Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='greenwolfe7']Well I think I got everyone beat I don't think there is an employee at my 24hr walmart. I've been here since 6 and only person I've seen in the whole store(customer or employee) is the janitor... im just walking around all the lights are off... odd...[/QUOTE]

I did the exact same thing. It was weird not seeing people all over the damn store. They told me 9am as well. The lady at customer service (pretty cute ;)) gave my the ad. She then radioed for the girl in electronics. No where as attractive as the previous lady. She then told me that layaway opens at 9 so I'm heading there then. Saw a few other Cag's/(that site)/eBay there as well. Good luck guys/gals.

Got to mine at 6:30 and no one was there. McD's wasn't open yet so ran home to eat some breakfast. Going to head back in a few minutes and camp out the last 2 hours.

I was told 8am when I went there to get groceries last night so that's what I'm going with. Gonna go wait around just to see if maybe people are there already.

Just got to my local Walmart & I'm first in line & no other customers are here. Layaway isn't open yet but someone is back there and they confirmed that I can preorder one at 9am!! I'm gettin mine! You gettin yours? Hahahaha! Yessssssss!!!

Had them do mine at 7
One of the managers came to the back and opened the Wii U book and took the preorder, came to 42 and change with their fee and 10%

I got my preorders at 12:01AM at a Walmart in AZ. Took the employee's about 20 minutes to figure out what they were doing, but oh well. There was a single other person there to preorder.

[quote name='Optical']Since its layaway do you have to preorder with cash or can you use a card?[/QUOTE]

I used a card.

[quote name='lmz00']Did you all just head straight to layaway, or did you have to look around for a manager or something?[/QUOTE]
Straight to layaway

Now in most cases there wont be a layaway person there but a manager can do it.

Just got back from Walmart in Manassass (off Liberia), VA. Thankfully there was another random dad who printed out the memo which caused the manager to get called which in turn had him print out REAL memo which has a picture AND a barcode of the Wii U preorder. We both got our two. Thanks fellow random dad.*salute*

[quote name='Maskim']That happened with mine. Eventually the manager remembered that when entering a UPC/item number into the computer manually for layaway, that she had to leave off the last 6 numbers, or it would keep showing as item unavailable. At least that's the reason she told me. It appeared to work just fine when she left those last numbers off.[/QUOTE]

Err, no. It should only be the LAST digit of the UPC number. Congrats at getting some sort of food item instead.

[quote name='lmz00']Can someone post a link to the memo?[/QUOTE]
The Memo

Just got back from mine. Relatively painfree experience. Went to the one that wasn't 24 hours, so there wasn't a chance of them having started at midnight (plus, it's the easiest one to get to). Meant to get there at 6. Overslept, got there at about 7:15. Layaway opened at 9, but customer service and layaway share a space next to each other, so the customer service worker was willing to do it for me, but didn't have any idea how to do a layaway without the physical item. Said the real layaway people would be in at 9 and to ask them (I was expecting to probably have to wait until 9, anyways). Sat on a stool and did some work that I brought. About 8:15, the electronics dept (I had stopped by earlier) called the customer service desk and said they had all the information/instructions. Was out of there 5 minutes later with a 3-ft long receipt and my preorder. Thanks CAGs!

P.S. Was the only one there.

First and only person at the layaway dept at 830am. Got my order in for 2 units but I didn't see the customer service rep print out the package labels according to the memo. She scanned the memo in the black folder twice and charged my card and the system printed out 2 long receipts. They can print the labels out later right?

Just got here. No one in layaway and another lady just walked up. Ask the electronics guy and he was clueless. Told him about the preorders in layaway and he said they don't open until 9.

Well the layaway guy just got here. The electronics guy told him about the wiiu preorders and he had no clue. Oh wait... I think they found the preorder instructions.

[quote name='caMOFOg']First and only person at the layaway dept at 830am. Got my order in for 2 units but I didn't see the customer service rep print out the package labels according to the memo. She scanned the memo in the black folder twice and charged my card and the system printed out 2 long receipts. They can print the labels out later right?[/QUOTE]
When they come on the truck, all the packages will be marked for Layaway. Worse case scenario, without the labels, they'll store them at layaway without knowing who they're for. When you come with your receipt, shouldn't be any problem getting it.

