The Super Cereal SingStar Big Gulp Snack Time OTT

Penn & Teller are doing a 6-week stint on Broadway, so I bought a ticket.  I was gonna see some musicals (I'm dying to see Book of Mormon) but I feel like any good show will have a traveling version, but P&T aren't getting any younger.  I'm excited.

I got my Xbone today and picked up Madden 25 and Watch Dogs. Any must have (cheap) games?
Shadow of Mordor is a MUST have. Also, if you liked Halo, get the Master Chief Collection. They really did a nice job with the update. Another one off the top of my head would be Assassin's Creed: Black Flag. Wolfenstein is good too.

And if you have Live, don't forget the free games...I forget what July has to offer, but Free is Free.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my Xbone today and picked up Madden 25 and Watch Dogs. Any must have (cheap) games?
Not sure what you payed for Madden 25, but that game (along with a dozen others and soon to be Dragon Age) is in the EA Access Vault for only $30 a year.

The EA access vault is a really good deal and black flag is free with games with gold this month. 

I recommend Dead Rising 3 and Sunset Overdrive. Those are probably two of the better Xbox exclusive games and two of the games I have had the most fun with this generation. 

I posted a Brony convention concert a page back, or so.  That one's even funnier than the fighting community one, imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIn4L7hUmUI

NSFW

Last edited:
Saw The Book of Mormon.  It is all I had hoped for and more.  I would see it in a heartbeat if a traveling show came near me.  So fucking hilarious.

Penn & Teller are doing a 6-week stint on Broadway, so I bought a ticket. I was gonna see some musicals (I'm dying to see Book of Mormon) but I feel like any good show will have a traveling version, but P&T aren't getting any younger. I'm excited.
They did a tv show called Penn & Teller: Fool Us about 4 years ago that only aired in the UK. The CW got the rights last year and aired S1 in the US. Season 2 just started. It's available to stream on their website. It's a great show.

http://www.cwtv.com/shows/penn-teller-fool-us/

They did a tv show called Penn & Teller: Fool Us about 4 years ago that only aired in the UK. The CW got the rights last year and aired S1 in the US. Season 2 just started. It's available to stream on their website. It's a great show.

http://www.cwtv.com/shows/penn-teller-fool-us/
Holy shit. I watched a lot of Fool Us on Youtube, whatever didn't get taken down, but I had no idea it got licensed for the US.

There was actually a guy who did a Rubik's Cube trick on this latest season who did an AMA on Reddit. He fooled them, but it sort of highlights one problem I have with the show. Not really the show, but I guess how people will act on the show. Apparantly P&T only get one guess as to how they did the trick. So this guy basically built his act to make it look like he did a lot of basic, common outs (trick cubes, sleight of hand to switch cubes out, etc.) that magicians use, but actually didn't do any of those things. So when they guess that he did one of those things, they are wrong and he wins. It's kind of like playing the metagame, where you make it seem like you could've done a bunch of things that you didn't really do. Does that count as fooling? I guess, but the premise of the show is to truly make an act that fools real magicians, not tempt them into guessing wrong so you win. I'm not sure how else they could do the show to protect against that kind of behavior, though. It's an awesome show from what I saw, I will definitely watch everything on the site.

On a related note, I actually got to meet Penn & Teller. They just hung out in the lobby after the show. They took their final bow, and then ran down the steps of the stage and down the aisles to beat everyone into the lobby. And they just hung out there until every last person was gone. Took pictures, signed anything anyone wanted signed, and just talked to people. One dude brought the Simpsons Teller action figure:
neca-the-simpsons-25-of--77715-0p.jpg
for Teller to sign, and he loved it. Held it up for everyone to see. They were such cool dudes, to wait out there and talk to everyone who came. They're so popular and successful, they could absolutely just go to their rooms after the act and wouldn't lose any sort of good will from fans. But they stayed out there and spoke to everyone. It was really something else.

Holy shit. I watched a lot of Fool Us on Youtube, whatever didn't get taken down, but I had no idea it got licensed for the US.

There was actually a guy who did a Rubik's Cube trick on this latest season who did an AMA on Reddit. He fooled them, but it sort of highlights one problem I have with the show. Not really the show, but I guess how people will act on the show. Apparantly P&T only get one guess as to how they did the trick. So this guy basically built his act to make it look like he did a lot of basic, common outs (trick cubes, sleight of hand to switch cubes out, etc.) that magicians use, but actually didn't do any of those things. So when they guess that he did one of those things, they are wrong and he wins. It's kind of like playing the metagame, where you make it seem like you could've done a bunch of things that you didn't really do. Does that count as fooling? I guess, but the premise of the show is to truly make an act that fools real magicians, not tempt them into guessing wrong so you win. I'm not sure how else they could do the show to protect against that kind of behavior, though. It's an awesome show from what I saw, I will definitely watch everything on the site.

