Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='209chromatic']Today is the last day to preorder from Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Just pre-ordered one at GS and the guy told me that they are probably going to stop taking pre-orders for the deluxe by this afternoon.

[quote name='Jodou']Man, there must be a lot of flippers in here judging by the response. Surely you guys aren't being suckered by Nintendo again, right? RIGHT?![/QUOTE]

Not a flipper here, going to pre-order today, and keep the system for myself and my family. I guess I'm a sucker because over the years I've thoroughly enjoyed: Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, LoZ: Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, SSBB, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, Epic Mickey, etc. Shame on me.

[quote name='Jodou']Man, there must be a lot of flippers in here judging by the response. Surely you guys aren't being suckered by Nintendo again, right? RIGHT?![/QUOTE]

i confess i am a sucker

Preordered 32gb version. My son will love the.system. Gamestop employee said they were shutting down preorders for the 32gb shortly. If anyone is interested I'd move quick

+1 for in-store Best Buy pre-order's.

For the 'Wii U Deluxe' The SKU is 6775874. $5.00 down. The cashier had to get on the headset and ask 2 different people about it. At first she tried to tell me that they were not taking pre-orders and knows nothing about it. I pulled up the pre-order info on BB.com as proof as well.

I think this is how it will shape out in RZ pts for me (RZ Silver w\ BB RZ MC)

Purchases: 349
Premier 25% Bonus: 87
MasterCard Bonus: Best Buy Purchase: 349
RZGC Everyday Bonus Point Promo: 349
MasterCard Bonus: Premier Silver: 87

Total Pts: 1221

1221\250pts ($5 in in RZ cert) = 4.8 ($5 certificates)
4.8 * $5 = ~$24

Last edited by a moderator:
I also went to local best buy this morning and preordered. It was tricky though. They didn't think they were taking preorders yet. I showed them the sku online and it didn't show up in the system. Apparently the preorder has a different sku number. The system does show up in the kiosk that prints tickets but he printer wasn't working so it turned into a big hassle. Eventually they figured out the preorder sku number and was able to do the preorder for me. I didn't want to go to GameStop since I have alot of credit at best buy. I hope that info helps you guys.

[quote name='crunchewy']The Wii U has an achievement system. They are not requiring games to have achievements, but they have a system level achievements system in place and games can use it if they want. At least that's what Reggie said back at E3 and I don't see any reason to believe they've changed that.

Other controllers can be used without "gimping the system". A second tablet gamepad would lower the frame rate on the tablets themselves (I don't believe it lowers the frame rate on the TV - the issue is just streaming bandwidth and keeping the performance up in that), and certainly you can use 4 pro controllers or remote/nunchuck, plus the gamepad for 5 players, etc. That is not worse than any other console, and indeed you've got more control options than other platforms and 5 player local games.[/QUOTE]

I said using a second "gamepad" that is what Nintendo is calling the touch screen controller. As for accomplishments, if Nintendo doesn't make them mandatory, they may as well not have them, similar to steam or launch PS3 games that never had them added, if they aren't system wide, no one cares about them.

[quote name='Organ Donor']Just pre-ordered one at GS and the guy told me that they are probably going to stop taking pre-orders for the deluxe by this afternoon.[/QUOTE]

After seeing how fast the Best Buy preorders for in-store pickup sell out in my area rather quickly I decided to take a drive to my local Gamestop and put $25 down.

I didn't hear what you were told, but I was indeed informed that preorders for gamer club members will be jumping to $50 down as opposed to the $25 on Sunday.

Got my preorder, another impulse, but NOTHING beats playing a console for the first time on launch day!

[quote name='screwkick']Oh yeah, they're bundling useless garbage with the system.[/QUOTE]

That better not be all thats online at WM for pre order.

I am running out of options...might have to do the midnight thing if this isn't fixed

The GameStop I preordered from has cut off preorders for both the basic and deluxe versions. The manager actually told me that the district manager wanted them to pre-order 5 more of each model than each store's allotment is expected to be. But the individual store managers said fuck that, lol.