[quote name='caMOFOg']They can print the labels out later right?[/QUOTE]

Yes, the register immediately prompts the associate "No. of labels?"

Got 4 units pre ordered with a relative, we were there at 7am but layaway didn't have anyone till 9 we were told. Went to McDonald's for breakfast, came back and still were only ones there. Around 8:50 a nice csr came and asked what we were there for, left a minute, and had the folder. The orders went smoothly with labels printed as well. I'm happy :D.

Went in at midnight last night, and they told me to come back at 9:00 AM when Customer Service is open.

Went back at 8:30 this morning to find Customer Service already open and serving somebody. When I asked about the Wii U layaway, she said, "Go to Electronics, and bring one back here." When I said that it hasn't been released yet, she said, "You can't put something on layaway unless we have it in the store." When I told her it was in the circular, she said it again, a little more irritated. Sensing she was about to Bruce Banner my ass, I went back to the Electronics department.

There were two guys working in Electronics: one young, one who looked like Roger Sterling from Mad Men. I was hoping to get the young dude, but of course not...

I told him about the circular and asked if this store was doing it. He pulled out a copy of the circular, paged through it, and said he had to go and see if his store was doing it. He disappeared to the front of the store, then walked all the way to the back, and emerged with another manager that seemed to know what was going on. I mentioned the memo, and she said that they were just trying to track down a copy of it. Mr. Sterling went back to the front of the store and came back with the original memo, complete with UPC. Manager lady got on the phone and immediately started calling other Walmarts in the area, saying they're not going to know how to do this. Old Dude walked with me to Customer Service. Poor old dude doing all that walking...

We had an interesting chat about how much Walmart sucks on the way there. He added that, as the first one to do it in the store, I was in pretty good shape, even though Walmart's getting only a limited quantity. I don't know how much truth there is to that, but I'm hoping he's right.

Customer Service lady seemed miffed that I was about to get what I wanted. When my dude held up the memo with the UPC on it, she barked - again - "We don't let people layaway something we don't have!" He responded with, "Uh, yes we do." He reread the memo and disappeared into the back of the store to find the supposed folder that the Wii U receipts were supposed to go in.

They wouldn't let me get two of them, though. The copy of the memo that they had didn't mention "Limit 2 per customer," and I think Customer Service lady was just pissed at me.

ZOMG...well here's my story. I bypassed the 24hr WM on my way home this morning and stopped at the smaller 6-midnight store since I figured the 24hr one could be sold out already. I printed off the memo posted on here which helped a lot. I first went to the electronics dept since layaway was closed this is around 7:45. I asked the only guy I saw that I wanted the po the WiiU, he heads over to the game case....smh. I then tell him, uhm no, its a preorder for something that isn't released yet and hand him the memo. He says they don't do lawaways on items not in stock...smfh. I then tell him my friends have already preordered theirs at their respective 24hr WM. He tells me maybe its only at certain stores...Arrrgh! He finally calls the store manager, who walks back, I tell him the story, he reads the memo, then repeats what the one guy said, and says he knows nothing about it. I asked him to call the 24hr WM that's a few miles away. He then tries entering the upc number in the memo and of course it showed unknown item. They both get this I told you so look on their face. I said I think you have to scan a code on the store memo that your supposed to have. I persist to call the 24hr WM. He then says I'll go investigate this and check my emails and disappears through the layaways doors. While waiting, I went to look for the Sunday WM flyer that is supposed to list the deal....not one flyer in the whole store. While walking back I hear the intercom say will the guy looking for a Wii please come to layaway. I get there and he has this white binder with the bar code to scan on it. He said you are right, I found the memo. I ended up getting 2 and told the guys thanks for the help. They actually apologized which was appreciated. Another WM employee walks up and said he just had 2 calls about the WiiU...lol.

Got back from my local store in MD. I was the second person at 8am (store opened at 6am). They had the memo, and within 5 minutes I was out the door with my two preorders in hand. Amazingly painless...the only curious aspect was that I was told that I HAD to pick up my units by the 18th. I wonder if they will release them if we don't get them?

Hi guys,
I just ordered 2 and took a picture of the memo in case it helps any of you... does anybody know how can I post the pic? I tried unsuccessfully...

