Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wohomerhoo']3DS XL is being sold by Amazon now. I hope that is a sign that Wii U is coming.[/QUOTE]

I almost wonder if there are any units left to allocate to Amazon even if they want to sell it.

[quote name='drakma676']GameStop said that they are working with nintendo to get more wiius to open up more preorders.[/QUOTE]

Of course they are. GS LOVES preorders, so they will want as many of these things available as possible. Nintendo rarely seems to listen to anything from anybody about anything though so I wouldn't be surprised if GS's requests fell on deaf ears.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I am still indecisive about the Wii U, but I have 1 of each pre-ordered at Gamestop. Leaning toward keeping the deluxe but I don't know if I should cancel my basic or what. I have time to decide.[/QUOTE]

If it were me I would probably cancel the basic preorder allowing someone else to get one who otherwise might would have to wait a few extra weeks. As far as flipping it who knows because nintendo might really up the supply through the holidays and there may be enough to supply the demand to the point they won't be doing much on ebay. On the other hand I'm sure you might know someone who would want one for xmas too so there's always that. Tough decision either way in these tough economic times.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Of course they are. GS LOVES preorders, so they will want as many of these things available as possible. Nintendo rarely seems to listen to anything from anybody about anything though so I wouldn't be surprised if GS's requests fell on deaf ears.[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling it will fall on deaf ears for the time being because seems walmart must be getting a lot of units allocated to them. I know the preorder status keeps changing there so walmart must be working hard with nintendo. I still can't believe people have been able to preorder the bundle with the pro controller as late as noon today and I've not checked the walmart site recently to see if it still shows shipping date of 11/18. Either walmart is really confident in the number of units they will have or are willing to risk having a Wii U riot on their hands come the 18th. Seems all these console launches should be pretty predictable at this point but each turns out to be totally unique. Be interesting to see how this one turns out nonetheless.

[quote name='ps2emotions']If it were me I would probably cancel the basic preorder allowing someone else to get one who otherwise might would have to wait a few extra weeks. As far as flipping it who knows because nintendo might really up the supply through the holidays and there may be enough to supply the demand to the point they won't be doing much on ebay. On the other hand I'm sure you might know someone who would want one for xmas too so there's always that. Tough decision either way in these tough economic times.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if I wasn't paying all with Gamestop credit I wouldn't be getting it. Funny thing is even after buying the system, NSMBU and Zombie U, I'll still have $700 credit I'll save for NextBox of PS4.

I more than likely won't flip the system. I'm keeping both pre-orders now just because I'm still undecided on whether I want Nintendoland. If I go for the deluxe, I'll just cancel the basic. I dont want to deal with selling it and I doubt there's be more than $75 profit or so after ebay/paypal fees from selling it online. I'd rather just see it go to someone else who wants it...hopefully not a scalper lol.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Of course they are. GS LOVES preorders, so they will want as many of these things available as possible. Nintendo rarely seems to listen to anything from anybody about anything though so I wouldn't be surprised if GS's requests fell on deaf ears.[/QUOTE]
It could be Nintendo started low with their stock estimates to make sure they had enough to cover preorders and now they have a realistic number of consoles made, so they are hopefully going to get more.

[quote name='imacjenn']I pre-ordered from Best Buy online, with in-store pickup. Supposedly with launch-day pick-up. The one question I have is - I used just my credit card for the pre-order, but I'd prefer to use some gift cards to pay for the purchase. (I didn't have the gift cards on me when I was doing the pre-order and was afraid to wait until I did have them because I knew they'd close pre-orders before long). In my previous experience, I was told that I could not alter the form of payment for an in-store pick up item. Is that correct?

I do understand it automatically charges my card when you I do a pre-order, but it seems like it shouldn't be that big of a deal to change it at the store? I'd guess they'd have to ring it as a return and ring it is a new purchase - would there be a problem doing that with an in-demand item like this?[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as you. My plan is to pick it up and ask them to do a return/repurchase. I don't see why they would have any problem with this.

I sure Hope Walmart does not send a game and the pro controller and say the system is back ordered. I will be pissed off. I know they do these things if they split ship it. I'm hoping it all ships together in one box.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']It could be Nintendo started low with their stock estimates to make sure they had enough to cover preorders and now they have a realistic number of consoles made, so they are hopefully going to get more.[/QUOTE]
I was thinking along those lines and it's why I asked the question below that no one answered.

