Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chimpmeister']Sure it was; that's why the 360 is one of the best selling consoles on the market. We don't count the Wii because it was totally gimped and mainly bought by casual gamers and nursing homes. At least my launch 360 came with a 60gb HDD; this Wii U comes with either 8gb or 32gb, totally worthless.[/QUOTE]

You can buy any harddrive for space on Wii U and not forced to buy 360 only HDD.

Wow, the launch day stock went faster then I expected.

So glad I pre-ordered yesterday. Now I only have $120 to pay off.

Everyone seems to know so much about the spec on the next xbox/PS4.
But where's the official spec list???

Speculation and fanboys theories is not fact.

I honestly don't even know where they can go from now. PS3 doesn't really feel like it needs an upgrade at all. 360 could use one but they seem like they want to do some weird shit with the 720 that not might really catch on.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Sure it was; that's why the 360 is one of the best selling consoles on the market. We don't count the Wii because it was totally gimped and mainly bought by casual gamers and nursing homes. At least my launch 360 came with a 60gb HDD; this Wii U comes with either 8gb or 32gb, totally worthless.[/QUOTE]

I had no idea the 360 was loaded with FLASH memory.

the sad thing is i read gta 5 may not make it on wii u but who knows for sure. THat one i can grab on my pc and it will look much better than console. However there are certain titles that they just dont make on PCs only consoles. Red Dead redemption is another that comes to mind. SO there are pros and cons to each system theres not a all 1 in solution. I agree with the other guy i would also buy the next xbox just because i am leaned toward halo more than ps3 games. However i will def support Nintendo even if its underpowered it will still be awesome and fun, at the end of the day isnt that what counts anyway?

[quote name='confoosious']hahaha i see the trolls are really thriving in this thread.

stop feeding them, people.[/QUOTE]

It's hard when it's every other post. It's like if u don't like the Wii U then stay away.

Preordered a deluxe system at TRU in store for $20 down when I went in tonight. I asked my manager about allotment numbers and the short answer was there was no limit to how many would be taken as supposedly Nintendo will provide. Kind of risky to me, but when the original Wii came out, TRU was getting 200-300 systems at a shot when people were struggling to find one, so I suspect it'll be okay.

[quote name='Linkgx1']It's hard when it's every other post. It's like if u don't like the Wii U then stay away.[/QUOTE]

But that's the whole point to their sad existence. They want you to get riled up because they hate the wiiU. I've mostly stayed away from this thread cause I knew they'd be trolling this thread.

[quote name='Deader2818']I honestly don't even know where they can go from now. PS3 doesn't really feel like it needs an upgrade at all. 360 could use one but they seem like they want to do some weird shit with the 720 that not might really catch on.[/QUOTE]

MGS4 was too awesome for words. My complaint with Wii was lack of HD.

[quote name='Deader2818']I honestly don't even know where they can go from now. PS3 doesn't really feel like it needs an upgrade at all. 360 could use one but they seem like they want to do some weird shit with the 720 that not might really catch on.[/QUOTE]
THe next tru gen systems will look better for sure but yeah it gets to a point as to how far they can go with graphics. Thats why you notice all the consoles are coming out with gimmacky crap , so they are 50 percent gaming machine and 50 percent tv entertainment system. If you saw sleeping dogs on a ps3 and then played it on a super pc you would be amazed at the difference. SO there is room for improvement for sure on consoles.

The reason I skipped the Wii was the fact that it didn't support HD. I don't care if the system was fun or whatever, if you don't have an HDMI port, you ain't getting played. The second reason why I skipped the Wii was the forced motion controls. Yes, some games didn't have them but I didn't like how the controller was cut up in half.

Those two reasons were fixed with the Wii U so I am definitely buying one. I was going to pre order on Amazon, but it doesn't seem like that will happen.

I will most likely get one instore on Nov.18 or the week after when they get a second shipment or so. I remember having the chance to buy a Wii during the week of Black Friday '06 when they were impossible to find. Went with the DS instead that day. It will feel more satisfying if I do end up finding a Wii U out of the blue.

