Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cakefoo']Good for him, he made more money in one sale than you could make on your paper route[/QUOTE]

LOL. I make more than $50 on my "paper route".

[quote name='Zimmy']What did they give you for the Ps3?
Before the wii u came out there was talk of all these bonus trade ins, now no one mentions anything.[/QUOTE]
If you're talking to me, I got $170 ($85 TIV, doubled due to the BF deal).

Was at the ToysRUs in Pineville, NC (near Charlotte) this afternoon. They had 12 Deluxe and several basics in a cage near the electronics checkout. No one appeared to be interested in them, sales associate was explaining the differences to the one person looking at them.

Keep telling myself I don't need one of these considering the backlog of games I already have. My wife made sure I didn't get one today. I also hope that there will be a different bundle next year, etc. etc.

[quote name='Weagle']Was at the ToysRUs in Pineville, NC (near Charlotte) this afternoon. They had 12 Deluxe and several basics in a cage near the electronics checkout. No one appeared to be interested in them, sales associate was explaining the differences to the one person looking at them.

Keep telling myself I don't need one of these considering the backlog of games I already have. My wife made sure I didn't get one today. I also hope that there will be a different bundle next year, etc. etc.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo has some terrible marketing for the wii u

I think Nintendo did the launch just about right. I see them enough places, but they usually don't last for long. They have gotten re-stocked once or twice already also, but those have not lasted long. I usually see shelves with only one or two units left... sometimes sold out. Enough stock for people to buy, but if they are indecisive the units are usually gone on a second return. This is terrible for the resellers, though, I think.

Me and the wifey went shopping last night and I stopped by BB around 2 a.m., was packed as hell. Anyways they had tons of both systems in stock. No one was scooping them up, but a lot of people had Xbox's though. I bought mine back on Monday, the deluxe but I did manage to get 2 games after a lot of debating. Picked up NSMBU and Fifa at TRU this morning with the BOGO 40% off. I was going to get ZombiU but I figure I would get bored with that real quick. Was looking at Madden but I have that for the Xbox along side Ops. I wanted to get a game I do not have on the other systems so I just went with them 2. If anyone has Madden could you please give me some insight on how it plays online.

I will get one later on down the line and if I do get one it will be no more than that. I feel you my 360 is my primary system as I have had that for yrs now and I buy everything for that. My PS3 I never play as most of my friends do not have one and the online part of it real sucks bad. I have the 60 gb and I only have 6 gigs left. I made a promise I would not buy no more games for it outside The Show and since it does not come out until March, I will just wait to update me hard drive anyways. Anyways I will get a HDD for the Wii eventually since the Wii has to format it, I will get a small size. If I am not playing my Wii like that I will just format it back and just use it as a storage drive simple as that.

i think the saw someone on ebay selling a deluxe and it ended up being cheaper there than in store or pretty close. Maby when europe launches their wiis it will have more demand , but isnt everything region locked?

Wasn't planning on getting on until Pikmin 3 came out, but I randomly checked the nearby Gamestop this afternoon while out shopping. They had signs saying they were in stock, so I got one. Seems like stock is a lot more reasonable this time around, so glad it's not like the Wii launch...

Its weird. I live in South Jersey and we went to like 3 game stops today, 3 wal-marts, 3 targets and 2 best buys and one toys r us and none of them had any deluxe or basics.

[quote name='Deader2818']Its weird. I live in South Jersey and we went to like 3 game stops today, 3 wal-marts, 3 targets and 2 best buys and one toys r us and none of them had any deluxe or basics.[/QUOTE]

It's still selling out, it's just getting frequently re-supplied. You're area probably didn't get a shipment today or yesterday. Keep looking and youll find one.

I've probably turned on my wii-u 8 times since launch but have already experienced 3 hard freezes. Its happening within a few minutes of turning on the system and navigating to different spots. The only way to recover is to pull the power plug. Anyone else seeing this much freezing?

Sorry, no freezing at all for me yet.

Just wanted to say that I was a bit of a skeptic when I picked up the console and really thought this console would collect dust fast for me. I haven't been able to put Mario down, and I was wow'd by how smooth the video chat was with someone on the opposite side of the country as me. My biggest disappointment was the fact that Amazon Instant Video and Hulu weren't live when the console launched, and being a Vita owner, I braced myself for several months of "it's coming we promise". Well color me impressed that those features are already live o_O , great job Nintendo!

[quote name='gamerguy73']Quick question: does the Wii U have Netflix and Hulu available?[/QUOTE]

I assumed Deader was answering you, but to be more clear:

Yes Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Instant are available now.

Loving my Wii U so far.

Very happy with my Wii U right now, once Mario is done though I am a little concerned with the software holding up. Thankfully Pikmin, Lego, Monster Hunter, and others are on their way.

[quote name='marioman']Very happy with my Wii U right now, once Mario is done though I am a little concerned with the software holding up. Thankfully Pikmin, Lego, Monster Hunter, and others are on their way.[/QUOTE]

I borrowed a dust-gathering Wii from a friend years ago, and I wasn't a fan. I impulse-bought the WiiU Deluxe from a Target on launch day and I have to say that I have high hopes for the system.

I have been playing Nintendo Land and SMBU and I'm just having genuine fun. Granted, I haven't really played a Super Mario Bros title for a long time (I didn't own an N64 and I barely dabbled in the DS offerings). Still, I'm enjoying the console.

Having the streaming video apps is nice. I usually use my 360 for Netflix streaming during dinners at home, but now I can do it from the WiiU too (the gamepad makes the Netflix app the best on WiiU in my opinion).

