Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone ever find out about Target's preorder policy? I called today and was told that a preorder would be charged to your card and would not be removed until ship date? Was curious if anyone else called.

[quote name='ricoraney']Well call me a sucker. Honestly, the real suckers were those who bought the PS3 (in which at launch was a glorified blu-ray player) for $599/$699 at launch. You can keep the blu-ray. Besides, Nintendo will not give Sony any money for using their technology. A new format will be coming soon anyway. So I'm on board.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ninjaharley']Me and the wife actually have decided to brave black friday this year, if the deals are worth it atleast. I hope my pre-order is good because I don't want to have to camp out in line twice in one week, that would suck

[/QUOTE]

I keep seeing this, its just plain bad information. Last year a software company developed a new codec that is so efficient that they will be able to stick 4K movies on a Blu Ray Disc, that is waaaay more space. 4K is 4x the resolution.

If the U is in stock on.BF and on sale, that will make for interesting morning news

[quote name='wohomerhoo']Looks like Amazon took down all the 3rd party sellers. It now show Currently Unavailable.

I know it's a crap shoot at this point but I have hope. Having Amazon Credit in this case has worked against me.[/QUOTE]

That's because Amazon doesn't allow you to presell items and they will pull them down if they notice.

Delayed shipments or pre-sells are prohibited. Items offered through Amazon Marketplace must be shipped within two business days of the date the order confirmation is made available to you. Therefore, you should not list or match against items that Amazon designates as pre-orderable.

[quote name='wohomerhoo']Looks like Amazon took down all the 3rd party sellers. It now show Currently Unavailable.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if they were taken down or if people ordered them.

Thoughts:

1. I am estimating that 30% of all preorders are for ebay purposes
2. The WiiU will sell well for the rest of 2012 but after June 2013 sales will be stagnant due to the announcement of XBOX 720 and PS4
3. The WiiU will not sell as well as the Wii since seniors, hotels, hospitals and other random non-gaming fans will not buy the WiiU since most of these current Wii owners have a Wii sitting in their closets.

[quote name='brutalny']FYI, bestbuy just shot me an email saying they backordered my wii-u deluxe pre-order. So beware with bestbuy.[/QUOTE]

what a shocker!! best buy cant track their inventory i dont know why anyone would put faith in them.

gamestop is the most reliable source here for a preorder.

I ordered it with it Fry's (never used them before). Looks like I fell for Nintendo's "marketing" and decided to grab one. Thanks for looking out...

[quote name='kayne2000']what a shocker!! best buy cant track their inventory i dont know why anyone would put faith in them.

gamestop is the most reliable source here for a preorder.[/QUOTE]

well, I preordered from bestbuy and my order says in process. Keep dreaming if you think everyone that preorodered from any source will get the wii u

[quote name='Davivascaino']well, I preordered from bestbuy and my order says in process. Keep dreaming if you think everyone that preorodered from any source will get the wii u[/QUOTE]

not saying all best buy preorders will get screwed merely stating best buy is very prone to not knowing how to track inventory properly....just look at their B2G1 sales online a good half of those go unfulfilled and backordered or cancelled. then we have their inability to properly check stock in stores. you could have 5 copies of a game in store but online might say its unavailable or you could have nothing in store but online says available.

How reliable is Fry's? They will charge me shipping, but I'm guessing I wouldn't pay tax in MD. But scared to cancel my order at Best Buy....

[quote name='InvaderZim']All of the Gamestop stores in my area have signs up saying no more preorders for the Wii U. I might end up doing a preorder on ebay or craigslist.

This might be the biggest console launch ever.[/QUOTE]

Or maybe they just didn't offer up many pre-orders especially online ones.

[quote name='brutalny']FYI, bestbuy just shot me an email saying they backordered my wii-u deluxe pre-order. So beware with bestbuy.[/QUOTE]

Was this for an online delivery order, online in-store pickup, or kiosk order?
When did you place your order?

