Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a heads up for others who have/ might decide to order from walmart. Walmart Authorizations may call you the following day to confirm your order with them. It should be noted that if you miss the call or do not call them back within 24 hours your order will be cancelled. Oh and gordo, I am abusing the system since my Welfare checks have already paid for 2 consoles.

[quote name='confoosious']Why are people who are so concerned about preauthorization holds spending $300 on a console?

Don't they have other concerns?[/QUOTE]

Well, it is $300. Not $60.

I am kinda bad with my money (I am on here after all, lol). Not like I don't make a decent amount, it is just a good portion of money tied up with a bank for a long period of time. Never know when I could get a flat tire or something more serious.

That and I am purchasing the iPhone 5, for myself, and the 'new' iPad for my GF for her B-Day.

Then I have all the new egg pre-orders and the one amazon pre-order in October to worry about.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Well, it is $300. Not $60.

I am kinda bad with my money (I am on here after all, lol). Not like I don't make a decent amount, it is just a good portion of money tied up with a bank for a long period of time. Never know when I could get a flat tire or something more serious.

That and I am purchasing the iPhone 5, for myself, and the 'new' iPad for my GF for her B-Day.

Then I have all the new egg pre-orders and the one amazon pre-order in October to worry about.[/QUOTE]

I sympathize with you fully. For me, the money is not the issue. I just prefer to pay the money upfront so I dont have to worry about billing at a later date. This is the reason I usually do pre-orders for music through sites that accept paypal so I can pay the full ammount and not have to worry about an invoice 2 months down the line.

[quote name='gordojones88']Because they don't want their Welfare checks being tied up for a couple months.[/QUOTE]

Yes but it's free and I'll swipe my ebt...with YOUR tax money!:)

[quote name='gordojones88']!?!?!

With Xbox 360 and Playstation 3, you needed to be there at least 12-24 hours before launch to secure a spot in line.

This time with most stores doing pre-orders,
there will be very few first-come first-serve consoles available.[/QUOTE]
Make it 8pm then. I am sure I'll get one without pre ordering.

With Xbox 360 and Playstation 3, you needed to be there at least 12-24 hours before launch to secure a spot in line.

I slept out for both and the 360 line filled up fast. PS3 wasn't as crazy down here in New Orleans at the wally world I went to. they all sold out but you could have gotten there much closer to release to get one. then they were getting returned pretty soon because the flipping market sucked balls for the ps3.

I wasn't planning on getting the Wii for a while so I'm going to hold off for now. I can't even remember the last time I fired up my wii. about to drop cash on iphone 5 for myself and the wife and then she's going to make plastic burn during the holidays and I'm sure I'll go overboard on black friday as always. I'll get in the wii u market later next year but i will be watching ebay to see how crazy prices get on these things.

[quote name='ral1121']Make it 8pm then. I am sure I'll get one without pre ordering.[/QUOTE]

Lol. You seem to be determined to grab your WiiU without the hassles of pre-order.

[quote name='ral1121']Make it 8pm then. I am sure I'll get one without pre ordering.[/QUOTE]

Unless there is not enough to cover pre-orders, I hope that is not the case

Sidenote: New PS3 remodel announced comes out next week with a white version to follow, I dunno how many people would buy it though

[quote name='jpatern']I slept out for both and the 360 line filled up fast.
Oh No! this brings back horrible memories of sleeping outside the San Francisco Sony Metreon Just to buy 2 copies of Final Fantasy IX. Waited outside since 8pm in a Squall cosplay outfit with my only food options being Denny's and Jack In The Box (>_< gross). Luckily my gunblade netted me over $300 in official square goodies. Til this day I'm not sure if Denny's Diareaha was worth all that:cry:

[quote name='jpatern']I slept out for both and the 360 line filled up fast. PS3 wasn't as crazy down here in New Orleans at the wally world I went to. they all sold out but you could have gotten there much closer to release to get one. then they were getting returned pretty soon because the flipping market sucked balls for the ps3.

