Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LiteOnMe']Can someone please close the thread or move it to the Nintendo forum? Please.[/QUOTE]

Tell that to Cheapy D.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']So I heard that handicap is prioritize and will be the first in line or follow the staff early to get their Wii U at launch. If you have a family or relative with handicap they might get theirs first and don't have to wait in line.[/QUOTE]

What retailer are you speaking of? Where did you hear this? A physical policy that can be read would be solid proof to me but I doubt that exists.

[quote name='LiteOnMe']Can someone please close the thread or move it to the Nintendo forum? Please.[/QUOTE]

Sure, tell that to the creator of the site who originally created this thread in this forum. Troll!

[quote name='ral1121']Walmart or ToysRus aren't taking any in store pre orders right?

If not, then I guess I may have a chance getting them launch day.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Target.

[quote name='croqoa']I think an uncle or something broke his leg at one point and had crutches and maybe one of those handicap parking things, maybe I should ask to borrow those?[/QUOTE]

Careful. If the DPT or Police find out you're abusing the privelege of the handicap placards, they'll not only give you a hefty citation but also revoke your uncle's handicap placard.

Do so at your own risk.

Just wait confoosious, once more people start getting their late pre-orders cancelled this thread will be filled to the brim with people calling it a bait and switch. Then all will be right in the world of CAG.

[quote name='confoosious']What is it about CAG that absolutely FORCES people to read threads they're not interested in? The software is very sophisticated.[/QUOTE]

Trolling. They hate when people get products they dislike for some reason. Us v them.

[quote name='Belarr']Don't forget Target.[/QUOTE]

That could be an alternative too.

I found an old article on my towns newspaper website with the coverage on local people camping out for the PS3.

Best Buy had 40 PS3's while Target had 8.

Also found this line.

"It is awesome, I will be selling it on Ebay, maybe for $3,500".

I wonder how that went for him.

[quote name='Linkgx1']Trolling. They hate when people get products they dislike for some reason. Us v them.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, what part of this thread has the deal?

The memory difference is nice, but not a deal breaker if someone gets stuck with a 8GB. Something tells me that a large portion of the people who buy them at launch will just plug the external drive they have for their Wii *nudge nudge* into it and suddenly the difference won't matter.

[quote name='Deader2818']The GameStop trade in bonus.[/QUOTE]

You mean the bonus that was mentioned in the Gamestop thread way before? That's cool.

[quote name='ral1121']That could be an alternative too.

I found an old article on my towns newspaper website with the coverage on local people camping out for the PS3.

Also found this line.

I wonder how that went for him.[/QUOTE]
Link?

Best Buy is noticeably crazier and people will line up sooner, so take that into account. For the Wii, I got to Target the morning before (store opens at 9am, was there at 6am the day before) and they had around 20, got one no problem. Your mileage may vary depending on store though.

He probably got 3500 for it, lol.

damn, so there is no chance I can go to a GS store tomorrow and pre-order? THIS SUCKS! Oh well, first system launch I'll miss in a while..

Don't lots of radio stations and talk shows buy these things up as holiday giveaways and contest prizes? :bomb: I bet Ellen stocked up. First she took Portia.. now I bet she cleared out BestBuy's supply!

[quote name='token2k6']damn, so there is no chance I can go to a GS store tomorrow and pre-order? THIS SUCKS! Oh well, first system launch I'll miss in a while..[/QUOTE]

No worries, you should be able to get ahold of one about 6 months to a year after launch. Why rush after all?

[quote name='chimpmeister']No worries, you should be able to get ahold of one about 6 months to a year after launch. Why rush after all?[/QUOTE]
I know what that's like. I wish I had dental insurance.

[quote name='UnlockPotential']Don't lots of radio stations and talk shows buy these things up as holiday giveaways and contest prizes? :bomb: I bet Ellen stocked up. First she took Portia.. now I bet she cleared out BestBuy's supply![/QUOTE]

I think companies give it to them for free and in return they get free advertisement or endorsement.

[quote name='blueweltall']I think companies give it to them for free and in return they get free advertisement or endorsement.[/QUOTE]
Ah.. makes sense. Well.. she still did take Portia.

Placed an order through Walmart a little while ago and saw an authorization hold charge in my checking account already for the entire amount. I paid with my Visa debit card.

Not sure if this has been answered already, but does that hold drop off after a couple of days or will that money be held until the item ships?

[quote name='ral1121']That could be an alternative too.

Also found this line.

I wonder how that went for him.[/QUOTE]

My wife and I and my in laws all went to the local Kmart the morning that the ps3 went on sale because they had 2 systems and were using a raffle system to decide you got to buy them. Only requirement was you bought a game with it.
My father in law ended up getting the 2nd console and it came to like $700 or so after taxes. Sold it to a guy who was waiting and that end of the register for $2,000 right there on the spot.

:)

The guy who bought it also bought the 1st system that someone else got for $2,000 as well.

[quote name='MaelstromB']Placed an order through Walmart a little while ago and saw an authorization hold charge in my checking account already for the entire amount. I paid with my Visa debit card. Not sure if this has been answered already, but does that hold drop off after a couple of days or will that money be held until the item ships?[/QUOTE]

Pending charges will stay as pending until the item has been shipped. Most retailers typically just take a dollar, but a few like to take the entire amount just to make sure you actually have enough money in your account. It may stay pending until it ships (which would bug me to no end) or it may go away after a few business days.

[quote name='ral1121']Walmart or ToysRus aren't taking any in store pre orders right?

