee and you could have always, at any point of time, the best possible PC.

Source
PROJECT CHRISTINE MODULAR PC

• Choose any module on-the-fly in any combination, whether it’s the CPU, memory, graphics card, storage or power supply module, and simply plug it in. The PCI-Express architecture of Project Christine automatically syncs the components.
  • Easily upgraded – a user can slot-in additional graphics modules and add more storage by either swapping-out the existing storage drives or adding more modules. The modularity of Project Christine makes it perpetually customizable, helping eliminate the need to replace entire systems.
  • Each sealed module is entirely self-contained and features active liquid cooling and noise cancelation. With this design, Project Christine’s components can be safely overclocked without voiding warranties.
[youtube]http://youtu.be/G0K41ZWd-vo[/youtube]

razer-christine-gallery-06.jpg

I don't think I'd trust Razer with something like this.. they're known for horrible build quality and customer service. Actually, I don't think I'd trust Razer with anything outside of their mice and MAYBE keyboards.

EDIT: Ugh, somehow the spoiler tag failed in your quote when I replied.. wtf.

I don't think I'd trust Razer with something like this.. they're known for horrible build quality and customer service. Actually, I don't think I'd trust Razer with anything outside of their mice and MAYBE keyboards.

ez 4 u 2 say

PROJECT CHRISTINE MODULAR PC

• Choose any module on-the-fly in any combination, whether it’s the CPU, memory, graphics card, storage or power supply module, and simply plug it in. The PCI-Express architecture of Project Christine automatically syncs the components.
  • Easily upgraded – a user can slot-in additional graphics modules and add more storage by either swapping-out the existing storage drives or adding more modules. The modularity of Project Christine makes it perpetually customizable, helping eliminate the need to replace entire systems.
  • Each sealed module is entirely self-contained and features active liquid cooling and noise cancelation. With this design, Project Christine’s components can be safely overclocked without voiding warranties.
[youtube]http://youtu.be/G0K41ZWd-vo[/youtube]

razer-christine-gallery-06.jpg
Christine looks amazingly expensive. It's Disney Infinity for PC parts.

I'd take time to break down all the erroneous marketing (for example, the PCI Express bus isn't used for memory, CPU, system power, or storage), but I need to sleep. First impression: I bet there are a bunch of people at Alienware and Falcon Northwest smacking their heads right now and saying, "Quick, we need to roll out our own ridiculously-priced competition!"

It is an interesting concept and I like the liquid cooling feature but too bad it is coming from Razer and one thing we know for sure is that the price won't be cheap.

It is an interesting concept and I like the liquid cooling feature but too bad it is coming from Razer and one thing we know for sure is that the price won't be cheap.
It's probably cheaper for one to buy the latest and greatest CPU/GPU and flip the newly-old one on fleabay... (buy/flip/repeat)

also it vaguely reminds me of open air cases... which I'd run for years (minus the case) back in the 90s before it was cool (cases back then sucked).

I've probably gotten about 5 or 6 foils in the 400 or so cards I've gotten. Never anything terribly high, except I do think I once got one for Cherry Tree High Comedy Club and I sold that for about $2. That was a great day.

So I'm trying Bit.Trip Runner 1 for the first time and it seems like more of a response time/memory test more than a game..

Having no checkpoints certainly doesn't help with the fun factor. I guess it's a good educational tool if you want to improve your mental abilities, but I wouldn't play it for fun..

So I'm trying Bit.Trip Runner 1 for the first time and it seems like more of a response time/memory test more than a game..

Having no checkpoints certainly doesn't help with the fun factor. I guess it's a good educational tool if you want to improve your mental abilities, but I wouldn't play it for fun..
Runner 2 has more checkpoints and is a much better game. I'd recommend skipping Runner 1 altogether if it's bothering you and playing that instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back