[quote name='rckola911']THe next tru gen systems will look better for sure but yeah it gets to a point as to how far they can go with graphics. Thats why you notice all the consoles are coming out with gimmacky crap , so they are 50 percent gaming machine and 50 percent tv entertainment system. If you saw sleeping dogs on a ps3 and then played it on a super pc you would be amazed at the difference. SO there is room for improvement for sure on consoles.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but of the box they are limited. The second year in their life cycle pcs will outpace them. Not like you can slip a graphics card in the 720 a la N64 Expansion pack

tl:dr

but I always find console gamers bitching about outdated hardware funny... seriously, you are playing on consoles... too hardcore!

[quote name='Linkgx1']Yeah but of the box they are limited. The second year in their life cycle pcs will outpace them. Not like you can slip a graphics card in the 720 a la N64 Expansion pack[/QUOTE]
lol true thats why im not the biggest fan of consoles they seriously hold us all back. THeres only so much firmware and updates they can do to make its current graphics look any better. However i know everyone owning a pc with a nice gpu is not practical. Im just happy to see mario in real HD with a hdmi cable. As a wii owner that shit looks ugly on a big tv all pixalated , yes its fun but looks bad. :applause:Props to Nintendo for finally getting it off the ground. Sadly many people I know feel burned with the regular wii due to the graphics and the dust they collect. However it sold alot and people did have fun. Hopefully they will continue the support.

[quote name='ral1121']The reason I skipped the Wii was the fact that it didn't support HD. I don't care if the system was fun or whatever, if you don't have an HDMI port, you ain't getting played. The second reason why I skipped the Wii was the forced motion controls. Yes, some games didn't have them but I didn't like how the controller was cut up in half.

Those two reasons were fixed with the Wii U so I am definitely buying one. I was going to pre order on Amazon, but it doesn't seem like that will happen.

I will most likely get one instore on Nov.18 or the week after when they get a second shipment or so. I remember having the chance to buy a Wii during the week of Black Friday '06 when they were impossible to find. Went with the DS instead that day. It will feel more satisfying if I do end up finding a Wii U out of the blue.[/QUOTE]

I'm not a Nintendo fanboy or anything, but all it took to get me excited about Wii U was having Nintendo franchises in HD finally. That was also my main problem with the Wii, the other being the Wiimote as well. I did own a Wii though, but it hardly ever got played. Lack of HD was why. HD alone would have been enough reason for me to get a Wii U. I would have thought more people would be excited for Wii U based solely on playing classic Nintendo franchises in high def for the first time.

Playing games on the gamepad while the TV is off or tuned to something else is the other thing that got me really excited about Wii U. Some times I get tired of staring at the TV screen or become uncomfortable. That feature will come in handy at those times and at times when my girlfriend is watching trash TV. lol

[quote name='wasabi5858']tl:dr

but I always find console gamers bitching about outdated hardware funny... seriously, you are playing on consoles... too hardcore![/QUOTE]

what this guys said. I just got a gtx 680 lightning for my pc to play games at 2560 x 1600 resolution. It'll be almost a decade before console gamers get to that level.

[quote name='rckola911']lol true thats why im not the biggest fan of consoles they seriously hold us all back. THeres only so much firmware and updates they can do to make its current graphics look any better. However i know everyone owning a pc with a nice gpu is not practical. Im just happy to see mario in real HD with a hdmi cable. As a wii owner that shit looks ugly on a big tv all pixalated , yes its fun but looks bad. :applause:Props to Nintendo for finally getting it off the ground. Sadly many people I know feel burned with the regular wii due to the graphics and the dust they collect. However it sold alot and people did have fun. Hopefully they will continue the support.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? I went back to console gaming because I got tired of updating something for $100-200 every 6 months to play the newest games. True, consoles are limited, but when they come out they blow away most current pc rigs for the first 1-2 years of their cycle and continue to last for another 3-5 years - without any upgrades to the gpu. So you pay $299-$399 for a 5 year investment - I see not upgrading as a major plus.

Lol at HD being a reason to get a Wii U.

It's as if no one cares about games being ... I don't know fun? Enjoyable? Worth playing?

[quote name='fullhavok']So if I was the 1st at my GameStop to preorder, does that mean I'm guaranteed one? Do they really give them out in that order of preorders???[/QUOTE]

i asked my GS manager about this and she said that she couldnt speak for the company but at that store it doesnt matter if you preordered first or seventh, they will call the people who preordered the day before and let them know the launch details, whoever is on the line first will purchase the system first among the preorders.