[quote name='klimb22']I never bought any system at launch and never really payed attention to release dates. Is this >2 months from pre-order to launch for the WiiU the longest pre-order window for a system to date? I ask this because this seems like more than enough time for Nintendo to manufacture more units to meet demand. [/QUOTE]

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Yeah, if I wasn't paying all with Gamestop credit I wouldn't be getting it. Funny thing is even after buying the system, NSMBU and Zombie U, I'll still have $700 credit I'll save for NextBox of PS4.

I more than likely won't flip the system. I'm keeping both pre-orders now just because I'm still undecided on whether I want Nintendoland. If I go for the deluxe, I'll just cancel the basic. I dont want to deal with selling it and I doubt there's be more than $75 profit or so after ebay/paypal fees from selling it online. I'd rather just see it go to someone else who wants it...hopefully not a scalper lol.[/QUOTE]

How you get so much credit? I need to learn da ways!

[quote name='WesWarlord']I'm in the same boat as you. My plan is to pick it up and ask them to do a return/repurchase. I don't see why they would have any problem with this.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I also asked about this when the preorders first started. The consensus seemed to be the worse case scenario (if they don't let you cancel the store pickup and buy it with credit for some reason) is you actually complete the store pickup, then bring it in the next day and do the return/rebuy.

[quote name='kayne2000']so question....can i preorder accessories at gamestop like the controller or whatever else???[/QUOTE]

Even if you could, I probably wouldn't bother. 75% of these pre-orders are going to flippers it seems. I'm thinking we're going to be good on accessories and games.

[quote name='ProppaT']Even if you could, I probably wouldn't bother. 75% of these pre-orders are going to flippers it seems. I'm thinking we're going to be good on accessories and games.[/QUOTE]

Maybe thats why the Walmart bundle has not sold out they make you spend an extra $100 but I was going to anyway.

Purchasing the Deluxe set also includes membership in the "Deluxe Digital Promotion," which rewards points for digital purchases that can later be used to buy eShop wares. The basic Wii U set does not have the as a bullet point.

[quote name='klimb22']I was thinking along those lines and it's why I asked the question below that no one answered.[/QUOTE]

I was going to say no. I think Gamestop started preorders for 3DS in January, a full 2 months before the system was released. Here's a post I made about it: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283707

Consoles though I can only say maybe. Hopefully someone who remember better than me can say when the 4th generation and before did preorders. Wii and PS3 preorders were done a month before they came out, plus a few days.

[quote name='Dr. Dib']I was going to say no. I think Gamestop started preorders for 3DS in January, a full 2 months before the system was released. Here's a post I made about it: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283707

Consoles though I can only say maybe. Hopefully someone who remember better than me can say when the 4th generation and before did preorders. Wii and PS3 preorders were done a month before they came out, plus a few days.[/QUOTE]
I did a preorder for my Wii about 2 months prior. The Xbox was also about 2 months, but I came late and was number 48 in the store. I managed to get the Xbox on Xmas eve after release. The ps1 and 2 were impossible to get at first, and I was too late to preorder. Well, actually I would have been on a waiting list over 100 deep for the ps2. I am amazed they even took a list of that high of a number. The n64 I was lucky to find a month after release as stores in my area got 1-2 in at a time. I cannot remember a console launch that did not have a shortage. Well, ps3's were easy to get only a few weeks after launch (the price helped that) in my area. I would always see one in taget.

I suspect the wii-u to be hard to find until middle of January. My thoughts on the topic.

The Best Buy in Deptford New Jersey is no longer taking pre-orders for either console. I asked and they said they will be doing midnight release and they "should" be able to cover all pre-orders that were placed.

If they don't have enough, you're pre-order will carry over to the next shipment.

I just happened to check my best buy in store preorder on the reward zone website where it lists all your transactions and point purchases. The strange thing is that the online receipt for the purchase shows the preorder for a "test SKU" for store # whatever. The printed receipt says Wii U 32GB but it seems weird that the website would say something different like that. I had to call customer service about something separate and asked about it and they said it was supposed to say that. Does it appear that way for you guys as well?

[quote name='Linkgx1']How you get so much credit? I need to learn da ways![/QUOTE]

hardcore flipping most likely and thus too time consuming. either that he took advantage of a promotion and just unloaded his collection

[quote name='ProppaT']Even if you could, I probably wouldn't bother. 75% of these pre-orders are going to flippers it seems. I'm thinking we're going to be good on accessories and games.[/QUOTE]

hmm just slightly worried as i know controllers were hard as hell to find during the wii launch and for quite a while afterwards.

it really is hard to say how many of these systems are flippers or not.

[quote name='confoosious']Why are people who are so concerned about preauthorization holds spending $300 on a console?