I wasn't planning on getting the Wii for a while so I'm going to hold off for now. I can't even remember the last time I fired up my wii. about to drop cash on iphone 5 for myself and the wife and then she's going to make plastic burn during the holidays and I'm sure I'll go overboard on black friday as always. I'll get in the wii u market later next year but i will be watching ebay to see how crazy prices get on these things.[/QUOTE]

Oh No! this brings back horrible memories of sleeping outside the San Francisco Sony Metreon Just to buy 2 copies of Final Fantasy IX. Waited outside since 8pm in a Squall cosplay outfit with my only food options being Denny's and Jack In The Box (>_< gross). Luckily my gunblade netted me over $300 in official square goodies. Til this day I'm not sure if Denny's Diareaha was worth all that:cry:

[quote name='Linkgx1']Yes but it's free and I'll swipe my ebt...with YOUR tax money!:)[/QUOTE]

LOL so do I love my foodstamps = )

[quote name='Ninjaharley']Unless there is not enough to cover pre-orders, I hope that is not the case

Sidenote: New PS3 remodel announced comes out next week with a white version to follow, I dunno how many people would buy it though[/QUOTE]

i havent bought a ps3 and I wont buy one now I am moving to next gen already have this gen console xbox 360

Doing it old school.. I like it. I might join the fun and wait in line even thou I already went high tech and pre-ordered online.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Kind of pot vs kettle of me being a journalist, but I hate when the national media starts writing about games. I feel like they never know what they're talking about and they end up fucking shit up.[/QUOTE]

Very true. But there inexperience in the field makes non-gamers that more eager to throwdon copius ammounts of money for something they've been lead to believe they want.

Does anybody know if Wii games played on the Wii U will support the new pro controller? I may have to just keep playing Brawl on the Wii since I play with a GC controller, but if the pro works then that might be ok.

I don't know where you lived during the PS3 launch, but here in FL, those idiots were lined up with tents outside of best buy 5-7 days before launch!

Here's an interesting situation I've found myself in. I reserved a Deluxe on Fry's website on Sunday. The pre-order went through, and everything seemed fine. I paid for Overnight shipping so I could get it as soon as possible.

This morning, I received an email from them saying that the item is currently out of stock, but will ship as soon as it's available. It gives me the option of cancelling my pre-order. Should I be worried? What are the odds that my order will be satisfied at or near launch?

[quote name='Drclaw411']Does anybody know if Wii games played on the Wii U will support the new pro controller? I may have to just keep playing Brawl on the Wii since I play with a GC controller, but if the pro works then that might be ok.[/QUOTE]

No, they won't. They specifically state on nintendo.com that the new pro controller is for WiiU games only.

[quote name='Metallix87']Here's an interesting situation I've found myself in. I reserved a Deluxe on Fry's website on Sunday. The pre-order went through, and everything seemed fine. I paid for Overnight shipping so I could get it as soon as possible.

This morning, I received an email from them saying that the item is currently out of stock, but will ship as soon as it's available. It gives me the option of cancelling my pre-order. Should I be worried? What are the odds that my order will be satisfied at or near launch?[/QUOTE]

Just got the same email. I doubt we're getting one.

[quote name='Metallix87']Here's an interesting situation I've found myself in. I reserved a Deluxe on Fry's website on Sunday. The pre-order went through, and everything seemed fine. I paid for Overnight shipping so I could get it as soon as possible.

This morning, I received an email from them saying that the item is currently out of stock, but will ship as soon as it's available. It gives me the option of cancelling my pre-order. Should I be worried? What are the odds that my order will be satisfied at or near launch?[/QUOTE]

Cancel it. Fry's is not good at internet. They have done this before.

[quote name='bigsick']Just got the same email. I doubt we're getting one.[/QUOTE]

Got the email too. :( Ordered DELUXE Saturday night, after it was posted on CAG

Anybody get the email that ordered earlier in the day on Saturday or Friday?

I'm very grateful I went to Best Buy on Sunday - they still had the in-store pre-orders up. I was able to throw down my $5 (I was shocked it was only $5) for a Deluxe console. I'm so relieved - I don't have to spend all fall trying to secure one, or worse standing in line outside of store after store like I had to do with Wii (I got one in the 2nd shipment after launch). From the wording on the receipt, and talking to a few BB employees (including some that are above store level that I know) if you have a receipt you will get one launch day unless the truck is in some accident or something on it's way to store (but, like Wii, they will probably have it out back days before).

