Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't resist. I just preordered walmart deluxe bundle with black pro controller. I almost ordered yesterday but just could not bring myself to pay for another wii mote considering how many I have. Now with the pro controller offered as an option for $10 more I jumped on it. Mario Wii U game too. Delievery 11-21 - 11-29th I think is what it said. I really wanted a white one but I wanted nintendo land too and the extra 24 gigs of memory will probably save me from ever having to buy a memory card. I like supporting nintendo and I like having an early system off the line.

I bought a ps3 bundle off of Walmart.com at launch and was able to return everything that came with the bundle in store without a problem. There was nothing indicating it was a package deal on the receipt. things could have changed since then though.

I'm excited for it, just seems so expensive for what it is though. Like 500 bucks for the system, 2 games, and a Pro controller. Never thought I would spend half a grand on a Nintendo console.

[quote name='ps2emotions']I couldn't resist. I just preordered walmart deluxe bundle with black pro controller. I almost ordered yesterday but just could not bring myself to pay for another wii mote considering how many I have. Now with the pro controller offered as an option for $10 more I jumped on it. Mario Wii U game too. Delievery 11-21 - 11-29th I think is what it said. I really wanted a white one but I wanted nintendo land too and the extra 24 gigs of memory will probably save me from ever having to buy a memory card. I like supporting nintendo and I like having an early system off the line.[/QUOTE]

Argh, I'm so close to pulling the trigger on this. You could easily sell the Pro controller for $40 right after launch and only be out $10 for convenience. The only issue is that you're not going to have the system on launch day. Worse yet, you're probably not going to have you system for Thanksgiving weekend.

Or I could just ignore all the bonuses with the premium and stick with the Best Buy pre-order for the standard. Nintendo is really going to shoot themselves in the foot if the premium membership that comes with the deluxe model offers any benefits outside of that 10% off.

I could see the pro controller being very difficult to find before Christmas. Back when the wii launched, the wii motes were really scarce and almost as hard to get as the system. I don't know enough about the wii u to know what games are designed for which controllers though.

[quote name='ProppaT']Argh, I'm so close to pulling the trigger on this. You could easily sell the Pro controller for $40 right after launch and only be out $10 for convenience. The only issue is that you're not going to have the system on launch day. Worse yet, you're probably not going to have you system for Thanksgiving weekend.

Or I could just ignore all the bonuses with the premium and stick with the Best Buy pre-order for the standard. Nintendo is really going to shoot themselves in the foot if the premium membership that comes with the deluxe model offers any benefits outside of that 10% off.[/QUOTE]

You can not select the wii motion plus controllers from the walmart solution bundle any longer. I just placed my order for the deluxe/lego/pro controller combo. All is said and done, $500.

[quote name='ProppaT'] Nintendo is really going to shoot themselves in the foot if the premium membership that comes with the deluxe model offers any benefits outside of that 10% off.[/QUOTE]
If the premium membership is only ten percent off purchases, I'll be wicked disappointed. With such a huge catalog, they should be giving some games away like PS+.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I think stores know how many they are supposed to get roughly. I mean if stores didn't know how much they were going to get, and then they took 25 extra preorders, there would be fights, angry shoppers, and just an overall bad experience. I seriously think that Nintendo is trying to avoid the negative PR like that, or so I hope.[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt stores have any stores have any clue how many they are supposed to get this far out, that's why pre-orders are "sold out", they're using caution just in case there is some kind of shortage, that way they don't get screwed.

I don't think it's 10% off purchases, but a 10% rebate on eshop purchases. Not the same thing at all. I suspect that's all this is, but I"ll take it. A little back is better than nothing. I hope they have a good download library, with demos for everything and all that good stuff.

[quote name='ProppaT']Argh, I'm so close to pulling the trigger on this. You could easily sell the Pro controller for $40 right after launch and only be out $10 for convenience. The only issue is that you're not going to have the system on launch day. Worse yet, you're probably not going to have you system for Thanksgiving weekend.