[quote name='schuerm26']Or they could have just made a quality product that was new anr revolutionary and had great marketing and everyone wanted. Especially the marketing about moving while playing instead of just sitting around. Every kid wanted this thing and the marketing said to parenta that they would be getting some activity in.[/QUOTE]

Nice to think but it is there pattern. Always will be. Like the one user said great marketing tool. I mean everything. Except a 3ds. LOL

In this day and age especially when the components aren't that deep it is about as frustrating as the old gamestop forced bundle deals. Anyone remember them days LOL

I'll sell you a ps2 but you need to buy a extra controller 3 games and a memory card. LOL

Just went down to my local Fry's to pick up Kirby and I stopped to ask the gaming employees about in-store Wii U pre-orders. They said they were taking them, but you have to pay for it in full and then come back and pick it up on release date. We'll see if that's their official policy but for now that's what they are doing.

Just put my order in at frys.com for a black 32GB unit . Hopefully they'll be able to fulfill this order on release date.

[quote name='ebaymarcaro']Was this for an online delivery order, online in-store pickup, or kiosk order?
When did you place your order?[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that that my order came back as back ordered. I ordered mine on their site and got the e-mail last night that it was back ordered.

I'm pretty sure I selected for it to be expedite shipped to my house because it kept saying that I couldn't do in-store pickup.

[quote name='oasisboy']Thoughts:

1. I am estimating that 30% of all preorders are for ebay purposes
2. The WiiU will sell well for the rest of 2012 but after June 2013 sales will be stagnant due to the announcement of XBOX 720 and PS4
3. The WiiU will not sell as well as the Wii since seniors, hotels, hospitals and other random non-gaming fans will not buy the WiiU since most of these current Wii owners have a Wii sitting in their closets.[/QUOTE]

You forgot one:

4. Apparent shortages due to "sold-out" preorders (artificially created limits created by Nintendo and their retail partners) will cause people to go into a frenzy desperately trying to get their hands on a "rare" Wii U premium console over the next few months, thereby increasing demand for a perceived hard-to-find product. :lol:

[quote name='WesWarlord']I can confirm that that my order came back as back ordered. I ordered mine on their site and got the e-mail last night that it was back ordered.

I'm pretty sure I selected for it to be expedite shipped to my house because it kept saying that I couldn't do in-store pickup.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Did you place the order yesterday too?

[quote name='drakma676']Have they said anything about a headset or mic to talk to others online like on black ops or wii the headset from the wii work?[/QUOTE]

Turtle beach and some other company announced headsets that should be out around launch.

So I see the icon for replied to threads was missing for me and I come to find out my replies in this thread were deleted. Is this some form of harassment? I simply posted facts by personnel higher up in gamestop regarding supplies of the wii U and now my words are garbage?

[quote name='ebaymarcaro']Thanks for the info. Did you place the order yesterday too?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I placed the order as soon as I woke up yesterday. Im going to the store today to see what's up and going to see if I can get it done in-store.

If not, I'm a premier reward zone member so I may call their special number to get some answers.

Just some advice I learned from the whole HP Touchpad debacle:

Online retailers fulfill orders by shipping speed. It doesn't matter if you were the first to pre-order, or the very last. Those people who pay the nice $40 premium to have their item over-nighted will be given the inventory first. Of course, none of them retailers will admit this, but it has been proven.

[quote name='ebaymarcaro']Thanks for the info. Did you place the order yesterday too?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I placed the order as soon as I woke up yesterday. Im going to the store today to see what's up and going to see if I can get it done in-store.

If not, I'm a premier reward zone member so I may call their special number to get some answers.

[quote name='Davivascaino']well, I preordered from bestbuy and my order says in process. Keep dreaming if you think everyone that preorodered from any source will get the wii u[/QUOTE]

The email says my order is backordered, and I would get it in 7-31 days from today (which is before the release). When I check the website it still says processing just like yours. I don't know what to believe so just going to cancel.

Background on my order : It was placed on thursday night, they did put a preauth on my credit card for the full amount. It was for a delivery order.

I know many of you guys work retail, and think that in store pre-orders are more important because your boss feeds that shit to you. It is not true, they would much rather book a sale where the money is for sure there than some kid coming in with 5 dollars. It just is not the case to the businesses, the online orders are just as important if not more because they make more money on the sale. For the guy saying it is easy to send a cancellation email, from your corporations standpoint it is not easier. When you send a cancellation for an important order, you guarantee the person will not order online or in store killing two forms of revenue with one email.

you guys are such dicks! I had no intention of pre-ordering but I ran out to BB this morning and preordered the deluxe at Best Buy. I figure $5 now and plenty of time to think about it.

I preordered from bestbuy.com on the first day preordered were up on the 13th and chose store pick up. Safe to say ill be getting the console?