My take : Deluxe models will be in high demand and low availability, but I bet the white ones will be readily available with little effort before Xmas. Nintendo is clearly using a dual strategy here - the Deluxe model is by far a superior value (I would have paid $50 extra just for the black console and the extra memory, the other stuff - including a game that will go for $60 - is just a great bonus). So the black model will get them press and publicity for it's scarcity, but they won't piss off everyone who just wants to own a console like they did last time, when it was a year before you walked into a store and knew that there would be a Wii on the shelf. Many more casual people gave up by the time they were everywhere. The "wow I want to get that" wore off for people who may have become first time console buyers (or first time since the days of SNES buyers).

Looking at how preorder prices are already dropping out there for resellers, I also agree that a LOT of presales went to them. Heck, I even thought of picking up an extra. I didn't (too much hassle) but I am sure some bought up ten of 'em. For me, Best Buy was the lesser of the evils - I don't do business with GameStop (for a myriad of reasons), and all the other places besides Toys R Us didn't seem to have in-store, and Toys R Us pissed me off with the Wii launch 'cause after I stood in line I was told I could only get a "bundle" for $200 more and crap I didn't want. At least I'll get some nice reward zone points out of it.

[quote name='PrincessAdora']I

My take : Deluxe models will be in high demand and low availability, but I bet the white ones will be readily available with little effort before Xmas. Nintendo is clearly using a dual strategy here - the Deluxe model is by far a superior value (I would have paid $50 extra just for the black console and the extra memory, the other stuff - including a game that will go for $60 - is just a great bonus). So the black model will get them press and publicity for it's scarcity, but they won't piss off everyone who just wants to own a console like they did last time, when it was a year before you walked into a store and knew that there would be a Wii on the shelf. Many more casual people gave up by the time they were everywhere. The "wow I want to get that" wore off for people who may have become first time console buyers (or first time since the days of SNES buyers).
[/QUOTE]
I never really thought of it but I think you might be right. The $50 gets you a ton of more stuff, and people might be seeing the free game, and thinking it's the better value. I only really care about the extra HD Space and the cradle charger for the Wii-U gamepad, but if I really had to get an 8GB model, I would. I mean Nintendoland is fucking worthless to me :lol:. Gamestop will probably only give you 25 cents for it anyway because it's a pack in game.

[quote name='armandxp']I don't know where you lived during the PS3 launch, but here in FL, those idiots were lined up with tents outside of best buy 5-7 days before launch![/QUOTE]

I waited a good 15 hours outside of a Toys R Us in Tallahassee to get a PS3 pre-order. I was 4th in line and they were getting 4 PS3s in stock, so I was lucky.

Also camped for about 8 hours just to pre-order a Wii from Gamestop.

[quote name='PrincessAdora']My take : Deluxe models will be in high demand and low availability, but I bet the white ones will be readily available with little effort before Xmas. Nintendo is clearly using a dual strategy here - the Deluxe model is by far a superior value (I would have paid $50 extra just for the black console and the extra memory, the other stuff - including a game that will go for $60 - is just a great bonus). So the black model will get them press and publicity for it's scarcity, but they won't piss off everyone who just wants to own a console like they did last time, when it was a year before you walked into a store and knew that there would be a Wii on the shelf. Many more casual people gave up by the time they were everywhere. The "wow I want to get that" wore off for people who may have become first time console buyers (or first time since the days of SNES buyers).

Looking at how preorder prices are already dropping out there for resellers, I also agree that a LOT of presales went to them. Heck, I even thought of picking up an extra. I didn't (too much hassle) but I am sure some bought up ten of 'em. For me, Best Buy was the lesser of the evils - I don't do business with GameStop (for a myriad of reasons), and all the other places besides Toys R Us didn't seem to have in-store, and Toys R Us pissed me off with the Wii launch 'cause after I stood in line I was told I could only get a "bundle" for $200 more and crap I didn't want. At least I'll get some nice reward zone points out of it.[/QUOTE]
As much as I'd like to think you're right, the publicity around all this, regardless of the color/version of the console, has and will drive people into a feeding frenzy of 'I want one' or 'I want to profit off them'. For the first month or so up and up until after Christmas, trying to find a Wii U Deluxe or Basic is going to be difficult to say the least.