[quote name='GoldenTiger']Got 4 units pre ordered with a relative, we were there at 7am but layaway didn't have anyone till 9 we were told. Went to McDonald's for breakfast, came back and still were only ones there. Around 8:50 a nice csr came and asked what we were there for, left a minute, and had the folder. The orders went smoothly with labels printed as well. I'm happy :D.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I was second at my Wal-Mart. Quick and painless. There was a guy who showed up behind me who was getting one as well. CAG wins again! You can also put down a second person if you can't pick it up. I had my mom pre order the other two because no one else would go with me. It'll be interesting to see how this goes down.

[quote name='grouchone']Got back from my local store in MD. I as the second person at 8am (store opened at 6am). They had the memo, and within 5 minutes I was out the door with my two preorders in hand. Amazingly painless...the only curious aspect was that I was told that I HAD to pick up my units by the 18th. I wonder if they will release them if we don't get them?[/QUOTE]
The receipt says that you have until December 14. I see no reason not to pick it up on the 18th, in my case, but that's something worth checking.

[quote name='vegeta4567']Hi guys,
I just ordered 2 and took a picture of the memo in case it helps any of you... does anybody know how can I post the pic? I tried unsuccessfully...[/QUOTE]

Upload it on Imgur

Its 8:30 cat ill wait 30mintill hopefully and see what happens. I should be safe to get one right? Is there a total quantity per store? Or per walmart as a whole?

[quote name='Nintendonly']Yes, the register immediately prompts the associate "No. of labels?"[/QUOTE]

I saw this on the register but I didn't see the actual labels print out? Am I suppose to?

Notice everybody is buying 2. Is everybody going to flip the other 1? The fact that Wal-Mart is allowing 2 per person should be pretty telling that there might be more then enough to satisfy demand come launch. I guess we'll know the answer soon ( how long it takes for them to stop taking preorders ).

The release date on ZombiU changed on amazon. I was listed for it to arrive on the 15th and now they've changed it to the 21st. If that's the case I'm gonna have to cancel and just buy in store.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Same here. I was second at my Wal-Mart. Quick and painless. There was a guy who showed up behind me who was getting one as well. CAG wins again! You can also put down a second person if you can't pick it up. I had my mom pre order the other two because no one else would go with me. It'll be interesting to see how this goes down.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that is exactly what I did. Really glad I heard about this extra preorder thing at walmart.

[quote name='vegeta4567']Hi guys,
I just ordered 2 and took a picture of the memo in case it helps any of you... does anybody know how can I post the pic? I tried unsuccessfully...[/QUOTE]

Please post the picture.

I'm going to try in about an hour or so to go to walmart, and lets just say the folks at mine are a real case lol

Just got back from my Walmart in Reynoldsburg, Ohio. I walked in at the same time as another guy who was preordering too. It looked to be just the two of us. I have to say it was a painless experience. The woman working layaway knew exactly what I was talking about and got me taken care of right away. I was shocked.

Quick n painless here as well. Since I was the forst person there early, the manager had the associate there run through the proceedure with me, so I got to do it 1/2 hour early.

We are #1&#2, and the electronics manager is holding all of them himself, in chronilogical order for launch day distribution at 12:01 am.

Nice n organized.

He also mentioned theres has been rumors of some wii U basic promotion on launch day, to appease people who can't get the sold out deluxe version. He said something like another game or controller probably discounted with basic wii U purchase.

If nintendo does supply massive numbers of the basic unit, it could be that deluxe prices on ebay encourage peopel to just buy the basic unit, and a pile of accessories instead of paying more for the deluxe version.

If that looks to be the case, we'll just return or cancel the second one we preordered, but we are hoping it'll help fund our upgrade from the basic Wii.

The lady that did the preorder really put up a fight for me to not preorder it. She said they wouldn't get many and then she said the people in the back may not know that I have it preordered and could accidentally sell it. I hope there's something place in the system to remind them of preorders when they put the WiiUs in their inventory.

Does anyone know what the payment terms are? Ideally I would like to pay whatever is necessary today for the 2 and just pay them off the day they're released. Are they going to make me come in every week or two to make a payment? If, so, I'll just pay it upfront (less a buck since the memo mentioned not paying in full for tracking reasons).

Just got back after going home earlier. Still the only one here. Less than 15 minutes to 9, and the person working layaway had no idea what I was talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back