Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Davivascaino']those jackets are horrible. Do you guys are really putting that on your gamepad?[/QUOTE]

I am definitely getting a screen protector, but none of the jackets / cases appeal to me yet.. I may just put up with fingerprints for now

Okay, I'm an idiot. I had a preorder with Wal-mart through their layaway program. Having no idea how the layaway program works, I decided to pay off my Wii U yesterday. The lady at the desk was very nice and helped me pay it off. Then she realized it was for the Wii U and told me that because I paid it off, the system marks my order as "picked up". CRAP.

Of course, there's no way to re-add me back to the preorder queue since they aren't taking any more preorders. She talked to her manager who agreed to set aside my system for me and give me a call when it arrives.

Lesson of the day: DO NOT PAY OFF YOUR BALANCE PRIOR TO PICK UP

She also said that they would be receiving shipments between Wednesday and Thursday. I doubt they would sell it before the official street date though.

[quote name='Reraise']

They are expecting double their pre ordered amount delivered for some walk ins. If that holds true across the company, hopefully there wont be a shortage and it will screw over the "buy 5 and price hike on Ebay" douches.[/QUOTE]

There will be a shortage. Guaranteed. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just naive.

If this was already posted, please keep the flaming to a maximum of three pages, I just don't have the time to go back and dig through all of the posts to see its already there. I thought this was some interesting information from Nintendo America's Scott Moffitt:

"GamesBeat: If I tried to place an order, supposing some retailer had pre-sales still open, how long would it take at this point before I might get one? Is it well into the new year?

Moffitt: No, not at all. We’ve been through these processes before. We want product to be available on day one in stores throughout the country. If you line up or get there early, you should be able to get product on day one. GameStop has not sold all of their day one allocation. They’ve sold what they were making available for pre-sales. Those are two different numbers. Now, a lot of what we gave them, they’ve sold to pre-sales, but, like every retailer will, they’ve held some back so they have product on day one for consumers that come in the door.
We have said that we’ll have more Wii U units on store shelves in week one than we did for Wii in 2006. We’ll also have replenishment much more frequently during the holiday than we did for Wii. Having said that, though, we’re guessing there could be shortages. It won’t be there every day. Shipments coming in each week could sell very quickly.

He is making a distinction between pre-sales and day one on-hand inventory.... so you're saying there is a chance...

Entire article: here

[quote name='tightclaws']http://nintendoeverything.com/10495...keeping-third-parties-on-board-3ds-talk-more/

From the horses mouth, yes this guy works for Nintendo, I think i will take his word over all these doom sayers.[/QUOTE]

So either the Wii U will bomb in sales (unlikely), or this will be a huge hit like the Wii.

Nintendo won't be able to produce these fast enough (until at least next year). It just isn't going to happen. We are 5 days away. In 5 days, we can revisit this thread around lets say 1pm and see the chaos. The news reports. The eBay sales.

If anyone is foolish enough to think they can blindly walk into a retail store around 1pm and nab one of these (maybe a base unit :lol: ), they have another thing coming to them. Just look at the pre-order madness!

[quote name='Kingmob46']If this was already posted, please keep the flaming to a maximum of three pages, I just don't have the time to go back and dig through all of the posts to see its already there. I thought this was some interesting information from Nintendo America's Scott Moffitt:

"GamesBeat: If I tried to place an order, supposing some retailer had pre-sales still open, how long would it take at this point before I might get one? Is it well into the new year?

Moffitt: No, not at all. We’ve been through these processes before. We want product to be available on day one in stores throughout the country. If you line up or get there early, you should be able to get product on day one. GameStop has not sold all of their day one allocation. They’ve sold what they were making available for pre-sales. Those are two different numbers. Now, a lot of what we gave them, they’ve sold to pre-sales, but, like every retailer will, they’ve held some back so they have product on day one for consumers that come in the door.
We have said that we’ll have more Wii U units on store shelves in week one than we did for Wii in 2006. We’ll also have replenishment much more frequently during the holiday than we did for Wii. Having said that, though, we’re guessing there could be shortages. It won’t be there every day. Shipments coming in each week could sell very quickly.

