Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I think at this point there are clearly a number of preorders being made by resellers hoping to hit it big but on the other hand this seems to be early indications of a potential hit. Time will tell but seeing these preorders selling out has me optimistic about the WiiU's future. The other nice part about this preorder sales success is that it potentially indicates to developers that there is interest in the system which will spur them into developing for the system that much sooner.

[quote name='tonybonjovi']Yeah...And if there is some sort of screw up with pre-orders...and there always is...you gonna have some mighty pissed off people. Ebay should not even be allowing people to post these auctions since really this thing doesn't even exist yet! Then again...ebay and paypal get their cut..what the hell do they care![/QUOTE]

They've been cancelling most of them, as their policy is that you have to be able to have the item to the buyer within 30 days of the auction ending

People buying preorders off eBay are just stupid. The buyer protection that eBay gives its buyers only lasts 45 days. So you have to file a claim with eBay / PayPal within 45 days if you have yet to receive your item. If you buy a preorder for something like the Wii U and it doesn't come out until mid November, you are screwing yourself. What if when the Wii U comes out the seller doesn't bother sending you the console? Answer: you are out of luck since you are out of the 45 day max period to file a claim for not receiving your item.

People really should have patience when it comes to stuff like this. I also don't want to hear about people who missed your chance to preorder. My GameStop called me the day preorders came out to inform me to place a preorder. I mean seriously only $25 down if you are a powerup rewards member? That's chump change if you have any sort of job.

I still think GCN had the better launch:

scrn_rogueSquadronRogueLeader-01.jpg

super-smash-bros-melee-characters.jpg

Especially with Smash Bros. Icing on the cake. We didn't even get a sequel until Wii U. *sigh* and it will probaly be at LEAST two years before we get it. Once can dream though.

If I were in charge of the Wii U launch: Rogue Squadroon IV, Smash Bros IV, Super Mario U (haven't had a launch 3d mario game in over a decade)

[quote name='Linkgx1']I still think GCN had the better launch:

scrn_rogueSquadronRogueLeader-01.jpg

super-smash-bros-melee-characters.jpg

Especially with Smash Bros. Icing on the cake. We didn't even get a sequel until Wii U. *sigh* and it will probaly be at LEAST two years before we get it. Once can dream though.

If I were in charge of the Wii U launch: Rogue Squadroon IV, Smash Bros IV, Super Mario U (haven't had a launch 3d mario game in over a decade)[/QUOTE]

Did you really just ignore the existence of Brawl? One of the best games on the Wii, and my personal favorite game of all time? For shame!

[quote name='Drclaw411']Did you really just ignore the existence of Brawl? One of the best games on the Wii, and my personal favorite game of all time? For shame![/QUOTE]
I actually disliked Brawl. It was kinda...meh. I disliked Smash attacks, and hated that most of the characters were essentially the same from last time. Ganondorf still a copy of captain falcon. It just was more of a......a 2.0 than a full blown sequel IMO. Felt like if the GCN had a hardrive then it would be possible (a la N64DD) I was a HUGE Melee fan though.

[quote name='Linkgx1']I actually disliked Brawl. It was kinda...meh. I disliked Smash attacks, and hated that most of the characters were essentially the same from last time. Ganondorf still a copy of captain falcon. It just was more of a......a 2.0 than a full blown sequel IMO. Felt like if the GCN had a hardrive then it would be possible (a la N64DD) I was a HUGE Melee fan though.[/QUOTE]

Agree to disagree I guess. I just love all the smash games but Brawl is by far my favorite. And I actually really likes the Subspace Emissary and I hope the next game gets a sequel to it. I know most people thought Subspace was pretty average, but I LOVE sides rollers and one built on the smash engine with all those characters was a dream come true for me. I still remember how excited I was for that game. Me and 14 friends went to the midnight launch...we got there at 4pm. We had three coolers, ordered pizza, and built a basketball hoop out of a bucket, tape, and chair that we got at the dollar store next to GS. It was a blast. We all played in the tournament and my buddy nearly won. It was a lot of fun seeing as how it was the first time any of us had played Smash with a wii remote and nobody knew the controls. That launch was such a blast. Low point was when some nerdy thick glasses dude came up to one of my friends and asked her "if you're a real girl gamer can I have your number?". She pretended she didn't play games and was just there to hang out with us, lol.