If not, then I guess I may have a chance getting them launch day.[/QUOTE]

Not true for ToysRUs is taking preorders in-store. At my store, they had two identical printed pages taped to the front door saying, "Pre-order the Wii U for $20 ... Released Nov 18th". And then in the electronics section there was more than one blue pocket filled with several printed Wii U preorder slips. Each slip had both deluxe and basic SKUs. You pick which one you want and they cross-out the other.

They obviously didn't have a hard count of how many they would have of each or else they would have had exact amounts of each SKU.

The pre-order slip reads: "Reserve Your Console Today! Take this card to ANY Register. $20 Deposit Required. Wii U Expected in-store Date: 11/18/2012-11/25/2012 (Wii U Deluxe SKU, Wii U Basic SKU) Balance due at time of pick up. In-store date subject to change. Must bring pre-sell card with receipt to pick up console. ALL reserved consoles must be picked up within 7 days of the in-store arrival date. Limit 1 per guest."

Clerk assured me that they would sell/allocate in the back to pre-orders first before selling over the counter.

[quote name='MaelstromB']Yeah, same here. If it sticks until it ships, I may just cancel as I don't want that amount of money tied up for the next 2 months...[/QUOTE]

That and I don't feel like waiting to get it in the mail.

Got in on this and have a total of five pre orders two Gamestop, two bestbuy and one toysrus. Hopefully I get one since I placed them all on Thursday.

i considered pre-ordering one and then actually stopped to think about it and realized that i didn't actually want one, i just figured they'd be rare and it'd be cool to show it off to my friends.

so i decided against it.

[quote name='InvaderZim']I would actually start calling the Tuesday before launch - I bet they will have them in the back of the store. Do what you can to prevent not getting one.

I tried to pre-order at K-Mart but the did not know what a Wii U was. They kept thinking I wanted a Wii holiday bundle (that is all that is showing up).[/QUOTE]

This so much, I'm good with most of the gaming reps at best but, so I'm gonna make sure they got enough, if not I'll have a heads up to camp out, Also I asked about a Midnight Launch, though they had no info, I suspect it's too early and they may decline because black friday is just a few days later

While I was in Best Buy, I figured what the heck and preordered one. Like above, I don't think I want it. But I did so in case upon release I decided I wanted one that I am covered.

[quote name='MaelstromB']Yeah, same here. If it sticks until it ships, I may just cancel as I don't want that amount of money tied up for the next 2 months...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think that is crazy to pay the full amount for a preorder upfront and have it hang on your card for two months. I'm still waiting to find out how my target online preorder is going to go. I mean come on, Amazon never chargers for a preorder till the shipping stage. If anyone is familiar with target preorders, let me know. There is NOTHING stated on their website.

I constantly come back to this thread to read the updates etc. I can't wait to read/watch all of the news stories about this console. I can't wait to see what people will pay to have one for little Johnny on Christmas.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I constantly come back to this thread to read the updates etc. I can't wait to read/watch all of the news stories about this console. I can't wait to see what people will pay to have one for little Johnny on Christmas.[/QUOTE]

LOL...Been doing the same thing...I have a feeling this is going to get EPIC in the next two months

[quote name='MaelstromB']Placed an order through Walmart a little while ago and saw an authorization hold charge in my checking account already for the entire amount. I paid with my Visa debit card.

Not sure if this has been answered already, but does that hold drop off after a couple of days or will that money be held until the item ships?[/QUOTE]

From Walmart.com:

Credit Card Authorization Holds:

• An authorization hold will be placed on your credit or debit card each time an order is placed to confirm the card is valid. The hold should be released within 3 to 5 business days

On walmart.com I can't get the deluxe that's sold without the bundle to show up in there search function. I expect the link on here to be a glitch and those orders to be cancelled.

[quote name='Youngnoble']On walmart.com I can't get the deluxe that's sold without the bundle to show up in there search function. I expect the link on here to be a glitch and those orders to be cancelled.[/QUOTE]

It's worth a shot I suppose. That bundle deal isn't that great of a deal considering I already have a controller with wii motion plus. I preordered one with the posted link and like others have said, walmart.com already charged an authorization on my account. Also if you guys have discover, you can get 5% cashback which is about $17.50.

I'm really curious to see how many of these Nintendo can pump out before Christmas. I'm first on the pre order list for a deluxe at my local GameStop but am not totally sure I'm actually gonna end up keeping it. Pre ordered mostly because I feel without a pre order I won't be able to find one till 2013.

[quote name='Organ Donor']I'm really curious to see how many of these Nintendo can pump out before Christmas. I'm first on the pre order list for a deluxe at my local GameStop but am not totally sure I'm actually gonna end up keeping it. Pre ordered mostly because I feel without a pre order I won't be able to find one till 2013.[/QUOTE]
Same here.

[quote name='Linkgx1']Same here.[/QUOTE]

I preordered just in case but I feel like with all the people preordering "just in case" and the scalpers getting their asses handed to them because of over-speculation, that these won't be nearly as hard to find as the original wii.

I could be wrong. In any case, I'm covered. :lol:

[quote name='confoosious']I preordered just in case but I feel like with all the people preordering "just in case" and the scalpers getting their asses handed to them because of over-speculation, that these won't be nearly as hard to find as the original wii.

I could be wrong. In any case, I'm covered. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah I could care less about scalping I just don't want to sit in the cold. Well see though.

[quote name='tonybonjovi']LOL...Been doing the same thing...I have a feeling this is going to get EPIC in the next two months[/QUOTE]

Get your popcorn ready my friend, lol.

A full authorization for something that's two months out definitely is inconvenient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back