[quote name='Donut2922']My local BB today showed unavailable for .com in-store pickup for the Deluxe version so I placed my order for shipping instead. I then called BB CS and they were able to change my order to in-store pickup for my local BB.[/QUOTE]

Same issue here, I tried to call CS but I was told that they were unable to modify the order. Strange.

Oh Well, I'll settle for having it shipped. At least I won't be waiting at Toys R Us at 4AM to preorder it like I had to for the Wii. Maybe I'll get lucky again like I did for the Gamecube and get it in the mail two days before launch, haha.

[quote name='sassylaurie']Seriously? I went back to console gaming because I got tired of updating something for $100-200 every 6 months to play the newest games. True, consoles are limited, but when they come out they blow away most current pc rigs for the first 1-2 years of their cycle and continue to last for another 3-5 years - without any upgrades to the gpu. So you pay $299-$399 for a 5 year investment - I see not upgrading as a major plus.[/QUOTE]
im with you here, i was a 360 owner for many years but it just got to the point where pc gaming was killing it. SO i had to make the switch up, I think i was just tired of a 9 year old gaming system. IF you could see how amazing pc graphics are now u probly would make the switch to. However THe new systems are now coming but it took nearly a decade?! thats insane that no progress was made during that time. Now I would say the tides have turned they have some amazing GPUS that smoke even the next gen , so it really has switched. YOu also dont have to keep upgrading your card like u used to. Tech has really catched up.

[quote name='starscream615']Kotaku is reporting GameStop has now preordered their entire deluxe allotment.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if Gamestop knows that??? I have a nasty feeling that most places are going to screw this up bigtime.

[quote name='henry00x']i asked my GS manager about this and she said that she couldnt speak for the company but at that store it doesnt matter if you preordered first or seventh, they will call the people who preordered the day before and let them know the launch details, whoever is on the line first will purchase the system first among the preorders.[/QUOTE]

The game stop I pre-ordered from said its based on a list of who ordered first. I was the first to pre-order at that store so he said I was going to get one no matter what.

[quote name='MSUHitman']MS used to always put component cables in the system until about 2009 or 2010 (was it when they introduced the Slim?) Thought it was always a huge joke with Sony touting everything the system did then putting a composite cable in the box, and they charge more for a shorter HDMI cable (Sony's HDMI cable is $30 for 6.5 feet while GS's is $20 for 10 feet- yes I know monoprice.com just using that example for argument's sake.)[/QUOTE]Even than, with the Xbox 360, the pack-in component cable could also be used as composite.

With Wii U, the difference is the pack-in connection is HD, and ONLY HD.

Otherwise, I recall the Jasper unit I purchased (i.e. before the Slim model was announced/released) coming with composite only.

[quote name='rckola911']damn right i did at least. i started out with 2 at bestbuy 1 deluxe and 1 basic, then it said unavli, then all of a sudden they showed back as avail everywhere in my town which scared me. So then i went to gamestop and put 25 down, then i also ordered 1 from target and kmart. If i dont get at least 1 out of this i will be pissed. its hard to trust in "preorders" with all the horror stories and problems out there. Corporate stores made me do this so im not being a hoarder i just want 1. If i get the other 4 damn right im flipping some ass on ebay is already up 430.00 for a deluxe. :3ds:I hope u order at least 1 from some where else to increase your chances of F-ups. Or you will be dissapointed. dont put all your eggs in 1 basket as they say. and by the way most of these stores arnt charing you up front till it ships so i wouldnt worry about your card.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='atlantis']Please do NOT buy this product. You're being scammed, or at least in the liberal sense of the word. Here is why no one should ever support Nintendo again.

1. Nintendo has differentiated itself by focusing on the casual market primarily. This is still a machine catering to a casual audience and hardcore Nintendo fans.

2. It has roughly the same specs as current gen machines that are about the CYCLE OUT in the next year or two. Basically you're buying a slightly upped PS3 with the ability to play Nintendo games in HD. This should only appeal to you if you're a family father or a die-hard Nintedo fan.

3. It has gimmicky features. Just like the Wii, it builds on early tech for motion control games. Such games have yet to be proven its value to regular gamers. Kinect is a perfect example of this early state of technology. The hardcore games basically suck.