I remember checking the Smash dojo every night for the update and spending hours on the smash world forums. I have out more hours into Brawl matches alone than probably any other game this generation, and it's not like I don't play my other games a TON. Damn I love that game.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Agree to disagree I guess. I just love all the smash games but Brawl is by far my favorite. And I actually really likes the Subspace Emissary and I hope the next game gets a sequel to it. I know most people thought Subspace was pretty average, but I LOVE sides rollers and one built on the smash engine with all those characters was a dream come true for me. I still remember how excited I was for that game. Me and 14 friends went to the midnight launch...we got there at 4pm. We had three coolers, ordered pizza, and built a basketball hoop out of a bucket, tape, and chair that we got at the dollar store next to GS. It was a blast. We all played in the tournament and my buddy nearly won. It was a lot of fun seeing as how it was the first time any of us had played Smash with a wii remote and nobody knew the controls. That launch was such a blast. Low point was when some nerdy thick glasses dude came up to one of my friends and asked her "if you're a real girl gamer can I have your number?". She pretended she didn't play games and was just there to hang out with us, lol.

I remember checking the Smash dojo every night for the update and spending hours on the smash world forums. I have out more hours into Brawl matches alone than probably any other game this generation, and it's not like I don't play my other games a TON. Damn I love that game.[/QUOTE]

Oh no I'm not saying it wasn't awesome. It was. Subspace is what I wanted Adventure mode to be in the first place. I guess...... I made the mistake of being too big of a fan setting expectations to high. Like I imagined this huge online component. I followed it every day. I even made a calendar for Brawl ( somewhere in my house!). I'll probally buy it again with the Wii U. It's just high expectations and waiting 6+ years is kinda like waiting for Star Wars Ep 1 after seeing that legendary poster.

^ You know, this "launch window" nonsense from Nintendo is pretty annoying when by that they mean through March (or later). But I think 2 weeks afterwards pretty much counts as a launch title. I'd say anything the first month is a launch title and the term "launch window" should be, uh, terminated ;).

[quote name='Josh5890']This. I don't plan on going to gamestop on November 18th with more than my driver's license and maybe $20. I'm already going to be protecting my shiny new console.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Xuchilbara']It's more a matter of secuirity and not worrying about doing anything but picking up your console with just your I.D. or pro rewards card on hand. I dont see what the problem is if people decide to pay in full or make payments as the release approaches.I really dont see reason for any argument here.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Dr. Dib']This too. I'm more freaking out more about getting mugged than getting a console. I'd rather pay it off beforehand and come with pretty much what you're coming with. This is also why I'm sort of hoping there isn't a midnight launch. I'd like not having to wake up early for a store opening, but at the same time I'd rather not risk walking through a pitch black parking lot.

Or hopefully GameStop and other stores doing preorders hires some security. Or at least do what a previous poster mentioned and have people just drive up to the door and pickup their consoles/games.[/QUOTE]

These are good points. I think I'll go in beforehand and pay off the rest (with my GS credit) so there is nothing I have to deal with when I pick up my preorder. I suppose I'll still have my PUR card with me anyway (though it doesn't haev nearly enough to pay off the system - I have my credit split onto multiple cards). My GS is in a pretty safe place, but you never know.

I definitely want there to be a midnight launch though. I remember getting my Wii at midnight and going home and hooking it up late at night when everyone else was asleep and messing around with those cool new Mii things ;). Plus I got a ton of friend code exchanges via CAG because it was new and shiny. Hell, I even got Cheapy to exchange friends codes. I think he has since trashed (literally) his Wii system and the memory on mine went corrupt so I lost all those codes (had 1000's in my Mii Parade when it died that I also lost), but it was fun for the first year. It then grew into disappointment when you couldn't really do anything with all those friends on your friends list... But hopefully they fix all that this time around.