He is making a distinction between pre-sales and day one on-hand inventory.... so you're saying there is a chance...

Entire article: here[/QUOTE]

Great. GameStop has 10 pre-orders and 5 extra to sell to walk-ins.

Those will be gone in seconds.

What happens at that point? When is Nintendo's next shipment? A week? 2 weeks? They have several other launches happening in other Countries as well.

Let's say it's a week. Every retailer is now sold out. What happens next?

[quote name='GizmoGC']Great. GameStop has 10 pre-orders and 5 extra to sell to walk-ins.

Those will be gone in seconds.

What happens at that point? When is Nintendo's next shipment? A week? 2 weeks? They have several other launches happening in other Countries as well.

Let's say it's a week. Every retailer is now sold out. What happens next?[/QUOTE]
e’ll also have replenishment much more frequently during the holiday than we did for Wii. Having said that, though, we’re guessing there could be shortages. It won’t be there every day. Shipments coming in each week could sell very quickly.
He says every week thats specific, why do you have such a vested interest ? Did you buy 10 and are expecting to rape people?

[quote name='GizmoGC'] If anyone is foolish enough to think they can blindly walk into a retail store around 1pm and nab one of these (maybe a base unit :lol: ), they have another thing coming to them. Just look at the pre-order madness![/QUOTE]

As far as the "base units", I could still get 10 preorder cards from area Target stores for those today if I wanted to. Not sure what that means for walking in and picking up units on launch day, though.

Question:

I have only one wii remote plus. Will the older wii remote w/out 'plus' play with the wii-u titles releasing?

I am thinking the old wii remotes will work and function properly with the new wii-u titles, but I want to make sure everyone in the family will be able to play together. Thank you in advance to anyone that can help.

[quote name='tightclaws']e’ll also have replenishment much more frequently during the holiday than we did for Wii. Having said that, though, we’re guessing there could be shortages. It won’t be there every day. Shipments coming in each week could sell very quickly.
He says every week thats specific, why do you have such a vested interest ? Did you buy 10 and are expecting to rape people?[/QUOTE]

What he say's and what they do are two different things. They can restock as much as they want - if the Wii U continues to sell out it's not meeting demand.

[quote name='maximumzero']So can I sign up for Target's Red Card at checkout? I'm not big on getting credit cards for everything but I'll take that 5% discount gladly.[/QUOTE]

Yes, and you can sign up through your debit card. You dont need their credit card

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']Question:

I have only one wii remote plus. Will the older wii remote w/out 'plus' play with the wii-u titles releasing?

I am thinking the old wii remotes will work and function properly with the new wii-u titles, but I want to make sure everyone in the family will be able to play together. Thank you in advance to anyone that can help.[/QUOTE]

It'll be just like the Wii. Some games will utilize or straight-out require the Motion Plus tech, but a decent chunk of software will work without it.

It's on a case-by-case basis, and you'll basically have to check the box of each game to find out.

[quote name='free_willy']As far as the "base units", I could still get 10 preorder cards from area Target stores for those today if I wanted to. Not sure what that means for walking in and picking up units on launch day, though.[/QUOTE]

Who wants the base besides consumers with no knowledge of what the deluxe has? It's just Nintendo's excuse to say they have a Wii U available at under $300.

I checked my local craiglist, and some guy on there supposedly has 25 preorders on it! O.O

We STILL have not found out what games are included in that Total Rewards website deal.. it says "includes 3 E Rated titles"... but we don't know if they are including Nintendoland in the deluxe box, or 3 additional games.

They DID however give us a delivery estimate...its shipped by a 3rd party supplier, and should arrive "in 2-3 WEEKS".

