Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Grabbed my deluxe pre order and NSMB from Wal-Mart at midnight with no problems whatsoever. 5 people total for layaways (I was 3rd), and no one with preorders was bought any extras to flip. Not sure how busy they were in electronics (or what the flipper scene was like) because you couldn't see electronics from the layaway area, but people were still walking away with their consoles when I left Wally World.. Centennial Hills Las Vegas if anyone wants to check there for extras, we were told they were shipped 25.

Was going to give this to the better half for the holidays, but neither one of us has ever done a console launch day. She was stoked and surprised when I walked in and handed her a new Wii U minutes after they were released..

There were about 20 people in line at the Walmart near me, I got there way to late (11:50). They only had 10 systems (6 deluxe / 4 regular). Guess I'll try check somewhere else tomorrow.

[quote name='gordojones88']Ah, you tried that glitch from SlickDeals and got busted. Good for the manager catching on like that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah too bad I was the first non preorder there and should have gotten it regardless. The guy on the phone shouldn't have told me they had 40 when they really only got 22.

no preorder, so i went to bestbuy around 5:30pm to wait in line. about 20 people in front of me. come to find out 10 of those people are actually in line for BF already, in which they didnt get a wii u. I was able to get a deluxe + mario brothers.

about 10-15 people were unable to get a system as they ran out.

For those in NY.

They had tons of stock at Nintendo world. They should have some available at 11 am when the store opens. They had a wall in the back stacked with wii u boxes.

I say you have a very good chance of scoring one if you go their early.

[quote name='rocky9868']Absolute hell at my Walmart tonight. Had two preorders to pick up and got there about 2 hours before midnight. I walked around for a while because there wasn't a line in Layaway and electronics had about 10 people standing in that department for theirs. I went back about an hour later and still nobody waiting in layaway so I found a manager to ask where I was supposed to line up for the preorders. Of course she told me to wait in layaway and somebody would help me at Midnight. At about 1130 two other people start lining up behind me then 10 minutes later 3 other people show up. I started to worry when 12:10 rolled around and nobody was helping us...then I started seeing people down the hall with their purchased Wii U's from electronics in their carts. I was starting to get hot...a janitor walked by and I asked him if he could get somebody in Layaway to help us which he did. So we get a manager to start processing our preorders and he has no clue at all how to do things, he was never even told that the store was doing a midnight launch. He then calls a person from electronics, then another manager and another. Seriously at one point 5 people where on the cash register trying to check me out. After 40 minutes they can tell I am getting pissed as well as the people behind me. They decide to push me aside and attempt to check out the next guy behind me. Guess what? His goes through no problem! The fun isn't even over yet. Come to find out the stores entire stock of Wii U's went out to electronics to be handed out to non-preordering people. I am sure you can imagine how upset everyone is....but it wasn't even 5 minutes before this unassuming rep from electronics comes down to layaway with a cart of all the unsold Wii U's. Ok, good....there are some left right. I am still going to get mine even though they never separated the preorders originally. For some reason the cashier wants to run everybody else through before attempting to do my order again. 5th guy in line is a god-damn flipper and has 4 he is picking up (yes I know he was a flipper because he was bragging how he just got back from another Walmart where he bought 5 other systems to sell)! They start to hand them out to him and they only have 3 black units left. I just wanted to freak out right there....I spoke up and told them I wasn't going to leave without one. None of the 3 managers that were there knew what to do. They all went into the back room for about 10 minutes and came out apologizing to the 5th guy in line telling him that he would have to be refunded for the two other systems they couldn't sell him. They also told me that they were going to sell me the last Deluxe model with 10% off. After calming down I was cool with that. Guess what the manager does next? Extends the 10% off to #5 in line flipper for the two black he was able to buy today, as well as the two black he will buy when they call him back once restocked, as well as 10% the 3 white units that were left over after everything was said and done. I didn't even know what to say or think at the time. I took my new Wii U and headed home exhausted.[/QUOTE]

I can't believe they would be so nice to a flipper.. It even says on their instructions it's limit 2 per person. Of course can't expect them to read the rules Good job speaking up through

[quote name='8bitgamer']For those in NY.

They had tons of stock at Nintendo world. They should have some available at 11 am when the store opens. They had a wall in the back stacked with wii u boxes.

I say you have a very good chance of scoring one if you go their early.[/QUOTE]

Yes they have tons in stock but have you looked at the line? I think Nintendo tweeted a picture looked like 300 or more people waiting. Now maybe they have 1,000 in stock I don't know. When the wii launched I remember they still had it in stock throught the first day and most days after.

I've driven by target, Walmart and toyrus this morning no people waiting and stores open in 1 hour.. Maybe they will all come 15 min before

[quote name='GarrettJD']I thought Target was Buy 2 Get 1 at 50% off, which would mean you would buy 2 at full price and get the 3rd at 50%. Am I wrong?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jrr6415sun']target is b2g150% off (16.66% discount) plus you have to find 3 games you want over just 2[/QUOTE]

Where is this Target B2G1 50% off deal advertised? Is it confirmed? I would definitely buy my games there if it is true but I haven't been able to find anything about it.

