The Steam discussion topic! Joy and happiness, right here, folks.

[quote name='animalspinners']I'm expecting a sale to go with it, and 50% makes sense.

That puts the game at $30, at which people on Steam go "Well, I like it, it's $20 cheaper than BC 2, AND it has a single player as well!". If you mark it 25% off, you're at $45, which won't push people into buying it. And remember, your average buyer on Steam isn't the brighest bulb - Settlers 7 is on the top 10 sellers for a few days now, despite it having horrible DRM and the fact that a ton of people *can't even play it due to said DRM*. So a cheaper MW 2 means they will jump on.[/QUOTE]

So much for amateur speculation.

More crap coming to Steam sometime, for anyone who cares about this shit:

Rainbow Six (the original)
Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear
GTA4: Episodes from Liberty City
Booster Trooper (this game is kinda cool)
Kane & Lynch 2
AquaNox and AquaNox 2

BTW, Pulse is a horrific piece of shit that should die. Awful game.

Think im gonna grab gta: episodes... when its on sale during xmas :p

anyone know if there is a demo anyware or a demo coming for Plain Sight ?

So there's seriously no midweek madness or REAL weekend deal this week? The hell? I almost want to say it's because Activision twisted Steam's arm because those deals might have taken away interest from their precious MW2 free weekend and "deal".

fucking Activision...

I was hoping for a weekend deal. Damn you Kotick. Shove your fucking broken Infinity Ward up your ass already.

I got my paycheck. I wanna buy something. But I don't wanna buy it and then see it as a deal 2 days later. Should I get M&B warband? Was thinking about that and maybe Plain Sight.

Good Midweek Madness this week, the original Aliens Vs Predator for $1.99

I'd jump on it if I didn't buy it for the $5 when it first hit Steam.

There is also a Commando's Collection that has 4 Commando games for $4.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KaOTiK']
There is also a Commando's Collection that has 4 Commando games for $4.99[/QUOTE]

I mentioned it in the deals forum, but I'll throw it here too - apparently the first two games (maybe all 4, not sure) have saving / loading issues, however these can be fixed with a workaround.

The first two Commandos games run at super fast speed, and will require the use of CPU speed slowing programs to get them to run properly (such as CPU Grab).

The versions on GoG, according to their own forums and elsewhere, were reworked to not include either of these problems, so take it into account before jumping on the Commandos deal. If you want to put the work into the games, $5 is a good deal, but if you don't want to bother there is always GoG for slightly more money.

Zombie Driver has been updated with new modes, Achievements, and other nice things, and is on sale for $4.99. I recommend it for fans of classic overhead driving games like GTA 1 & 2.

Dark Void Zero, the classic NES-style game from Capcom, is now available in Steam for just $4.99. It's got Steam Achievements, new endings, and other enhancements over the DSiWare version.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Thank God. Also saw that they added a few new shadow options and fixed some graphic glitches. Not that any of this matters, I've already finished it and really don't plan to go back.[/QUOTE]

The moon thing was also pretty sweet.

[quote name='eastx']
Dark Void Zero, the classic NES-style game from Capcom, is now available in Steam for just $4.99. It's got Steam Achievements, new endings, and other enhancements over the DSiWare version.[/QUOTE]

And Securom, with a 5 limit activation.

I'll still buy it, but that's so fucking stupid.

[quote name='animalspinners']And Securom, with a 5 limit activation.

I'll still buy it, but that's so fucking stupid.[/QUOTE]

It really is funny at the same time though. A retro type game, that is just $5 has retarded DRM like that on it.

Yet, a lot of Capcom's actual big release games have no DRM lol

I want Dark Void Zero so bad, but 5-machine SecuROM, that's fucking ridiculous. It's a goddamn $5 game.

Several other Capcom games on Steam are SecuROM-free...they're really inconsistent about this. Ugh.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']I want Dark Void Zero so bad, but 5-machine SecuROM, that's fucking ridiculous. It's a goddamn $5 game.

Several other Capcom games on Steam are SecuROM-free...they're really inconsistent about this. Ugh.[/QUOTE]

Shameful.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']I want Dark Void Zero so bad, but 5-machine SecuROM, that's fucking ridiculous. It's a goddamn $5 game.

Several other Capcom games on Steam are SecuROM-free...they're really inconsistent about this. Ugh.[/QUOTE]

Ironically, Dark Void has no DRM.

I just ordered CoD:WaW from gogamer ($20 on their 48 hour madness deal if anyone wants to grab a copy). Was just wondering, can I enter the CD-Key in steam and activate it there?

