Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Right after the US there launching in Japan and Europe all in the same month. That always ends with there being shortages. They should have focused on one region at a time. Like others have said, I think Nintendo wants there to be this hectic frenzy to find them. They probably feel they'll sell more that way in the long run because of the illusion of it being a hot item.

I had an odd experience with a friend Preordering today.

A coworker and I were out getting coffee this morning before heading in and we both figured that it was worth checking in to Gamestop to see if they had any basics left, which they did. He decided to get two, but when he went to preorder, the person that checked me out the other day was there and said that because I was with him, they wouldn't allow him to preorder them and told him to go to another store.

[quote name='confoosious']I preordered just in case but I feel like with all the people preordering "just in case" and the scalpers getting their asses handed to them because of over-speculation, that these won't be nearly as hard to find as the original wii.

I could be wrong. In any case, I'm covered. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I think that these will be hard to find regardless. They may not be as hard to find as the Wii, but just based on the fact that its being released a little more than a month before Christmas leads me believe that a pre order is necessary.. unless you're willing to wait in line for hours.

[quote name='Belarr']I had an odd experience with a friend Preordering today.

A coworker and I were out getting coffee this morning before heading in and we both figured that it was worth checking in to Gamestop to see if they had any basics left, which they did. He decided to get two, but when he went to preorder, the person that checked me out the other day was there and said that because I was with him, they wouldn't allow him to preorder them and told him to go to another store.[/QUOTE]

That's messed up. I could understand if it was you again but refusing to sell to a guy because you were with him is wrong.

[quote name='Wanderlai']That's messed up. I could understand if it was you again but refusing to sell to a guy because you were with him is wrong.[/QUOTE]

I know right? He was able to preorder at another store nearby no problem, but the worst part is now I'm paranoid that something is going to happen to my preorder because other people in my family have preordered at the same store under the same last name. I don't have a lot of faith in Gamestop because of past dealings and am afraid that they're going to end up screwing something up.

Nintendo knows limited availability will spur high demand. Just wait until they start running commercials on tv and the average parent goes to buy one, only to be told they are sold out. Then the madness will really begin. News outlets will then start covering the story which will give Nintendo free advertising. Nintendo will have a year to capitalize off of this holiday seasons panic and sell consoles before the 720/PS4 launch. If Wii U's were readily available during launch and just sitting on store shelves, many would hold off buying. Nintendo may not sell as many units at first with this strategy but they are creating hype.... that's what will sell more in the long run.

I preordered from KMart. I have little to no hope of getting it lol.

Is it worth the bad press they could get for not making enough and basically creating a high-priced secondary market? I'm sure it is lol. I also think there will be another wave of them right at the turn of the year, maybe even a week before Christmas. I mean they gotta be pumping them out gangbusters at this point in their factories, but if there is a huge demand after the initial release, with people itching to buy, I have to imagine they would want those extra Christmas sales.

And then, once everyone is buzzing about it after Christmas, you get the next wave of people who were undecided/saw it in action and decided to buy/waiting on Christmas money. Let those people wait till February to get it to increase the demand, and there ya go. Gives them a whole month or more to make more systems.

But, things probably won't go that easy lol

[quote name='Belarr']I had an odd experience with a friend Preordering today.

A coworker and I were out getting coffee this morning before heading in and we both figured that it was worth checking in to Gamestop to see if they had any basics left, which they did. He decided to get two, but when he went to preorder, the person that checked me out the other day was there and said that because I was with him, they wouldn't allow him to preorder them and told him to go to another store.[/QUOTE]

I would do everything I could to get that person fired. Write to corporate, call the manager multiple times to complain, etc. They need to pay for that kind of unprofessionalism.

[quote name='Wanderlai']Nintendo knows limited availability will spur high demand. Just wait until they start running commercials on tv and the average parent goes to buy one, only to be told they are sold out. Then the madness will really begin. News outlets will then start covering the story which will give Nintendo free advertising. Nintendo will have a year to capitalize off of this holiday seasons panic and sell consoles before the 720/PS4 launch.[/QUOTE]

:applause: What a brilliant plan; you sir are a genius!!!

People act like 360 and ps3 werent "limited".

Some of it might be the company holding back, but at the same time, they can produce only so many units at once. cost, time, quality control, etc.

[quote name='Deader2818']People act like 360 and ps3 werent "limited".

Some of it might be the company holding back, but at the same time, they can produce only so many units at once. cost, time, quality control, etc.[/QUOTE]

They weren't. PS3 was hot for two weeks, but was readily available on store shelves before Christmas. 360 was never hard to find.

