Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I already have too many games to play. Wii U can wait. I'm honestly very happy and content with my Wii and 3DS at the moment.

[quote name='predseth']Kinda surprised, but 2 of the 8 or so Best Buys nearest me are already showing "unavailable" for pre-ordering the black system. This is in TN[/QUOTE]

Two stores near me (MI), including the one I go to, are now showing "unavailable" for the black system as well and one store is showing this for the white.

[quote name='advanced']I finally got a call back from the Sales Operator at my local and she said I'd be able to go in first thing tomorrow and preorder it. I called about the test SKU and she inquired with the Gaming Division for me. I deal with her a lot (she helps me out with in-store/preorder pickups) and she's never lied to me once in all my time going to that store, so I believe her.

I'll be there with bells on. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

That's good to know. The people in the gaming department know I'll be back tomorrow as well.

[quote name='Wanderlai']One BB a little ways away from me shows unavailable. I wonder if that store actually sold out of their preorders[/QUOTE]

5 of the 10 closest to me are now unavailable for preorders. At least for the deluxe. Basic set is still showing up for all stores

[quote name='Linkgx1']I'm an unlocked member an a PUR member. Which store is best for preordering?[/QUOTE]

well if you are a best buy premier silver silver member, you have 60 days to return it in case you don't like it. For gamestop, well i dont know if they allow returns but i guess they have the better "gamer" atmosphere for a midnight launch??

[quote name='henry00x']weird indeed, the local bestbuy has the white one available for store pickup but not the black one anymore[/QUOTE]

Earlier today I ordered a deluxe and white from my bestbuy online ship to store. Now I check and it says unavailable. So that's a good sign each store only has a few preorders and are out. I also went to my GameStop and was 5th for it. Im not doing it to be greedy just to get 1. I really have no faith with preorders so I hope I can get at least 1 from someone. Walmart target and Kmart wil have them soon so keep checking. Pace.

All BBs in the south bay are showing unavailable. Thanks to you guys, I was able to secure a preorder for store pickup earlier today :cool:

[quote name='rockstarnati']Two stores near me (MI), including the one I go to, are now showing "unavailable" for the black system as well and one store is showing this for the white.[/QUOTE]

My local is listed as still available, but a lot of the other stores in my area (more popular stores I'd say) are all unavailable. I wonder what this is.

I preordered mine at Gamestop, well my dad did for me I should say... According to the store employees, I'm first in line for the deluxe system. I got to say, I'm a bit surprised how GameStop is handling this. I'm a bit worried this will turn in to the 360 all over again where people who preorder think they'll get it day one, but stock will be low. It does seem like they'll at least do the first come first serve.

But thanks OP for providing the skus. I got a little freaked out when it only said Wii U, but that makes me feel more comfortable.

Also, I was wondering if Best Buy was updating so thanks people for letting me know some are marking it out of stock. All of mine have the deluxe system in stock, though it looks like two are out of stock of the basic model.

Finally, has there been any word on if any stores are having a midnight launch, besides Walmart and other 24 hour stores? The only thing I could find was a forum post on another forum saying no, but I'd like something more official.

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']have you ever heard of these things called external hard drives?[/QUOTE]

I think Nintendo made the right call with using smaller and much quicker SSD hard drives within the system, and allowing us to attach any size external hard drive we want.

At first I thought this thread was completely unnecessary.
Now I'm starting to think I should pre-order
and buy up all the Wii U consoles at launch,
and resell them right before Christmas for huge profit.
What do you guys think?

[quote name='gordojones88']At first I thought this thread was completely unnecessary.
What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

Hay man it's a free market if u got the cash to do it screw it. :applause: if undontdo it a can promise someone else will.

[quote name='gordojones88']At first I thought this thread was completely unnecessary.
What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

We think you should move along and troll elsewhere...

[quote name='TooPoor']Had no interest in the system until bayonetta 2 became their exclusive...[/QUOTE]

That's like katy perry on sesame street.
Mommies everywhere are gonna protest.

I just hope they don't pull a nintendo and repeat the manhunt 2 incident.

If you pre-order at Best Buy for in-store pickup, they don't charge you until the date, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Preordered mine at GameStop earlier as well. Makes me kinda of worried because employee said the company was only getting a total of 5,000 units at launch.

[quote name='morrodox']After the disappointment of the Wii, and Nintendo in general, I think I will wait and see what kind of game support The WiiU gets.[/QUOTE]

Something like 50 titles looks good right now

[quote name='shopsmarts']I have zero interest in this Wii U. It's a system for suckers at 300 and 350. Buy a real system instead: PS3 or 360.[/QUOTE]

Real system? What's the difference they at least they have the same graphics. The Wii U also shares the same controller as the Xbox 360 (you know what I mean). I say buy it and play some updated current games with the DLC already there, and play some Super Mario (Metroid, Zelda, Bayonneta 2, Pokemon ect.).

