The Summer OTT Extravaganza!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='eldergamer']Go to the grocery store tonight? Or wait until tomorrow when something I need might be on sale.
First world problems.[/QUOTE]

My cappachino has a crack in the lid, oh my, I am going to tell the manager about this. I will not stand for such things! By the way Mr. Jenkins, pick up my dry cleaning.

Started building my son's playset today...this is going to take a while. I really hope the 50% chance of rain tomorrow goes in my favor.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']My cappachino has a crack in the lid, oh my, I am going to tell the manager about this. I will not stand for such things! By the way Mr. Jenkins, pick up my dry cleaning.[/QUOTE]

/jake

And Windows Media player still refuses to burn files. Says something about not having access to the file. Yet it will sync the same file to my mp3 player just fine!
Hair pulling frustration.

Beat Castelvania Lords of Shadow last night. Fun game. Great epilogue after the credits. So great that it shouldn't have been an epilogue after the credits.

I love Max Payne but I'm getting really annoyed when I shoot someone in the head, they fall down, and then a few seconds later they get back up .. so I shoot them in the head again, they fall down, and they get up again .. and I shoot them in the head again and now they're dead. Seriously, I have to kill almost every person three times before they're dead. And even that wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that a lot of times I'm getting bumrushed by a group of 10 dudes at once.

EDIT: Also I'd love to live in a Max Payne world where bottles of pain killers just sit around for the taking. Ah it'd be heaven.

Last edited by a moderator:
I only just started playing Max Payne the other day and haven't had time to play this weekend, but man...I figured I'd start on hard. I'm sort of regretting my decision as I have been getting my ass handed to me on a silver platter more than once. When they say "hard mode", they actually mean it unlike some other shooters I've played.

[quote name='JStryke']I only just started playing Max Payne the other day and haven't had time to play this weekend, but man...I figured I'd start on hard. I'm sort of regretting my decision as I have been getting my ass handed to me on a silver platter more than once. When they say "hard mode", they actually mean it unlike some other shooters I've played.[/QUOTE]

Are you in
the soccer stadium
? It gets really difficult in there but seems to go back to normal in the following chapter(s).

[quote name='Maklershed']Are you in
the soccer stadium
? It gets really difficult in there but seems to go back to normal in the following chapter(s).[/QUOTE]

I just entered there, but yeah. That is good to hear however.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Maklershed']I love Max Payne but I'm getting really annoyed when I shoot someone in the head, they fall down, and then a few seconds later they get back up .. so I shoot them in the head again, they fall down, and they get up again .. and I shoot them in the head again and now they're dead. Seriously, I have to kill almost every person three times before they're dead. And even that wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that a lot of times I'm getting bumrushed by a group of 10 dudes at once.

EDIT: Also I'd love to live in a Max Payne world where bottles of pain killers just sit around for the taking. Ah it'd be heaven.[/QUOTE]

I haven't had too much of a problem with getting headshots, but it could be me playing on a different platform. I love how the circle changes to an X when you inflict the kill shot.

Just decided to go to Five Guys for a burger instead. Much easier, better food and less waiting. Double bacon cheeseburger with mushrooms and bbq sauce.
Fries with cajun spice on the side.

Now to work my way through the arson desk of LA Noire and clear this game off my list.

Morning all. Just 4 days away from seeing UFC in Atlantic City. I'm planning on making major bank at the sports book. :whee:

[quote name='darthbudge']I hope Max Payne 3 is on sale during the Steam summer sale. I would really like to play it.[/QUOTE]

It's awesome. It's like playing a video game version of Man on Fire. I'm in the Mak Payne part now.

I'm in the third part of MP3 and I have to agree. This game is fucking awesome. The attention to detail and the graphics consistently blow me away.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I'm in the third part of MP3 and I have to agree. This game is fucking awesome. The attention to detail and the graphics consistently blow me away.[/QUOTE]

Yeah tell me about it. Especially in the favela area. Incredible. There's so munch junk laying around and random graffiti everywhere and none of it is duplicated in the environment (that I saw). I can't imagine the time it must've taken to create that area.

[quote name='Maklershed']Is CAG acting really weird for anyone else today?[/QUOTE]

Aside from the usual "Recomended for You" pop-ups and the Dominos ad-banner up top in spanish, no.

[quote name='Maklershed']Morning all. Just 4 days away from seeing UFC in Atlantic City. I'm planning on making major bank at the sports book. :whee:

[/QUOTE]

Betting what fight exactly?

All of em probably. Except for maybe Guida/Maynerd. That one is too close to call. I'll only do that one if the odds are lopsided. I like how the card I'm going to, which is free, is infinitely better than the 147 PPV for $45/$55.

[quote name='Maklershed']All of em probably. Except for maybe Guida/Maynerd. That one is too close to call. I'll only do that one if the odds are lopsided. I like how the card I'm going to, which is free, is infinitely better than the 147 PPV for $45/$55.[/QUOTE]

Sent you a PM.

On a sidenote, Maynard/Guida isn't as close to call as some are suggesting. Hmmmm.

[quote name='Maklershed']Yeah tell me about it. Especially in the favela area. Incredible. There's so munch junk laying around and random graffiti everywhere and none of it is duplicated in the environment (that I saw). I can't imagine the time it must've taken to create that area.[/QUOTE]

My favorite detail is when he shaved his head he does a really fucked up job. They don't keep it fucked up, but the fact that they did that during a cutscene was awesome.

I also love the great level design in the last level. The film references were outstanding.

Does it feel like a Max Payne game? Because the commercials with him running through favelas while sporting a tommy bahama shirt were a turnoff to me.

Anybody else watch The Eric Andre show? Hannibal Buress might be the funniest person on tv. Every time the camera is on him I laugh.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Sent you a PM.

On a sidenote, Maynard/Guida isn't as close to call as some are suggesting. Hmmmm.[/QUOTE]

Cool I'll check it out.

[quote name='DT778']Does it feel like a Max Payne game? Because the commercials with him running through favelas while sporting a tommy bahama shirt were a turnoff to me.[/QUOTE]

Yes. It feels like a max payne game. They fully explain max's different look and it is meant to be fairly terrible and a joke.

This game has blood flowing by the buckets too. Probably the most bloody and gory game out there. You literally can blow peoples jaws off and shoot out their eyeballs. It's ridiculous.

The confusingly named, given what it previously was, Surface thing sounds like a Windows laptop with some touch stuff thrown in for good measure.

I don't expect that Microsoft tablet to be very good. It looks to be primarily a laptop, not a full-fledged "tablet". I'm not a huge fan of tablets anyway, but I doubt the Surface will be anything more then a passable laptop to most people.

[quote name='eldergamer']And on to the exciting part of LA Noire where you play as an insurance investigator. Thrilling![/QUOTE]

That game was great. :mad:

You know the OTT has died when guys like krakrabbit post in the OTT. He was easily my pick as most annoying person on CAG that didn't post in the OTT, and that list includes my ex wife so that says something.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Yes. It feels like a max payne game. They fully explain max's different look and it is meant to be fairly terrible and a joke.

This game has blood flowing by the buckets too. Probably the most bloody and gory game out there. You literally can blow peoples jaws off and shoot out their eyeballs. It's ridiculous.[/QUOTE]Cool, probably pick it up when I can get it for $20ish since I got a shitload of good games to play right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back