Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gordojones88']It's just my opinion, but when Nintendo clarifies it's postition,
I think there's gonna be some hidden misunderstanding and
people will not be able to transfer their Wiiware games to the Wii U.

If I cannot be 100% guaranteed that all Wii U content I buy is tied to
my permanent Gamer ID, I will not buy another Nintendo product.

Has anybody seen anything that suggests there is a Gamertag ID used to purchase online content?[/QUOTE]
Nintendo has been fairly forthcoming in interviews lately in saying that you will be able to transfer your Wiiware games. I believe the games you've bought are tied solely to your console's serial number. The word is that the Wii U won't be using gamertags either, but rather a simplified (unified?) friend code system. AFAIK there's been no word yet that your future purchases will be tied to your friend code or once again linked with the Wii U's serial number.

[quote name='lordopus99']Hate to burst your bubble but Gamers Club will NOT give you double points. Systems are not eligible.[/QUOTE]

Well at least I got the MasterCard. Only a $5 loss.

[quote name='Thrinn']Nintendo has been fairly forthcoming in interviews lately in saying that you will be able to transfer your Wiiware games. I believe the games you've bought are tied solely to your console's serial number. The word is that the Wii U won't be using gamertags either, but rather a simplified (unified?) friend code system. AFAIK there's been no word yet that your future purchases will be tied to your friend code or once again linked with the Wii U's serial number.[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen any press release where they clearly state how it would indeed work. Only that they are working on some sort of way to eventually transfer games one day. Seriously, this thing is releasing in just weeks, what in the world are they doing?

[quote name='gordojones88']I haven't seen any press release where they clearly state how it would indeed work. Only that they are working on some sort of way to eventually transfer games one day. Seriously, this thing is releasing in just weeks, what in the world are they doing?[/QUOTE]

Weeks? More like days! Seriously though, like two months.

[quote name='gordojones88']I haven't seen any press release where they clearly state how it would indeed work. Only that they are working on some sort of way to eventually transfer games one day. Seriously, this thing is releasing in just weeks, what in the world are they doing?[/QUOTE]

According to a Nintendo rep, "Wii U owners can wirelessly transfer content such as Miis, and WiiWare and Virtual Console games to their Wii U systems. Both systems will need to be connected to the Internet and the Wii U will need an SD card to facilitate the transfer."

http://gimmegimmegames.com/2012/09/...-wii-u-to-transfer-datagames-between-systems/

[quote name='Thrinn']Nintendo has been fairly forthcoming in interviews lately in saying that you will be able to transfer your Wiiware games. I believe the games you've bought are tied solely to your console's serial number. The word is that the Wii U won't be using gamertags either, but rather a simplified (unified?) friend code system. AFAIK there's been no word yet that your future purchases will be tied to your friend code or once again linked with the Wii U's serial number.[/QUOTE]

Go read the QA on 1up.com. It'll be another round of:
1. Download another app on the Wii, and Wii-u.
2. Make sure the app is running on both consoles
3. Wait for the app to wirelessly transfer your purchases.
4. All the content on the original Wii will then transfer to the Wii-u, and
be deleted permanently.

So, in other words, more of the same manure they've been feeding us until now. Those of you hoping that you'll trade in your consoles, and keep your old content better wake up (if you want any of that content).

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']I dont know why some people in this thread are complaining about the price. The price imo is actually quite fair and i wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo is taking a small loss on it for NA (in japan they are making money because it a lot more expensive there).

My justification-
The wii u controller- $80- Whenever Nintendo does decide to release it standalone i highly doubt it's going to be $60 like 360 and ps3 controllers are now ($50 MSRP for wiimote). It has a touch screen and camera built into it. Although it may be cheap to make I doubt Nintendo will sell it for anything less than $80. They will probably actually sell it for $99.
So that's $80 of the value right there.

Wii U console itself- Right now the arcade xbox 360 is selling for $199.99. The Wii U is going to be more powerful than the 360, albeit by not much. It has double the ram and a slightly better graphics card. It even has 8gb of flash memory compared to the arcade 4gb. You can also plug in any external hard drive (didn't Microsoft take away this functionality? I may be wrong). Plus its a lot more smaller and compact than both the 360 and ps3 so that increases the cost as well.