THIS is why we have our backup walmart preorders. if they try to supply them in the middle of a system shortage, we KNOW they'll send us a cancellation notice.

We are hoping to snag NSMBWIIU, Darksiders II and AC3 during the follow week's TRU sale.. I wonder how many of each title they'll have in stock? We need to add a 3rd title to that for the deal, but are undecided on what else to snag. If it shows up, it'll be the portal owners skylanders set.

[quote name='maximumzero']It'll be just like the Wii. Some games will utilize or straight-out require the Motion Plus tech, but a decent chunk of software will work without it.

It's on a case-by-case basis, and you'll basically have to check the box of each game to find out.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Nice to have my question answered. :)

I am planning on Mario and zombie-U. The free title with the console and Mario are the only two I am hoping the regular wii remotes will function.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Who wants the base besides consumers with no knowledge of what the deluxe has? It's just Nintendo's excuse to say they have a Wii U available at under $300.[/QUOTE]

Customers not planning on buying much digital software and who aren't interested in Nintendoland?

[quote name='maximumzero']Customers not planning on buying much digital software and who aren't interested in Nintendoland?[/QUOTE]

And don't want a Charging cradle/stand.

Or 24GB of extra space.

Big difference for $50.

[quote name='maximumzero']It'll be just like the Wii. Some games will utilize or straight-out require the Motion Plus tech, but a decent chunk of software will work without it.

It's on a case-by-case basis, and you'll basically have to check the box of each game to find out.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure about this? Ive heard that Wii U games will REQUIRE the motion plus...the regular ones wont work...

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']Are you sure about this? Ive heard that Wii U games will REQUIRE the motion plus...the regular ones wont work...[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure the Metroid Nintendo Land game requires motion plus.

[quote name='vtswordfish']Does the $300 version come with the pro controller?[/QUOTE]

Neither version does. The majority of us preordered one in addition to the console.

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']Are you sure about this? Ive heard that Wii U games will REQUIRE the motion plus...the regular ones wont work...[/QUOTE]

Ahh crap. I hope they work.

Fred Meyer just had those wii remote plus 10 dollars off, plus an additional 10% off. :( I doubt they are still on sale. I should have grabbed one more just in case.

Can't think of a reason why New Super Mario Bros U would require the motion plus. AFAIK the only motion controls in-game are the spin like last time and any tilt-controlled platforms.

It says here on this page. "Wii Remote, Wii Remote Plus and Nunchuk controllers are compatible with the Wii U console."

So there's your answer. There's way too many Wii Remotes out there for Nintendo to just say "Yeah those don't work anymore."

[quote name='GizmoGC']What "Total Rewards" 3 games are you talking about?[/QUOTE]

Total Rewards is a website that companys subscribe to to offer benefits for employees.

My wife's business (Harrah's Cherokee) gives bonus "credits" based on company quarterly performance, and you can "buy" items there with the credits.

Since she is in management, she actually gets double credits, and we used them for the wii U deluxe bundle they had listed there.

It actually includes the Wii U deluxe bundle, a black nunchuk and wiimote motion plus, and 3 E rated titles.

You can kinda figure out what the value of the points are based on other items they have listed (And there are hundereds of items)

Based on the point cost, we estimated the cost of thier bundle at being between $500 and $600, and based on the deluxe bundle cost, and the nunchuck and wiimote, 3 $60 titles would easily fit in that package total cost.

But they don't have the actual game titles posted on the site, and still haven't sent us a second email with the actual included titles.

If they are lower cost games, we might just flip them on craiglist or ebay.. its hard to tell if we'll get games we really want, or shovelware dance titles.

[quote name='SearchX']Okay, I'm an idiot. I had a preorder with Wal-mart through their layaway program. Having no idea how the layaway program works, I decided to pay off my Wii U yesterday. The lady at the desk was very nice and helped me pay it off. Then she realized it was for the Wii U and told me that because I paid it off, the system marks my order as "picked up". CRAP.