[quote name='InvaderZim']BestBuy might be shutting down pre-orders this evening...[/QUOTE]

When anybody can walk in a put down as many pre-orders as they want for $5 a piece, I wouldn't doubt it. The guy before me yesterday got 7 of them.

[quote name='Nico8912']Anybody know if Amazon or Newegg will be taking pre-orders? I would much rather buy from them.[/QUOTE]

Could have been mentioned earlier, but I received an email from Amazon stating that they would not be taking pre-orders for Wii U at this time.

For those of you who pre-ordered from Target.com, do they charge you when it ships? I imagine there may be an authorization that might fall off anyhow, but I'm just checking.

Ordered a deluxe edition from BB.com with expedited shipping(free with RZ Silver). Couldn't pass it up if it indeed will be rare on release. And lol to wallyworld bundling a game and accessory with the system. I remember them doing that with the wii when it came out and it was the only way I could get the system.

So I just begrudgingly put down my preorder at my local GameStop. I was holding out on Amazon but now its become apparent they dont plan to carry it for preorder. You can put down just $25 if you're a powerup member. I only keep my sub active for the Game Informer because I very rarely shop there anymore (I worked for the company for 4 or so years). Anyway, I was told that today is for sure the last day any store will take orders for the 32GB Deluxe Set, so I suggest you go put down your money if you want to reserve one.

He said they expect to keep taking orders beyond today for the 8GB Basic Set, but its unknown how long they will be able to keep that one going either. He said company-wide they reserved about 70% of their allotment yesterday.

I got this info from the Store Manager of the Leeds, AL location. I've known him several years (used to work with him) and never have known him to talk out his ass or give false info just for the sake of it.

I've never preordered a console before...let alone Gamestop. So, how does the process work during pickup? Can I just walk in there at any time during the day?

[quote name='Linkgx1']I've never preordered a console before...let alone Gamestop. So, how does the process work during pickup? Can I just walk in there at any time during the day?[/QUOTE]

Generally you put down a refundable deposit. Standard is $50, $25 for powerup members. You can either come for the midnight launch (you want to arrive early because they usually go ahead and start ringing people up so at midnight everyone just leaves with their console) or you can come over the next two business days and pick it up at your conveinence.

If you do not pick it up in the two day period they will sell your console. However, you can get your despoit back.

And thats it!

I've gone to Target for my Nintendo launch-day purchase since I first did it for the N64. Planned to do the same for the WiiU, but think I'm gonna preorder today just in case I come down with old age fatigue;)

[quote name='TrumpetDan']Not a flipper here, going to pre-order today, and keep the system for myself and my family. I guess I'm a sucker because over the years I've thoroughly enjoyed: Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, LoZ: Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, SSBB, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, Epic Mickey, etc. Shame on me.[/QUOTE]
You and me both. I had a blast with it

Can't wait for Pikmin3 and Wonderful 101. Can't be bothered by the new Mario sidescrollers; really only dig SMB1 and the mash-up that is Super Paper Mario. But I'll be there for the new Galaxy game, whenever it gets made

I gave in and went to gamestop. After reading about all the nintendo amazon drama I'm kind of doubting that they'll take any preorders until closer to launch.

Man this whole Amazon thing blows. I traded in a ton of stuff last week to get $200 credit. Now it's either Amazon comes through or no system. At $150 out of pocket, I can justify this but not for $350.

I emailed Newegg asking if they would be accepting pre-orders and they answered with this. "Thank you for contacting Newegg.

We will process the preorder at the release date. Pre Orders are processed on a first order, first shipped basis. If the item is out of stock when some of the pre-orders have not been processed, we will process the remaining pre-orders as soon as more inventories are received."

That doesn't at all answer what I asked lol

[quote name='Nico8912']I emailed Newegg asking if they would be accepting pre-orders and they answered with this. "Thank you for contacting Newegg.

We will process the preorder at the release date. Pre Orders are processed on a first order, first shipped basis. If the item is out of stock when some of the pre-orders have not been processed, we will process the remaining pre-orders as soon as more inventories are received."