[quote name='animalspinners']Madballs free weekend this weekend... full single and multi player game.

Also going to be 75% off, so $2.50. Probably the weekend deal.[/QUOTE]

About damn time, I remember reading awhile ago on their forums that they were working on getting a free weekend out for the game so I've held off buying it knowing it would be on sale too then. It is a fun game.

[quote name='animalspinners']Madballs free weekend this weekend... full single and multi player game.

Pretty fun game, picked it up when it was $2 during that Thanksgiving sale and played through the SP. Haven't tried out the MP yet though...

since im new to steam and pc gaming in general, im going to voice my annoyance that steam doesnt support multiple storage locations. ridiculous. i have to do some tom-foolery to get my games on seperate drives than the client.

and im going to buy madballs too, just to show them.

yeah that is kinda annoying, specially when you are running low on space.
I really hope they can make such a feature for the new client they are making. I doubt it but one can only hope.

[quote name='paz9x']since im new to steam and pc gaming in general, im going to voice my annoyance that steam doesnt support multiple storage locations. ridiculous. i have to do some tom-foolery to get my games on seperate drives than the client.

and im going to buy madballs too, just to show them.[/QUOTE]

I know the feeling. But when my Steam library started to become large I just threw a 1TB drive in just for Steam lol

[quote name='KaOTiK']I know the feeling. But when my Steam library started to become large I just threw a 1TB drive in just for Steam lol[/QUOTE]

well i use an ssd for the boot/app drive.
id like to have the handful of stuff i play regularly there for the fast loading.
i might add another drive specifically for steam though.

[quote name='paz9x']well i use an ssd for the boot/app drive.
id like to have the handful of stuff i play regularly there for the fast loading.
i might add another drive specifically for steam though.[/QUOTE]

SSD is pretty worthless for gaming in all honesty. Only advantage is loading a map a bit quicker. Doesn't give the same benefit as having your OS on it or heavily accessed programs, and even then for the programs it is very YMMV depending on what the programs do. But OS wise, it is great.

[quote name='KaOTiK']SSD is pretty worthless for gaming in all honesty. Only advantage is loading a map a bit quicker. Doesn't give the same benefit as having your OS on it or heavily accessed programs, and even then for the programs it is very YMMV depending on what the programs do. But OS wise, it is great.[/QUOTE]

while its not as massive as the os and other programs its still very noticeable.

i should still be allowed to put the files wherever I want without resorting to cmd level work arounds.

[quote name='paz9x']well i use an ssd for the boot/app drive.
i might add another drive specifically for steam though.[/QUOTE]

Post your request in the beta forums. They have been exceptionally good at listening to the community there.

[quote name='KaOTiK']SSD is pretty worthless for gaming in all honesty. Only advantage is loading a map a bit quicker. Doesn't give the same benefit as having your OS on it or heavily accessed programs, and even then for the programs it is very YMMV depending on what the programs do. But OS wise, it is great.[/QUOTE]

If you have a good SSD drive (second gen Intel and such), it's great for gaming. Star Trek Online maps load more than twice as fast on my SSD than they do on a 7200 RPM HDD.

[quote name='eastx']If you have a good SSD drive (second gen Intel and such), it's great for gaming. Star Trek Online maps load more than twice as fast on my SSD than they do on a 7200 RPM HDD.[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying it isn't nice to have, but for gaming it really is mostly useless. Outside of actually loading the game, it just loads maps/levels quicker when you hit a load screen.

I just don't find loading a map faster to be worth the cost of current SSD's. I have one for my OS and some of my work related programs that I use all the time.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Post your request in the beta forums. They have been exceptionally good at listening to the community there.[/QUOTE]

thats a good idea, ill do that.

[quote name='KaOTiK']I'm not saying it isn't nice to have, but for gaming it really is mostly useless. Outside of actually loading the game, it just loads maps/levels quicker when you hit a load screen.

I just don't find loading a map faster to be worth the cost of current SSD's. I have one for my OS and some of my work related programs that I use all the time.[/QUOTE]

thats the thing, being worth the cost doesnt matter I already paid for it, id like to be able to enjoy the benefit regardless of how small it may be.

im not trying to argue the value of an ssd for gaming, just that id like to be able to utilize my hardware which I cant because steam omitted a simple feature.