4. Nintedo has in effect abandoned the traditional gamer. It's betrayed anyone who believed in their product and appeal to mature audiences. Such as the RE exclusivity stint for GameCube. I

5. Supporting Nintendo supports the end of high-tech console technologies and advancements in this area. The more appeal Nintendo's cost-saving approach to the market has, the more it takes away from real companies like Microsoft and Sony. Just look at Move and Kinect, forced product by the mass appeal from the Wii. These gimmicky crap peripherals wouldn't exist if it weren't for the Wii.

Please don't support Nintendo.[/QUOTE]

derp.jpg

[quote name='starscream615']Kotaku is reporting GameStop has now preordered their entire deluxe allotment.[/QUOTE]

Seems so. The GS website has the deluxe model listed as sold out.

Well I had a busy day at work so wasn't able to get online and headed to GS after work to preorder a deluxe and was told that they stopped taking preorders for the deluxe hours before I got there. I don't need one for launch, just by Christmas for my kids. I have AMazon cedit so I wish they would work out whatever issue it is they are having with Nintendo. Whats the deal with Best Buy preorders? How much do you have to put down?

[quote name='Wanderlai']I wonder if Gamestop knows that??? I have a nasty feeling that most places are going to screw this up bigtime.[/QUOTE]

Looks like they do. I know the store I ordered at has quit taking preorders for the deluxe model. And gamestop.com has the deluxe model listed as sold out.

[quote name='El Rey']Well I had a busy day at work so wasn't able to get online and headed to GS after work to preorder a deluxe and was told that they stopped taking preorders for the deluxe hours before I got there. I don't need one for launch, just by Christmas for my kids. I have AMazon cedit so I wish they would work out whatever issue it is they are having with Nintendo. Whats the deal with Best Buy preorders? How much do you have to put down?[/QUOTE]

$5 at best buy

So if Gamestop ran out of the deluxe model, is it likely that people who dont preorder will not be able to get the deluxe model (At least for getting one around launch)?

[quote name='El Rey']Well I had a busy day at work so wasn't able to get online and headed to GS after work to preorder a deluxe and was told that they stopped taking preorders for the deluxe hours before I got there. I don't need one for launch, just by Christmas for my kids. I have AMazon cedit so I wish they would work out whatever issue it is they are having with Nintendo. Whats the deal with Best Buy preorders? How much do you have to put down?[/QUOTE]

Best Buy is probably your best bet (no pun intended), with TRU after that. You could try KMart or Sears, but those seem to be a crap shoot for game pre-orders, let alone consoles. One interesting option that nobody seems to be talking about is Play-Asia. I may be wrong but from what I can tell on their website (link is in the OP of this thread), they aren't requiring any sort of cash hold on accounts. It lists "N/A" as the price for Wii U North American consoles. Not sure if they ensure release shipping though.

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']So if Gamestop ran out of the deluxe model, is it likely that people who dont preorder will not be able to get the deluxe model (At least for getting one around launch)?[/QUOTE]

Early reports (that Nintendo failed to address) were that Nintendo had it's head up it's own ass in terms of producing the game pad controller. For one reason or another, they are having a hard time getting them produced in quantities that would answer demand. This isn't the first time this has happened with a console: ps2, ps3, 360. All those consoles were in short supply and the reason given was the tech was difficult to mass produce, certain parts were hard to obtain, the assembly line was backed up, etc. If that's the case with Wii U, it could be months before another major shipment, with only 2-3 consoles arriving per store per week/month. For the sake of a lot of good kids on Christmas morning, let's hope that's not the case. I wouldn't put it past Nintendo though. This is the same company that had to delay Super Smash Bros Brawl for an extra month (after it was already delayed three times) just to make more discs because they failed to realize they had less than half enough copies to meet preorders alone.

I'm blown away how excited people are for this system. This is not a troll, this is common sense.

First of all, we have no idea what they are doing for a persistent online component of the system. It is 2012 and Nintendo is barely 2 months away from launching one the most important systems in their existence, yet not a peep of online? Xbox Live is expanding great, PS Plus is getting fantastic and creating an identity, but the one gaining steam (no pun intended) is Steam (with the release of big picture mode for being used as a console).