The resale market is fluctuating by hundreds of dollars every day because no one knows what the demand for them is yet and most are not desperate enough to pay much than retail for them at the moment. The market testing time will be the two weeks leading up to and after the release date. That's when the hype will peak and every parent/Johnny come lately will be trying to get one for Christmas or trying to profit off it.

About the Fry's backorder emails, I did a little googling and found another thread talking about the same issue preordering a different product. They emailed Fry's about it and received this response:

Dear valued Frys.com customer,

Thank you for contacting Frys.com. The automated backorder message you received was sent because you ordered a pre-order item. Unfortunately, our system does not differentiate between a "pre-order" and a "backorder." The order you have made is unavailable for shipping at this time and is expected to ship on the manufacturer's release date. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,
Casey M.
Sales Associate

I got the same backorder email and I'm still not sure what to think of it but this puts me at ease a little bit.

[quote name='Belarr']As much as I'd like to think you're right, the publicity around all this, regardless of the color/version of the console, has and will drive people into a feeding frenzy of 'I want one' or 'I want to profit off them'. For the first month or so up and up until after Christmas, trying to find a Wii U Deluxe or Basic is going to be difficult to say the least.

The resale market is fluctuating by hundreds of dollars every day because no one knows what the demand for them is yet and most are not desperate enough to pay much than retail for them at the moment. The market testing time will be the two weeks leading up to and after the release date. That's when the hype will peak and every parent/Johnny come lately will be trying to get one for Christmas or trying to profit off it.[/QUOTE]

This console launch will be interesting. I have talked to a few people this week about WiiU at work and no one has heard of it. These are current Wii owners that were oblivious to the WiiU. Also, I don't remember retailers pre-ordering any of the consoles back to the PS1 and original Xbox, so demand and press may be controlled because there will not be a line of people waiting outside a store for days. As long as Nintendo can produce these without part shortages, I do beleive these will be findable in most cities this holiday season.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']Cancel it. Fry's is not good at internet. They have done this before.[/QUOTE]

Fry's sucks at stock management online. There's probably no way you're gonna get it day one.

G4 just announced the launch release list, as well as titles available by the end of the year:

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/po...evealed-22-games-coming-november-18/#readmore

Games to be Released on November 18:
  • Assassin's Creed 3
  • Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
  • Darksiders 2
  • Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
  • ESPN: Sports Connection
  • Game Party Champions
  • Just Dance 4
  • Madden NFL 13
  • Marvel Avengers: Battle For Earth
  • Mass Effect 3: Special Edition
  • NBA 2K13
  • New Super Mario Bros. U
  • Nintendo Land
  • Rabbids Land
  • Rayman Legends
  • Scribblenanuts Unlimited
  • Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed
  • Tekken Tag Tournament 2
  • Transformers Prime
  • Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013
  • Zombi U
Games to be Released before the end of 2012:
  • Ben 10: Omniverse (Fall)
  • Family Party: 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade (December)
  • Funk Barn (November)
  • Jeopardy! (November)
  • Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (November)
  • Rise of the Guardians (November)
  • Sing party (November)
  • Skylanders Giants (Holiday)
  • Tank! Tank! Tank! (November)
  • Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper (Holiday)
  • Wheel of Fortune (November)

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I never really thought of it but I think you might be right. The $50 gets you a ton of more stuff, and people might be seeing the free game, and thinking it's the better value. I only really care about the extra HD Space and the cradle charger for the Wii-U gamepad, but if I really had to get an 8GB model, I would. I mean Nintendoland is fucking worthless to me :lol:. Gamestop will probably only give you 25 cents for it anyway because it's a pack in game.[/QUOTE]

I do want Nintendoland (as a "here is what the Wii U can do" demonstration for people who come over, plus I am a sucker for Nintendo characters) but the $60 stand-alone price would have really stung.

That's honestly why I believe what I do - if the white was $250 and the deluxe $350 it would have made more sense, but seriously - the dollar value of the deluxe makes it a no-brainer for most besides the really casual. Although some Nintendo sites are saying that the white is directed to "hardcore" because it does not include Nintendoland, I think that it's the opposite because of all it's got : first, it's not white, which I think most people prefer, and second, the 4x amount of memory needs that even if you plan to be a big downloader you won't need an external HD right away.

