Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ElektroDragon']Dude, NewEgg can't even guarantee a GAME pre-order half the time, you think they will get sufficient stock of this to satisfy pre-orders? No way. Don't be SUCH a cheapskate that you won't support your local government to the tune of $30.[/QUOTE]

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...............oh wait,were you being serious?

[quote name='jer7583']too bad best buy requires a $350 authorization. Like shipwreck I have a "fun money account" and a "pay bills account" and i don't keep that much in the other at any time. Guess i'll do in store reserve.[/QUOTE]
Baaaah. I'm going to stop in to Best Buy to see if I can place a preorder. 5.00 is better than that.

The hell is going on with Walmart? I have credit there I want to use but they only contacted me back about a bundle...for $450. And now even that page is gone. Anyone have any idea if they'll offer the actual system, or am I fucked and have to get it somewhere else?

Pre-ordered mine at GS at around 4:30 EST. I asked the manager about the whole deadline thing but he didn't seem to know anything about it.

On another note, I saw they had several copies of LittleBigPlanet for the PSV at the back counter. I inquired about it and the manager said Sony decided to sell it early considering all the good reviews its been getting. That and the Vita really needs a new solid game out.

My Gamestop manager told me that they have a set allotment of pre-orders per store and that X amount was entered into the system. Each time they sell one it decreases by one and when they sell out, it will be removed automatically from the system. Making it unavailable for pre-order.

He said he guaranteed me I'd get it on launch night. He said this current allotment was all for launch day shipments.

OK, I successfully pre-ordered in store at BestBuy, but for some reason -- I had to pay $5 plus tax. Normally pre-orders are 5 flat. Have you guys experienced this as well?

I wonder if finding a Wii U will be very hard to find this holiday season. My birthday is 3 days after it comes out. I would preorder but I dont have the money for it right now.

[quote name='crunchewy']I'm seeing the same thing. Trying to decide if I should cancel my preorder at a more distant store and reorder at the local one.[/QUOTE]

ah now im scared, im in New mexico and ours also says preorder everywhere again. WOuldnt it be nice to live in a world where preorders are exactly what they are supposed to be. I hope these jackers dont screw me over i bought 2 systems a plain and deluxe just hopeing to get 1. Now because of this i also bought 1 at kmart and target and gamestop, ITs messed up i have to do this but i cant trust anyone, after the will bull%# i waited for 2 years for one. :whistle2:#

[quote name='newtype06']OK, I successfully pre-ordered in store at BestBuy, but for some reason -- I had to pay $5 plus tax. Normally pre-orders are 5 flat. Have you guys experienced this as well?[/QUOTE]

Same here. Went to preorder at best buy and they charged me 5 plus tax. On the bright side, I was the first one to preorder the basic edition. He said only 4 other people had preorder the delux edition. This is it at the best buy in Cordova in Memphis tn.

[quote name='Slight Defect']They never called that a "only on xbox" exclusive, Bayonetta 2 is being PUBLISHED by Nintendo! It won't get ported. Why do you think the orignal goldeneye has not (and never will) go to xbox live arcade, psn, or virtual console? Because Nintendo PUBLISHED it while RARE created it. Even though RARE is owned by microsoft now, Nintendo still holds publishing rights to goldeneye and it is not letting go of them. Nintendo can't put it on VC because they don't own RARE anymore. Its lost to laws and lawyers for a while, maybe forever.

Point is: If Nintendo publishes something, you can be DAMN sure its not going to another platform![/QUOTE]

Ninja Gaiden 2 did have the "only on Xbox 360" banner and it was published by Microsoft, though Tecmo owns the rights and they could published on any other platform under a different name, hense Sigma 2. Likewise with Bayonetta 2, the rights belong to Platinum Games, not Nintendo, so there is a great chance for a port under a different name to 360/PS3.

Your Goldeneye example is different as Rare was once under Nintendo's house (1st party or 2nd party) so anything produced during those times are Nintendo's property.

So Ninja Gaiden 2 and Bayonetta 2 are in the exact same situation. Both published by the console makers but the rights still belong to their respective companies because they are 3rd parties, not 1st/2nd parties.

[quote name='mousebites']Preordered 2 wii u's one for me one for my parents.[/QUOTE]

Money bags over here...

Just kidding. You're a good son/daughter.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3'] Likewise with Bayonetta 2, the rights belong to Platinum Games, not Nintendo, so there is a chance for a port under a different name to 360/PS3. [/QUOTE]

Platinum Games may own the rights to the character, and will be able to do a Bayonetta 3 on other systems, but the publishing rights to the game Bayonetta 2 are now owned by Nintendo, and they will never allow it to appear on another console.

Trust me, I did a LOT of research while writing the article 20 Games Nintendo Wouldn't Release In The US, and while I'll be the first to admit I was wrong in my prediction that the Wii RPGs wouldn't be released in the US, the difference between that and Bayonetta 2 being released on other consoles is that the latter isn't just me making an educated guess. When Nintendo owns the rights to publish and distribute a game, they will not allow anyone else to have those publishing rights (see Fatal Frame 4, which Nintendo wouldn't publish in the US, but still kept a tight grasp on the publishing rights, keeping anyone else from bringing it here), and there's no way you will ever see Nintendo publish a game for a non-Nintendo console.