By the way, the memory going currupt also led to me losing all progress on Brawl and Animal Crossing. I never played either game again after that and in fact I will not get into any game on the Wii or Wii U if they have locked, uncopyable saves. That memory corruption thing was obviously a flaw in their OS design and I seriously hope they don't have that issue with the Wii U or at the very least that we can back up any and all saves.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Technically, Melee wasn't available at the GameCube's launch - it came out two weeks later.[/QUOTE]

4 weeks here. Launch.... Window I should say. When my parents got it for my birthday it was my first gcn title.:)

[quote name='Dr. Dib']This too. I'm more freaking out more about getting mugged than getting a console. I'd rather pay it off beforehand and come with pretty much what you're coming with. This is also why I'm sort of hoping there isn't a midnight launch. I'd like not having to wake up early for a store opening, but at the same time I'd rather not risk walking through a pitch black parking lot.

Or hopefully GameStop and other stores doing preorders hires some security. Or at least do what a previous poster mentioned and have people just drive up to the door and pickup their consoles/games.[/QUOTE]

Bring a GAP or H&M bag or something like that to throw it in or, if you don't have anything like that laying around, an old gym duffle bag. As long as you don't advertise "hey, I've got a Wii U" by carrying around a GameStop bag, you should be fine. If I lived in an area where public transportation was the only sane way to travel (just the opposite here in FL), I'd probably do something like this just for peace of mind.

[quote name='ProppaT']Bring a GAP or H&M bag or something like that to throw it in or, if you don't have anything like that laying around, an old gym duffle bag. As long as you don't advertise "hey, I've got a Wii U" by carrying around a GameStop bag, you should be fine. If I lived in an area where public transportation was the only sane way to travel (just the opposite here in FL), I'd probably do something like this just for peace of mind.[/QUOTE]

How do you know someone wont rob you for those new khakis and polo shirt? Its a crazy world.

[quote name='D.Choy']People buying preorders off eBay are just stupid. The buyer protection that eBay gives its buyers only lasts 45 days. So you have to file a claim with eBay / PayPal within 45 days if you have yet to receive your item. If you buy a preorder for something like the Wii U and it doesn't come out until mid November, you are screwing yourself. What if when the Wii U comes out the seller doesn't bother sending you the console? Answer: you are out of luck since you are out of the 45 day max period to file a claim for not receiving your item.

People really should have patience when it comes to stuff like this. I also don't want to hear about people who missed your chance to preorder. My GameStop called me the day preorders came out to inform me to place a preorder. I mean seriously only $25 down if you are a powerup rewards member? That's chump change if you have any sort of job.[/QUOTE]
Yeah it's kinda ridiculous to buy a preorder off e-bay of that amount. Especially now because someone could take your money and well nothing you can do about it because of the 45 day period. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of scumbags were actually trying this, seeing if people could bite then shaft them because you had your chance to file a complaint period is over.

Also there were more then enough chances to preorder. Gamestop.com had preorders of the 32 GB model for over 3 days, and when Gamestop.com stopped taking preorders, Wal Mart.com started. Plus I mean I don't follow gaming sites religiously but even just following Nintendo on facebook would of told you hey, Wii-U news. Better look for preorders.

[quote name='jessesixto']I was able to order the Deluxe in the Walmart bundle. However is says it will arrive on the 28th of November. :(
Order it about 4:00pm Central time today.

The people who where able to order the deluxe without the bundle are the arrive dates the same as mine?[/QUOTE]

I preordered deluxe bundle with pro controller and super mario U tues morning. It said estimated time of arrival is november 21st-29th. I keep checking the email and it says should receive by november 29th. I'll be kind of shocked if I get a system by mid december though because I'm afraid I waited a bit too long to preorder. I guess it depends on how many units walmart have in their warehouses on launch day. I also wonder if walmart puts online orders over in store stocking because if so I can't imagine there being any Wii U consoles on the store shelves.

Looks like Best Buy's website is no longer taking pre-orders for either model for shipping or in-store pickup. This is a bit of a good sign for those of us who pre-ordered through the website, as it shows that maybe they DO know their limits as far as pre-orders go.

Stoked to play the first ever Mario game in HD.

[quote name='ProppaT']Looks like Best Buy's website is no longer taking pre-orders for either model for shipping or in-store pickup. This is a bit of a good sign for those of us who pre-ordered through the website, as it shows that maybe they DO know their limits as far as pre-orders go.