On top of that, you get a game that will retail for $60, a set of stands that Nintendo is selling separately for $20, plus whatever discounts/etc. the deluxe membership thing has. So that's $80+ of value of things a lot of us want anyway - so on top of the color, and the 4x memory - I can't see even many casual people seeing the list of stuff and not thinking they might as well spend the $50 if they can.

So it's a way for Nintendo to get all the press of being rare and hard to get, but on the other hand not the bad press they got when it took a year for them to actually be regularly on the store shelves. They really PO'd a lot of people last time - I know quite a few families who's last console was the NES or SNES that wanted them, but not having an easy way to get one for so long they pretty much lost interest.

[quote name='Belarr']As much as I'd like to think you're right, the publicity around all this, regardless of the color/version of the console, has and will drive people into a feeding frenzy of 'I want one' or 'I want to profit off them'. For the first month or so up and up until after Christmas, trying to find a Wii U Deluxe or Basic is going to be difficult to say the least.

The resale market is fluctuating by hundreds of dollars every day because no one knows what the demand for them is yet and most are not desperate enough to pay much than retail for them at the moment. The market testing time will be the two weeks leading up to and after the release date. That's when the hype will peak and every parent/Johnny come lately will be trying to get one for Christmas or trying to profit off it.[/QUOTE]

Sure, the resale market is surely in flux because of that. And we really won't know how "rare" the Deluxe will be until after release day and what people will really pay for it up to Xmas. But many stores still have white preorders - both my local Best Buy and Toys R Us are taking pre-orders for the white even now. So either they are making a lot more of them, or there is far more demand for the black. I do feel bad for people who get "stuck" with a white and do not want one - I can't imagine many people who are already paying $300 who don't see the value there for $350. But if someone has "gotta have it" - then the white will do instead of no console at all.

I think Nintendo has already showed an unprecedented control over the retailers/pre-orders so far. I mean, there is really little chance that all US stores practically ended online preorders of the Deluxe on the same day, and that in-store deluxe pre-orders pretty much went down the next day, in all areas of the country. It was a coordinated effort. I won't be surprised at all if we eventually see some leaked documents or other material indicating this was planned by Nintendo this way, at which time I think they will deserve a :applause: for well played.

Here is how I think it will go down: between now and launch day, I think there will be a few more spurts here and there of open pre-orders, mostly for the white version. They appeased the "hard core" fans with three days of relatively painless pre-ordering - online, in store, whatever, you had several days where stuff was open, not "sold out in three minutes, I couldn't even logon". And in-store pre-orders were crazy easy to get, at least at Best Buy - print a coupon out of a machine, walk up and pay $5. Come back launch day. Similar at Toys R Us with $20 deposit (I'm still shocked Best Buy was still only $5).

At launch day, I think there will be 0 deluxes available for anything but pre-orders, and there will be small quantities of white ones. I see the line at Best Buy being - stand here for pre-orders, and everyone else gets to stand in line for a ticket to get one of the white models they have for first-come-first-serve. And I'm willing to bet (at least at midnight/opening morning, what have you depending on the retailer) they will also have limited preorder slots to get a deluxe by Xmas so parents who show up thinking they will be getting an Xmas present for their kids and finding out you had to preorder can drop the coin.

Then, likely staggering here and there pre-orders at various retailers up until Xmas, with several shipments, almost all white (I won't guess at an exact ratio, but I bet it will be at least 2:1). Nintendo has been so coordinated with this round, I bet they will also rotate retailers and time periods so everyone gets a shot (they seem to be trying very hard to please them to make it easier on us - but still drive up publicity and demands).

The problem with the Wii launch was that you literally had to spend hours researching the web and making calls to find the damn thing. I remember I finally got mine from reading a message board where a best buy employee was giving a heads up about their 2nd shipment, and which stores would have them. I was there at 4am driving around, though I didn't actually get out of the car until 8am for a 10am opening. They gave out tickets at 9 - and we all left (I went to breakfast LOL). At 10am, we just waited in our warm cars for it to open as we had tickets, while by then the people that got the Sunday paper and found out about it had lined up 30 min or so early. They were irritated when we walked right past them, there were 0 left. I remember this one dad who thought they were "first" in line was so excited and then really upset that they were already gone. I very clearly can still hear him saying (and I understood his frustration), "When do you give out tickets? How do you find out if you don't open till 10?" because they had come outside at 9 when the newspaper ad specified they would have a certain amount in stock "at opening" which was 10.

