The Summer OTT Extravaganza!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='darthbudge']What did you think of Moonrise Kingdom, Munchhausen?[/QUOTE]

I got sick yesterday any couldn't go. This weekend for sure!

[quote name='Maklershed']¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ[/QUOTE]

iknorite?!?!?

I really only want it for Twitter, so I can post pics of my sons' baseball games and follow Manthing.

[quote name='Maklershed']Unfortunately it was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I wish I would've rather went to see
07_300dpi.jpg
[/QUOTE]

The Red X brought them together. The Red X drove them apart. The Red X changed their world forever.

The Red X. Coming soon to a theater near you.

I fucking went into work today thinking my meeting with the dude at the science museum was next Monday. I was wrong. It's just for a volunteer position, but still, good first impression and all. I'm going down there now to make amends and hang out downtown.

[quote name='Eviltude']I fucking went into work today thinking my meeting with the dude at the science museum was next Monday. I was wrong. It's just for a volunteer position, but still, good first impression and all. I'm going down there now to make amends and hang out downtown.[/QUOTE]

So you missed the meeting thinking it was next week? Too bad, but it happens to people all the time. Life gets busy!

Mak, I have to take my daughter to the Asthma Doctor for her follow up...then we're going to Smokey Bones, since it's right there!!!

I'm thinking Ribs!!!

Ohh man I'm so jealous. Good stuff. I was pleased to find out a Five Guys Burgers and Fries opened in Lebanon. I can't wait to try that out. I heard they're pretty good.

EDIT: Also, you're a Star Wars guy .. care to take a stab at my question on GAF?

In case its not showing up for you:

Are there any Star Wars books that are a) canon b) good?

Seeing all this stuff for 1313 has me interested in the franchise again but all I know of Star Wars is what I've seen in the movies.

(Curoscant has thousands of levels? Who knew!)

That is up to debate. Technically, other than the Official books of the movies and the Radio drama, George Lucas has stated that none of the books are considered Canon, they are Expanded Universe. However, he has tweaked that a little and has let some of the Expanded Universe characters into the movies. For example, Quinnlan Vos was a Comic Book character that has a cameo in Phantom Menace and a mention in Revenge of the Sith.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon

I've had the Thrawn trilogy sitting on my shelf for ages (along with the Han Solo trilogy). Mayhaps I'll start one of those after The Amber Spyglass.

I think I remember reading those Thrawn books soon after they came out. (through the library.) What, 20 some years ago? Don't remember being that impressed but I was a real snotty "whatever" teenager during those years.

Off to visit ARC today to donate blood. For all the calls I get hounding me to come in to donate, they don't have very convenient times.

Seriously, though donating blood is important, nearly anyone can do it (unless you engage in MSM), and it doesnt take more than an hour. Plus there's cookies!

http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation

I've not read much of the Star Wars novels, but I can say the Darth Bane trilogy by Drew Karphysn, or however you spell it, is farily decent. The third book is a little bit of a let down, but the first two are quick, enjoyable reads.

Kathy Griffin is in the same ranks of the Octomom and Snooki? She's rising up those ranks!

(I don't like talking about that stuff...make it stop, make it stop! Feel...soo...dirty...)

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Kathy Griffin is in the same ranks of the Octomom and Snooki? She's rising up those ranks!

(I don't like talking about that stuff...make it stop, make it stop! Feel...soo...dirty...)[/QUOTE]

/jake

[quote name='Eviltude']NBA Finals. wheeeeee.[/QUOTE]

They're finally starting the finals?

My god the NBA playoffs takes forever.

Also, someone remind me Thursday. I need to go to the post office.

Ordered a now last-gen refurb 11" MacBook Air from Apple with free standard shipping yesterday and it's arriving today! Yeah! Lesson learned: never pay for faster shipping from Apple.

[quote name='Number83']What?!?! No!!!!

Basketball is great! Probably my 2nd favorite sport.

Oh, where are my manners...Good Morning, OTT.[/QUOTE]

I don't like it but I will say I am a big fan of basketball coaching legend Bob Goode.

This is brilliant ...

Newsbrief: Rockstar is trialing a new method for dealing with cheaters in the multiplayer modes of Max Payne 3 -- rather than banning those players outright, they are made to play against each other. Players found to be using hacked saves, modded game files or other exploits to gain an advantage over other players during multiplayer or to cheat the game's online leaderboards are "quarantined" to a server known as the "Cheaters Pool".

[quote name='Maklershed']I don't like it but I will say I am a big fan of basketball coaching legend Bob Goode.[/QUOTE]

I heard he paid for Blue Chip players.

There's no renting/buying on the Xbox 360 app. The daily deals lately have been disappointing since they've only been offering purchase deals and not $0.99 rentals.

That sucks, but you can always rent from your laptop and have it on the xbox, right? That seems unnecessary but better than not having it at all. I do wish there were more deals. $0.99 rentals is what I really want.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']There's no renting/buying on the Xbox 360 app. The daily deals lately have been disappointing since they've only been offering purchase deals and not $0.99 rentals.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='munch']That sucks, but you can always rent from your laptop and have it on the xbox, right? That seems unnecessary but better than not having it at all. I do wish there were more deals. $0.99 rentals is what I really want.[/QUOTE]

Yeah its disappointing because the .99 cent daily deals are pretty good and are generally brand new releases but for the past few days they just have these $3.99 UK movie collections that are meh. And yes munch you can buy/rent through your pc and stream through the app on any device. Its super easy.

Basketball is cool but not as fun to watch since the ref scandal broke out.

NBA TV is showing a special on the 1992 USA Olympic team today. Gotta watch that.

[quote name='DT778']Basketball is cool but not as fun to watch since the ref scandal broke out.

NBA TV is showing a special on the 1992 USA Olympic team today. Gotta watch that.[/QUOTE]

I wish that was either a 30 for 30 or an HBO doc. NBC will find a way to mess that up.

[quote name='munch']I wish that was either a 30 for 30 or an HBO doc. NBC will find a way to mess that up.[/QUOTE]

I actually really like NBA tv. It isn't as good as the mlb network but some of the programming they have produced has been quality.

It was good. Favorite part was an Angola player talking about Barkley, "they told us to watch out for a feisty player, a fat boy, in the paint." something like that. Barkley wasn't fat back then but he was about twice as thick as the skinny Angola players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back