Stoked to play the first ever Mario game in HD.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I can't wait for it. I just hope my wii component cable hooked up to my HDTV will pass a 720p signal. If not then I will have to buy a hdmi switch being as my 32" westinghouse has only 1 hdmi which my launch ps3 is using. My halo reach 360 is using 1 component and the Wii the other component.

[quote name='ps2emotions']Me too. I can't wait for it. I just hope my wii component cable hooked up to my HDTV will pass a 720p signal. If not then I will have to buy a hdmi switch being as my 32" westinghouse has only 1 hdmi which my launch ps3 is using. My halo reach 360 is using 1 component and the Wii the other component.[/QUOTE]

If it doesn't, Nintendo is just being stubborn (and, well, Nintendo tends to be stubborn). Good news is you can get a three port HDMI switcher for $10 now...some of them even come with a remote). And, HDMI cables are like $2 from monoprice. I've actually thought about buying an HDMI switch for my tv just so I only have one video cable running to the back of my tv. It'd be nice to reduce cable clutter to one HDMI cable behind my tv.

[quote name='ProppaT']If it doesn't, Nintendo is just being stubborn (and, well, Nintendo tends to be stubborn). Good news is you can get a three port HDMI switcher for $10 now...some of them even come with a remote). And, HDMI cables are like $2 from monoprice. I've actually thought about buying an HDMI switch for my tv just so I only have one video cable running to the back of my tv. It'd be nice to reduce cable clutter to one HDMI cable behind my tv.[/QUOTE]
Oh, didn't know they were $10 for a switcher. I have to do that for the Wii-U because I already have my 2 ports full.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Oh, didn't know they were $10 for a switcher. I have to do that for the Wii-U because I already have my 2 ports full.[/QUOTE]

It's like every other electronics accessory. If you go to Best Buy, it's going to cost you $50-75. If you go to Monoprice.com, Amazon, or some place like DealExtreme, it's probably gonna cost a fraction of the price. I know I saw a 3 port switcher w/ remote for $9 on Amazon the other day. I don't know what the active switchers are priced these days, which are the best (they sense information on the HDMI channel and automatically switch for you when you turn on your console).

FWIW, I buy all my cables through Monoprice. They're all dirt cheap, you can pick just about any length/color you'd ever want, and everything I've ordered is pretty high quality. High enough quality to where you don't know how they do it for the price.

[quote name='ProppaT']It's like every other electronics accessory. If you go to Best Buy, it's going to cost you $50-75. If you go to Monoprice.com, Amazon, or some place like DealExtreme, it's probably gonna cost a fraction of the price. I know I saw a 3 port switcher w/ remote for $9 on Amazon the other day. I don't know what the active switchers are priced these days, which are the best (they sense information on the HDMI channel and automatically switch for you when you turn on your console).

FWIW, I buy all my cables through Monoprice. They're all dirt cheap, you can pick just about any length/color you'd ever want, and everything I've ordered is pretty high quality. High enough quality to where you don't know how they do it for the price.[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah, I know Monoprice for cables. I am just used to input switchers for PC (KVM switchers) costing a fortune. I will have to look closer to launch.

[quote name='iaacp']Considering half the people in this thread (and those who preordered) will probably flip theirs, I'd much rather it go to a kid.[/QUOTE]

60% of all statistics on the internet are made up!

The percent of pre-orders going to flippers is all speculation at this point and since we don't know how many consoles will be available at launch, the point is moot. Bottom line, is people who pre-ordered should get the first crack at purchasing the system. If the store doesn't get enough to fulfill someones pre-order, that's one thing. However, people who pre-ordered didn't put money down to be entered into a store lottery system.

People who support flippers are to blame for the flip phenomenon. It's not like getting tickets to a concert where there's a finite number of tickets available. Show some restraint if you can't get it on day 1, they'll make more.

BTW - I pre-ordered one deluxe and plan to keep it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I preordered 1 deluxe from gamestop shortly after they put it up so I should get it at launch. I then ordered my games from New egg for 47.99 with a promo code. I ordered about 15 of them because I wanted to get the deal and am not sure which ones I will keep.

Weird, Bestbuy just charged my credit card again for the Deluxe even though they removed the first authorization. I hope Bestbuy won't be randomly charging my card and then removing the charge. Amazon, PLEASE start taking preorders!