[quote name='chimpmeister']:applause: What a brilliant plan; you sir are a genius!!![/QUOTE]
They'll knock the price down During the PS4 launch by $100 and continue to sell.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']I would do everything I could to get that person fired. Write to corporate, call the manager multiple times to complain, etc. They need to pay for that kind of unprofessionalism.[/QUOTE]

The manager was there manning the register when this happened and just stood by, but I will take this into consideration and contact corporate, wouldn't be the first time, thanks.

[quote name='Linkgx1']They'll knock the price down During the PS4 launch by $100 and continue to sell.[/QUOTE]

Can I quote you on that? Oops, I just did . . . we'll see!! :cool:

[quote name='therealdanhill']I preordered from KMart. I have little to no hope of getting it lol.

Is it worth the bad press they could get for not making enough and basically creating a high-priced secondary market? I'm sure it is lol. I also think there will be another wave of them right at the turn of the year, maybe even a week before Christmas. I mean they gotta be pumping them out gangbusters at this point in their factories, but if there is a huge demand after the initial release, with people itching to buy, I have to imagine they would want those extra Christmas sales.

And then, once everyone is buzzing about it after Christmas, you get the next wave of people who were undecided/saw it in action and decided to buy/waiting on Christmas money. Let those people wait till February to get it to increase the demand, and there ya go. Gives them a whole month or more to make more systems.

But, things probably won't go that easy lol[/QUOTE]
I don't think it's Nintendo trying to create a shortage, I think they are producing these as fast as they can. It's the manufacturer who probably wont be able to ramp up production fast enough to get it done. I think they are using foxconn who is also doing the iPhone 5 so yeah, this is gonna be hell.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Can I quote you on that? Oops, I just did . . . we'll see!! :cool:[/QUOTE]

You better put it in your sig!

Edit: actually this is assuming we don't get a new console next year. This should only work in 2014 based on my analysis.

[quote name='chimpmeister']:applause: What a brilliant plan; you sir are a genius!!![/QUOTE]

Why the mods let you continue to troll this (and every other nintendo) thread I do not understand.

[quote name='confoosious']Why the mods let you continue to troll this thread I do not understand.[/QUOTE]

Not as bad as the Mac rumors forum I'm dealing with right mow. Let him troll. We will see why happens in a year or two. I'm a patient man for shady folk!

[quote name='Linkgx1']Not as bad as the Mac rumors forum I'm dealing with right mow. Let him troll. We will see why happens in a year or two. I'm a patient man for shady folk![/QUOTE]

You're on macrumors.com? Love the site but their forums are full of idiots during product launches.

Pretty helpful for hardware and software issues though.

[quote name='confoosious']You're on macrumors.com? Love the site but their forums are full of idiots during product launches.

Pretty helpful for hardware and software issues though.[/QUOTE]

Lol yes! There are idiots on there now.:p

I can see the future

*By October 18th this will turn into a "I sold my on ebay for X" or "they are in stock of cheapdiscountwiiusystem.com!" thread.....*

[quote name='merchie89']I can see the future

*By October 18th this will turn into a "I sold my on ebay for X" or "they are in stock of cheapdiscountwiiusystem.com!" thread.....*[/QUOTE]

I can't wait to see this thread on November 18th. "I wasted 10 hours in the freezing wind and came home empty handed"

[quote name='Deader2818']What was that website that was tracking the Wii when it came out and who had it in stock? I remember checking that site every day, lol.[/QUOTE]

Wii alerts.com

[quote name='Josh5890']I can't wait to see this thread on November 18th. "I wasted 10 hours in the freezing wind and came home empty handed"[/QUOTE]

Only 10 hours? They shouldn't expect to get anything on launch day with consoles unless they're 24+ hours, everyone else after that is just hopeful.

[quote name='Belarr']Only 10 hours? They shouldn't expect to get anything on launch day with consoles unless they're 24+ hours, everyone else after that is just hopeful.[/QUOTE]

I dont get why anyone who would camp out that long for a console wouldnt pre-order it....

[quote name='dgwillia006']I dont get why anyone who would camp out that long for a console wouldnt pre-order it....[/QUOTE]
Maybe it's because some of us have a life. We can't drop everything to run to a store and pre order on day 1 when Nintendo and their little games suddenly decide we annouce it now. And it sells out that day, no control over it, I have other things to do. If Nintendo wants to play it this way again, I won't get one for two years like the Wii. It's BS but thats life.

Preordering at Walmart.com? Ugh, why am I caving into ordering this stupid thing...