The HD portion of the system is nice and the idea of getting to play some games in full HD resolution = about fucking time. The problem with that is others have been there, done that and are currently doing it better. The thing Nintendo then relies on is the fact that their "Hardcore" fan-base of people who eat/sleep/breath their 1st party games will carry them. Question I have for you is if it is not an exclusive game do you have ANY interest in buying a multiplatform game on Nintendo's system? Reggie just said today in an interview that "Friends codes will still be used" but in a different "Easier" way. Seriously Nintendo? You're getting a fresh chance to learn from history, not repeat it, improve your future and you still rely on fucking "Friend Codes"???

I'm primarily a PC gamer, been playing PC games since 1991, but grew up with every console. I remember the day I got my NES and loved every second of the thing, so don't get me wrong I'm no TROLL or hater. Let's just use common sense here though...

The argument of "I'm so sick of having to upgrade my PC every 3 months to play the newest game" is completely invalid. Sorry, you're wrong and that is not how PC gaming works anymore. PC gaming is back on the rise, finally!, and with prices lower than ever you can build a fantastic machine for about $600 (I know because I just built my friend one). The days of "I can't afford a $500 GPU" are LOOOONG gone thanks to the shrinking dye processes used. For 1080p PC gaming you can EASILY build a machine that will run just about ANYTHING you throw at it. The biggest threat to gaming right now is Steam. Yup, saying it now. Big Picture Mode is a BIG FREAKING DEAL and anyone with a brain cell knows this is Valve's first step to take over another screen, the TV). I literally moved my desktop monstrosity to my 65 Inch LED and welcome to my new console. It has cloud storage, it has great online presence, it looks better than any console game, it gets patches for shit that breaks, it has a beautiful interface, games are cheaper (Borderlands 2 for $36 bucks? yes please!). So please don't use the "PC's cost like a million dollars" argument because you're wrong.

I would love to play ZombieU, finally Survival Horror zombie game, P100 (or whatever it is now) and some of my favorite childhood Nintendo games, but their failure to ad-hear to the very basics that makes up entertainment in 2012 is a nut punch. Gaming for the next 10 years is really going to be about cloud/digital/online and Nintedo not doing this now is a wake up call to how much Nintendo needs to change. Do you really see the WiiU sustaining when Steam takes off as the new Media Box for us Rich PC GAMERS or when PS4/720 come around with deeply ingrained online platforms? Obviously there is still time and they could blow our mind with some AMAZING online universe, but why are you waiting to show it Nintendo?

Hopefully someone see's my point and doesn't rage like I'm trolling. I wanted to be excited about HD Nintedo OMG, but my common sense (maybe me being older) is shaking his head Jackie Chan meme style.

[quote name='b3b0p']Lol at HD being a reason to get a Wii U.

It's as if no one cares about games being ... I don't know fun? Enjoyable? Worth playing?[/QUOTE]

It's not about HD. It's about "classic Nintendo franchises in HD". You act like I said "This system does HD. That's enough reason for me to buy it regardless of whether or not the games are any good."

Obviously you have to care about the games being fun, enjoyable, and worth playing in the first place before you start to care about the fact that they're HD. Common sense. I already like the games enough that them finally being HD is reason enough for me to buy a system to play them on.

I'm excited about the prospect of playing Mario, Pikmin, Smash Bros., Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, Donkey Kong, etc. in HD. Obviously those franchises are fun, enjoyable and worth playing to me. Otherwise, it would take a lot more than HD to convince me to buy a Wii U. I just meant that the only thing I required of Nintendo's next console in order for me to purchase it was that the games were finally in HD, which should indicate just how fun, enjoyable, and worth playing I think the games are.

[quote name='Maynard']I'm blown away how excited people are for this system. This is not a troll, this is common sense.

First of all, we have no idea what they are doing for a persistent online component of the system. It is 2012 and Nintendo is barely 2 months away from launching one the most important systems in their existence, yet not a peep of online? Xbox Live is expanding great, PS Plus is getting fantastic and creating an identity, but the one gaining steam (no pun intended) is Steam (with the release of big picture mode for being used as a console).