Of course, there's no way to re-add me back to the preorder queue since they aren't taking any more preorders. She talked to her manager who agreed to set aside my system for me and give me a call when it arrives.

Lesson of the day: DO NOT PAY OFF YOUR BALANCE PRIOR TO PICK UP

She also said that they would be receiving shipments between Wednesday and Thursday. I doubt they would sell it before the official street date though.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's just a function of being over 30 and having a steady job, but I don't understand why anyone is even bothering to pay off their interest-free layaway balance early.

[quote name='NoMeDigas']Maybe it's just a function of being over 30 and having a steady job, but I don't understand why anyone is even bothering to pay off their interest-free layaway balance early[/QUOTE]

One less thing to worry about?

[quote name='NoMeDigas']Maybe it's just a function of being over 30 and having a steady job, but I don't understand why anyone is even bothering to pay off their interest-free layaway balance early[/QUOTE]

I don't get it either. I am not giving a company money early that I don't have to in securing the product for me. They generate billions in profit so they can't have my $0.30 in interest :cool:

[quote name='vtswordfish']Did newegg ever do preorders? I know they have the games and had some $12 off running on those a while back but never saw the systems on there.[/QUOTE]

Consoles never appeared. Does NewEgg do console launches?

[quote name='maximumzero']One less thing to worry about?[/QUOTE]

I guess if you're really bad at managing your finances. I don't usually "worry" about swiping my credit card or handing over cash to pay the rest of a pre-order balance. We've just seen multiple cases here of people unnecessarily paying off their Wii U layaway at Wal-Mart before picking it up. But even if paying it off didn't screw things up, why not just wait until you go to pick up the system?

I guess I just don't see the point. There is no financial or other advantage to paying off a pre-order early, unless you literally can't trust yourself to not blow all the money you have set aside for the Wii U on Cheetos and Mt. Dew instead (and if that's the case, you probably shouldn't be spending $350+ on video game consoles).

But for those of us who live, work and play in the real world of mortgages, car payments, income taxes and bank accounts... why bother? Wal-Mart can certainly wait for you to pay them until the day you pick up your Wii U.

[quote name='jacknicklson']I don't get it either. I am not giving a company money early that I don't have to in securing the product for me. They generate billions in profit so they can't have my $0.30 in interest :cool:[/QUOTE]
Exactly. I already paid my deposit... they can have the rest when they have my Wii U ready for me to pickup and not a moment before.

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']Ahh crap. I hope they work.

Fred Meyer just had those wii remote plus 10 dollars off, plus an additional 10% off. :( I doubt they are still on sale. I should have grabbed one more just in case.[/QUOTE]

Black Friday Walmart will have Wii motion on sale for $15! if you need more wiimote+ controllers. and they are black if you want them to match your deluxe!

[quote name='maximumzero']Can't think of a reason why New Super Mario Bros U would require the motion plus. AFAIK the only motion controls in-game are the spin like last time and any tilt-controlled platforms.

It says here on this page. "Wii Remote, Wii Remote Plus and Nunchuk controllers are compatible with the Wii U console."

So there's your answer. There's way too many Wii Remotes out there for Nintendo to just say "Yeah those don't work anymore."[/QUOTE]

wow...youre right...guess I was misinformed. I believe Nintendoland requires it though...

[quote name='maximumzero']Consoles never appeared. Does NewEgg do console launches?[/QUOTE]

I asked a CS rep via their chat just now and she said that they actually do not know from the CS end and that it is up to their merchandising people to put up quantities and preorders. She did say to 'keep an eye on the website' though.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']What you said but change it to, why someone would use layaway. If you can't afford to pay cash for something offered at a Walmart when you walk in, then don't get it.[/QUOTE]

Layaway is walmarts only option for preorder, that's why.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']What you said but change it to, why someone would use layaway. If you can't afford to pay cash for something offered at a Walmart when you walk in, then don't get it.[/QUOTE]

Aejeck covered it, but basically the only way to Pre-Order through Wal-Mart was through the layaway counter.