I will NEVER forget the Xbox 360 Launch. I was the Store Manager of Gamestop 1595 in Trussville, AL -- a few miles outside Birmingham. We were the busiest store in the region. We took something to the effect of 120 pre-orders before GameStop told us to stop taking them. We were told repeatedly that the company was getting enough units and we were even encouraged to collect the full dollar amount of the system to simplify the check-out process for the masses on release night.

Then the news came a week prior to launch. We were getting 12 units. TWELVE. We had 120 orders, about 75ish were FULLY PAID. First thing I did was cancel my employees orders as well as my own. It went over like a lead balloon but it had to be done.

Then as store manager I had the wonderful job of calling the 108 people who had put all their hopes into us making their and their child's christmas and inform them that no, we will not have their unit. It was the worst thing I ever had to do. The company informed us that we would not be compensating them for this issue, since it wasnt our fault. Of course, I'm not going to say that. The company also wanted me to push people into turning their pre-order into a gift card which they could later use to buy a 360. Imagine giving that to a kid on Christmas.

Oh the real kicker: Tell them you can convert the order into a PSP purchase (the PSP had launched earlier in the year) -- GameStop's rationale: The PSP was also new technology therefore people hunting a 360 would want it too. Jeez.

Then of course people are showing up to get their money back and hoping to God they can find a unit elsewhere a week before launch. The problem? We dont start our day with a ton of cash to issue refunds with. After one or two $300-400 refunds, I'm tapped out until I collect more cash. Or they could wait 1-2 weeks for corporate to issue them a check.

It was awful. My customers hated me and I couldnt blame them.

I ended up camping at Walmart for 20 hours to get my launch 360. Good times.

Anyway, heres hoping that the Wii U launch isnt similar.

Edit: Keep in mind this was circa 2005. I havent worked for GameStop for a long, long time and I hear they have changed many procedures over that time. I'm quite sure they wouldnt let this happen again. Well, not entirely sure....

Not nearly enough launch titles to interest me and the price is too high. Hopefully by mid 2013 there will be a price drop and some better games available. There might be 50 launch titles but most of them are recycled/available elsewhere and the exclusives aren't the big-time Nintendo franchises I think most were hoping to see (New SMB and not a new Mario; Nintendoland looks lame; Pikmin 3 is okay but it's not enough of a system seller to get me in for $350).

That press conference today was just as lame as their E3 show, and I'm a Nintendo fanboy who goes back to seeing the original NES at FAO Schwartz in NYC in 1985, a year before it went national. Never forget it either...but those days, sadly, seem to be fading for the big N. Even though I won't be preordering, I hope this system does well for them -- but I'm not convinced, personally, that it's going to.

[quote name='jyerby']I will NEVER forget the Xbox 360 Launch. I was the Store Manager of Gamestop 1595 in Trussville, AL -- a few miles outside Birmingham. We were the busiest store in the region. We took something to the effect of 120 pre-orders before GameStop told us to stop taking them. We were told repeatedly that the company was getting enough units and we were even encouraged to collect the full dollar amount of the system to simplify the check-out process for the masses on release night.

Then the news came a week prior to launch. We were getting 12 units. TWELVE. We had 120 orders, about 75ish were FULLY PAID. First thing I did was cancel my employees orders as well as my own. It went over like a lead balloon but it had to be done.

Then as store manager I had the wonderful job of calling the 108 people who had put all their hopes into us making their and their child's christmas and inform them that no, we will not have their unit. It was the worst thing I ever had to do. The company informed us that we would not be compensating them for this issue, since it wasnt our fault. Of course, I'm not going to say that. The company also wanted me to push people into turning their pre-order into a gift card which they could later use to buy a 360. Imagine giving that to a kid on Christmas.

Oh the real kicker: Tell them you can convert the order into a PSP purchase (the PSP had launched earlier in the year) -- GameStop's rationale: The PSP was also new technology therefore people hunting a 360 would want it too. Jeez.

Then of course people are showing up to get their money back and hoping to God they can find a unit elsewhere a week before launch. The problem? We dont start our day with a ton of cash to issue refunds with. After one or two $300-400 refunds, I'm tapped out until I collect more cash. Or they could wait 1-2 weeks for corporate to issue them a check.