The HD portion of the system is nice and the idea of getting to play some games in full HD resolution = about fucking time. The problem with that is others have been there, done that and are currently doing it better. The thing Nintendo then relies on is the fact that their "Hardcore" fan-base of people who eat/sleep/breath their 1st party games will carry them. Question I have for you is if it is not an exclusive game do you have ANY interest in buying a multiplatform game on Nintendo's system? Reggie just said today in an interview that "Friends codes will still be used" but in a different "Easier" way. Seriously Nintendo? You're getting a fresh chance to learn from history, not repeat it, improve your future and you still rely on fucking "Friend Codes"???

I'm primarily a PC gamer, been playing PC games since 1991, but grew up with every console. I remember the day I got my NES and loved every second of the thing, so don't get me wrong I'm no TROLL or hater. Let's just use common sense here though...

The argument of "I'm so sick of having to upgrade my PC every 3 months to play the newest game" is completely invalid. Sorry, you're wrong and that is not how PC gaming works anymore. PC gaming is back on the rise, finally!, and with prices lower than ever you can build a fantastic machine for about $600 (I know because I just built my friend one). The days of "I can't afford a $500 GPU" are LOOOONG gone thanks to the shrinking dye processes used. For 1080p PC gaming you can EASILY build a machine that will run just about ANYTHING you throw at it. The biggest threat to gaming right now is Steam. Yup, saying it now. Big Picture Mode is a BIG FREAKING DEAL. I literally moved my desktop monstrosity to my 65 Inch LED and welcome to my new console. It has cloud storage, it has great online presence, it looks better than any console game, it gets patches for shit that breaks, it has a beautiful interface, games are cheaper (Borderlands 2 for $36 bucks? yes please!). So please don't use the "PC's cost like a million dollars" argument because you're wrong.

I would love to play ZombieU, finally Survival Horror zombie game, P100 (or whatever it is now) and some of my favorite childhood Nintendo games, but their failure to ad-hear to the very basics that makes up entertainment in 2012 is a nut punch. Gaming for the next 10 years is really going to be about cloud/digital/online and Nintedo not doing this now is a wake up call to how much Nintendo needs to change. Do you really see the WiiU sustaining when Steam takes off as the new Media Box for us Rich PC GAMERS or when PS4/720 come around with deeply ingrained online platforms? Keep in mind they could blow our mind with some AMAZING online universe, but why are you waiting to show it Nintendo?

Hopefully someone see's my point and doesn't rage like I'm trolling. I wanted to be excited about HD Nintedo OMG, but my common sense (maybe me being older) is shaking his head Jackie Chan meme style.[/QUOTE]

For me, system specs are awesome. But I just re-bought a Game Gear earlier in this year when mine broke. I buy consoles for games more than specs. I am extremely excited for New Super Mario Bros U, Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, ZombiU, and eventually (and especially) Super Smash Bros U. In order to play these games, I need a Wii U. So I pre-ordered a Wii U. As for online...I consider myself to be a gamer but I very rarely play online. Sure I have Live and PSN accounts, and I do some online SSBB on the Wii from time to time. But my friends and I live close enough that when we want to play, we get together more often than not. Playing against strangers online, sometimes I do it when I'm with my friends too, but I guess it just doesn't appeal to me like it does most. My most important aspects of gaming are the single player campaigns and local multiplayer/co-op.

For me, more than anything else, I will admit, I am interested in the Wii U because it's something that is new and shiny, combined with the fact that something new and shiny will not cost me a kidney or two (e.g. launch PS3).

NSMBU and Pikmin 3 being in the "launch window", along with digital discounts, sends it over the top, for me.

[quote name='Maynard']I'm blown away how excited people are for this system. This is not a troll, this is common sense.

The argument of "I'm so sick of having to upgrade my PC every 3 months to play the newest game" is completely invalid. Sorry, you're wrong and that is not how PC gaming works anymore. PC gaming is back on the rise, finally!, and with prices lower than ever you can build a fantastic machine for about $600 (I know because I just built my friend one). The days of "I can't afford a $500 GPU" are LOOOONG gone thanks to the shrinking dye processes used. For 1080p PC gaming you can EASILY build a machine that will run just about ANYTHING you throw at it. The biggest threat to gaming right now is Steam. Yup, saying it now. Big Picture Mode is a BIG FREAKING DEAL. I literally moved my desktop monstrosity to my 65 Inch LED and welcome to my new console. It has cloud storage, it has great online presence, it looks better than any console game, it gets patches for shit that breaks, it has a beautiful interface, games are cheaper (Borderlands 2 for $36 bucks? yes please!). So please don't use the "PC's cost like a million dollars" argument because you're wrong.