That doesn't at all answer what I asked lol[/QUOTE]

Canned response if I ever saw one.

[quote name='Nico8912']I emailed Newegg asking if they would be accepting pre-orders and they answered with this. "Thank you for contacting Newegg.

That doesn't at all answer what I asked lol[/QUOTE]

That is pretty comical. Thanks for asking anyway. :)

[quote name='jyerby']Generally you put down a refundable deposit. Standard is $50, $25 for powerup members. You can either come for the midnight launch (you want to arrive early because they usually go ahead and start ringing people up so at midnight everyone just leaves with their console) or you can come over the next two business days and pick it up at your conveinence.

If you do not pick it up in the two day period they will sell your console. However, you can get your despoit back.

And thats it![/QUOTE]
So..basically I don't have to stand in line? The only reason I say this is because I stood outside of Bestbuy with my cousin with the first Wii and I never saw anyone with preorders go in unless I'm mistakin'.

But as long as the console is pretty much 'mine' I'm fine. No camping out!:bouncy:

[quote name='Linkgx1']So..basically I don't have to stand in line? The only reason I say this is because I stood outside of Bestbuy with my cousin with the first Wii and I never saw anyone with preorders go in unless I'm mistakin'.

But as long as the console is pretty much 'mine' I'm fine. No camping out!:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

No you shouldnt have to stand in line. Of course I advise you to ask your local GameStop's management about how they are planning to handle it. But from my experience with GameStop, both as a former manager and as a customer, the process I described should be pretty consistent.

I sincerely hope that all the resellers lose their shirts. On the other hand I want to see the system succeed, and if they lose their shirts that means the system isn't selling. Darn. On the other hand that might mean a price drop, so yeah, lose your shirts! ;)

Just decided, what the hey, going to put in an order for in-store pickup at my local Best Buy and… unavailable. Darn. There's other ones not too far away, but what I'm wondering is if I go in-store will they still have pre-orders available even though unavailable online for that store?

I went ahead and edited the OP. I included links to all retailers currently taking pre-orders, as well as a quote box for the Amazon email. I also put a note reporting that people are mentioning that some GS and BBY stores are already done taking pre-orders.

Well, I just put in a pre-order at the not quite as local Best Buy. Just the black console. No games yet. I may end up canceling. For one thing when I mentioned to my wife the idea of getting a Wii U for me and the kids for Xmas, that didn't really go over that great. LOL! I figure she might turn around on it, and if so I'll be ready. :)

[quote name='crunchewy']Well, I just put in a pre-order at the not quite as local Best Buy. Just the black console. No games yet. I may end up canceling. For one thing when I mentioned to my wife the idea of getting a Wii U for me and the kids for Xmas, that didn't really go over that great. LOL! I figure she might turn around on it, and if so I'll be ready. :)[/QUOTE]

she needs a wii u in the kitchen??

[quote name='209chromatic']Today is the last day to preorder from Gamestop.[/QUOTE]
Says who? They do not know how many consoles they are getting yet on a store level......
Anything at this point is pure conjecture. I may strongly dislike Gamestop and their practices, but they are the largest videogame retailer in North America, you can be damn sure they will get the most Wii U's available.......

If anybody has a chase freedom card and plan to pick this up at Best Buy, they will be offering 5% cash back next quarter.

[quote name='Slight Defect']Says who? They do not know how many consoles they are getting yet......[/QUOTE]

Says who? It's not like they just found out about the pricing and release date yesterday like we did. They've known this for awhile and have had time to prepare their site, systems, and allotment well beforehand like every other retailer.

35 pages already? Damn... Anyhow, has this question being discussed? Wii U's online functionality... Will it be something like XBL or PSN? You know, easy to add friends and chat, comparing achievements/trophies etc. Oh, how about paying services, like XBL gold and PSN+?

[quote name='perdition(troy']Man I want amazon to put theirs up now.[/QUOTE]

Once again, Amazon does not sell nintendo hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back