Or I could just ignore all the bonuses with the premium and stick with the Best Buy pre-order for the standard. Nintendo is really going to shoot themselves in the foot if the premium membership that comes with the deluxe model offers any benefits outside of that 10% off.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I would like to have it on launch day but I'm afraid if I don't preorder one now then I might not be able to get one until early 2013. I was just reading that china and japan are having troubles and japanese factories are being shut down in china which supply parts for nintendo consoles. This might make the Wii u nearly impossible to find for months. Now I read this after preordering so it really didn't weigh in on my decision to preorder. What did was I remember when the wii launched and I didn't try to get one on launch day and ended up being jan or feb 2007 before I could find one and even then I lucked up and was in walmart and they had 2 behind the counter fixing to put them out. Then things were different I must admit but you have to remember that their were other new systems then too to choose from. Now the Wii U will be the latest greatest for at least a year so that may make it even harder to find even with the rough economic times. I'd suggest you at least buy the basic from best buy because if you changed your mind on wanting it you could always flip it or give it away as a xmas gift.

[quote name='ezgoer24']Nintendoland for $60 is a hard sell.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say that. We know relatively little about it. There are no reviews. We don't know how much they will pack into the game.

I assume it will be one of the better launch games because it is a 1st party game, because it will show off everything the new console can do and because Nintendo has positioned it as the flagship title of the Wii U.

Now if you game alone in your living room then I understand how it could be a harder sell as local multiplayer is what Nintendo has been showing off in the game. But since resale value of 1st party titles is generally very good then you have little to lose especially since you get the game in the deluxe package for $50 along with more storage, stands and the mysterious digital membership.

I just got thinking. Since my tv just has one hdmi port, and my wii is hooked up component video input as well as my 360. My ps3 is using the 1 hdmi port. The Wii U will use the component hookup but it won't let me play mario cart using my gamecube controllers. Same goes with smash bros. So for now I decided I will keep my wii hooked up alongside the Wii U. So the easiest way to do this is buy a hdmi switch and I found one on amazon for $8.91 free shipping with 4 out of 5 stars. Comes with a remote too so instead of putting wear and tear on my wii u with wii games I will just use wii u for wii u games only for the time being. Here is link to the switch if anyone else is having a similar issue or just wants a good inexpensive hdmi switch. http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-High-Pe...F8&qid=1347980691&sr=8-1&keywords=hdmi+switch

[quote name='ps2emotions']Yeah, I would like to have it on launch day but I'm afraid if I don't preorder one now then I might not be able to get one until early 2013. I was just reading that china and japan are having troubles and japanese factories are being shut down in china which supply parts for nintendo consoles. This might make the Wii u nearly impossible to find for months. Now I read this after preordering so it really didn't weigh in on my decision to preorder. What did was I remember when the wii launched and I didn't try to get one on launch day and ended up being jan or feb 2007 before I could find one and even then I lucked up and was in walmart and they had 2 behind the counter fixing to put them out. Then things were different I must admit but you have to remember that their were other new systems then too to choose from. Now the Wii U will be the latest greatest for at least a year so that may make it even harder to find even with the rough economic times. I'd suggest you at least buy the basic from best buy because if you changed your mind on wanting it you could always flip it or give it away as a xmas gift.[/QUOTE]

Do you think the basics will go for much of a markup? Cant you still preorder those at gamestop or did they cut those off too?

[quote name='therealdanhill']If the premium membership is only ten percent off purchases, I'll be wicked disappointed. With such a huge catalog, they should be giving some games away like PS+.[/QUOTE]

Well, Nintendo has already stated that the Premium Membership is a Deluxe only thing...i.e., you can't "buy" a membership. That's why i'm saying...if it ends up being more than the 10% rebate on store purchases, they're shooting themselves in the foot. They'll have a lot of unhappy customers that would have bought the Deluxe if it were available.