I would love to play ZombieU, finally Survival Horror zombie game, P100 (or whatever it is now) and some of my favorite childhood Nintendo games, but their failure to ad-hear to the very basics that makes up entertainment in 2012 is a nut punch. Gaming for the next 10 years is really going to be about cloud/digital/online and Nintedo not doing this now is a wake up call to how much Nintendo needs to change. Do you really see the WiiU sustaining when Steam takes off as the new Media Box for us Rich PC GAMERS or when PS4/720 come around with deeply ingrained online platforms? Keep in mind they could blow our mind with some AMAZING online universe, but why are you waiting to show it Nintendo?

Hopefully someone see's my point and doesn't rage like I'm trolling. I wanted to be excited about HD Nintedo OMG, but my common sense (maybe me being older) is shaking his head Jackie Chan meme style.[/QUOTE]

No, you're definitely not trolling like that moron a few pages back.

Here's my deal:

A console will never be able to outpace my PC in the technical arena or the connectivity arena. It's a traditional console that never loses support and can be upgraded as necessary. So when consoles give me better specs with the same controller, I'm disinterested. I have that and in a form better than Microsoft or Sony could possibly offer. All that's left is exclusive games (Everyone knows what they're getting into on this front), and new experiences, and the easiest way to give me something new is to fundamentally change the way I'm interacting with the game.

To "Do you really see Wii U sustaining?". I don't know, consoles are unpredictable. I will say that no one saw the Wii sustaining for four years against the competition. Most people don't care about any of the basics you described because they aren't the basics. The basics of gaming is gameplay. Software moves hardware. No amount of online, or cloud gaming, or any of that matters if the games are there.

So this is a priorities thing I guess. What you value in a system isn't what I value. I hope that makes sense.

Also, I'd buy pretty much any system for Monster Hunter (software moves hardware).

So I went through the 51 "launch titles" The following will only be available on a WiiU or Nintendo platform.

1. Funky Barn.
2. Family Party 30 Great Games: Obstacle Arcade
3. Tank!Tank!Tank! *
4. Nintendo Land
5. New Super Mario Bros. U *
6. Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge (already on 360 and PS3 but it will be slightly different.)
7. SiNG Party
8. Lego City: Undercover *
9. Wii Fit U
10. Game & Wario
11. Pikmin 3 *
12. The Wonderful 101 *
13. Nano Assault Neo *
14. Toki Tori 2 (PC also)
15. Rabbids Land
16. Sports Connection
17. ZombiU *
18. Rayman Legends *
19. Game Party Champions
20. Scribblenauts Unlimited (PC Also)

So that is the list of exclusive titles the first 4 months of release. Everything else can be had on the 360 or PS3. I put an * next to the ones I would be interested in and it left me with 8 games I won't be able to play without buying the console. For me, I am just going to wait.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Anytime someone mentions Patcher, I am filled with a rage that i cannot explain with words[/QUOTE]

Why is that? TBH i was just sharing the story. I've only actually heard of the guy a couple times.

Umm....isn't the Wii U's GPU based on the Southern (or Northern?) Islands GPU? Let's not forget this is CUSTOM BUILT and doesn't have Windows or OSX to run. And the rumors are that the Xbox ?big de Xbox now?big deal? Gonna bash the Xbox now?

They both will be essentially the same architecture. Granted the new Xbox will be powerfu. But the same trolls in here were bashing the GCN saying graphics didn't matter because the games were better on the PS2.

And lets not forget the GCN vs Xbox Specs:

GameCube
-485MHz IBM CPU
-162MHz ATI GPU
-40MB overall RAM

Xbox
-733MHz Intel CPU
-230MHz nVidia GPU
-64MB RAM

But the Xbox as virtually PC architecture.

I don't even think there will be a fight over power. Every console that did that lost. They are fighting over the living room.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Anytime someone mentions Patcher, I am filled with a rage that i cannot explain with words[/QUOTE]

He is actually a pretty cool guy, love his show on Gametrailers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back