[quote name='Romeo']So I see the icon for replied to threads was missing for me and I come to find out my replies in this thread were deleted. Is this some form of harassment? I simply posted facts by personnel higher up in gamestop regarding supplies of the wii U and now my words are garbage?[/QUOTE]

Yeah the mods will periodically do that. Sometimes for good reason. Sometimes for peculiar ones.

Went ahead and pre ordered in store at Best Buy this mornin even with chance of being placed on backorder. Since other places show sold out and won't even give you the option for the deluxe. I'll quote Lloyd Christmas: "So you're telling me there's still a chance!"

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Romeo']So I see the icon for replied to threads was missing for me and I come to find out my replies in this thread were deleted. Is this some form of harassment? I simply posted facts by personnel higher up in gamestop regarding supplies of the wii U and now my words are garbage?[/QUOTE]

I deleted you're posts because of grammatical errors.

[quote name='ONIN']Went ahead and pre ordered in store at Best Buy this mornin even with chance of being placed on backorder. Since other places show sold out and won't even give you the option for the deluxe. I'll quote Lloyd Christmas: "So you're telling me there's still a chance!"[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I figure even if it's not release day, I'll be among the second shipment allocation if I preorder now.

I have added the Wii U Deluxe/Basic for Walmart to the main page. For some reason it does not come up in a Walmart search, only the bundle does. So I'm listing them all separately. They are all still available.

[quote name='confoosious']you guys are such dicks! I had no intention of pre-ordering but I ran out to BB this morning and preordered the deluxe at Best Buy. I figure $5 now and plenty of time to think about it.[/QUOTE]

Lol were awesome dicks!

[quote name='AcePuppy']I have added the Wii U Deluxe/Basic for Walmart to the main page. For some reason it does not come up in a Walmart search, only the bundle does. So I'm listing them all separately. They are all still available.[/QUOTE]

Woah, Walmart selling Systems without the Bundle!

[quote name='AcePuppy']I have added the Wii U Deluxe/Basic for Walmart to the main page. For some reason it does not come up in a Walmart search, only the bundle does. So I'm listing them all separately. They are all still available.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I was able to get a deluxe just fine right now.

[quote name='Rainman']I preordered from bestbuy.com on the first day preordered were up on the 13th and chose store pick up. Safe to say ill be getting the console?[/QUOTE]

I hope so. I'm in the same boat. I ordered within minutes of the systems finally appearing on bestbuy.com. Black deluxe set with in-store pickup. I really hope I get one day 1 with no headaches!

Both versions are, of course, now sold out online at bestbuy.com and store pickup is unavailable for every store listed. Hopefully that's a good sign that they have their stuff in order.

[quote name='Youngnoble']Yes[/QUOTE]

I wanna get it from walmart but don't wanna pay upfront like this. Still not sure if i want it or not so paying full for it maybe isn't the best idea. Do they actually charge you or is it still pending?

[quote name='rockstarnati']I hope so. I'm in the same boat. I ordered within minutes of the systems finally appearing on bestbuy.com. Black deluxe set with in-store pickup. I really hope I get one day 1 with no headaches!

Both versions are, of course, now sold out online at bestbuy.com and store pickup is unavailable for every store listed. Hopefully that's a good sign that they have their stuff in order.[/QUOTE]

We are in the same boat I also ordered deluxe. Do you know when we pick up our console we can apply reward certs to the order? Would like to apply RE6 and dishonored when I get the 20 each.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Does Walmart charge instantly if I use my card?[/QUOTE]

According to my confirmation email, NO:

If you're paying by credit card or Bill Me Later®, your account will not be charged until your order ships. If you see a pending charge on your account prior to your items shipping, this is an authorization hold to ensure the funds are available. All other forms of payment are charged at the time the order is placed.

[quote name='uEih']I wanna get it from walmart but don't wanna pay upfront like this. Still not sure if i want it or not so paying full for it maybe isn't the best idea. Do they actually charge you or is it still pending?[/QUOTE]

It's a pending charge, I should have been clearer. But yes you need to have the money upfront if your using a debit.

I was able to preorder at a Best Buy kiosk. Who knows if I get it on launch day, but it was worth a shot for $5 + tax.

Also, not sure that I should have been charged tax on a preorder, but whatever. I wanted to get in the queue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back