Then again, if Nintendo was actually transparent with their plans, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Do you think the basics will go for much of a markup? Cant you still preorder those at gamestop or did they cut those off too?[/QUOTE]

I think the basics will be in high demand as well because really most would buy it if they can't get anything else instead of waiting for months to find a deluxe. If you are any bit indecisive about a wii u at this point I would preorder because while at first I didn't think it would be too hot an item now I'm thinking it will be big since it will be the most advanced gaming console available for at least a year (probably more like 2 years). Last I read gamestop had stopped taking preorders on all Wii U packages but I'd call to see because things seem to be changing hour to hour.

[quote name='ps2emotions']I think the basics will be in high demand as well because really most would buy it if they can't get anything else instead of waiting for months to find a deluxe. If you are any bit indecisive about a wii u at this point I would preorder because while at first I didn't think it would be too hot an item now I'm thinking it will be big since it will be the most advanced gaming console available for at least a year (probably more like 2 years). Last I read gamestop had stopped taking preorders on all Wii U packages but I'd call to see because things seem to be changing hour to hour.[/QUOTE]

I am still indecisive about the Wii U, but I have 1 of each pre-ordered at Gamestop. Leaning toward keeping the deluxe but I don't know if I should cancel my basic or what. I have time to decide.

wow,

How many want to play it and how many want to sell it... its like the PS3 hype too many resellers got burned trying to sell and then returned. You do realize its well known that these systems can make money and resellers scoop them up to compete with others.. so it will flood the market with them.

[quote name='ps2emotions']I think the basics will be in high demand as well because really most would buy it if they can't get anything else instead of waiting for months to find a deluxe. If you are any bit indecisive about a wii u at this point I would preorder because while at first I didn't think it would be too hot an item now I'm thinking it will be big since it will be the most advanced gaming console available for at least a year (probably more like 2 years). Last I read gamestop had stopped taking preorders on all Wii U packages but I'd call to see because things seem to be changing hour to hour.[/QUOTE]

They would probably have just enough of both versions of the console if it wasn't for flippers pre-ordering one at every store, creating an artificial drought, and selling them at a ridiculous markup.

[quote name='InFlames215']I tried adding one of the premium sets to my cart and wouldn't let me.

Ah well. I already got my Deluxe preorder in, I was just testing it this one to see if it worked.[/QUOTE]

Yeah right, flipper.

I just ordered a delux bundle from Walmart With Zombie U and Black controller an extra $14 in shipping not too bad. So you see all big defenders I was planning on buying it, but not going through the hassle. Since Walmart added the Pro controller instead of a Wii Remote I went for it. I can always sell it if I change my mind. :) HAHAHAHA

Anyone preorder at Target? Beware, I called yesterday asking about when I would be charged, if there was a preauthorization charge going on my card, etc. Was told their would be a hold of funds for the entire two months, till it ships, but it was just a preauthorization charge???? But, she then told me I wouldn't be charged till it shipped?? I asked for a copy of the policy on the website, and she couldn't give me one. The lady told me I couldn't even cancel my order at this point. I would have to tell UPS or Fedex to return their package, to get a refund? Does this make any flippin' sense?

[quote name='armandxp']Anyone preorder at Target? Beware, I called yesterday asking about when I would be charged, if there was a preauthorization charge going on my card, etc. Was told their would be a hold of funds for the entire two months, till it ships, but it was just a preauthorization charge???? But, she then told me I wouldn't be charged till it shipped?? I asked for a copy of the policy on the website, and she couldn't give me one. The lady told me I couldn't even cancel my order at this point. I would have to tell UPS or Fedex to return their package, to get a refund? Does this make any flippin' sense?[/QUOTE]

In the world of customer service, who you get on the phone can make a big difference in how the call goes. I don't know Target's policies, but if you don't get a good response here I would try calling again.

These will sell on the secondary market for nearly double the cost. They are already selling on eBay for $500+ . The same thing happened with the Xbox when it was released. Microsoft made a second shipment on December 18th. The units were selling on eBay for $850 - $1000 that year. Pre-orders were not taken for the 2nd shipment. My friend waited in line at BBY all night. I have a Sam's business card that allowed me access to the store 2 hours before regular card holders. My girlfriend & I strolled in ahead of the people queued up and walked out w/ 2 units.

