Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The Toysrus in Jersey City, NJ has Wii U Deluxe set in stock. I was surprised, I thought it would be sold out for weeks.

the holidays are much better when people can actually buy the things they want to buy without paying double the retail price

I think Nintendo (as far as supply goes) is handling this launch about as well as could be expected... i did not expect stores to be resupplied so fast with more shipments of Wii Us

Well Reggie the president of nintendo said a month ago that they wouldnt be hard to find.

I think because the wii u is the first console of the next generation they want to pump out as many as possible and take control of the next gen right now. It wouldnt make sense to limit stock because the PS4 and Xbox are looming.

On my way home, stopped by GameStop and picked up wii u deluxe along with Mario bros and stylus protector. My brother did the same today, GameStop does have them in stock!! Just ask!

[quote name='soxxx']Well Reggie the president of nintendo said a month ago that they wouldnt be hard to find.

I think because the wii u is the first console of the next generation they want to pump out as many as possible and take control of the next gen right now. It wouldnt make sense to limit stock because the PS4 and Xbox are looming.[/QUOTE]

It's the last of the current gen IMO. Doesn't mean anything is wrong with it.

[quote name='breakfuss']I bet all the re-sellers are sh*tting themselves. Back to wally-world you go. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

My extra sold just fine on CL. Yesterday TRU had a stack of them which I am sure they held back for black Friday but today they are all gone again.

[quote name='pjb16']It's the last of the current gen IMO. Doesn't mean anything is wrong with it.[/QUOTE]

It is the first console of the new gen. :roll:

Meh, double post.

[quote name='Octopod']It is the first console of the new gen. :roll:

Meh, double post.[/QUOTE]

Not in my opinion. I think it's the last of the past generation too. This system just does not seem like it the first of the next gen. The games look worse than PS3 and 360 games, and so...I don't know, it just doesn't feel like a machine that's pushing us forward in the way that all past machines did.

Even the Wii was a step up from the Gamecube, XBox and PS2, in terms of graphical performance. Not much of one, but still it was definitely more powerful than the previous gen of systems. I haven't seen anything yet that makes me feel like the Wii U is more powerful than a PS3 or 360. I know, it's launch, so we're not seeing the best it can do yet, but it's very telling that there isn't a single game at launch that looks better than the current gen games on other systems. I can't think of another console launch where that was true, and it's making it really hard for me to get excited for this console.

I'll buy one, but...I'm just not pumped about it. Where at the launch of the Wii, my wife and I camped out at Target in Wisconsin in November, in the bitter cold. So I'm not a Nintendo hater. Going into the Wii/PS3/360 gen, I was most hyped for Wii at launch. Granted I ended up being miserably disappointed with the Wii...which isn't helping me get into the Wii U either. I've never been less excited about a console launch.

[quote name='pjb16']It's the last of the current gen IMO. Doesn't mean anything is wrong with it.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you're new to gaming? Look up console generations on Wikipedia if you're confused by how they are measured.

[quote name='charlescheese']Not in my opinion. I think it's the last of the past generation too. This system just does not seem like it the first of the next gen. The games look worse than PS3 and 360 games, and so...I don't know, it just doesn't feel like a machine that's pushing us forward in the way that all past machines did.

Even the Wii was a step up from the Gamecube, XBox and PS2, in terms of graphical performance. Not much of one, but still it was definitely more powerful than the previous gen of systems. I haven't seen anything yet that makes me feel like the Wii U is more powerful than a PS3 or 360. I know, it's launch, so we're not seeing the best it can do yet, but it's very telling that there isn't a single game at launch that looks better than the current gen games on other systems. I can't think of another console launch where that was true, and it's making it really hard for me to get excited for this console.

I'll buy one, but...I'm just not pumped about it. Where at the launch of the Wii, my wife and I camped out at Target in Wisconsin in November, in the bitter cold. So I'm not a Nintendo hater. Going into the Wii/PS3/360 gen, I was most hyped for Wii at launch. Granted I ended up being miserably disappointed with the Wii...which isn't helping me get into the Wii U either. I've never been less excited about a console launch.[/QUOTE]

Console generations have nothing to do with how you feel about the systems. You are welcome to think that a console with double the ram of the competitors is last gen, but it kinda makes you look like a fucking moron, ya know?