What Ninja Gaiden 2 did differently is that they rebuilt the game in a different engine from the ground up, and added some new things, so that Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 would technically be considered a different game. They also did a good job of burning their bridges with Microsoft with this move -- I doubt Microsoft would ever publish one of that developer's games again. I don't think Platinum is interested in burning any bridges with Nintendo.

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']I wonder if finding a Wii U will be very hard to find this holiday season. My birthday is 3 days after it comes out. I would preorder but I dont have the money for it right now.[/QUOTE]

You don't have $5 to pre-order it in-store at a Best Buy?

[quote name='plus1zero']
AAAAAnd they're releasing the updated, "real" ninja gaiden 3. If it turns out to be a good game, I'd pay $350 for that alone. And yes, I'm 100% serious....I...I know I have a problem :cry:[/QUOTE]

You don't have a problem because I'm like that too sometimes. ;) I'll buy any console at any price if there's a Shenmue 3 on it. :lol:

As for "real" NG3, this is basically Sigma 3. With updated contents, for better or worse based from past records, the main game is still the same. The "steel on bone" is a flaw because nothing in a NG game should be random. Unless they heavily alters that, Wii U's NG3 is the same game... just with more proper flash. When a game is flawed from the design, it's hard to correct until the next full sequel.

[quote name='Cheapskate']Platinum Games may own the rights to the character, and will be able to do a Bayonetta 3 on other systems, but the publishing rights to the game Bayonetta 2 are now owned by Nintendo, and they will never allow it to appear on another console.

Trust me, I did a LOT of research while writing the article 20 Games Nintendo Wouldn't Release In The US, and while I'll be the first to admit I was wrong in my prediction that the Wii RPGs wouldn't be released in the US, the difference between that and Bayonetta 2 being released on other consoles is that the latter isn't just me making an educated guess. When Nintendo owns the rights to publish and distribute a game, they will not allow anyone else to have those publishing rights (see Fatal Frame 4, which Nintendo wouldn't publish in the US, but still kept a tight grasp on the publishing rights, keeping anyone else from bringing it here), and there's no way you will ever see Nintendo publish a game for a non-Nintendo console.[/QUOTE]

Mario Teaches Typing, and also CD-i games disagree with you. Granted, those were years ago, but Nintendo has published for non-Nintendo systems in the past (very rare chance of it happening again, but still). It's not going to happen, certainly in this circumstance, but it has happened before.

Is there nowhere to preorder without tax if Amazon charges tax in your state? This system was already a hard sell considering it's no better than a PS3/360 which are both looking very very OLD and WEAK compared to my gaming PC. Add in that the top model should be selling for $250 max...and it just doesn't make much sense to pay like $375 after tax. I'll wait until it flops just like the 3DS did and buy someone's off craigslist 3 months after launch for 300 flat with a few games and extra controllers.

[quote name='UltraMysteryDopplega']Is there nowhere to preorder without tax if Amazon charges tax in your state? This system was already a hard sell considering it's no better than a PS3/360 which are both looking very very OLD and WEAK compared to my gaming PC. Add in that the top model should be selling for $250 max...and it just doesn't make much sense to pay like $375 after tax. I'll wait until it flops just like the 3DS did and buy someone's off craigslist 3 months after launch for 300 flat with a few games and extra controllers.[/QUOTE]

Newegg. But they don't have preorders up yet.

I'm 9th in line at my local Gamestop for a Deluxe set. I'd rather be lower, but I feel pretty good about it.

Are there any estimates of how many each store will get?

I think I'll wait a little bit before buying the Wii U. I have a backlog of more than 50 games already. Plus, you know there are going some great deals on Black Friday. We can only wish for Shenmue 3!

More wishful thinking: Metroid Prime 4 with star fox, New 3d cell shaded zelda, New 3d Mario 2 with wart, new "Pro Wrestling" game

[quote name='Cheapskate']Platinum Games may own the rights to the character, and will be able to do a Bayonetta 3 on other systems, but the publishing rights to the game Bayonetta 2 are now owned by Nintendo, and they will never allow it to appear on another console.

[/QUOTE]

I agree that name Bayonetta 2 will never see the light on another system, just like Ninja Gaiden 2 never went to another platform. But, that won't stop Platinum Games from making a Bayonetta Sigma 2 (for example) for other platforms based on similar contents found in Bayonetta 2 on the Wii U, which was exactly what Tecmo did then they released Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 on the PS3 that's based on Ninja Gaiden 2 that was PUBLISHED by Microsoft for X360.

[quote name='Wanderlai']Ahh...so Amazon looks like its going live on preorders soon.[/QUOTE]

Or they are just preparing to let third parties sell it.

How easy is it to cancel a Target.com pre-order? Thinking of placing one as a back-up order... I always get nervous about console availability :/

[quote name='dragonjud']Nope. But 37 pages of rumors and giddy fanboys will have you thinking otherwise.
A new Mario game (yawn, after about 5 in a 3 year span). Zombi-u, and Rayman (the new one). Aside from that, all other titles from now until the Holiday season are nothing but rehashes. Which you can either pay $60.00 for the Wii-u version, or find the ps3 or 360 versions for anywhere between $15-$30.
This is old technology, and the crazy 37 pages on this thread just makes me shake my head.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Do you say the same about Apple products?