That pissed a lot of people off, and I think Nintendo wants to avoid that again. But they also have a worldwide launch and don't want them to just be sitting on the shelf as PS3's did*. I think everyone who wants a Wii U can get one by Xmas (at least the white one) unless you run out on Dec 24th and expect to score one, and I think Nintendo is going to rely on software to pull them through the rest of year one, instead of story after story just being about how hard to get it is - I think it will focus on how good it is once you've gotten it. They really seemed to learn from the mistakes of the Wii.

*On the PS3 debate - by Xmas they were sitting on shelves, at least in my area. Before I got my Wii, I waited in about a half dozen "outside of stores trying to get one" lines, and there were always scores of people for a Wii, and like 2-3 for a PS, and they usually got 5 or 6 so when all the Wii's were out the door, there were still a couple of PS3's anyone could have walked up and gotten. After the 2nd and 3rd shipments started coming in, they were literally sitting on the shelves for days at a time - I remember going to one store several days in a row (looking for Wii Remotes - my gosh, everyone remember that even they were hard to come by at the beginning?) and seeing the same box of one (it had a little dent so I recognized it each time) sitting for three mornings in a row. People forget these were $500-600, plus Blu-ray still hadn't won the war yet, so it was less of a draw to people on the fence on spending that much at the time. It rebounded - but the launch didn't have nearly the demand at those prices as the Wii did at the same time.

[quote name='SteveGo']Dang, no Pikmin 3.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, very disappointing. That was the game I was looking forward to the most :(

Broke down and preordered a basic off of gamestop.com, this will be the first time I get a console at launch. Thinking of zombi u and maybe black ops 2. Honestly speaking I'm not really interested in black ops as I have been really underwhelmed with what I've seen. Only reason I want a second game is to make sure I have something interesting to play in case zombi u isn't my cup of tea. Rayman legends looks good, but I'm on the fence right now. I could go for Mass effect 3 or Assassins creed, but I never really got into those franchises. Anyway, glad I have secured the system for launch. I would have waited but don't want to spend months waiting for it well into 2013. I want to make sure that next year my money is free for the next xbox or playstation. I have a feeling one will launch mid to late next year and really think it will be microsoft.

Nice to see Black Ops 2 for release...if it supports 3D I'll get it for the Wii U. Already getting Nintendoland, NSMBU and Zombie U on release day. I'll pick up Rayman Legends when it gets down to around $30.

Hey I just tried ordering the Deluxe BUNDLE from walmart.com but it didn't go through. There was a payment error at the end and the balance was charged and then reversed. Is it because there are no more deluxe models available? Can someone who tried recently this confirm?

I preordered a deluxe console online for in store pickup at the Mall of America Best Buy.

Looking at the release day list above, I'll probably just get New Super Mario. There are other games on that list I'll be buying for Xbox 360. I might want to play Zombie U, but I need to see a lot more about that game.

[quote name='mr.ratburn']Hey I just tried ordering the Deluxe BUNDLE from walmart.com but it didn't go through. There was a payment error at the end and the balance was charged and then reversed. Is it because there are no more deluxe models available? Can someone who tried recently this confirm?[/QUOTE]
Uh oh. Looks like you might have joined my payment charge glitch club. Forget ever using that account for buying something that will be shipped.
In my case: Payments only process:
Always with PayPal

Credit cards, ONLY when item is in stock at store, never when shipped to house or store. Does NOT matter which card. It can be a card with that has a zero balance, or thousands left on limit. No matter.

I ordered the basic from best buy last night. I was on the fence, but I have never missed a nintendo home console launch. my wife pushed me over the edge to order it.

I have never had to pre-order a system, but I like the idea of just being able to show up and have one waiting for me.

has there been any news on an accessories pack, which would have the extras included with the premium version?

Is Tank! Tank! Tank! a multiplayer only game? Or is there a story mode/single player of some kind? It looks really cool, but I'll probably be playing this console alone for the foreseeable future.