[quote name='therealdeal19']Weird, Bestbuy just charged my credit card again for the Deluxe even though they removed the first authorization. I hope Bestbuy won't be randomly charging my card and then removing the charge. Amazon, PLEASE start taking preorders![/QUOTE]
That authorization will be charged then removed IIRC about every 2 weeks till they do a final charge when the item ships. If you have problem with authorizing you could also possible lose the pre order, so it kinda sucks with that issue.

[quote name='Braxis']Bestbuy is notorious for backorders. I wouldn't trust them just a piece of advice.[/QUOTE]

Yep. A lot of iPhone 5 folks are finding that out the hard way.

not sure if this has been asked but has anyone pre-ordered the wii u from gamestop then after the initial pre-order try to trade in a wii console and get the $50 for it? I tried today and the guy said you had to trade it in when doing the initial pre-order?

[quote name='tbassett']not sure if this has been asked but has anyone pre-ordered the wii u from gamestop then after the initial pre-order try to trade in a wii console and get the $50 for it? I tried today and the guy said you had to trade it in when doing the initial pre-order?[/QUOTE]
True statement. Part of the reason why they pulled the trade-in promo when all the pre-orders sold out.

[quote name='Firecrest']Thank you- those are my exact sentiments. No need for any senseless debates. :applause:[/QUOTE]

At least this forum is milestones ahead of yahoo in way of class (I know, thats not saying much...). On yahoo the argument pretty much somehow turned into a racial debate in less than 15 posts.

[quote name='Xuchilbara']At least this forum is milestones ahead of yahoo in way of class (I know, thats not saying much...). On yahoo the argument pretty much somehow turned into a racial debate in less than 15 posts.[/QUOTE]

That or denouncing all forms of religion. Yahoo comments sometimes just scare me altogether.

I'm out of stuff I would never play again to trade-in. Got less than half to pay for in cash...or Gamestop gift cards that I can buy from Amazon which I have like $43 in credit there.

[quote name='coopscohen']At GS right now, they started a waitlist for Wii U console orders. No deposit required.[/QUOTE]

Guy at gamestop yesterday was trying to get customers on the waiting list even though they weren't even there for anything Nintendo related.

I asked my BB if they are doing a midnight launch and as of right now they don't know but would likely depend on how many preorders they had. He wasn't sure how many preorders they had for their store.

[quote name='armandxp']Looks like my Target preorder didn't get charged to my card. Maybe they will wait for shipping time..... :)[/QUOTE]

I just looked at my Target pre-order e-mail and it says along the bottom that they will not "charge your credit card until your order enters the shipping process"... Yay, I finally have something to post to this thread - and not just lurk :)

[quote name='ps2emotions']Me too. I can't wait for it. I just hope my wii component cable hooked up to my HDTV will pass a 720p signal. If not then I will have to buy a hdmi switch being as my 32" westinghouse has only 1 hdmi which my launch ps3 is using. My halo reach 360 is using 1 component and the Wii the other component.[/QUOTE]According to Wiki, it does.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']Guy at gamestop yesterday was trying to get customers on the waiting list even though they weren't even there for anything Nintendo related.

I asked my BB if they are doing a midnight launch and as of right now they don't know but would likely depend on how many preorders they had. He wasn't sure how many preorders they had for their store.[/QUOTE]

I asked the same at mine, got the same answer, but My BB hasn't done a midnight launch in a long time so I doubt it, plus with black friday coming up

[quote name='Ninjaharley']I asked the same at mine, got the same answer, but My BB hasn't done a midnight launch in a long time so I doubt it, plus with black friday coming up[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter too much to me if there is no
Midnight launch...probably safer picking it up the next day.

I was still able to pre-order at my local TRU today. I got the deluxe model. The associate said I'd be guaranteed one on 11/18 and receipt shows that as the ETA.

[quote name='ckendal']I was still able to pre-order at my local TRU today. I got the deluxe model. The associate said I'd be guaranteed one on 11/18 and receipt shows that as the ETA.[/QUOTE]

Good luck with that. Toys R Us is probably at the bottom of my reliability list whe it comes to something that'll be scarce at release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back