Don't they have other concerns?[/QUOTE]

going to need a lot of popcorn for the reaction this will get even if i do agree.

Pre Ordered Through Walmart, this morning got the Deluxe bundle and decided to get a couple of games. My wife really wanted new super mario bros so I caved and I got pikmin 3 which will prolly not be out till January. Notice this When I go to walmart site and click on the deluxe bundle it says "sold out online" So I dunno :/

[quote name='confoosious']Why are people who are so concerned about preauthorization holds spending $300 on a console?

Don't they have other concerns?[/QUOTE]Some people probably have to save up before release and don't want to have money tied up. Seems like a good enough reason, no?

[quote name='ebucel']Dr. who wiimote as posted above: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH9yQDZ6xZk

http://www.amazon.com/Ocean-Doctor-...7978291&sr=8-1&keywords=doctor+who+wii+remote[/QUOTE]

[quote name='rockstarnati']OMG! I'm all over this. I'm ordering one of these for sure![/QUOTE]

I know!! I'm not evening going to use it I just want it to display LOL

[quote name='stormshadow88']I just happened to check my best buy in store preorder on the reward zone website where it lists all your transactions and point purchases. The strange thing is that the online receipt for the purchase shows the preorder for a "test SKU" for store # whatever. The printed receipt says Wii U 32GB but it seems weird that the website would say something different like that. I had to call customer service about something separate and asked about it and they said it was supposed to say that. Does it appear that way for you guys as well?[/QUOTE]

Mine says the same thing on my rewards account

I was beginning to wonder this myself. It seems like a good 25% of the posts in this thread are people worrying about whether or not a hold of $300-400 will show up on their credit card...I'd think if you were straddling the debt line that closely (or even already over it) a half thousand dollar investment in a video game console wouldn't really be a smart call. I mean it is your money to spend how you want but c'mon now.

[quote name='croqoa']I was beginning to wonder this myself. It seems like a good 25% of the posts in this thread are people worrying about whether or not a hold of $300-400 will show up on their credit card...I'd think if you were straddling the debt line that closely (or even already over it) a half thousand dollar investment in a video game console wouldn't really be a smart call. I mean it is your money to spend how you want but c'mon now.[/QUOTE]

Paycheck to paycheck high school and/or college folks might have to plan ahead to make that money available, rather than just dropping it all right now.

^ But that's just the thing, a pre-authorization is not "dropping it all right now".

[quote name='croqoa']I was beginning to wonder this myself. It seems like a good 25% of the posts in this thread are people worrying about whether or not a hold of $300-400 will show up on their credit card...I'd think if you were straddling the debt line that closely (or even already over it) a half thousand dollar investment in a video game console wouldn't really be a smart call. I mean it is your money to spend how you want but c'mon now.[/QUOTE]

But the hold is not even an actual charge - it is just a hold on your credit limit. So this should only effect people who are close to pushing their credit limits. And yeah, in that case, I'd say maybe hold off on the big purchases. What I don't get are the people saying it will tie up money for 2 months - eh? Unless that is how debit cards actually work - don't know, never use 'em. If that is the case, well, then I could see not wanting to do that. The way to go in that case would have been with a GS preorder where you could put $25 down and then pay it off as you can over the next 2 months.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to the Nintendo Store today and there was only "a couple" of deluxe pre-orders left and they assured me you are guaranteed the system if you pre-order and pick it up on launch day. Score!

Some of you are too worked up over Walmart still having bundles. Walmart.com is one of the most behind the times retail store's website in the USA. They don't have the same prices as their stores. They still haven't got their store pickup system working right. My account does not work with any credit card with I ship something(PayPal ,lalways works, and any CC will always work with site to store) and they ignore my support requests. They shipped me a single 25x25x1 air filter in a 65x40x6 box. How the crap is that efficient?

[quote name='6er']Some of you are too worked up over Walmart still having bundles. Walmart.com is one of the most behind the times retail store's website in the USA. They don't have the same prices as their stores. They still haven't got their store pickup system working right. My account does not work with any credit card with I ship something(PayPal ,lalways works, and any CC will always work with site to store) and they ignore my support requests. They shipped me a single 25x25x1 air filter in a 65x40x6 box. How the crap is that efficient?[/QUOTE]

who knows but wal mart brings in the money. again wal mart is probably going to be that place to get a wii u by waiting in line for ages just because they are so behind the times and dont do in store preorders normally.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Paycheck to paycheck high school and/or college folks might have to plan ahead to make that money available, rather than just dropping it all right now.[/QUOTE]

while i am truly guilty of what i am about to say and not taking my own advice it would in general be a far wiser thing to hold off on such things if one has to save and barely get 500 dollars or even 300 dollars. a broke high school student or college student would be far better off buying a wii or ps3 or xbox 360 bundle quite frankly.