Wasn't a fan of the huge 5gb Software Update (followed by an update for each game). Past that, I hope that developers make good things for the console.

The update was nowhere near 5 GB; that's just a misunderstanding because of how much space the OS takes up.

[quote name='Japakneez']I've probably turned on my wii-u 8 times since launch but have already experienced 3 hard freezes. Its happening within a few minutes of turning on the system and navigating to different spots. The only way to recover is to pull the power plug. Anyone else seeing this much freezing?[/QUOTE]
I have experienced a couple of freezes (only in Miiverse so far), but that's it. But as somebody mentioned, they have an update coming out next week. It'd be nice if they would also give us a way to shut off the GamePad without shutting off the console, but I doubt that will be addressed right now (if ever).

[quote name='Japakneez']I've probably turned on my wii-u 8 times since launch but have already experienced 3 hard freezes. Its happening within a few minutes of turning on the system and navigating to different spots. The only way to recover is to pull the power plug. Anyone else seeing this much freezing?[/QUOTE]

i've gotten hard freezes a few times trying to post on Miiverse through Super Mario Brothers when it prompts me if I want to post on Miiverse....

[quote name='ZombieToast']
I have experienced a couple of freezes (only in Miiverse so far), but that's it. But as somebody mentioned, they have an update coming out next week. It'd be nice if they would also give us a way to shut off the GamePad without shutting off the console, but I doubt that will be addressed right now (if ever).[/QUOTE]

Where is the nintendo announcement of an update that fixes this?

Yes. Not ten minutes ago it froze while I was playing Mario Golf on the VC. I should've waited before sending all my VC/Wiiware stuff to my Wii U.

ZombieToast, I'm pretty sure you can just go into controller settings and turn off the gamepad display by itself. I managed to do this no problem :) I believe it stays off until you turn it back on as well.

If you don't want to pay tax and save some cash, there are some people selling Wii U deluxe sets for $350 on ebay. Since some of you have posted that the box is NOT sealed, then I don't know if those consoles are opened or used or something :/ just writing to let you know though :)

[quote name='Japakneez']Where is the nintendo announcement of an update that fixes this?[/QUOTE]
I don't know if an official announcement has been made, but if you just do a quick Google search for "Wii U freeze update" anything along those lines, you can see that most of the major sites have reported on it.

[quote name='goomba478']ZombieToast, I'm pretty sure you can just go into controller settings and turn off the gamepad display by itself. I managed to do this no problem :) I believe it stays off until you turn it back on as well.[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah, I know about that; I just think it would be nice if I had the option to turn it off completely, especially since all it takes is the push of any button to turn the display back on. It's certainly not a major issue, but I personally think the option would be more convenient and I'm sure there must be others would agree.

Ok so I think I found the source of the patch rumor. This is not official from Nintendo at all. Even the person that reported this patch is skeptical of the information he received from the customer service rep.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1688913/wii_u_freezing_update_coming_next_week.html

If the freezes started happening after the day1 update then yes i do believe this can be fixed soon but if this was not the cause then we may be waiting around a while. I'll probably call in to CS myself tomorrow and see if they say the same thing.

Is anyone here still on a Gamestop waiting list? (Or does anyone know how much Gamestop gets a day?)

I just called them and the girl told me they get the systems everyday and to come and put my name on their waiting list and she will call me once it's in.

I forgot to ask how long the list is and how many they get everyday. >_

I was in Reno, nevada and both Best Buy and Gamestop have them in stock. Especially Bestbuy has bunch laying on the floor both version

Apperently for the freezes, it has to do with the fact that your system is online and spotpass.

I've only had 1 freeze so far (and I've been playing alot).

I mentioned this in another thread but did anybody preorder the Wii U Pro controller from Newegg and receive it? I placed a preorder for one when newegg was running the $12 off preorders promotion awhile ago and then when I checked my preorder they say that the controller will be available 12/31/12? Kind of strange since the controller is already available everywhere else.

Same issue here, but I got lucky after I ordered and noticed their controller stock was completely taken off their site for a while. Seemed a bit funky so I picked one up at GameStop too. Whenever the newegg order ships I'll just think of it as a bonus.

[quote name='breakfuss']I bet all the re-sellers are sh*tting themselves. Back to wally-world you go. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Not a reseller but I'm sure no one is?

[quote name='Metal Militia']I mentioned this in another thread but did anybody preorder the Wii U Pro controller from Newegg and receive it? I placed a preorder for one when newegg was running the $12 off preorders promotion awhile ago and then when I checked my preorder they say that the controller will be available 12/31/12? Kind of strange since the controller is already available everywhere else.[/QUOTE]

I preordered from amazon and my date changed from release date until mid-december a few days ago. Not really something I would even use at the moment so I'm not too put out by it.

[quote name='breakfuss']I bet all the re-sellers are sh*tting themselves. Back to wally-world you go. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

I was trolling the resellers on Craigslist last night. One guy called me an asshole for "ruining things for some people trying to make some quick cash for the holidays."

Gotta love the mentality that I'm the asshole because I'm trying to inform people that Wii U's are in stock all over the region, and that the resellers are just conning them with the shortage BS. :roll:

[quote name='sp00ge']I was trolling the resellers on Craigslist last night. One guy called me an asshole for "ruining things for some people trying to make some quick cash for the holidays."

Gotta love the mentality that I'm the asshole because I'm trying to inform people that Wii U's are in stock all over the region, and that the resellers are just conning them with the shortage BS. :roll:[/QUOTE]

lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back