[/QUOTE]
One thing a lot of people are missing about the Wii U design, is how much the tablet controller costs to produce, as part of the whole package. There was info released that Nintendo would charge $170 for the tablet controller in Japan. That means that about half of the cost of the console is taken up by just the tablet controller! What does that mean for the parts that went into the console itself? Obviously Nintendo had to massively scale back the console parts, to make room for the high cist of the tablet controller itself. Not a good sign for the long term strength of the system itself. This does greatly impact the specs of the console, in a very negative way. The balance between console and controller is totally whacked out.

[quote name='therealdanhill']I tried, sold out at Target. Got one at Kmart[/QUOTE]

If Amazon or someplace else start selling them I HIGHLY suggest you cancel your order at Kmart (or Sears, same place) and buy elsewhere. There is a high chance they will end up canceling your order if there is any kind of shortage.

[quote name='musha666']If Amazon or someplace else start selling them I HIGHLY suggest you cancel your order at Kmart (or Sears, same place) and buy elsewhere. There is a high chance they will end up canceling your order if there is any kind of shortage.[/QUOTE]

Kmart apparently doesn't let you cancel orders, you have to return them in store and eat the shipping.

[quote name='SW4J']Kmart apparently doesn't let you cancel orders, you have to return them in store and eat the shipping.[/QUOTE]

Kmart has free shipping for me.

[quote name='chimpmeister']One thing a lot of people are missing about the Wii U design, is how much the tablet controller costs to produce, as part of the whole package. There was info released that Nintendo would charge $170 for the tablet controller in Japan. That means that about half of the cost of the console is taken up by just the tablet controller! What does that mean for the parts that went into the console itself? Obviously Nintendo had to massively scale back the console parts, to make room for the high cist of the tablet controller itself. Not a good sign for the long term strength of the system itself. This does greatly impact the specs of the console, in a very negative way. The balance between console and controller is totally whacked out.[/QUOTE]
I guess you don't know the U and the 720 will be in the same class of graphic cards. I'd reckon the 720 is like the gt 8800 and the wii u is the 8400.

Again, why don't you just leave and stick PC games. $400 for the next Xbox will give you less than you could get with a graphics card at the same time. Don't like it don't buy it

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Just a question about the controller- are the analog sticks clickable? I'm aski because those clickable sticks are a must for cod.[/QUOTE]

Yes they are clickable, confirmed at last E3

[quote name='Linkgx1']I guess you don't know the U and the 720 will be in the same class of graphic cards. I'd reckon the 720 is like the gt 8800 and the wii u is the 8400.

Again, why don't you just leave and stick PC games. $400 for the next Xbox will give you less than you could get with a graphics card at the same time. Don't like it don't buy it[/QUOTE]

stop feeding the troll! You know he's the ultimate nintendo hater right? Just ignore him.

---

You guys are killing me here. I figured the WiiU wouldn't be one of those items I'd have to preorder but now I'm not so sure. I wonder though if a majority of the preorders are speculators because of the last wii craze.

[quote name='Linkgx1']I guess you don't know the U and the 720 will be in the same class of graphic cards. I'd reckon the 720 is like the gt 8800 and the wii u is the 8400.

Again, why don't you just leave and stick PC games. $400 for the next Xbox will give you less than you could get with a graphics card at the same time. Don't like it don't buy it[/QUOTE]

1. You have NO IDEA what GPUs will go into the 720 or PS4, so don't pretend that you do.
2. You still fail to address my point. If half the he cost of the entire console package is taken up by the tablet controller, what does that mean for the components that go into the console itself? Sounds like they would have to drastically scale back the console components to make up for the high cost of the tablet, doesn't it?

[quote name='confoosious']stop feeding the troll! You know he's the ultimate nintendo hater right? Just ignore him.

---

You guys are killing me here. I figured the WiiU wouldn't be one of those items I'd have to preorder but now I'm not so sure. I wonder though if a majority of the preorders are speculators because of the last wii craze.[/QUOTE]

It's an addiction! I need to go to rehab!