the smart man would say screw it and save up and invest for the future as opposed to getting the newest shiny toy.

the real problem is the world in general and especially america is a nation of debt these days. we quite frankly have very little self control when it comes to spending. so it is not entirely shocking to see a broke college or high school student trying to figure out and rationalize how to get the newest shiny toy.

and there is of course the xmas mentality which is basically lets blow a whole wad of cash on a bunch of crap we all dont really need and realize come the new year we are broke and in debt and if we were already in debt we are even more in debt.

and well anybody who frequents this site is probably a gaming/dvd shopaholic with some hoarding tendencies.

I just placed my order on Walmart. When I tried placing the order a few days ago, The page stated that the system would not ship until later in november/december. Now, the page reads the bundle will ship on November 18th.

[quote name='Xuchilbara']I just placed my order on Walmart. When I tried placing the order a few days ago, The page stated that the system would not ship until later in november/december. Now, the page reads the bundle will ship on November 18th.[/QUOTE]

I preorder the bundle from Walmart too. but now they shipped the wii remote and the game and the Wii U. show as pending but they took the money from the whole bundle from my account.

[quote name='hasturyo']I preorder the bundle from Walmart too. but now they shipped the wii remote and the game and the Wii U. show as pending but they took the money from the whole bundle from my account.[/QUOTE]

Yeah weird. Just checked my account and it says the same thing. Controller and game are seperate from the console. and to top it all off the order is being "processed" which I believe might stay that way until the actual ship date.

I agree. This is there way it works for any preorder. I don't know why we have to discuss it everytime.

I saw someone earlier say that their Wii U Pre-order was different on the reward site then their recpite and I can confirm that mine is too.

Online it says: TEST SKU FOR MARKET 19 #3 1 6775874 $5.00 $5.00

The one I got in store says: PRESELL WII WII U DELUXE - BLACK 32GB HAR 5.00

I wonder why its different and what the test sku for market 19 #3 means.

The SKUs match though so it shouldnt be an issue.

Because that can affect other stuff depending one the account.

[quote name='Linkgx1']Because that can affect other stuff depending one the account.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. Like I use auto BillPay from my Bank, so I need to know that stuff goes through. I don't keep 500 bucks in my checking account just because; it's in savings in a different bank, and I preordered on a whim, not knowing when they were going to sell out. Alternativley, people might not want to pay overdraft fees. Some people only use credit cards for emergencies, or don't want to carry a balance. Some just don't want a company holding their money until they are guaranteed a product, or until it ships at least.

Realistically, there is a wide array of reasons people would be concerned, so it would be best to prepare for these types of questions, because they will always be asked, and always have been.

[quote name='therealdanhill']Exactly. Like I use auto BillPay from my Bank, so I need to know that stuff goes through. I don't keep 500 bucks in my checking account just because; it's in savings in a different bank, and I preordered on a whim, not knowing when they were going to sell out. Alternativley, people might not want to pay overdraft fees. Some people only use credit cards for emergencies, or don't want to carry a balance. Some just don't want a company holding their money until they are guaranteed a product, or until it ships at least.

Realistically, there is a wide array of reasons people would be concerned, so it would be best to prepare for these types of questions, because they will always be asked, and always have been.[/QUOTE]
Yes, I'm very tight with my money and don't like one cent not being there. I really hate a company 'holding' my money....especially if they charge too many times. This actually happened with my Xbox Live acct. I had about $4000 in my savings but just about $50 in my account. I got a $30 subscription (thanks to this site) but somehow Microsoft thought I wanted 3 years.....and it charged a $15 fee for each renewal. I got it straightened out, but I don't like dealing with things like that. Less frustration.

So I have decided to (painfully) wait for a LE or price drop of the black Wii U. November is going to be a heavy hitter in terms of BF deals... Especially since I am keeping my fingers crossed for a LE of a 3DS XL this year.

Because they don't want their Welfare checks being tied up for a couple months.

[quote name='ral1121']Seeing as Target isn't doing instore pre orders, that would be my best bet to camp out at 10pm. Not too bad of a wait.[/QUOTE]

!?!?!

With Xbox 360 and Playstation 3, you needed to be there at least 12-24 hours before launch to secure a spot in line.

This time with most stores doing pre-orders,
there will be very few first-come first-serve consoles available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back