It's been less than a week since launch. Do you remember what 360s launch games looked like? If graphics are that important to gaming for you(lolcasuals), then why the hell are you playing consoles?

[quote name='Slowdance']I'm guessing you're new to gaming? Look up console generations on Wikipedia if you're confused by how they are measured.[/QUOTE]

Yup, new to gaming. Thanks for enlightening me. :roll:

[quote name='pjb16']Yup, new to gaming. Thanks for enlightening me. :roll:[/QUOTE]

No problem bro. No need to embarrass yourself when the info is readily available.

[quote name='Octopod']My extra sold just fine on CL. Yesterday TRU had a stack of them which I am sure they held back for black Friday but today they are all gone again.[/QUOTE]

Hard to comment when I don't know how much you sold it for. Regardless, anyone who bought it from you a cent above MSRP isn't very savvy, as the console can be found at a copule of B&Ms and websites. I don't begrudge folks trying to make an extra buck, but deliberately frightening people with threats of shortages is lame. Oh, and by reseller, I mean people with 10 or 15 consoles pictured in their ads, lol.

[quote name='Slowdance']Console generations have nothing to do with how you feel about the systems. You are welcome to think that a console with double the ram of the competitors is last gen, but it kinda makes you look like a fucking moron, ya know?

It's been less than a week since launch. Do you remember what 360s launch games looked like? If graphics are that important to gaming for you(lolcasuals), then why the hell are you playing consoles?[/QUOTE]

:applause: Well put. Don't let the hardcore gamer brigade get to you.

So it sounds like when the the Wii U I pre-ordered at toysrus.com shows up next week, back to the store it goes since I grabbed one in store from Best Buy on launch day and trying to make a few extra bucks reselling them is a waste of time right now. Actually, glad people are finding these at retail.

Anyone returned anything in store from toysrus.com before? Is it no hassle?

[quote name='lawdood']So it sounds like when the the Wii U I pre-ordered at toysrus.com shows up next week, back to the store it goes since I grabbed one in store from Best Buy on launch day and trying to make a few extra bucks reselling them is a waste of time right now. Actually, glad people are finding these at retail.

Anyone returned anything in store from toysrus.com before? Is it no hassle?[/QUOTE]

Wish I could find a deluxe at retail. Best Buy, Walmart, Target, TRU are all out of stock near me, Charlotte, NC.

[quote name='breakfuss']Hard to comment when I don't know how much you sold it for. Regardless, anyone who bought it from you a cent above MSRP isn't very savvy, as the console can be found at a copule of B&Ms and websites. I don't begrudge folks trying to make an extra buck, but deliberately frightening people with threats of shortages is lame. Oh, and by reseller, I mean people with 10 or 15 consoles pictured in their ads, lol.

[/QUOTE]

I sold it for $400. It was just an extra because my brother in law ended up not wanting it for his family after I preorded two just in case. I figured I'd just put it out there for a bit over and if no one bit then I'd take it back. No tax where I bought it so it was a $50 profit. Not bad for me or the buyer I think. A bit of cash for my time and the lady who bought it was driving a new gold Lexus SUV and said she didn't want to have to hunt one down for her son. I think she had the money that it was more of a convenience for her to just email someone and meet real quick to get it.

[quote name='Octopod']I sold it for $400. It was just an extra because my brother in law ended up not wanting it for his family after I preorded two just in case. I figured I'd just put it out there for a bit over and if no one bit then I'd take it back. No tax where I bought it so it was a $50 profit. Not bad for me or the buyer I think. A bit of cash for my time and the lady who bought it was driving a new gold Lexus SUV and said she didn't want to have to hunt one down for her son. I think she had the money that it was more of a convenience for her to just email someone and meet real quick to get it.[/QUOTE]

I hope it was solid gold...

gold-porsche-911-996-cabriolet-1.jpg

[quote name='screwkick']Wish I could find a deluxe at retail. Best Buy, Walmart, Target, TRU are all out of stock near me, Charlotte, NC.[/QUOTE]

I have seen several on shelves in Charlotte and the surrounding area, post Black Friday. Saw a Deluxe and Basic sitting in the case at TRU Concord Mills. Saw several at both BB and Target in Kannapolis. They are around, just make a few calls before you go hunting. I do not like to go into Walmart unless I absolutely have to, and the weekend of Black Friday I like it even less, so haven't checked there.