Edit: Keep in mind this was circa 2005. I havent worked for GameStop for a long, long time and I hear they have changed many procedures over that time. I'm quite sure they wouldnt let this happen again. Well, not entirely sure....[/QUOTE]

interesting story, i cannot imagine being in your position, being that you worked for gamestop i have a question, does it show in the system a list of ppl that have preordered in order from day 1?

im just hoping they are organized now and if they are going to do a midnight launch they have the right names and orders for people who came first to preorder

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this, but I feel like it may be worth knowing if you're trying to pick a version or if you plan to purchase a lot of digital content.

Taken from NintendoLife (you can find it stated in various ways on several sites if you Google "Nintendo Premium"):
During today's Japanese Nintendo Direct presentation Nintendo introduced a new dimension to their online offering, called Nintendo Network Premium. It's a loyalty program similar to "PlayStation Plus" offered on PSN.
It is believed that this is only available with the Premium Wii U package ...
The Nintendo Network Premium service is designed for users who intend to download lots of content and includes a 10% discount on games in the online store.
Other sources are claiming that the 10% discount is given in a digital currency which can be turned into points that can then be used to purchase other games/DLC.

[quote name='shopsmarts']I have zero interest in this Wii U. It's a system for suckers at 300 and 350. Buy a real system instead: PS3 or 360.[/QUOTE]

Who doesn't have those already fool? :D Might have to trade in a 360 slim for this.

[quote name='henry00x']interesting story, i cannot imagine being in your position, being that you worked for gamestop i have a question, does it show in the system a list of ppl that have preordered in order from day 1?

im just hoping they are organized now and if they are going to do a midnight launch they have the right names and orders for people who came first to preorder[/QUOTE]

This was back in the day. We had paper tickets in a box that represented each and every preorder for all titles. We would mark the tickets to indicate order, but there was nothing official about that process. Its just what we did because it was easier.

These days they forgo the paper and its all on the computer. I left GameStop shortly after the merger with EB Games. They were installing the new system the month I left. I imagine there is probably a way to populate a list in order but I've seen some stores that keep a binder for system launches and they write the names in order for that purpose.

But I'm not sure exactly how they handle that these days. Its my hope that they dont take orders they cant guarantee.

[quote name='jyerby']This was back in the day. We had paper tickets in a box that represented each and every preorder for all titles. We would mark the tickets to indicate order, but there was nothing official about that process. Its just what we did because it was easier.

These days they forgo the paper and its all on the computer. I left GameStop shortly after the merger with EB Games. They were installing the new system the month I left. I imagine there is probably a way to populate a list in order but I've seen some stores that keep a binder for system launches and they write the names in order for that purpose.

But I'm not sure exactly how they handle that these days. Its my hope that they dont take orders they cant guarantee.[/QUOTE]

thanks for your response, much appreciated

[quote name='henry00x']thanks for your response, much appreciated[/QUOTE]

Always happy to share a war story :D

[quote name='Toss']Who doesn't have those already fool? :D Might have to trade in a 360 slim for this.[/QUOTE]
I can't get excited for the Wii U. No killer apps. And the Novelty of the tablet will probably wear off quickly.
Microsoft will just patch the Xbox to work with all tablets and Sony will probably make their own accessory that will create the same functionality. Just like they did with Kinect and Move to ape the Wii controls.

With that said I hope everyone that wants one has fun with it.
I wonder when the bundle deals will pop up, they still do that right?

Did anyone notice that the toys r us sight says that the estimated ship date is 12/31/12. I was going to preorder a second one from them as my backup but that makes me really hesitant. Does anyone have any experience with preordering consoles from them with this same issue?

I hope after this failure nintendo leaves the console market for good ala' Seeghhhaaaa. How freaking late to console party can one company be, let's use hardware 2-generations behind everyone else and call it something new and revolutinary.

I preorder one just so I have no regrets like when the wii came out, but I have a feeling it's going to bomb. Day 1 and it's still available for preorder. I remember when the ps3 and wii preorder were available and refreshing cag every hour to get one. Only if the new Xbox is this easy.

[quote name='finstersucks']I preorder one just so I have no regrets like when the wii came out, but I have a feeling it's going to bomb. Day 1 and it's still available for preorder. I remember when the ps3 and wii preorder were available and refreshing cag every hour to get one. Only if the new Xbox is this easy.[/QUOTE]

Those consoles had advertised pre-order dates announced long in advance. Nobody knew when this would be starting unless a GameStop rep happened say something.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Those consoles had advertised pre-order dates announced long in advance. Nobody knew when this would be starting unless a GameStop rep happened say something.[/QUOTE] This

[quote name='Drclaw411']Those consoles had advertised pre-order dates announced long in advance. Nobody knew when this would be starting unless a GameStop rep happened say something.[/QUOTE]

Dude they have a press conference today to announce that you can preorder it. Some people knew, it was just overshadowed by the iphone the day before and the day after. Plus, the Internet is different today you don't have to stay home, take a day off, and wait, look at what they are doing with iPhone preorders just text them and your set. Unless your in the backwoods, you got Internet Access almost everywhere.