Edit: An extra $30 for shipping/tax? lol screw that, I'll wait and buy it in New Hampshire

[quote name='dgwillia006']I dont get why anyone who would camp out that long for a console wouldnt pre-order it....[/QUOTE]

You'd be surprised how many people are late to the game but still want in on the action. Target on console launch day is a feeding frenzy, tame compared to Best Buy though. They had 30 consoles for the Wii I believe and the only people who got them had been there for 48 to 24 hours.

[quote name='Josh5890']I can't wait to see this thread on November 18th. "I wasted 10 hours in the freezing wind and came home empty handed"[/QUOTE]
One can hope this turns out like the 3DS launch where people who preordered got systems but anyone who walked into Wal Mart got one too because there were plenty available.

[quote name='tightclaws']Maybe it's because some of us have a life. We can't drop everything to run to a store and pre order on day 1 when Nintendo and their little games suddenly decide we annouce it now. And it sells out that day, no control over it, I have other things to do. If Nintendo wants to play it this way again, I won't get one for two years like the Wii. It's BS but thats life.[/QUOTE]

In all fairness, they announced they were going to have a press conference like, 2-3 weeks before.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I don't think it's Nintendo trying to create a shortage, I think they are producing these as fast as they can. It's the manufacturer who probably wont be able to ramp up production fast enough to get it done. I think they are using foxconn who is also doing the iPhone 5 so yeah, this is gonna be hell.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but either way I'd think they would have to have a large batch ready to ship, so to build up to that point it would take some time. Works to their benefit. I just think if they already started pumping them out, they'll be able to have another small batch before Christmas for the US.

[quote name='tightclaws']Maybe it's because some of us have a life. We can't drop everything to run to a store and pre order on day 1 when Nintendo and their little games suddenly decide we annouce it now. And it sells out that day, no control over it, I have other things to do. If Nintendo wants to play it this way again, I won't get one for two years like the Wii. It's BS but thats life.[/QUOTE]

So you don't have the time to put down a preorder but you do have the time to wait hours/days in line at launch? The weekend before Thanksgiving/BF? :bs:

Also, the press conference was announced weeks in advance and the release date had leaked numerous times...it's not like this was out of the blue.

I'm tempted to put in a pre-order at Walmart.com because I have a feeling I will be screwed over by Best Buy. I did an in-store pickup for the deluxe system when it was available online.

[quote name='Deader2818']In all fairness, they announced they were going to have a press conference like, 2-3 weeks before.[/QUOTE]

There was atleast 1 full day of time to pre-order. And after Gamestop went, anyone should have been able to know that other retailers would start/sell out soon....

And the conference was known for almost a month in advance.

[quote name='oasisboy']Ebay's stock will go up this quarter due to WiiU sales![/QUOTE]

Why give ebay / poypal money when you can list on craigslist for free?

This thread reminded me of when I first got my Wii. A few weeks after launch I went to a Best Buy and asked if they had any in stock--of course, they didn't. So I went to one other Best Buy. I asked. The guy said "Sorry out of stock", when at that moment another BB employee walked right past me holding the Wii console and nothing else. I asked if I could buy it and he said yeah. Apparently he was just bringing it in, having received it not moments ago. And this is when NO ONE could get their hands on it. This made the list of luckiest moments in my life.

[quote name='RiPPn']Why give ebay / poypal money when you can list on craigslist for free?[/QUOTE]

Because there are a ton of shady people on Craigslist, and you could be robbed? Nah, never happens . . . . :roll:

There has been news of Nintendo's upcoming press conference that would announce the price/date for a while. Don't get upset because you weren't paying attention.

[quote name='therealdanhill']Yeah, but either way I'd think they would have to have a large batch ready to ship, so to build up to that point it would take some time. Works to their benefit. I just think if they already started pumping them out, they'll be able to have another small batch before Christmas for the US.[/QUOTE]
I believe they will get a few shipments out before Christmas, at least 2-3 more besides the launch window. Nintendo is smart, they know they just can't leave wasted holiday potential out the window. They want this to be the holiday item and well they are not that dumb to just have one shipment I would believe.

I spend like 5-10 minutes a day reading gaming/tech sites and whatnot during my breaks/lunch. It's not hard to just check joystiq every day, and besides gamestop.com had preorders on the 32gb for like 3 days.

They will have a trickle of console shipments to the retailers but your not going to find them in stock sitting on the shelves before Christmas. The scenario will be a delivery truck comes in with 10-20 units and they are sold as soon as they bring them in. Just my opinion of what will happen....again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back