If any can help me out with this i would appreciate it. So i ended up with 2 deluxes, one from walmart and the other from gamestop. My lil bro decided he did not want and now i can take it back but the one that was suppose to be his i ended up keeping which was from Walmart. I used credit for the gamestop one. Now can i return the gamestop one to walmart to get my cash refund? Im not trying to get over or anything and im really kicking myself for opening the wrong one. All of the upc are the same or does each system have a serial that printed in the system or something like that. And help would be really appreciated. TIA

Finally grabbed one from a Target here in Orlando today. Started calling when they opened and got one tracked down. I was actually on the TRU page almost ready to check out with the crap bundle they posted this morning and my wife found this one. Merry Christmas early for me!

[quote name='JUSTSULTAN']If any can help me out with this i would appreciate it. So i ended up with 2 deluxes, one from walmart and the other from gamestop. My lil bro decided he did not want and now i can take it back but the one that was suppose to be his i ended up keeping which was from Walmart. I used credit for the gamestop one. Now can i return the gamestop one to walmart to get my cash refund? Im not trying to get over or anything and im really kicking myself for opening the wrong one. All of the upc are the same or does each system have a serial that printed in the system or something like that. And help would be really appreciated. TIA[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure each console is tied to a serial and that they're pretty strict about it. I could be wrong, though. Plus...every walmart is different, so you might get a lax one.

[quote name='CHADSTONe']Where are the good damn deals on Wii U games ffs!?[/QUOTE]

Gamestop.com has Batman, Scribblenauts Unlimited, and FIFA 13 for $49.99. Only game deals that I've found so far.

EDIT: Also Nintendo Land for $49.99, and Game Party Champions for $29.99.

I went fishing for a Wii U today.

Didn't go to Best Buy
Target - 1 plain (and was gone later that day when I went to get games)
1st Gamestop - 1 plain
Toys R Us - 3 plains

I called another Gamestop and they had 1 Deluxe left.

They gave me $170 for my PS3 Slim (which is an extra one that came with my TV) and I made the deal.
The guy at Gamestop didn't even turn it on and didn't seem to mind that I gave him the non dual shock sixaxxis controller.

Now if I can only connect to the Wii Shop channel to move my stuff, I would be golden.

[quote name='Slowdance']Console generations have nothing to do with how you feel about the systems. You are welcome to think that a console with double the ram of the competitors is last gen, but it kinda makes you look like a fucking moron, ya know?

It's been less than a week since launch. Do you remember what 360s launch games looked like? If graphics are that important to gaming for you(lolcasuals), then why the hell are you playing consoles?[/QUOTE]

Junior (hehe), I was playing games before you were even a twinkle in your parent's eyes (judging by your use of the word lolcasuals you sound about 10 years old). I have over 700 video games. I don't think I qualify as casual. See my list. I was 4 years old when the Atari 2600 came out, I got one at 5, and I've had nearly every console ever put out including every single Nintendo console (don't have a Wii U yet but will get a deluxe as soon as I see one in store). I've seen every console cycle that has existed, and been an avid gamer since I was 5. I'm a non partisan gamer. I buy every console that comes out, and always will.

So is it this or next gen? Feels like this gen, looks like this gen, sounds like this gen, is getting bad ports of this gen games, but if you want to point to Wikipedia and say it's next gen, well then you can do that. Me, I'm excited to see what PS4 and the 720 are going to do to my eyeballs, and I guarantee that hardware will push the envelope and the graphical changes will be obvious and significant with the launch games. I don't feel the same way for Wii U. For Wii U, I'm just once again looking forward to the Nintendo made games, which is reason enough for me to own a Wii U.

[quote name='lawdood']So it sounds like when the the Wii U I pre-ordered at toysrus.com shows up next week, back to the store it goes since I grabbed one in store from Best Buy on launch day and trying to make a few extra bucks reselling them is a waste of time right now. Actually, glad people are finding these at retail.

Anyone returned anything in store from toysrus.com before? Is it no hassle?[/QUOTE]

Much to this threads delight, you are going to have issues. You cannot return an online TrU order in store and get your money back the same way you paid, you can only get store credit.