EDIT: I see it is now active on their website, but that just changed today. I was looking for days with no luck.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Anyone going out this morning to stores to try and find a Deluxe?[/QUOTE]

I'm at target and am the only one here. Have a pretty good shot I hope.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Anyone going out this morning to stores to try and find a Deluxe?[/QUOTE]

I sure will be. best buy and target. *crosses fingers

[quote name='jrr6415sun']Yes they have tons in stock but have you looked at the line? I think Nintendo tweeted a picture looked like 300 or more people waiting. Now maybe they have 1,000 in stock I don't know. When the wii launched I remember they still had it in stock throught the first day and most days after.

I've driven by target, Walmart and toyrus this morning no people waiting and stores open in 1 hour.. Maybe they will all come 15 min before[/QUOTE]

There was about 500 people total online. I was number 300ish. Since i got there at 8:00pm. By the time I left the line was coming down. If you in the Nyc area your best bet is going to be nintendo world.

Got my ticket and headed home for a few minutes to strip off a few layers of clothing and free the farts that have been stuck in said layers. I'll be heading back to Target when they open in a little bit to pick up the Wii U.

[quote name='trent82']Where is this Target B2G1 50% off deal advertised? Is it confirmed? I would definitely buy my games there if it is true but I haven't been able to find anything about it.

EDIT: I see it is now active on their website, but that just changed today. I was looking for days with no luck.[/QUOTE]

The target deal is active on their website right now... and it says valid until the 21st.

Starting to worry about my Target reservation after reading on this thread. I was assured the other day that those would be set aside, but this is my first attempt at reserving at Target. I'm unable to get there until 10 AM so I am prepping for the worst.

[quote name='sp00ge']Got my ticket and headed home for a few minutes to strip off a few layers of clothing and free the farts that have been stuck in said layers. I'll be heading back to Target when they open in a little bit to pick up the Wii U.[/QUOTE]

Did they ask about reservation cards when you were there?

I am first in line at my target. The manager just came out and said they only have enough for the reservation cards. He is requiring the card and receipt. He saw me and said he had my system set aside with my name on it. I am so relieved!

[quote name='Justamom']I am first in line at my target. The manager just came out and said they only have enough for the reservation cards. He is requiring the card and receipt. He saw me and said he had my system set aside with my name on it. I am so relieved![/QUOTE]

That makes me feel a little better. Now hoping they received enough for reservation cards and that no one around here is using a different store's reservation cards (or that they ask for receipt). I saw several douches selling reservation cards on Craigslist for $50.

Nightmare last night trying to get our Wal-Mart preorders. I was first in line, but thier registers also reset at midnight. It glitches during my purchase, and even though the payment hit my cc, it never sent they money back to Wal-Mart, so they could not release our systems. And even better, the cc company doesn't have anyone working customer service after hours. I bought a nib preorder system just in case they muck something up this am, and I'll have to go down and see if they have the payment processed now, or if I have to call the cc company to correct things.
They had 7 preorders, and got 12 deluxe...and only sold 2 non preorder deluxes.

TRU opens in about 20 minutes. Getting ready to head over there.. Going in with black eyes cause I've been up all night lurking this thread and watching streams.

[quote name='8bitgamer']Sorry about my grammar, I have not slept. Finally finished updated the wii u + downloading mario.[/QUOTE]

Did you buy NSMBU off the eShop Channel?

Nightmare last night trying to get our Wal-Mart preorders. I was first in line, but thier registers also reset at midnight. It glitches during my purchase, and even though the payment hit my cc, it never sent they money back to Wal-Mart, so they could not release our systems. And even better, the cc company doesn't have anyone working customer service after hours. I bought a non preorder system just in case they muck something up this am, and I'll have to go down and see if they have the payment processed now, or if I have to call the cc company to correct things.
They had 7 preorders, and got 12 deluxe...and only sold 2 non preorder deluxes.

[quote name='caMOFOg']Has anyone picked up their layaway orders this morning? Is the layaway dept open? My store opens at 7am.[/QUOTE]

My Walmart opens at 7 and I had no problem picking it up... Lady tried to sell me a white one though.. Nuh uh honey. They told me they only had enough for preorders, but I thought they didn't have the white for preorder

[quote name='sharpeone']Starting to worry about my Target reservation after reading on this thread. I was assured the other day that those would be set aside, but this is my first attempt at reserving at Target. I'm unable to get there until 10 AM so I am prepping for the worst.

Did they ask about reservation cards when you were there?[/QUOTE]

Target near me is turning everyone away who doesn't have a reservation card.. At least they're being nice and letting them know so they don't have to wait in the cold for hours

In line at toys r us in Gaithersburg md. They're giving out tickets. I just walked in to look for games so I was pleasantly surprised. They have about 15 tickets.

I was just able to order one for pickup at my local Walmart here in Plant City, Fla. Says I can pick up today. Have no idea if it's actually legit, but folks may want to see if they're available that way.