On a related note, I actually got to meet Penn & Teller. They just hung out in the lobby after the show. They took their final bow, and then ran down the steps of the stage and down the aisles to beat everyone into the lobby. And they just hung out there until every last person was gone. Took pictures, signed anything anyone wanted signed, and just talked to people. One dude brought the Simpsons Teller action figure:
neca-the-simpsons-25-of--77715-0p.jpg
for Teller to sign, and he loved it. Held it up for everyone to see. They were such cool dudes, to wait out there and talk to everyone who came. They're so popular and successful, they could absolutely just go to their rooms after the act and wouldn't lose any sort of good will from fans. But they stayed out there and spoke to everyone. It was really something else.
That's really nice of them.
I've always respected them, but that takes it to another level.

You're alive! Where've you been?
Some of us have jawbs.

But forreals tho. I work to buy video games. Too tired to play video games because of work.

I missed the Destiny boat. I might pick it up when the complete edition comes out. Then again, might not play because of work n shit.

You fweaks should find a way to make paper from playing games.  Trashman should have a gameplay commentary video series yesteryear.

By the way, I'm playing this Call of Duty meets Minecraft game called Blockstorm.  You can design your own characters, maps and weapons.  It's in Alpha, so I'm hoping they add sprinting and perks in the future.

The maps are destructible, too.  There's a Titanfall-like mode with mechs, which you can also design.  Hoping for vehicles.

It uses the Steam Workshop, so you can browse for premade characters, maps and guns.  You can make pretty much anything you can imagine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zNwYBG2bm4

Last edited:
Some of us have jawbs.

But forreals tho. I work to buy video games. Too tired to play video games because of work.

I missed the Destiny boat. I might pick it up when the complete edition comes out. Then again, might not play because of work n shit.
I think there's a BO3 beta this month that's free.

Are you getting Star Wars this fall?

New World of Warcraft announcement looked pretty meh.  It feels more like a Patch, than a full blown release (and I'm sure they'll charge the same).  I think after this last expansion, I might let my sub run out.  Depends on why my friends decide...whats left of them, that is.

Some bounty hunters caught some dude that was either living or staying at my neighbor's house a couple of days ago. It was nothing like Dog the bounty hunter. These guys rolled up in a couple of Honda Accords and a Toyota 4runner. Boring capture.

I won a 4 table poker tournament last night.  :cool:  When there was just two of left, she had, like, legit 90% of the chips in play and I still won. :cool:

$35 entry.  First place was $~500, second was $180ish.

Last edited:
db jr. is a man now.

-

I played a long cash game session, last night, and some guy named "Monster" called me and some other guy a "DICK SMOOCHER" and another guy a couple of tables away a "PICKLE KISSER".

Nice! Did you charm her or intimidate her?
Neither. She doesn't know how to play, so it was actually pretty incredible that she was the overwhelming chipleader for the entire tournament.

I'm pretty good at heads up, so I just ended up outplaying her and only playing good hands, although I ended up taking the last of her chips with 87 of diamonds.

She legit doesn't know how to play, and she was stacking people left and right.

Last edited:
ATT is laying fiber in my neighborhood. They started putting it in on my street the same day I got my google fiber shirt.

Sucks that ATT has a frikken data cap.

Moved into a new place for my last semester of school, but I lost the stands to both of my TVs in the move somehow... so I'm getting more intimate with my 3DS until I can play the PS4 again. It's crazy how fun WarioWare (GBA) is 12 years later... and it's crazy that it's been that long.

ATT is laying fiber in my neighborhood. They started putting it in on my street the same day I got my google fiber shirt.

Sucks that ATT has a frikken data cap.
Aren't you guys getting Google Fiber in your area soon or already? I don't know a lot about it specifically but I was under the impression that it blows any other service out of the water. What's the draw of ATT (if it didn't have the cap)?

ATT is laying gigabit internet here too. Time Warner is putting in Maxx which tops out at 300 Mbps.

ATT has some gigabit internet in some of the new apartments near my house and they appear to be building out their network to compete with Google. Google doesn't seem to be laying much in the way of cable yet, but they have been putting in fiber huts. They put one in probably 4 miles from my house. A hut is supposed to connect either 25k or 50k people from what I remember. The cable ties into the huts.

I would much rather have google, but I'm just ready to be able to ditch time warner.

I'd kill for regular internet at this point.  I'm in a house for once instead of an apartment and the internet is just atrocious.  Idk if it's terrible internet, the fact that 2 full walls and some outdoor space is between me and the router, or what, but I can't even play Hearthstone for 30 minutes without a DC.  ;-;

bread's done
Back