So you'll have to ship it back at your own expense (assuming nothing is wrong with it). I would laugh at you except I'm in the same boat. So I'll laugh at the both of us instead. HA HA!

[quote name='charlescheese']Junior (hehe), I was playing games before you were even a twinkle in your parent's eyes (judging by your use of the word lolcasuals you sound about 10 years old). I have over 700 video games. I don't think I qualify as casual. See my list. I was 4 years old when the Atari 2600 came out, I got one at 5, and I've had nearly every console ever put out including every single Nintendo console (don't have a Wii U yet but will get a deluxe as soon as I see one in store). I've seen every console cycle that has existed, and been an avid gamer since I was 5. I'm a non partisan gamer. I buy every console that comes out, and always will.

So is it this or next gen? Feels like this gen, looks like this gen, sounds like this gen, is getting bad ports of this gen games, but if you want to point to Wikipedia and say it's next gen, well then you can do that. Me, I'm excited to see what PS4 and the 720 are going to do to my eyeballs, and I guarantee that hardware will push the envelope and the graphical changes will be obvious and significant with the launch games. I don't feel the same way for Wii U. For Wii U, I'm just once again looking forward to the Nintendo made games, which is reason enough for me to own a Wii U.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the resume, but this isn't up for debate. You are still talking about graphics when you could buy a computer at any time if that is what pushes gaming forward for you.

I'm as excited for the other 2 consoles as anyone here, i'm just pointing out that you're dead wrong, and obviously have no clue what "console gen" means if you're this confused about it. I have no doubt that the PS4 and Xbox 3 will be more powerful. I honestly have no idea why that was brought up.

Curious though, do you feel the same way about the Dreamcast? Or you know, every other first of its gen console that didn't end up being the most powerful? You're welcome to think its underpowered, but there is no need to be willfully ignorant.

[quote name='Slowdance']Thanks for the resume, but this isn't up for debate. You are still talking about graphics when you could buy a computer at any time if that is what pushes gaming forward for you.

I'm as excited for the other 2 consoles as anyone here, i'm just pointing out that you're dead wrong, and obviously have no clue what "console gen" means if you're this confused about it. I have no doubt that the PS4 and Xbox 3 will be more powerful. I honestly have no idea why that was brought up.

Curious though, do you feel the same way about the Dreamcast? Or you know, every other first of its gen console that didn't end up being the most powerful? You're welcome to think its underpowered, but there is no need to be willfully ignorant.[/QUOTE]

Ouch.

[quote name='Davivascaino']Time to ban some people I would say.often times we have some users bringing up this useless discussion about saying that Wii u is not next gen[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't even call it a debate. One person is erroneously spouting b.s. while the other is not. A generation has never been framed by the power of its devices. It's simply a marker of time.

If Nintendo wanted to make a supercomputer with onboard A.I. capable of buttering toast, they could easily build it. That is obviously not their angle. Every generation preceding the wii, Nintendo has matched (and in some cases, outmatched) the competitors' offerings on the tech front. It's rarely a winning formula. @slowdance is right...the only people who care enough to b*tch about graphic thresholds should have enough sense not to play on consoles.

So shouldn't this thread be locked or something? Preorders are done, stores are getting new shipments in, the console is in the wild...not really seeing a need for this anymore.

this thread should be locked... i'm posting this message from my wii u, it's not hard to find. i used the $20 Groupon offer on it, it works fine.

[quote name='KanYozakura']So shouldn't this thread be locked or something? Preorders are done, stores are getting new shipments in, the console is in the wild...not really seeing a need for this anymore.[/QUOTE]
I have to bite my tongue to not respond to anything here, I wish it would be moved.

[quote name='breakfuss']I'm pretty sure each console is tiedforto a serial and that they're pretty strict about it. I could be wrong, though. Plus...every walmart is different, so you might get a lax one.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i think im going to justctry my lucky.So pissedat myself f or not thinking thatthrough...i just wanted to jump in and play Nano Assault and Zombi U...whatif i just switch the insides?

Yeah, I meant to shut this down a few days after the console launched but just got busy with my own shopping ;).

I am closing it now. Discuss the Wii U in this thread:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309784

FWIW, I went to Fred Meyer today and saw both versions sitting in the case. So far this is not like the Wii launch - not sure if it is more supply or less demand or a combination of the 2, but it is what it is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back