I preordered 2 of the Wii-U deluxe units from the same store. The Deluxe unit seemed to be a better value. 1 will be a gift for my nephew and niece & I will keep the other.

I wonder what happens if you cancel a pre-order at Best Buy? Do they open it up for someone else, or does it just go poof? Wondering because I'm thinking more and more that we really shouldn't be spending the money this year. Sigh.

[quote name='paulwekiva']In the world of customer service, who you get on the phone can make a big difference in how the call goes. I don't know Target's policies, but if you don't get a good response here I would try calling again.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping to hear some insight on here before calling back. I purchased the Back to the Future trilogy a while back from Target, and it was out of stock, but would be back in stock in 2-3 weeks. They never charged me for it, until it actually shipped. I'm hearing the complete opposite, when I call them now and ask. I don't care if they do a funds check, but I don't want my money tied up for two months. I'm not that rich :)

[quote name='tightclaws']I just ordered a delux bundle from Walmart With Zombie U and Black controller an extra $14 in shipping not too bad. So you see all big defenders I was planning on buying it, but not going through the hassle. Since Walmart added the Pro controller instead of a Wii Remote I went for it. I can always sell it if I change my mind. :) HAHAHAHA[/QUOTE]

Balls, i kinda want the pro controller

Pro Controller looks pretty nice, but $50. I wish they used AA batteries instead of rechargeable. I'd much rather put my own Eneloops in them and the controllers would be cheaper.

My local GS is not accepting anymore preorders for either system.

Ah shit! I put my receipt in what I thought was a safe place in a top dresser drawer, but my 4 y/o daughter was playing and did something with it but she doesn't remember what. LOL

Considering I preordered the deluxe in store at Best Buy and it had my name on it, I assume they can reprint the receipt from my rwz account info.

I'll find out today after work.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']Ah shit! I put my receipt in what I thought was a safe place in a top dresser drawer, but my 4 y/o daughter was playing and did something with it but she doesn't remember what. LOL

Considering I preordered the deluxe in store at Best Buy and it had my name on it, I assume they can reprint the receipt from my rwz account info.

I'll find out today after work.[/QUOTE]

If its tied to your rewards zone account they will have no problem looking it up and printing you a new receipt

I am really eating my words. I never thought the Wii U would command the same demand that the Wii had back in 06. Kinda regretting not putting in that preorder for a deluxe at BB right about now...

[quote name='Zazoo']If its tied to your rewards zone account they will have no problem looking it up and printing you a new receipt[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']I am really eating my words. I never thought the Wii U would command the same demand that the Wii had back in 06. Kinda regretting not putting in that preorder for a deluxe at BB right about now...[/QUOTE]
Don't kick yourself just yet. This is only holiday time cash and scramble mentality. If it's still sold out EVERYWHERE come next march or april, then you can start eating your words. LOL

[quote name='armandxp']Anyone preorder at Target? Beware, I called yesterday asking about when I would be charged, if there was a preauthorization charge going on my card, etc. Was told their would be a hold of funds for the entire two months, till it ships, but it was just a preauthorization charge???? But, she then told me I wouldn't be charged till it shipped?? I asked for a copy of the policy on the website, and she couldn't give me one. The lady told me I couldn't even cancel my order at this point. I would have to tell UPS or Fedex to return their package, to get a refund? Does this make any flippin' sense?[/QUOTE]

This can be confusing, but the CS answered correctly. Basically, they do a "pre-authorization" to ensure that your card actually has a credit limit that will enable this purchase. For example, if my card was maxed, even though I'm not spending a dime right now, it would come back denied because there's no room in the limit to add a Wii U.

This means you are NOT charged right now. But depending on your card company there may be a "hold" on the card to ensure the funds are still available within the limit at the time it ships. That way you don't get to shipping day and get an email saying "cancelled. funds weren't available after all."

Then you will actually be CHARGED on the day it ships. So for billing purposes, the bill for Wii U would be due some time after November 18th as opposed to next month because of September pre-order.

Hope that all makes sense!