For anyone that is sure that Target is going to hold the Wii U for preorder, I have a little story for you. I wandered into my local Target this morning to see if they received any extra Care packages. Another guy arrived about 2 minutes before me and he picked up the last one for the Xbox. He asked the lady if they had it for PS3 since he preordered it. He showed her his preorder card and she checked in the back. She came back and told him that they sold it at midnight and that they didn't have one to give him even though he preordered it. He ended up leaving pissed off and I bought the Care package that he put back. I'm not holding my breathe for my Wii U preorder....

[quote name='NoMeDigas']Maybe it's just a function of being over 30 and having a steady job, but I don't understand why anyone is even bothering to pay off their interest-free layaway balance early.[/QUOTE]

they're probably less likely to "accidentally" sell your console to someone else if you've already paid it off, as opposed to someone who put down the minimum.

[quote name='thetruth1983']For anyone that is sure that Target is going to hold the Wii U for preorder, I have a little story for you. I wandered into my local Target this morning to see if they received any extra Care packages. Another guy arrived about 2 minutes before me and he picked up the last one for the Xbox. He asked the lady if they had it for PS3 since he preordered it. He showed her his preorder card and she checked in the back. She came back and told him that they sold it at midnight and that they didn't have one to give him even though he preordered it. He ended up leaving pissed off and I bought the Care package that he put back. I'm not holding my breathe for my Wii U preorder....[/QUOTE]

somewhat glad i didn't pre-order there then. it could be good for people who missed out though; there is hope for them after all, as long as they show up before the people the pre-ordered.

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']they're probably less likely to "accidentally" sell your console to someone else if you've already paid it off, as opposed to someone who put down the minimum.[/QUOTE]

Why? Whether you paid it off or not, layaway still works the exact same way. If they're going to accidentally sell a reserved console that is supposed to be cataloged and set aside , they're not going to discriminate over one that is paid in full versus one that only has the deposit down. Wal-Mart does billions of dollars in sales a year... they're not some Mom and Pop store trying to unload a $350 console so they can balance the ledger.

Well, Best Buy screwed me over on my purchase. They billed my account the amount to hold the preorder. I kept the money in the account. In middle of the night, they notified me that my payment was rejected, and to call and correct the order. One minute later, they cancelled it. I found out that my my bank was holding the money for the preorder, but Best Buy made another request on top of the hold. So the bank refused to do two holds. Anyhow, Bestbuy.com could care less.. they told me to preorder it again, which is not possible or to just go to my store. I cant wait in line even if I want to with my disability.

So now, No WiiU, and I have a ton of preorders with Newegg for games and the new controller. Happy Veterans Day gift for me from Best Buy. The good thing is, as a vet, Im kinda used to being screwed over.

[quote name='fyrflash1969']Well, Best Buy screwed me over on my purchase. They billed my account the amount to hold the preorder. I kept the money in the account. In middle of the night, they notified me that my payment was rejected, and to call and correct the order. One minute later, they cancelled it. I found out that my my bank was holding the money for the preorder, but Best Buy made another request on top of the hold. So the bank refused to do two holds. Anyhow, Bestbuy.com could care less.. they told me to preorder it again, which is not possible or to just go to my store. I cant wait in line even if I want to with my disability.

So now, No WiiU, and I have a ton of preorders with Newegg for games and the new controller. Happy Veterans Day gift for me from Best Buy. The good thing is, as a vet, Im kinda used to being screwed over.[/QUOTE]

That sucks really badly. Basically this is why I don't do pre order stuff online. Banks love to make decisions for you.

Talked to the dude in electronics while trading in some games at best buy and he said they only took preorders for 6 days and only sold 5 of them. Said they are definitely going to have some come launch day for those who missed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back