Really with my experience at Wal-Mart this morning.they had my name on the system, and it was locked in a different room with a the others
Layaway orders.they only had s few extras, and another guy was buying the last one of the extras.

Now I need to get my second one at best buy for my brother.I will prices match the toys r us sale on games at bby
20121118_073916.jpg

[quote name='gordojones88']Did you buy NSMBU off the eShop Channel?[/QUOTE]

Yes I did.
Took bout 30 minutes to download and install.

Supposedly I will get 599 points, which i then can turn 500 of them into $5.
The rewards program has not gone into effect yet, but they will retroactively credit you.
This is what staff told me at nintendo world, and it seems to be what it says on
http://ddp.nintendo.com/

So, what I did was go to the WM release, and I put a WiiU on layaway. Still waiting on KMart to release my funds. Good idea though right? And at least now I know it's there waiting for me.

Hey, thanks to everyone here. It's been a roller coaster ride, minus the fun of one.

Managed to finish the update and get my Nintendo ID before bed :)

My Walmart had six preorders and had 8 consoles.

Hope everyone is enjoying it so far!! Ive seen some really nice sketches on the Mario wiiverse lol

Anyone else who ordered from gamestop.com when they check ups status A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.

Kinda worried hasn't updated I ordered it with 1 day shipping.

Just got back from my TRU with my deluxe. I got there after it opened so not sure what the line/camping situation was like. They got 8 basics and 4 deluxe that were extras, though the 4 deluxes must have gone fast cause I got there a few minutes after they opened and they were gone. The guy asked if I was there for the WiiU and told me they only had basics left and I pretty much gave him the look of death and went into kill mode as I told him I had preordered a deluxe and he said "oh, yah if you preordered you're good". Then I retracted my claws and paid.

[quote name='Davivascaino']

Now I need to get my second one at best buy for my brother.I will prices match the toys r us sale on games at bby
20121118_073916.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Will Best Buy price match TRU B1G1 40% deal?

Picked up my layaway order from Walmart this morning. If you didn't have a layaway order you were beep out of luck as they sold the few extras or the employees bought them.

Deluxe's seem to be going fast everywhere. I have one preordered at Best Buy but you know how they are (Flakey) so I went to two Walmart's this morning a little after they opened (Stores open at 6AM; I was there by 6:10AM at the first store and 6:20AM at the second).

Both had sold out of the deluxe's and I saw the same guy buying at least one (couldn't tell what else he had in his cart) at both stores.

So I figure at 8AM I'll go to Target and I see the same guy standing in line there attempting to buy more. Target was giving out tickets and I was too late in line to get a ticket so I went to Kmart and waited for them to open. OT but it's a little sad for 40+ year old men to be clearing out stores... but whatever hate the game not the player right?

Kmart was desolate (suprise surprise) but they only got two units and both were basic so I went to TRU and they had gotten a few deluxe's but all had sold within minutes of opening and they were only left with basic units.

So I'm going to check Sam's club at 10AM and then cross my fingers that best buy didn't mess up my preorder.

I really didn't have a lot of interest in this but all the time I spent hunting this morning I suppose I should keep my preorder.

Not sure if Nintendo will be able to keep up with the demand but there are most likely not going to be any units of either model left in my area a few minutes after Best Buy opens this morning

SO awesome. The Targets in my area didn't have a midnight opening. They opened up at 8AM. Me and a fried showed up at 7:45 (We were 5th and 6th in line) and they had 12.

Happy Wii U Day! And good luck everyone

[quote name='GBAstar']Deluxe's seem to be going fast everywhere. I have one preordered at Best Buy but you know how they are (Flakey) so I went to two Walmart's this morning a little after they opened (Stores open at 6AM; I was there by 6:10AM at the first store and 6:20AM at the second).

Both had sold out of the deluxe's and I saw the same guy buying at least one (couldn't tell what else he had in his cart) at both stores.

So I figure at 8AM I'll go to Target and I see the same guy standing in line there attempting to buy more. Target was giving out tickets and I was too late in line to get a ticket so I went to Kmart and waited for them to open. OT but it's a little sad for 40+ year old men to be clearing out stores... but whatever hate the game not the player right?

lmao that was me j/k :bouncy:

[quote name='GBAstar']Deluxe's seem to be going fast everywhere. I have one preordered at Best Buy but you know how they are (Flakey) so I went to two Walmart's this morning a little after they opened (Stores open at 6AM; I was there by 6:10AM at the first store and 6:20AM at the second).

Kmart was desolate (suprise surprise) but they only got two units and both were basic so I went to TRU and they had gotten a few deluxe's but all had sold within minutes of opening and they were only left with basic units.

So I'm going to check Sam's club at 10AM and then cross my fingers that best buy didn't mess up my preorder.

I really didn't have a lot of interest in this but all the time I spent hunting this morning I suppose I should keep my preorder.

Not sure if Nintendo will be able to keep up with the demand but there are most likely not going to be any units of either model left in my area a few minutes after Best Buy opens this morning[/QUOTE]

lmao that was me j/k :bouncy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back