Why don't you just leave this thread. As long as Nintendo makes money it's cool.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']How easy is it to cancel a Target.com pre-order? Thinking of placing one as a back-up order... I always get nervous about console availability :/[/QUOTE]

I ordered through Target and there is a "cancel item" link on the order status page, so from the looks of it the cancellation process is basically the same as Amazon's. Note however that I haven't actually clicked the link - it could go to a strobing flash page that tells me to go fuck myself and charges me an extra $350 out of spite.

there will be plenty of demand for this console, u guys are crazy. After the success of the original wii these will sell like crazy. i pre-ordered today and am not confident gamestop will have enough.

And for the nintendo haters. i don't understand how you can call yourself gamers and not respect games like no more heroes, mario galaxy 1/2, metroid prime, zeldas, mad world, punch out, etc. Those games are sick

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']I agree that name Bayonetta 2 will never see the light on another system, just like Ninja Gaiden 2 never went to another platform. But, that won't stop Platinum Games from making a Bayonetta Sigma 2 (for example) for other platforms based on similar contents found in Bayonetta 2 on the Wii U, which was exactly what Tecmo did then they released Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 on the PS3 that's based on Ninja Gaiden 2 that was PUBLISHED by Microsoft for X360.[/QUOTE]

That's not going to be how it works - especially because Nintendo and Platinum seem as if they have a VERY good relationship right now (with the Wonderful 101 and now Bayonetta 2, probably leading up to a new Starfox game from Kamiya, which he has said he REALLY wants to do)

This situation is more comparable to Mass Effect - Microsoft published the original and it never appeared on the ps3 (only on the pc). Or MGS: Twin Snakes - there's a reason we didn't see that on the MGS HD collection (although maybe we will if it gets put on wii u!)

Nintendo is basically paying Platinum to make Bayo2, you can count on it staying exclusive to the wii u.

[quote name='baboonfreak']just got back from gamestop. they got the email to stop deluxe preorders during my transaction. employee kept on saying how lucky I was :)[/QUOTE]Did you ask them what number you were?

6775874 is the Best Buy SKU for the deluxe edition. The guy said he had to look for it, but was able to find it and order it for me.

I assume Sony will release and update so that the Vita + PS3 combo will be a WiiU+. MS same deal with the surface glass tablet. Sell as bundles for the holiday season.

[quote name='tbassett']there will be plenty of demand for this console, u guys are crazy. After the success of the original wii these will sell like crazy. i pre-ordered today and am not confident gamestop will have enough.

And for the nintendo haters. i don't understand how you can call yourself gamers and not respect games like no more heroes, mario galaxy 1/2, metroid prime, zeldas, mad world, punch out, etc. Those games are sick[/QUOTE]

yep Nintendo always does this before Christmas, and the people go mad for them. Big Christmas gifts this year will be ipad mini and wii u and furby. everyone loves getting a new console for Christmas its a tradition. Especially Nintendo s first HD SYSTEM! yeah its gonna be big just wait. By the way dont compare Dolphin emulator to this it may be HD but it still looks weird. Tekken tag 2 for this has all Nintendo costumes and power up mushrooms what do u think about that? :booty:

Went to Gamestop about 30 minutes ago and tried to get the deluxe version but was told they just stopped preorders on it. Preordered the regular version instead. Knew I should have went there yesterday.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Ninja Gaiden 2 did have the "only on Xbox 360" banner and it was published by Microsoft, though Tecmo owns the rights and they could published on any other platform under a different name, hense Sigma 2. Likewise with Bayonetta 2, the rights belong to Platinum Games, not Nintendo, so there is a great chance for a port under a different name to 360/PS3.

Your Goldeneye example is different as Rare was once under Nintendo's house (1st party or 2nd party) so anything produced during those times are Nintendo's property.

So Ninja Gaiden 2 and Bayonetta 2 are in the exact same situation. Both published by the console makers but the rights still belong to their respective companies because they are 3rd parties, not 1st/2nd parties.[/QUOTE]

Also depends on their contract.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']I agree that name Bayonetta 2 will never see the light on another system, just like Ninja Gaiden 2 never went to another platform. But, that won't stop Platinum Games from making a Bayonetta Sigma 2 (for example) for other platforms based on similar contents found in Bayonetta 2 on the Wii U, which was exactly what Tecmo did then they released Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 on the PS3 that's based on Ninja Gaiden 2 that was PUBLISHED by Microsoft for X360.[/QUOTE]

Only if Platinum is willing to burn bridges with Nintendo, like Team Ninja did with Microsoft.

So if I was the 1st at my GameStop to preorder, does that mean I'm guaranteed one? Do they really give them out in that order of preorders???

So the manager at my GS said the Deluxe version was supposed to come off pre-order today sometime. Not sure if this is old news. He said 90% of his pre-orders were the deluxe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back