[quote name='armandxp']I'm hoping to hear some insight on here before calling back. I purchased the Back to the Future trilogy a while back from Target, and it was out of stock, but would be back in stock in 2-3 weeks. They never charged me for it, until it actually shipped. I'm hearing the complete opposite, when I call them now and ask. I don't care if they do a funds check, but I don't want my money tied up for two months. I'm not that rich :)[/QUOTE]

Just replied to you. But simply: yes the funds are tied up. But for billing purposes you haven't spent them yet.
Example: I put my 2 Wii U's on my Amex
Credit Limit: $16k
Current Pre-authorized (For Wii U's): $800
Available credit: $15,200

So the bill won't be due until after November because I haven't actually been charged, but the available credit is lower because they have to maintain that the funds WILL BE available.

I pre-ordered from Best Buy online, with in-store pickup. Supposedly with launch-day pick-up. The one question I have is - I used just my credit card for the pre-order, but I'd prefer to use some gift cards to pay for the purchase. (I didn't have the gift cards on me when I was doing the pre-order and was afraid to wait until I did have them because I knew they'd close pre-orders before long). In my previous experience, I was told that I could not alter the form of payment for an in-store pick up item. Is that correct?

I do understand it automatically charges my card when you I do a pre-order, but it seems like it shouldn't be that big of a deal to change it at the store? I'd guess they'd have to ring it as a return and ring it is a new purchase - would there be a problem doing that with an in-demand item like this?

I already have plenty of Wiimotes...but would it be incredibly lazy to buy more just so I don't have to constantly re-synch between the two consoles depending on what I want to play? LOL

[quote name='speedracer216']Just replied to you. But simply: yes the funds are tied up. But for billing purposes you haven't spent them yet.
Example: I put my 2 Wii U's on my Amex
Credit Limit: $16k
Current Pre-authorized (For Wii U's): $800
Available credit: $15,200

So the bill won't be due until after November because I haven't actually been charged, but the available credit is lower because they have to maintain that the funds WILL BE available.[/QUOTE]
Yep, that's how it works for credit cards.

But if you use a debit card... those authorization holds, put a hold on the money in your account so it basically seems like it's already charged. Some stores only do a 3-5 day hold though, while others hold the money until the order is shipped.

Anyways, if you can, always try to use a credit card for pre-orders not a debit card, and your money won't be tied up.

[quote name='Drclaw411']I already have plenty of Wiimotes...but would it be incredibly lazy to buy more just so I don't have to constantly re-synch between the two consoles depending on what I want to play? LOL[/QUOTE]
Think that's how I ended up with so many wiimotes.

My two white ones are synced to one console just for Ghost Squad. I like to dual wield in that game:twoguns:. Never even take'em out of the gun shell
Poor scores, but really fun to go all John Woo:D

[quote name='speedracer216']This can be confusing, but the CS answered correctly. Basically, they do a "pre-authorization" to ensure that your card actually has a credit limit that will enable this purchase. For example, if my card was maxed, even though I'm not spending a dime right now, it would come back denied because there's no room in the limit to add a Wii U.

This means you are NOT charged right now. But depending on your card company there may be a "hold" on the card to ensure the funds are still available within the limit at the time it ships. That way you don't get to shipping day and get an email saying "cancelled. funds weren't available after all."

Then you will actually be CHARGED on the day it ships. So for billing purposes, the bill for Wii U would be due some time after November 18th as opposed to next month because of September pre-order.

Hope that all makes sense![/QUOTE]

Understood most of that. The only thing I really had a question on is, I don't mind the preauthorization to check for the funds, but will this fall off in 3-5 days, or will it stay on there until it ships around Nov. 18th? When I've preordered in the past with Best Buy, they did this, so there wasn't a hold on the funds for the entire waiting period, just to check in the beginning, and then finalizing when shipping. I mean if they are going to hold this preauth on my account for two months, why not just final charge me and be done with it. It really doesn't matter either way, I just really don't like having that much cash held up for such a long period of time, especially when there is no disclosure for this on their website....But, I'll keep it anyways. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back