[quote name='SW4J']No news on Walmart yet, eh? Any idea if Kmart lets you cancel preorders? I can't seem to find anything confirming[/QUOTE]

I just preorder one from walmart. when you add it to the cart it tells you that they dont ave it. but if you just press on proceed to check out it works just fine.

[quote name='hasturyo']I just preorder one from walmart. when you add it to the cart it tells you that they dont ave it. but if you just press on proceed to check out it works just fine.[/QUOTE]
I get page not found when I try and preorder from walmart.

I'm also wondering about cancelling a preorder at KMart, all I can see is you can't order and cancel in the same day. I would call them to find out. I just don't know that I'll have the money when I need it, but didn't want to miss out on the chance for getting one if indeed they are going to be hell to find.

I couldn't get a Wii after release for like 3 months when I didn't preorder.

[quote name='XT14']K-mart although allowing me to put it in the cart gives me an error upon checkout that although I am trying to purchase 1.0 quantity there are 0.0 quantities avaliable..similar at sears...so maybe sold out there as well?[/QUOTE]

I was able to just place an order for one. Free shipping too. Better than TRU, but I half expect a cancellation notice due to overselling supplies.

[quote name='ebaymarcaro']I was able to just place an order for one. Free shipping too. Better than TRU, but I half expect a cancellation notice due to overselling supplies.[/QUOTE]

You must have purchased the basic unit, the problem he described is with the deluxe model.

The Walmart bundle isn't terrible for a last case scenario actually. Odds are most people would be getting an additional game anyway. The forced controller is the only dumb part, but you can probably recoup your money on it pretty easily on Ebay. It does suck they are forcing the bundle on you though, but not as terrible as it could have been.

sorry if it has already been asked but does kmart instantly take out the money from paypal? I know best buy does (well they hold it which is practically the same).

[quote name='vlv723']Let's see.

Pre-ordered at Best Buy

I have a MasterCard Reward Zone Credit Card and get double reward zone points. Gamers Club also does double points so it does stack according to my account. In addition, I get a 25% Premier Silver bonus points as well.

Therefore, I'll be getting about 1200ish points after paying it full on the credit card so that'll net me almost $25 in RZ certs.

Seems like a deal to me but your deal may vary depending on what you do to the console. Most seems to put it on eBay/Craigslist once they buy it and mark up the price.[/QUOTE]

Those deals are always there so it's not a deal. That's like the people claiming they got X game for X low dollars....but they used a gift card.

Like me getting The Witcher 2 for 49 cents. Yes the deal was that it was discounted by $30 making it $10. I then used the $10 gift card (for spending $50 at Best Buy) which, after tax made it 49 cents.

The 3DS being dropped to $180 from $250 and still being able to get Ambassador games is a deal. Nintendo has shown it will price drop if their stuff isn't selling right.

People don't learn tho'.

I don't think gamestop got very many systems allocated to them if they ran out already..

Nintendo tends to focus on bigger, more all purpose retailers like WalMart, Target, Best Buy, TRU, etc anyway. I think you'll probably still be able to buy them on launch day.

Even for the wii Gamestop got very small allocations of hardware at launch.

I almost kind of like the camping out to buy a system at launch thing. I did it for the Wii and the PS2. I'm kind of a nut about system launches also, I just love them for some reason. I hope ZombiU is really good.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']sorry if it has already been asked but does kmart instantly take out the money from paypal? I know best buy does (well they hold it which is practically the same).[/QUOTE]Nope, just ordered from them

[quote name='AteBit']Do they charge/authorize card right away?[/QUOTE]

I am not sure how they handle credit cards, but I just pre ordered one using paypal, and my conf. email stated I would not be charged until my ordered was processed.

[quote name='SW4J']You must have purchased the basic unit, the problem he described is with the deluxe model.[/QUOTE]

Nope. It was for the deluxe edition.

[quote name='The Keyboard Wizard']I am not sure how they handle credit cards, but I just pre ordered one using paypal, and my conf. email stated I would not be charged until my ordered was processed.[/QUOTE]

They do an authorization hold so your account will show the money is pending but it shouldn't be technically charged until it ships.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back