It's 2012, and the wii u is still available after 1 day. I can't even get a pair of $300 nikes after 5 minutes.

[quote name='TooPoor']Had no interest in the system until bayonetta 2 became their exclusive...[/QUOTE]

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge had me slightly interested but Bayonetta 2 really got my attention. Gotta wait and see how my money situation is in a few weeks before I try to even think about pre-ordering though.

[quote name='finstersucks']Dude they have a press conference today to announce that you can preorder it. Some people knew, it was just overshadowed by the iphone the day before and the day after. Plus, the Internet is different today you don't have to stay home, take a day off, and wait, look at what they are doing with iPhone preorders just text them and your set. Unless your in the backwoods, you got Internet Access almost everywhere.

It's 2012, and the wii u is still available after 1 day. I can't even get a pair of $300 nikes after 5 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Maybe i'm wrong, but I really believe a month of signs up in GameStop, Best Buy, etc advertising a pre-order date makes a world of difference.

I don't get all the people complaining about the game lineup. Look at the early releases: New Super Mario Bros U, Pikmin 3, ZombiU, Bayonetta 2, Scribblenauts Unlimited. Not to mention Epic Mickey 2, Rayman Legends, Black Ops 2, Batman AC, Mass Effect 3, Aliens: Colonial Marines, Skylanders Giants.

This is one of the best, if not the best, launch/early lineups a console has ever seen. I don't get the hate at all.

I havent totally kept up with all the ins and outs of the Wii U, my main question is the controller...are you supposed to be watching the controller or the tv? I mean thats such a silly question, but im not getting the setup...it just seems awkward and clunky.

Is it just for little stuff like maps or information in an rpg as stats etc?

I am in for an Amazon pre-order when it goes live, Premium model. I wish they would clean up their website a bit though. It is pretty disaster in the games section.

[quote name='EdgeOfThorns']I havent totally kept up with all the ins and outs of the Wii U, my main question is the controller...are you supposed to be watching the controller or the tv? I mean thats such a silly question, but im not getting the setup...it just seems awkward and clunky.

Is it just for little stuff like maps or information in an rpg as stats etc?[/QUOTE]

Both. You can even play the game directly on the Gamepad!

In for a deluxe console and another one to resell. I can tell this is going to be like the PS3, Wii, and 360 where limited copies are out and won't be back in stock till after the holidays. I'm sure, like those consoles, I will get $1000+ for the console. Might use that money to buy some more Christmas gifts.

[quote name='Drclaw411']I'm wondering if the deluxe will be impossible to find while the basic is everywhere.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't be surprised. The Deluxe Set is unquestionably the better deal, even if you only consider the price of Nintendo Land ($59.99 at retail).

Just pre-ordered mine for in-store pickup at Best Buy. Others are right -- all the Best Buy stores near me EXCEPT ONE showed the Deluxe Set as "unavailable". (Then again I live in SoCal.) Luckily that one is only a 45-min drive from where I live -- so worth it.

[quote name='jyerby']...

Edit: Keep in mind this was circa 2005. I havent worked for GameStop for a long, long time and I hear they have changed many procedures over that time. I'm quite sure they wouldnt let this happen again. Well, not entirely sure....[/QUOTE]

Well, at least around here, they handled the Wii and PS3 launches just a year later much, much better. Maybe they learned from the 360 fiasco. They cut off the PS3/Wii preorders very quickly - I think only allowing 12-24 preorders per store. I know I had no problem getting mine when they released (since I had preorders), so I assume they didn't overbook those and they will not do the same this time unless Nintendo really shorts them on the delivery.

[quote name='Drclaw411']I'm wondering if the deluxe will be impossible to find while the basic is everywhere.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing this is exactly what will happen. We'll find out soon enough if the deluxe preorders get cut off (and there are already reports in this very thread of that happening at some Best Buy stores) much sooner than the basic. I related this earlier in the day, but at first I thought the only difference was the memory and the premium service - I hadn't noticed the inclusion of NintendoLand in the deluxe (for one thing IGN's coverage was atrocious - they didn't even mention that as a feature in their video recap). I was just going to go with the deluxe anyway, but finding out NintendoLand came with it made it a no-brainer. It's not a game I would buy for $60, but as part of that bundle it is a pretty obvious thing to get. Point is, the deluxe seems like a way better deal - though some of that depends on how the premium service pans out. That is, I hope it is a bit more than just 10% back on Wii U shop purchases (and more like PS+ with perhaps a few freebies here and there).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back