Hello everyone just a new user here.. Just wanted to thank everyone for all the deals and updates! You guys saved my Christmas because I would not have known this was available to preorder already and I secured 2 deluxe Wii U's (One at Best Buy and one at Gamestop) for my family and I on the first day. Thankfully I won't have to camp out this year! That being said I'm pretty disappointed Pikmin 3 isn't coming anytime soon. Guess I'll just be adding $5 more to New Super Mario Bros. U :)

[quote name='irighti']I ordered the basic from best buy last night. I was on the fence, but I have never missed a nintendo home console launch. my wife pushed me over the edge to order it.

I have never had to pre-order a system, but I like the idea of just being able to show up and have one waiting for me.

has there been any news on an accessories pack, which would have the extras included with the premium version?[/QUOTE]

The color and extra internal memory, of course, won't. Though I'm sure various "sticker" type skins will pop up, and the memory limit is just internal - since all Wii U's will work with external drives, you can make the storage relatively limitless no matter which one you buy.

The Gamepad dock and stand are on pre-order from Amazon for $20 right now (official Nintendo versions), and I'm sure by launch day there will be various 3rd party options, too. The only thing it doesn't include are the clips to hold the system on it's side (odd that they don't include those with both, but not essential and again, 3rd party will probably have a cheap one).

Nintendoland will be available separately for $60 retail, same version.

The only other thing is the "Premium" online thing - reports are kind of sketchy, and officially it seems like an elite version of Club Nintendo and some sources say you get a 10% discount on downloads. I don't think we'll know until launch what it really does fully. It also sounds like you might be able to buy this separately at one point, but that's just what it seems like - I haven't seen either way.

All in all, it's a nice deal and saves a few bucks if you want Nintendoland and the stands, but I don't think it will greatly affect enjoyment of the console, and is mostly replicable.

[quote name='loomis1975']Glad ZombiU made it as a day one launch title.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad it seems Batman is now, too - really wanted that one because of the unique UI implementation.

thank you.

the stands hold little appeal for me. I personally do think it is kind of poor to not include nintendoland with the basic console as well. I know games are going to be scarce in my location, based on previous console launches. it would have been nice to have something to play right out of the box.

Hey everyone,

I just found out about this whole pre-order scenario right now after camping in the Adirondacks for a week. I just speed-ordered the deluxe through Wal-Mart and am now trying to find out confirmation that these pre-orders will indeed have the system in our hands in Nov/Dec. I just remember the '06 PS3 fiasco, so now I'm just sketchy of anything.

So from what we can tell, or from your experiences, is this Wal-Mart pre-order legit? Or will it be a thing that people will get their systems in pre-order waves depending on when they ordered?

Thanks again.

[quote name='6er']Uh oh. Looks like you might have joined my payment charge glitch club. Forget ever using that account for buying something that will be shipped.
In my case: Payments only process:
Always with PayPal

Credit cards, ONLY when item is in stock at store, never when shipped to house or store. Does NOT matter which card. It can be a card with that has a zero balance, or thousands left on limit. No matter.[/QUOTE]

OK, when you used paypal, did they charge the full amount right away, or did they do the hold and then release like they normally do with credit card pre-orders?

UPDATE: I think I found the answer with a little bit of googling:

PayPal Authorizations:

If a PayPal order is cancelled, an authorization hold may apply and should automatically drop off after 7 business days
All PayPal orders are charged immediately, including preorders
For further information, visit www.paypal.com or call 1-888-221-1161

Source

Looks like I'm not preordering from Walmart then... I'll still hold on to my Gamestop Basic Set preorder and wait if one of these stores open up deluxe preorders because that's the version I actually want. But if I do end up with the basic I'll still be very happy. Ironically, I went to Gamestop last Friday to pick up a 3DS game and the guy asked me if I wanted to pre-order the Wii U. I instinctively said no, that's what I'm used to saying whenever a GS employee asks me something, then I walked out. Less than half an hour later, Wii U Deluxe preorders run out. Next day, I start calling everywhere to see if they had any left, and nope. Then I cave in and preorder a Basic Set from the same guy the next day... I know it's completely my own fault, but if GS didn't shove preorders down our throats all the time, I might have actually listened to him when he said it might run out soon. It's difficult to believe them when at the same time they tell you to preorder Borderlands 2 or Call of Duty claiming it might "run out", yeah right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back