[quote name='paz9x']
thats the thing, being worth the cost doesnt matter I already paid for it, id like to be able to enjoy the benefit regardless of how small it may be.

im not trying to argue the value of an ssd for gaming, just that id like to be able to utilize my hardware which I cant because steam omitted a simple feature.[/QUOTE]

I understand where you are coming from and agree. Was just saying that due to the nature in which Steam stores its games, having to put Steam on a larger HD wouldn't be much of a loose as far as gaming is concerned.

back to the fun, i finally got off my ass and got team fortress 2. i completely suck balls but id love to play with some cags. feel free to message me here if you wouldnt mind a totally new player mucking up your game.

[quote name='KaOTiK']I'm not saying it isn't nice to have, but for gaming it really is mostly useless. Outside of actually loading the game, it just loads maps/levels quicker when you hit a load screen.

I just don't find loading a map faster to be worth the cost of current SSD's. I have one for my OS and some of my work related programs that I use all the time.[/QUOTE]

It's not useless. I just said the use and you agreed with it. If they're too expensive for you, fine, but that doesn't eliminate the benefits of much faster saving and loading.

[quote name='eastx']It's not useless. I just said the use and you agreed with it. If they're too expensive for you, fine, but that doesn't eliminate the benefits of much faster saving and loading.[/QUOTE]

They aren't too expensive for me, as I said I do own one. But loading of a game is already extremely minimal as is that doing it a bit quicker is nothing special. If you already got one, they yeah, more power for putting some games on it that you play regularly but otherwise to buy an SSD for gaming is just a waste of money currently.

But whatever, not gonna debate the topic anymore and derail the thread.

loading a game isn't that minimal actually. It's made my gaming experience all the better. like in dragon age origins, there's quite a bit of loading, between levels/areas/rooms, upon dying (hehe) and the SSD just kills it. Makes for less annoying wait, and if you're like me, I've NOT gone into houses etc due to bunk wait times before. Now i don't bother caring, go in - oh nothing there for me, okay I'll just pop back out. I had a 7200rpm and to an SSD, it was amazing. Also in WoW less stuttering when you're runnin around on your mount and things loading up on the fly. But yeah, IMO SSDs are worth it. Anyway I'm gaming on a laptop heh

[quote name='paz9x']back to the fun, i finally got off my ass and got team fortress 2. i completely suck balls but id love to play with some cags. feel free to message me here if you wouldnt mind a totally new player mucking up your game.[/QUOTE]

I'm usually here and there on the first available 2fort, as well as a big fan of CTF and Payloads in general (favorite is gold rush). I play as the extremely original handle CrappyTeammate....hope to see you around, especially on the opposite team :D

im just wondering

recently my friends made me get a face book. i was scared it'd be all crappy like myspace but i love how easy it to use and love all those xbox and psn apps to keep tabs on achievements.

im just wondering is there a good steam app for achievements thats like the xbox one-online, posts, sideboxr? :)

I also noticed that they have a Madballs 4-pack for $7.49 right now making it EVEN cheaper at $1.87/person. Anyone want to split this with me? I know it's not much savings but this is CHEAP Ass Gamer. If not I'll just buy it by myself. :cry: ;)

[quote name='aznguyen316']loading a game isn't that minimal actually. It's made my gaming experience all the better.[/QUOTE]

It's less about the gaming experience and more about the waiting experience. But maybe the two can't be separate.

Kevfactor, I don't think there is a really good app available yet.

[quote name='Cleaner7']I also noticed that they have a Madballs 4-pack for $7.49 right now making it EVEN cheaper at $1.87/person. Anyone want to split this with me? I know it's not much savings but this is CHEAP Ass Gamer. If not I'll just buy it by myself. :cry: ;)[/QUOTE]

after playing through the first level im in for a 4 pack. if i dont hear back by tomorrow ill just buy it by myself.

Fortix is a Qix clone that's on sale for $4 right now. (It's also available a PSP Mini game.)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/45400/

fortix.jpg

It's nothing amazing, but pretty fun. It's in a medieval setting so the enemies are all dragons and towers. As a knight, you capture triggers for catapults which destrpoys the towers. Then you can capture the towers and win the level. It has Steam Achievements which are fun and doable.

[quote name='paz9x']after playing through the first level im in for a 4 pack. if i dont hear back by tomorrow ill just buy it by myself.[/QUOTE]

I'm still down! Anyone else up for a Madballs 4-pack on Steam? We have 2 slots open! Today is the last call!

Madballs 4-pack for $7.49 ($1.87/person)
1. Cleaner7
2. paz9x

UPDATE: It doesn't look like we'll get 2 others so I'm going to just purchase the game myself and hope paz9x does/did too!

Has anyone tried that game Fortix? Here's a link to its Steam page. It looked interesting and is currently 20% off for $3.99 (normally $4.99). It looks interesting but there's no demo or review score.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back